Anadolu Medical Center is affiliated partner of Johns Hopkins Medicine, USA
Anadolu Oncology Department aims to ensure a patient the best medical services combined with individual approach of “Patient Oriented Centered Care”. The Department uses the latest generation equipment such as Cyberknife, Da Vinci Robotic System, Truebeam. Working as affiliated partner of Johns Hopkins Medicine, Anadolu provides the US quality of services at affordable prices.
Diagnostic procedures for melanoma patient include dermatoscopic examination and consultation with specialist. For later stages involving metastasizing MRI or PET-CT can be indicated to specify the location and spread of metastases.
|Consultation of an oncologist||140 - 200 $|
|Revision of melanoma biopsy||210 $|
|Extended analysis of blood|
|BRAF gene mutation||2000 - 2100 $|
Anadolu specialists develop individual treatment plan for each patient that may involve surgical removal of a tumor and neighboring lymph nodes and metastases using Da Vinci robotic system. Treatment at the later stages of melanoma also comprises radiation-, chemo- and immunotherapy.
Medical Park is the largest group of hospitals in Turkey
Medical Park hospitals group is top invested medical institution in Turkey. It has JCI certificate of quality and applies the latest technologies for skin cancer treatment (Gamma Knife radiosurgery, tomotherapy). Multi-disciplinary team uses a moto “Healthcare for all” to provide high-quality medical services with individual approach.
Diagnostic procedures for melanoma patient comprise consultation with specialist and dermatoscopic examination. Some cases may require MRI or PET-CT.
Medical Park specialists use surgical removal of tumor and lymph nodes (if needed) for early stages of melanoma. Surgical treatment also include plastic surgery to minimize visible effect of tumor removal and preserve patient's appearance.
Treatment at the later stages combines surgery with chemo- and/or radiation therapy.
LIV Medical Center is top Turkish hospital in cancer treatment
LIV Cancer Center is the latest generation medical center certified by JCI and ISO (“golden standards of quality in medicine”). The Center provides innovative approaches in the treatment of cancer patients (“Smart Medicine”) that increases the patient’s chances of success. LIV specialists also apply “Cold Cap Therapy” to minimize hair loss during chemotherapy.
To establish the correct diagnosis and stage the disease, LIV specialists provide a set of diagnostic procedures that comprise consultation with multi-specialty team and complete blood tests with dermatoscopy.
|Consultation of an oncologist||170 - 250 $|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test|
Symptoms of melanoma
Melanoma is a tumor that develops on the skin from the pigmented nevus. The disease begins to develop painless and does not attract the attention of the patient at its early stages. Only an experienced doctor may suspect developing the disease by the following symptoms of melanoma:
- Mole changes its size and continues to grow;
- Crust, harshness, density in nevus area;
- Mole changes its color or turns red and is inflamed;
- Focal pathologies are spread;
- Nevus is bleeding or ulcerating;
- Pain, itching or burning in the area of changed mole.
Melanoma diagnostics in Turkey
The early diagnostics results in malignant skin oncology arresting and suppression of the metastatic process, returning the patient to regular life with no recurrence of the disease. Diagnostic examinations include:
- Dermatoscopy, i.e. analysis of changed skin cells under a high-precision microscope;
- Histologic study after naevus removal within healthy tissues. If the cancerous cells are found, a radical surgery is performed.
- MRI and CT;
Peculiarities of melanoma treatment in Turkey
Experienced oncology specialists in Turkey quickly determine and identify the type and stage of melanoma, and prescribe an effective treatment.
Turkey has world-famous cancer centers, where minimally invasive surgical removal of melanoma by means of advanced surgical techniques are conducted, which is important for the effective treatment and cosmetic effect.
- After surgical removal of melanoma, Turkish chemotherapists фтв experts in the field of radiation therapy carry out the effective systemic treatment of metastatic process;
- Turkish cancer surgeons apply the Gamma-Knife and Da Vinci Robotic Systems during the minimally invasive surgeries;
- Up-to-date schemes of immunotherapy, when immune cells of the body destroy the tumor cells with particular drugs, are applied to stop the advance of the disease.
Melanoma treatment cost in Turkey
The achievements of the Turkish doctors in oncology treatment have the leading position in the world. At the same time, the prices in Turkey are relatively lower than for the medical care for the same pathologies in Europe and the United States. For this very reason Turkey is a reasonable option for patients from all over the world.
Melanoma treatment cost is individual for each patient and depends on the stage of disease, area and location of metastases, general health condition of a patient.
- Why is Medipol Hospital considered as the leading center in melanoma treatment?
- What are the methods of melanoma diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
- What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
- What are the melanoma treatment methods in Medipol Hospital?
