The price of colectomy (colon cancer surgery) ranges from $15,000 to $22,000. The best centers to perform colectomy for colon cancer are listed below. The rating is based on Bookimed medical doctors’ expert opinion and patients’ reviews.
The colon cancer surgery cost depends on methods, doctor’s experience, hospital, and period of hospitalization. For instance, in Israel cost starts from $15,000 and in the USA from $20,000. In spite of lower prices, Israeli healthcare level is as best as American.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get your personal cost of colon resection surgery.
3 days for arrangement
- At Anadolu, colon cancer surgery cost starts from $16,000.
- Professor Metin Çakmakçı is a leading expert in oncological surgery. Dr. Çakmakçı conductlaparoscopic colectomy for patients with colon cancer.
- Specialists from the General Surgery Department provide minimally invasive techniques for colon tumor removal. They apply laparoscopic colectomy, which provides faster recovery, less scarring, and avoid postoperative complications.
- Anadolu cooperates with Johns Hopkins Medicine Center, famous American medical center. It helps to provide the latest treatments after discussions with American colleagues.
Submit a request to Bookimed coordinator and get a personal cost of large bowel resection.
2 days for arrangement
- Colectomy cost at Sourasky (Ichilov) ranges from $15,000 to $24,000.
- The medical team applies minimally invasive large bowel resections (laparoscopic) to remove malignant tumors. This technique helps to speed up recovery, reduce pain and postoperative complications.
- 98% is a success rate for surgeries in Sourasky Hospital.
- The hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International), a global organization evaluating the quality and safety of medical service.
- Sourasky is in TOP 10 medical centers for international patients according to Newsweek magazine, an authoritative American edition.
Get a free consultation about the price for colon cancer surgery — ask Bookimed medical doctor.
- Bumrungrad is among Top 30 technically advanced medical facilities in Thailand according to international healthcare ratings.
- Doctor Theerapol Angkoolpakdeekul is a leading expert in laparoscopic colectomy, which is carried out through small incisions to treat colon cancer. Dr. Theerapol has conducted more than 500 successful surgeries using this technique.
- The hospital provides IBM Watson, an artificial intelligence device to make an individual treatment plan for a patient excluding medical errors.
- Bumrungrad is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and Global Healthcare Accreditation, authoritative organizations evaluating medical centers worldwide.
89% is a 5-year survival rate for patients after colon cancer surgery according to cancer.net. Doctors often assign surgery for colon cancer patients alone or in combination with other therapies (chemo, radiation therapy, immune- or targeted therapies).
What factors affect colectomy cost
- Type of method. Specialists apply two types of colectomy: laparoscopic and open. According to online medical journal Jama Network, laparoscopic colectomy is safer and less traumatic than open one. It boosts recovery, reduces pain, and improves patient’s quality of life. Laparoscopic colectomy can be cheaper than open. It depends on tumor size and complexity of removal.
- Surgeon’s experience. A specialist who has academic degrees, huge experience, numerous achievements, and awards may ask for a higher fee.
- Country's price policy. Colon cancer surgery price depends on a country’s population income. For example, colectomy is cheaper in Israel — from $15,000 and more expensive in the USA — approx. $30,000. Healthcare quality in both countries is at the highest level as well.
- Hospital’s rating. The colon cancer surgery cost depends on how many certificates and awards the hospital has. Most clinics listed below have got JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation for the best healthcare services.
- Extra fees. Some German medical centers ask for prepayment, but if treatment cost occurs cheaper, they can give the rest of the money back.
How much does the cheapest colon cancer surgery cost?
The cheapest colectomy cost starts from $8,700. Turkey offers such a price in its medical centers. It is twice cheapest than in the USA, Germany, Israel, and Spain. Such cost is explained by country’s price policy and local population’s income.
How to choose a hospital to undergo colectomy?
