Average cost of HIPEC (Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) is $20,000. Listed below medical centers provide this procedure to treat stomach cancer with metastasis. Here you can compare the prices and choose the most appropriate hospital for treatment.
Remember, the HIPEC treatment cost can vary regarding a country’s price policy. For instance, stomach cancer treatment in Turkey is 6 times cheaper than in the USA.
Submit a request on our website and get your individual cost of the procedure from Bookimed manager. See more about our services here.
5 days for arrangement
- The price for HIPEC treatment at Helios Berlin-Buch starts from €46,000.
- Prof. Peter Reichardt is a Head of the Oncology Center, specializes in stomach cancer treatment. Prof. Reichardt belongs to such authoritative communities as the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), and the German Cancer Society, etc.
- Dr. Martin Strik, a leading surgical oncologist and his high-specialized team perform successful stomach cancer surgeries. The specialists apply HIPEC for difficult cases, as metastatic stomach cancer.
- About 97% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch Oncology Department according to an anonymous survey.
- Get your HIPEC surgery cost at Helios Berlin-Buch by submitting a request on Bookimed website.
5 days for arrangement
- At Bremen-Mitte, HIPEC surgery treatment cost starts from €48,000.
- Doctors apply HIPEC to treat metastatic stomach cancer.
- Prof. H. Bektas, a leading expert in stomach cancer surgery, has 15 years of experience and more than 200 successful HIPEC cases.
- In 2015-2016, the Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included Bremen-Mitte in the top of the leading medical centers in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews.
- 40,000 patients choose Bremen-Mitte clinic for treatment annually.
3 days for arrangement
- The price for HIPEC treatment at Anadolu starts from $24,000.
- 43% is a survival rate for people with gastric cancer over 1-year period.
- Anadolu specialists apply a combination of cytoreductive surgery (a method to remove a tumor), HIPEC – this treatment method prolongs life of patients with stages 3-4 up to 50% according to research presented at the 2018 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium in San Francisco.
- Submit a request on our website, and obtain an individual cost for HIPEC treatment.
HIPEC or hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (“hot chemo”) is a treatment method to destroy malignant tumors during surgery. The option is applied for metastatic cancers (stomach, colon, rectal) in the abdomen.
A doctor fills the abdominal cavity with chemo drugs heated up to 40-42°C. The medicines circulate into the abdomen within 1.5 hours. During this period, the drugs affect the rest of the cancer cells and destroy them.
Hot chemotherapy allows delivering the high doses of drugs precisely to malignant cells without damaging healthy ones. The heated drugs almost do not penetrate the blood. That helps to reduce side effects.
What does HIPEC treatment cost depend on?
- Surgery cost. “Heated chemo” is performed 1 time during the surgery. That means surgery price affects HIPEC cost.
- Doctor’s experience. If a doctor has huge experience, academic degrees, his services can be more expensive.
- Country's price policy. Some countries provide low cost for HIPEC according to their price policy. For example, in India HIPEC surgery cost starts from $17,000 and in the USA – from $20,000 to $100,000. The quality of the chemo is at the same high level in both countries. Low costs in India are explained by general country's price policy.
- Hospital brand recognition. Several hospitals have their specific price lists and HIPEC cost varies depending on a hospital’s popularity and medical services it provides.
- Extra charges. Some German medical centers ask for prepayment but if a treatment occurs cheaper, a patient gets the rest of the money back. Additional services as transfer, language assistance, meals are paid separately.
What does HIPEC cost include?
- Surgery prices
- doctors’ fees
- hospital stay.
When is hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemo indicated?
- tumor removals (helps to reduce the risk of relapses)
- recurrent cancer
- large tumors in the abdomen.
HIPEC has almost no contraindications. Such a method is applied when other options have been ineffective.
What is the cheapest HIPEC treatment cost?
The cheapest HIPEC cost is in India – from $17,000 according to local medical centers’ data. Such a low cost is explained by the price policy of the country, where the population’s income is low as well. Concerning healthcare quality in India, it is at the highest level as in the USA or Germany.
HIPEC for colorectal cancer
After colorectal cancer surgery, specialists use HIPEC for stages 3-4. That helps to increase the survival rate and to make patients live longer. Such a method gave positive results in treatment of colon and rectal cancers.
How to get personalized HIPEC cost?
- Check and compare costs of HIPEC in the clinics listed below.
- Pick the most appropriate place for you.
- Submit a request on our website.
- Bookimed manager will contact you and help to book a medical center for HIPEC.
- Then you will receive a personal price from a chosen clinic.
- Bookimed will arrange your medical trip.
Bookimed services are FREE for patients.
How much does Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
27 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) cost is:
- The average cost is $33,200. The lowest price is $17,000 and the highest — $60,000.
2 days for arrangement
- HIPEC treatment cost at Sourasky starts from $45,000.
- Sourasky surgeons, trained in the best US medical centers, provide hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for stomach cancer patients with metastasis.
- Dr. Irina Stephansky, the head of the Oncology Department at Sourasky, specializes in gastric cancer therapy. Dr. Stephansky has passed trainings and internships in world-class clinics of the USA and Germany.
- Get your price for HIPEC by submitting a request to Bookimed manager.
4 days for arrangement
- In Medipol Mega University Hospital, the price for HIPEC starts from $30,000.
