Anadolu Medical Center
Anadolu Oncology Department aims to ensure a patient the best medical services combined with individual approach of “Patient Oriented Centered Care”. The Department uses the latest generation equipment such as Cyberknife, Da Vinci Robotic System, Truebeam. Working as affiliated partner of Johns Hopkins Medicine, Anadolu provides the US quality of services at affordable prices.
The oncology department of the State Sourasky Medical Center is the most demanding for the foreign patients. They choose State Sourasky Medical Center as the single point of the the best doctors, new equipment and affordable prices on melanoma treatment.
Melanoma diagnostics at State Sourasky Medical Center takes 3 to 4 days. It is necessary to revise the biopsy, BRAF mutation and PET CT diagnostics to define the treatment methods.
The treatment methods are:
- Stereotactic body radiation by Gamma Knife;
- Сhemotherapy and immunotherapy;
- Innovative method of targeted therapy and biochemotherapy;
- TIL protocole.
The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center starts from $1950. The medical center offers melanoma treatments from $9700 to $18100. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 82 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Belarus and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the melanoma treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Pyxis Medication Management System. Medipol is one out of 4 medical centers in Turkey where this automated system is applied. Pyxis controls the medicines taking. It provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in a appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is a malignant disease that develops from melanocytes (pigment cells) and can occur in every part of the body. Particular danger of melanoma consists in quick metastasizing.
Melanoma development process is still unclear but specialists underline such risk factors as inherited predisposition, UV radiation and nevus injury.
Types of melanoma
Oncologists classify melanoma according to the level of its invasion (Clark’s scale), thickness (Breslow’s scale), appearance and development scheme.
According to cell types melanoma is divided into:
- superficial melanoma;
- nodular melanoma;
- lentigo melanoma;
- acral lentiginous melanoma;
- spindle cell melanoma.
Symptoms of melanoma
Early stages of melanoma are often asymptomatic. A patient can notice development of a new nevus or change of existing nevus (redness, increase). Later stages comprise weight loss, weakness, increase of lymph nodes, etc.
Complex diagnostics of melanoma includes investigation of the patient’s past medical history, examination of suspicious nevus with dermatoscope and of adjusting lymph nodes. Cancer-specific markers blood test and biopsy can be provided for specification of malignant nature of the disease. If a patient refers to a doctor at later stages comprising metastases, CT, PET-CT or MRI are provided to determine the scope and location of metastases.
Treatment of melanoma at each stage
Medical specialists develop individual program for each case considering general health condition of a patient and specifics of the disease.
Stage 0 involves surgical removal of a tumor. If surgery cannot be performed, topical therapy is applied.
Stage 1 melanoma treatment includes surgical excision of affected nevus with surrounding skin tissues.
For stage 2 melanoma treatment doctors provide expanded tumor excision with biopsy of signal lymph node. Some patients receive interferon alpha as adjuvant drug.
Stage 3 melanoma treatment comprises removal of both tumor and signal lymph node and tumor masses combined with chemo-, beam or combined therapy.
For stage 4 melanoma treatment doctors apply immune, targeted and chemotherapy. Metastases are removed surgically or by using radiotherapy or medication.
Melanoma treatment cost
Melanoma treatment cost depends on many factors:
- melanoma type;
- size of tumor;
- metastases in organism;
- necessary diagnostic procedures;
- treatment method;
- price policy of the hospital in the particular country.
Each melanoma patient receives individual diagnostic and treatment program comprising all these factors.
How much does melanoma treatment cost ?
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $30000|
|Targeted therapy||$1200 - $9000|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$1200 - $6000|
|Mohs microsurgery||$4500 - $9450|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|CT (computer tomography)||$160 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of melanoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final melanoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
119 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate melanoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $230. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of melanoma diagnostics is $2000. The lowest price is $1950 and the highest — $2100.
- The average treatment price is $13500. The lowest price is $9700 and the highest — $18100.
The Oncology Department of Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) cooperates with the Sloane-Kettering Memorial Sluggish Center in the USA. Specialists provide treatment of malignant tumors of the mammary gland, organs of the gastrointestinal tract, brain, and spinal cord. The Department includes a unit of medical oncology, radiotherapy and radiosurgery, hematology. Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used to detect tumors and metastases. Cancer treatment is carried out according to the European protocols. The Clinic uses Da Vinci surgical robot, the innovative Novalis radiotherapy system to remove a tumor without surgery, the SIRT procedure for the treatment of liver cancer.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
- Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating. It means that the hospital complies with the strict quality demands and provides foreign patients with advanced treatment. It makes Asklepios Barmbek one of the best German clinics for cancer therapy.