To pick a medical center for colon cancer surgery, pay attention to the following factors:
- Hospital’s accreditation. Each medical center has multiple certificates, that means the hospital complies with international healthcare standards and provides high-quality medical services.
- Doctor’s experience. Pay attention to a doctor’s CV. Be sure he is an expert in colectomy and carried out lots of successful cases.
- Patient’s reviews. See an experience of people who have already undergone treatment in a hospital.
- Medical equipment. Only world-class medical centers provide advanced medical equipment as for example, the da Vinci robotic system, a device for minimally invasive surgeries.
Ask Bookimed manager about the colectomy cost — submit a request on our website and get a personal price in the shortest term.
How much does Colectomy (large bowel resection) cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the Colectomy (large bowel resection) individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final Colectomy (large bowel resection) cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
57 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate Colectomy (large bowel resection) cost is:
- The average cost is $16,400. The lowest price is $2,300 and the highest — $27,000.
- 80% is a success rate for laparoscopic colectomy according to the hospital’s data.
- Professor Antonio Lacy de Fortuny is a leading surgical oncologist who specializes in colon cancer. Prof. Lacy de Fortuny is a pioneer in minimally invasive techniques of colon cancer treatment. Dr. Lacy de Fortuny has performed over 1,000 laparoscopic surgeries. The doctor is a specialist in treating metastatic and hard-to-remove colon cancer.
- In combination with surgery, doctors at Quiron assign chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immune- and targeted therapies if required.
Submit a request to get large bowel resection cost from Bookimed medical doctor.
4 days for arrangement
- Doctors carry out partial and complete colectomy. Surgeons apply laparoscopic technique (operation through several incisions up to 2 cm) and open surgery.
- In LIV Hospital, specialists also provide the da Vinci robotic surgery to treat colon cancer — it is a safe operation through small incisions. It helps to avoid postoperative complications, risk of infection, and scars.
- Doctors assign Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) to remove microscopic parts of a tumor difficult to remove during the surgery.
- Doctors offer a multidisciplinary approach for each patient to make more accurate individual treatment plan.
Get a free consultation about the cost of colon resection surgery from Bookimed manager.
The colectomy (colon resection) at Teknon is performed in the General and Abdominal Surgery Department. Doctors carry out laparoscopic removal of various parts of the colon (through several incisions in the abdomen up to 2 cm in size) and open operations through 1 incision 15-20 cm in size.
The duration of the surgery depends on the access type and removed tissue volume. The surgical intervention takes up to 5 hours. A patient stays under general anesthesia.
When the colon resection procedure is over, a patient is placed in the Intensive Care Unit. If there are no complications, a patient is moved to the regular ward. The hospitalization after surgery is 7-10 days.
The cost of colon resection surgery varies depending on the disease stage. The colon cancer surgery cost may be higher due to the complexity of surgical intervention.
6 days for arrangement
- The cost of colon resection surgery at Asklepios starts from $22,000.
- Doctors perform a colectomy for colon cancer. A physician assigns laparoscopic or open colectomy according to the patient’s individual case.
- Professor Karl Oldhafer is a leading surgical oncologist at Asklepios Barmbek. Prof. Oldhafer apply minimally invasive technique as laparoscopic colectomy to remove colon tumor.
- After diagnostics, an interdisciplinary medical team discusses what therapies are more appropriate for a patient. They may prescribe chemo- and radiation therapies if required. Immune- and targeted therapies are effective methods to destroy cancer cells not affecting healthy organs.
- Asklepios is among Top 100 hospitals for the highest healthcare level according to the Focus magazine, a popular German edition about medicine.
- The hospital is certified by the German Cancer Society, an authoritative organization promoting the development of oncological healthcare.
- World-class surgical oncologists in the fields of general, robotic and minimally invasive surgeries conduct colectomy at Severance.
- Doctors apply laparoscopic colectomy to remove a tumor through 4-5 small incisions. After the procedure, a patient recovers quickly with a minimum amount of injury. Open surgical intervention is performed only in case of a severe tumor, spreading to healthy tissues and organs.
