Anadolu Oncology Department aims to ensure a patient the best medical services combined with individual approach of “Patient Oriented Centered Care”. The Department uses the latest generation equipment such as Cyberknife, Da Vinci Robotic System, Truebeam. Working as affiliated partner of Johns Hopkins Medicine, Anadolu provides the US quality of services at affordable prices.
The medical center offers melanoma treatments from $8000 to $15000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 134 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the melanoma treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
The oncology department of the State Sourasky Medical Center is the most demanding for the foreign patients. They choose State Sourasky Medical Center as the single point of the the best doctors, new equipment and affordable prices on melanoma treatment.
Melanoma diagnostics at State Sourasky Medical Center takes 3 to 4 days. It is necessary to revise the biopsy, BRAF mutation and PET CT diagnostics to define the treatment methods.
The treatment methods are:
- Stereotactic body radiation by Gamma Knife;
- Сhemotherapy and immunotherapy;
- Innovative method of targeted therapy and biochemotherapy;
- TIL protocole.
The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center starts from $1950. The medical center offers melanoma treatments from $9700 to $18100. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 89 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Belarus and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the melanoma treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
The Oncology Department of Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) cooperates with the Sloane-Kettering Memorial Sluggish Center in the USA. Specialists provide treatment of malignant tumors of the mammary gland, organs of the gastrointestinal tract, brain, and spinal cord. The Department includes a unit of medical oncology, radiotherapy and radiosurgery, hematology. Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used to detect tumors and metastases. Cancer treatment is carried out according to the European protocols. The Clinic uses Da Vinci surgical robot, the innovative Novalis radiotherapy system to remove a tumor without surgery, the SIRT procedure for the treatment of liver cancer.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Pyxis Medication Management System. Medipol is one out of 4 medical centers in Turkey where this automated system is applied. Pyxis controls the medicines taking. It provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in a appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
LIV Cancer Center is the latest generation medical center certified by JCI and ISO (“golden standards of quality in medicine”). The Center provides innovative approaches in the treatment of cancer patients (“Smart Medicine”) that increases the patient’s chances of success. LIV specialists also apply “Cold Cap Therapy” to minimize hair loss during chemotherapy.
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is a malignant disease that develops from melanocytes (pigment cells) and can occur in every part of the body. Particular danger of melanoma consists in quick metastasizing.
Melanoma development process is still unclear but specialists underline such risk factors as inherited predisposition, UV radiation and nevus injury.
Types of melanoma
Oncologists classify melanoma according to the level of its invasion (Clark’s scale), thickness (Breslow’s scale), appearance and development scheme.
According to cell types melanoma is divided into:
- superficial melanoma;
- nodular melanoma;
- lentigo melanoma;
- acral lentiginous melanoma;
- spindle cell melanoma.
Symptoms of melanoma
Early stages of melanoma are often asymptomatic. A patient can notice development of a new nevus or change of existing nevus (redness, increase). Later stages comprise weight loss, weakness, increase of lymph nodes, etc.
Complex diagnostics of melanoma includes investigation of the patient’s past medical history, examination of suspicious nevus with dermatoscope and of adjusting lymph nodes. Cancer-specific markers blood test and biopsy can be provided for specification of malignant nature of the disease. If a patient refers to a doctor at later stages comprising metastases, CT, PET-CT or MRI are provided to determine the scope and location of metastases.
Treatment of melanoma at each stage
Medical specialists develop individual program for each case considering general health condition of a patient and specifics of the disease.
Stage 0 involves surgical removal of a tumor. If surgery cannot be performed, topical therapy is applied.
Stage 1 melanoma treatment includes surgical excision of affected nevus with surrounding skin tissues.
For stage 2 melanoma treatment doctors provide expanded tumor excision with biopsy of signal lymph node. Some patients receive interferon alpha as adjuvant drug.
Stage 3 melanoma treatment comprises removal of both tumor and signal lymph node and tumor masses combined with chemo-, beam or combined therapy.
For stage 4 melanoma treatment doctors apply immune, targeted and chemotherapy. Metastases are removed surgically or by using radiotherapy or medication.
Melanoma treatment cost
Melanoma treatment cost depends on many factors:
- melanoma type;
- size of tumor;
- metastases in organism;
- necessary diagnostic procedures;
- treatment method;
- price policy of the hospital in the particular country.
Each melanoma patient receives individual diagnostic and treatment program comprising all these factors.
How much does melanoma treatment cost ?
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3150 - $30000|
|Targeted therapy||$1200 - $9050|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$2000 - $6000|
|Mohs microsurgery||$4500 - $9450|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4100|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
|CT (computer tomography)||$160 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of melanoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final melanoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
120 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate melanoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $230. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of melanoma diagnostics is $1700. The lowest price is $730 and the highest — $2100.
- The average treatment price is $11000. The lowest price is $4850 and the highest — $18100.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
- Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating. It means that the hospital complies with the strict quality demands and provides foreign patients with advanced treatment. It makes Asklepios Barmbek one of the best German clinics for cancer therapy.
- 16,000 patients prefer this German center to treat oncology. It is equipped with the latest technologies; doctors have over 15-20 years of experience in cancer treatment.
- It is certified by German Cancer Society. That means you have access to the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Oncology types treated at Asklepios Barmbek: liver, lung, stomach, pancreas, esophagus, colorectal, kidney, prostate, testicular, bladder, breast cancer, uterine and ovarian cancers; leukemia, plasmacytoma.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in Top German hospitals rating 2018 composed by the Focus magazine. It means that the hospital complies with strict treatment demands, and its therapies show the highest efficiency rate.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Helios according to anonymous survey among them.
- Helios Berlin Buch doctors lead the clinical trials of new treatment methods regarding cancer cure in Germany. If you would like and in case you correspond requirements, you can participate in the experiment and try the latest developments.
The Department of Oncology at the Appollo Clinic (Delhi, India) specializes in the treatment of malignant diseases of the prostate, bones, intestines, and liver. < p>
Doctors perform a biopsy to diagnose cancer (blood test). Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) determines the location of tumors.
The surgeries are performed with a low-injury method - Da Vinci robotic system. Doctors apply a high-precision TomoTherapy system to irradiate tumors. Patients with inoperable neoplasms are prescribed radiotherapy on the Cyber-Knife apparatus. When removing hard-to-reach brain tumors, fluorescent imaging is used. The technique makes it possible to distinguish malignant neoplasm from healthy tissues.
92% of fluorescent operations are successful.
Gesundheit Nord Bremen (Nord Klinik Allianz) is the largest medical, research and scientifical healthcare group in northern Germany. It comprises 4 hospitals located in Bremen. Klinikum Bremen Mitte is accredited by German Cancer Society and provides the most advanced diagnostic and treatment methods such as autoimmune stem cells therapy, targeted therapy, in vitro chemotherapy etc.
The medical center offers melanoma treatments from $4850 to $5050. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.2 according to 22 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the melanoma treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
- Cancer treatment according to the strict international protocols. According to Medicana information, it is a main center for cancer treatment in Turkey.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of American Society of Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standard of treatment reaching the American medicine level.