Why is Medipol Hospital considered as the leading center in melanoma treatment?
Medipol Hospital includes the following Departments:
- Pediatric oncology;
- Nuclear medicine;
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation;
- Apheresis center and laboratoryoratories with a full set of tools.
The most effective and gentle treatment for melanoma is a method of internal irradiation of the tumor (SIRT) with intra-arterial injection technique of radioactive isotopes and their accumulation directly in the center of tumor, as well as ultrasound ablation HIFU and innovative methods of Cyber Knife and Gamma Knife. The entire treatment and diagnostics are controlled by the experienced world-known oncologists, among them is advanced dermatologist and skin oncologist of Medipol Clinic – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mustafa Özdemir Md.
What are the methods of melanoma diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
- Developed analyzes of blood;
- Chest X-ray;
- Bones scanning.
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
The cost starts from USD 2,400. The examinations differ according to the disease stage and patient's condition. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods in Medipol Hospital?
The doctors in Medipol Hospital use the methods of laser destruction, cryo- and phototherapy at the 1st stage of disease. Wide excision of the tumor biopsy and/or removal of the sentinel lymph node is also considered as the basic treatment for patients with melanoma of the 1st and 2nd stages.
The surgical treatment may alleviate symptoms and ensure local control for the patients with single or symptomatic brain metastases. But the stereotactic radiosurgery is more used in such cases (i.e. Cyber Knife and Gamma Knife).
The main treatment methods of the 3rd and 4th stages of melanoma are chemotherapy (monochemotheray and polychemotherapy) and targeted (molecularly oriented) biological therapy.
- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at Memorial Hospital
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Memorial Hospital
- The melanoma treatment methods at Memorial Hospital
Most of the cases of melanoma treatment at Memorial Hospital is held by surgery. The selection of method to treat the melanoma depends on the stage of disease, and is chosen for each patient individually. Whether the skin cancer is defined at the first stages – the success of the healing is high, i.e. about 95%.
The admission is held by the advanced professionals of the hospital, and the newest diagnostic equipment is used, while the modern laboratory tests are held. Our doctors do indeed a "jewelry" work using the cyber knife while treating the retinal melanoma.
What are the diagnostic methods of melanoma at Memorial Hospital?
- Physical examination;
- Chest X-ray;
- Abdominal ultrasound examination;
- Laboratory blood test;
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Memorial Hospital?
The total cost starts from 2,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at Memorial Hospital?
The following methods are used for melanoma treatment at Memorial Hospital:
- Surgery (excision of melanoma, sometimes the biopsy of the sentinel lymph nodes is held);
- Excisional biopsy (pathologic tissue site is cut off);
- Radiological therapy.
- Why is Acibadem Medical Center сonsidered as the leading center in melanoma treatment?
- What are the methods of melanoma diagnostics at Acibadem Medical Center?
- What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Acibadem Medical Center?
- What are the melanoma treatment methods at Acibadem Medical Center?
Why is Acibadem Medical Center сonsidered as the leading center in melanoma treatment?
Acibadem Medical Center is a modern diversified hospital specializing in intensive care and surgery. It includes 17 diversified hospitals and 13 health centers.
The well-known oncologists in Europe and Asia, Prof. Dr. Gül Başaran and Prof. Dr. Özlem Er, are the supervisors of melanoma treatment in the Hospital. Thousands of patients, especially from the high-temperature regions of Europe and Asia, choose Acibadem Medical Center due to high-quality services and reasonable prices.
What are the methods of melanoma diagnostics at Acibadem Medical Center?
The following procedures are used for melanoma diagnostics in Acibadem Hospital:
- A thorough physical examination;
- Intraoperative MRI 3 Tesla, PET-CT;
- Digital mammography with tomosynthesis;
- Instant Flash CT;
- Ultrasound examination of vessels;
- Blood test for tumor markers (specific tests of cancer activity of the body in general as well as specific organs and systems in particular);
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Acibadem Medical Center?
Total cost starts from USD 2,500. The examinations may be varied according to the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostics on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at Acibadem Medical Center?
While a patient has melanoma of the 1st stage, the doctors in Acibadem Hospital carry out the surgery and excision of the tissues surrounding the formation of a few centimeters away from the foci. This procedure is carried out by means of a special microscope that enables to control the condition of the tissues at different levels. While melanoma of the 1st stage the methods of laser destruction, cryo and photo therapy are used. At latter stages of the disease, when melanoma affects the deeper layers of the skin, there is a risk of metastases spread, in such cases, doctors are actively using immunotherapy, halting the growth of metastases with interferon-alpha and interleukin-2.