- The colectomy cost depends on the method and complexity of the surgery. The price includes partial or complete colectomy, medications, and hospital stay.
Calculate your colectomy cost with Bookimed medical coordinator.
4 days for arrangement
- Starting price of colon resection surgery at Rambam is $16,000.
- Surgical oncologists carry out laparoscopic colectomy to treat colon cancer with minimal injuries and postoperative complications.
- Israeli Ministry of Health has included Rambam Medical Center into TOP 3 medical facilities in Israel.
- Over 800,000 patients visit Rambam for treatment annually.
Get a personal cost of large bowel resection from Bookimed manager.
The colon resection at Global is carried out by a team of doctors from the Oncology, Minimally-invasive, and Gastroenterology Surgery Department.
A partial and complete colectomies are conducted here. In most cases, doctor apply laparoscopic resection (through 2 cm 4-5 punctures in the abdomen) or open surgical intervention (through 20 cm incision).
The duration of surgery depends on the chosen technique. On average, it takes 3-5 hours. A patients stays in the Intensive Care Unit for 2-3 days. The general duration of a hospital stay is up to 10 days.
The colectomy cost includes operation, medical supplies, hospitalization.
Solingen Municipal Hospital/Academic Hospital of the University of Cologne is among top clinics in Germany according to Focus magazine - one of the most widely circulated German editions. Städtisches Klinikum Solingen is a certified medical institution treating over 60,000 patients per year.
3 days for arrangement
Nordwest Krankenhaus is a multi specialized medical institution, a leading hospital in Germany due to development of innovations, such as 3D ultrasound, anticancer vaccines in targeted therapy. It comprises 5 research institutes and 11 specialized centers.
5 days for arrangement
- Colectomy cost at Bremen-Mitte starts from $17,000.
- Doctor Hüseyin Bektas is a world-class surgical oncologist in a field of colon cancer. Dr. Bektas performs colon cancer surgery using laparoscopic techniques. That means faster recovery and less post-surgical complications.
- Specialists conduct laparoscopic (minimally invasive technique) and open colectomy to remove a tumor. Laparoscopic colectomy is safer than open colectomy — the procedure provides less scarring, reduces pain, and makes patient recover faster.
- Besides, doctors prescribe chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy (if a patient requires).
- At Bremen-Mitte, specialists use the da Vinci Robotic System to remove a tumor (if required) through small incisions. The procedure helps to avoid scars, reduce pain and other complications.
Helios Berlin-Buch is the largest and modern hospital in the capital of Germany.
It is included in the best German centers list in 2018 according to the Focus magazine ranking.
94% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch for diagnostics and treatment.
Key specialties of the hospital are oncology and surgical oncology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obesity treatment.
2 days for arrangement
Assuta Hospital is the largest clinic of private ownership in Israel. It develops a lot of medical directions and is highly specialized in surgery, IVF, cardiology (the use of VenaSeal, Cryo and MICRA and other innovative techniques) and oncology. The main distinguishing feature of this medical institution is a high level of attentiveness to the patient’s needs. The option of a surgical operation, an attending physician and a type of the room is not the complete list of things left up to the choice of the patient.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
Sachsenhausen Hospital was founded as the 1st medical institution for diabetes treatment. Since 1995 the Clinic has been leading hospital in Europe in bariatric surgery. Doctors of the Hospital are among the best specialists in Germany. They provide minimally invasive treatment in 90% of all cases. Centers of Sachsenhausen Hospital are among top medical facilities according to Focus Journal. It is the most authoritative medical magazine in Germany.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
The European Health Center Otwock (Europejskie Centrum Zdrowia Otwock) is Poland's first private hospital that specializes in oncology and cardiology. The Сlinic has the only one in the country Interdisciplinary Cardio-oncology Department for cancer treatment in patients with heart disease. The Otwock Health Center is located 25 km from the center of Warsaw.