- Medipol is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), as an academic medical center. Only top clinics get this accreditation.
- The hospital provides innovative technologies to treat stomach cancer, for example, TrueBeam linear accelerator for radiotherapy – it precisely affects a tumor without damaging healthy tissues.
- Ask Bookimed manager about the price for HIPEC – submit a request on our website.
2 days for arrangement
- HIPEC treatment cost in Assuta starts from $40,000.
- Doctors apply HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) to treat stomach cancer. During the procedure, physicians put a chemotherapeutic agent, heated up to 42°С, in the abdominal area through small incision. In 1.5 hours it eliminates metastases. HIPEC has less side effects and does not influence the body as conventional chemotherapy does.
- Assuta is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), an organization evaluating the quality of medical facilities worldwide.
4 days for arrangement
- Starting price for HIPEC in LIV Hospital is from $22,000.
- In LIV Hospital, over 12,000 surgeries are performed every year.
- The hospital has JCI and TÜV SÜD certificates for high-quality health care. These estimates show the health care quality in medical facilities worldwide.
- Physicians apply HIPEC therapy to treat stomach cancer patients with metastasis. Heated (up to 40-42°C) chemo agents are placed into the stomach for 1.5 hours to destroy cancer cells and minimize an influence on healthy tissues.
- According to LIV Hospital data, 94% is a survival rate for stomach cancer patients after surgeries (average index in Turkey – 89%).
- Submit a request to Bookimed manager and receive a personalized cost for HIPEC.
- In Global Hospital HIPEC treatment cost is $17,000.
- Doctors at Global Hospital in Mumbai apply HIPEC in combination with cytoreductive surgery. After stomach cancer surgery, HIPEC helps specialists to reach diseased places where conventional chemotherapy is helpless. 70-90% are the survival rates after HIPEC and 30% is a survival rate after conventional chemotherapy.
- Specialists in the Gastrointestinal Surgery Department have over 10 years of experience in robotic and laparoscopic surgeries (operations through small incisions)
- The hospital has NABL (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) and NABH (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) certificates for high quality of medical services and treatment options.
- Submit a request on Bookimed website and get your individual cost for HIPEC.
6 days for arrangement
HIPEC procedure in Asklepios Clinic is performed in the Oncological Department.
Oncosurgeons carry out the operation using 'hot' chemo. When the tumor is removed, physicians administer special medication in the abdominal area. In 1.5 hours chemo destroys the rest of malignant cells. That said, healthy tissues are not affected.
Asklepios specialists utilize HIPEC methodic to treat cancer of the gastrointestinal tract and urinosexual system internals.
3 days for arrangement
Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) is conducted in Nordwest Clinic in the Oncology Department.
The procedure is performed by oncosurgeons. After the most part of the tumor is removed, heated medicine solution is delivered to the abdominal area. HIPEC therapy lasts for 1-2 hours. A patient stays under the general anesthesia and doesn’t feel anything.
HIPEC chemotherapy is done in the Oncological Department.
The procedure is performed simultaneously with tumor removal operation. A doctor fills the abdominal area with warm fluid. It reduces the size of metastases and increases treatment efficiency.
The duration of the procedure is 1-1.5 hours. Chemo-medicine eradicates malignant cells. Healthy cells remain undamaged.
Helios Krefeld Hospital is a multidisciplinary center in Germany, one of the most modern facilities in Europe. Since 2015 to 2017, it took the leading positions among top hospitals of Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking.
Specialties of the hospital are surgery, oncology, heart surgery, orthopedics. Over 57,500 patients choose Helios Krefeld for treatment. According to the anonymous survey, 95% of patients are satisfied with the diagnostics and treatment.
- Each year Severance accepts 660,000 patients for treatment.
- Surgical oncologists perform HIPEC for metastatic gastrointestinal cancer therapy. It helps to concentrate high-dose chemotherapy in the abdomen and minimizes the rest of the body exposure to chemotherapy. It does not provoke side effects.
- Submit a request on our website and get an individual HIPEC treatment cost at Severance.
Klinikum Bremen-Ost is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Bremen. The hospital is a part of the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen network of hospitals. Bremen-Ost Hospital specializes in lung surgery, neurology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry.
Bremen-Ost is among best German medical facilities in 2015-2016 according to the rating of Focus magazine. The rating includes hospitals with positive patients’ feedback and high treatment success rates.
Every year Bremen-Ost receives 19,000 patients for treatment.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
5 days for arrangement
- The cost for HIPEC treatment in Global Hospital Chennai starts from $17,000.
- Specialists provide HIPEC for stomach cancer patients with 3-4 stages. For traditional chemotherapy, the survival rate is hardly 30%, but for HIPEC it’s up to 70-90%.
- The hospital use only advanced treatment devices such as TrueBeam STx, a linear accelerator for accurate tumors irradiation. It’s used for hard-to-reach tumors.
- Submit a request on Bookimed website to know more about HIPEC treatment cost.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
5 days for arrangement
HIPEC procedure in BLK Super Specialty Hospital is performed in the Oncology Department.
Oncosurgeons execute HIPEC-therapy or 'hot' chemo. During the tumor removal operation, they inject special solvent in the patient’s abdominal area. It eradicates cancerous cells but doesn’t harm healthy ones.
The procedure takes no less than an hour to complete. A patient is administered general anesthesia before the process.