- 16,000 patients prefer this German center to treat oncology. It is equipped with the latest technologies; doctors have over 15-20 years of experience in cancer treatment.
- It is certified by German Cancer Society. That means you have access to the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Oncology types treated at Asklepios Barmbek: liver, lung, stomach, pancreas, esophagus, colorectal, kidney, prostate, testicular, bladder, breast cancer, uterine and ovarian cancers; leukemia, plasmacytoma.
- 90% of patients recover after treatment of cancer stage 1 at Assuta according to the hospital data.
- Accuracy of diagnostics at Assuta is 100% according to the hospital report.
- Assuta Medical Center is entitled as “the most technically advanced medical institution in the Middle East”. The medical equipment here is renovated annually. That is why the latest technologies are available at Assuta.
The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center ranges from $1950 to $2100. The medical center offers melanoma treatments from $10000 to $16000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.7 according to 28 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the melanoma treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
LIV Cancer Center is the latest generation medical center certified by JCI and ISO (“golden standards of quality in medicine”). The Center provides innovative approaches in the treatment of cancer patients (“Smart Medicine”) that increases the patient’s chances of success. LIV specialists also apply “Cold Cap Therapy” to minimize hair loss during chemotherapy.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
Fuda Hospital is a world-renown cancer hospital located in Guangzhou, China.
Fuda Cancer Hospital treats oncology at any stage, including advanced cancer. Over 10 types of minimally invasive therapies are applied instead of chemotherapy. Among them are cryosurgery, NanoKnife, vascular interventional therapy, microwave hyperthermia treatment, etc.
Fuda doctors have achieved the most significant results in cancer treatment in the late stages.
The quality of Fuda medical services is confirmed by JCI (Joint Commission International), the global standard in healthcare.
Over 30,000 patients from over 100 countries have chosen Fuda to treat cancer.
Global Hospital Mumbai
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
- European Institute of Oncology is in the list of Top 6 best cancer centers in the world according to the Hospital Benchmarking Award.
- The hospital is in the list of the best medical facilities for medical tourism in the world according to MTJ (International Medical Travel Journal). 100,000 patients annually.
- The center is certified by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- The institute is a leader in Europe regarding the number of performed HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound) procedures. It destroys a tumor with ultrasound without causing much side effects.
- The hospital is awarded by OECI (Organisation of the European Cancer Institutes) for development and application of innovative cancer treatment options.
Rambam Oncology Institute is accredited by ESMO (European Society for Clinical Oncology) and provides integrated treatment and clinical studies for melanoma patients. The Institute conducts researches of new medicines and biological treatments as well as experimental radiotherapy using protocols of EORTC (European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer).
- 83% of women with urogenital tumors after treatment at Hadassah preserve urinating function and ability to have children.
- 85% of patients, who were prescribed to remove an affected organ in other hospitals, preserve it during treatment at Hadassah.
- In 34% of patients, who appealed to the hospital, were wrong diagnosed at other medical centers.
- 40,500 patients are treated in Hadassah Oncology Department.
Oncological Department at Quiron Barcelona is more than just a division of the clinic. This Department is honorary titled as the Baselga Insitute of Oncology. It was named after its founder, a world’s recognized oncologist Professor Jose Baselga. The prior specialization of Dr. Baselga is breast cancer. Annually, more than 3,000 patients get treatment and over 20,000 receive consultations at the Institute. Various scientific researches are conducted on the basis of the Clinic, which allows to develop new treatment methods and urgently implement them into practice.
Quiron Barcelona Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach and the latest equipment. It gives an opportunity to exclude inaccuracies during diagnostics and increase the treatment effectiveness.
Schneider Center for Children Medicine
Schneider Children's Medical Center it is international medical center in Petah-Tikva, which takes children with any disease and health problems. It is a leader in variety of medical directions. Owing to highly qualified personal, who surround the care of young patients and carry through maximum effective treatment, reviews of this clinic are full of sincere gratitude.
Rabin Medical Center
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.