- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at State Sourasky Medical Center
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at State Sourasky Medical Center
- The melanoma treatment methods at State Sourasky Medical Center
Why is State Sourasky Medical Center the leading center in melanoma treatment?
The oncology department of the State Sourasky Medical Center is the most demanding for the foreign patients. They choose State Sourasky Medical Center as the single point of the the best doctors, new equipment and affordable prices on melanoma treatment. The operations on melanoma treatment are mostly held by oncologist Prof. Dr. Ilan Ron who has been practiced as the highest qualification doctor at Ichilov Hospital since 1994.
Melanoma diagnostics at State Sourasky Medical Center takes 3 to 4 days. It is necessary to revise the biopsy, BRAF mutation and PET CT diagnostics to define the treatment methods.
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at State Sourasky Medical Center?
The total cost of professional consulting and diagnostics varies from 2,900 to 4,500 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at State Sourasky Medical Center?
The treatment methods are:
- Stereotactic body radiation by Gamma Knife;
- Сhemotherapy and immunotherapy;
- Innovative method of targeted therapy and biochemotherapy;
- TIL protocole.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at Assuta Medical Center
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center
- The melanoma treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center
Assuta Medical Center is the leading private hospital in the very downtown of Tel Aviv. The oncological specialization of the hospital lies in the efficient melanoma treatment using brand new advanced medicine. Major operations on melanoma treatment are held by oncologist Prof. Dr. Jacob Schechter. The best methods of skin cancer diagnostics and treatment are developed under active pariticipation and supervision of Prof. Schechter, which provides the biggest chances for successful treatment results of the patients.
Melanoma diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center takes 4 days. It is necessary to revise the biopsy, BRAF mutation and PET CT diagnostics to define the treatment methods.
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Assuta Medical Center?
The total cost of professional consulting and diagnostics varies from 3,000 to 5,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the melanoma treatment methods at Assuta Medical Center?
The treatment methods are:
- Gamma Knife;
- Stereotactic body radiation;
- Сhemotherapy, immunotherapy;
- Innovative method of targeted therapy and biochemotherapy.
Treatment of skin cancer in Israel
Skin cancer is an oncological disease that may develop from different cell types, including epithelial cells. Epithelium is located on the skin and mucous membrane of all organs and systems. However, under the influence of carcinogenic factors, epithelial cells of older people mostly are transformed into cancer cells. But, despite of the high incidence of skin cancers, it is treated quite successfully due to new effective and attenuated methods. However, at the early stage it is necessary to carry out an accurate diagnostics and define the stage of disease and the type of skin cancer.
- Only you decide and choose a doctor for consultation;
- The effectiveness of skin cancer treatment is confirmed by a variety of positive reviews from patients and the continuing growth in popularity of the country for medical tourism;
- The cost of skin cancer treatment is lower than in Europe and the USA, and the effectiveness of the therapy and professionalism are among the highest in the world.
Causes of skin cancer
Histologists define several types of skin cancer:
- squamous cell skin carcinoma that develops from squamous cells of epithelium;
- basal cell carcinoma when basal cells are mutating;
- melanoma when the cells composing moles and naevi with melanin pigment are transforming.
Studies have shown that the cause of cancer is not fully studied yet genetic abnormalities in cells, the mutations that lead to the development of the cancer process under the carcinogen factors.
These factors include:
- papillomas and other benign skin changes (hyperkeratosis, moles, pigmented spots, keratoacanthomas);
- increased ultraviolet radiation;
- radiation injury;
- prolonged contact of even small doses of toxic, aggressive carcinogens with the skin;
- chronic dermatological diseases with ulceration.
Skin cancer at the early stages of the disease is asymptomatic. Therefore, oncologists around the world underline the importancу to be attentive with the condition of the skin and if any changes, immediately contact the person who will make the diagnosis for a number of characteristic symptoms:
- there is a change of various forms to 5 mm on the skin;
- at the early stages it does not differ from the color of the surrounding skin;
- abnormal area on the skin continues to grow and may reach several cm;
- papule inflames, it can be with ulceration and make the erosion.
In a case of undiagnosed skin cancer self-treatment is very dangerous. After applying the medication without consulting a dermatologist or oncologist, clinical picture changes and additional time and diagnostics will be required to make the diagnosis.
Skin cancer diagnostics in Israel
Examination of skin cancer in Israel begins with a consultation with a specialist on the first day of appeal to the clinic. If the patient have carried out the biopsy and takes the glasses with him/her, simultaneously with the consultation, inspection of the glasses takes place.
On the same day after inspection the specialist conducts:
- Dermatoscopy is a noninvasive method that allows doctor to assess the condition of the cells of both surface and bottom layers of the skin;
- Cytologic screening;
- Blood tests for tumor markers.
The diagnostics is based on the histopathological inspection of the material obtained by biopsy. If necessary, in the second or third day doctor examine the lymph nodes and internal organs to detect possible metastasis. In this case the diagnostic program includes the following researches:
- CT and PET-CT.
In total the diagnostic program takes 3-4 days.
Skin cancer like the other ones has staging. Stage determination is an important task of the diagnostic program for making an effective treatment regimen.
Stage 1 of skin cancer
The first stage of skin cancer: a tumor is up to 2 cm with no metastases. The chances of cure are very high.
The second stage of skin cancer: a tumor is up to 5 cm with no metastases. The chances of cure are high if there are timely diagnostics and highly-qualified cancer surgeons.
Stage 3 of oncology
Stage 4 of skin cancer
The third stage of skin cancer: a tumor is bigger than 5 cm, and/or has metastasis in regional lymph nodes. The chances of recovery depend on the cancer prevalence in the body and if there is a positive response to systemic methods of treatment .
The fourth stage of skin cancer: the size of a tumor size can be any, and metastases affect lymph nodes and organs. The chances of cure are medium or low, they depend on the general condition of the patient and the response to the treatment of organs and systems.
Methods of melanoma treatment in Israel
Israeli doctors make the treatment program for skin cancer only with effective achieving of cancer therapy, making the chances of a cure for cancer the highest. The treatment program is comprised based on the patient condition and tumor morphology. At the later stages of skin cancer it is possible to use the combined treatment methods.
The following therapies are applied:
- At the stages 1-2: surgical treatment of small cancers (excision, removal of the tumor is performed under general anesthesia with the use of the da Vinci robotic system); surgery can be performed during a biopsy procedure. At the same time the surgeon removes nearby tissues to prevent the possibility of leaving cancer cells. If there are the indications after examination, regional lymph nodes are removed.
- Cryotherapy in combination with a laser at the early stages of the disease is the destruction of the tumor by means of liquid nitrogen or laser.
- Later stages require systemic treatment methods for the ending of the spread of metastasis as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, biotherapy and targeted therapy.
Patient review on the treatment of skin cancer in Israel
The melanoma was found in Kharkiv (Ukraine) and in 5 days I had a surgery on a mole removal in Assuta Clinic (Israel). It is impossible to express what I felt when I arrived in Israel for treatment, because my daughter just reached a little more than two months of age. I was very scared and depressed. But I pulled it over thanks to the care and support of those who were involved in my treatment in Israel.
Thank to all the doctors who treated me: the oncologist Prof. Jacob Schachter, the surgeon Dr. Ehud Miller (who removed melanoma and moles all over my body), and the surgeon Prof. Mordehaj Gutman (who took a biopsy of axillary nodes). All these doctors are the specialists of the highest level. And of course all the equipment in Assuta
Hospital where I underwent the diagnostics and treatment was the most modern and accurate."
Rehabilitation and prevention of recurrence of skin cancer in Israel
The main method of preventing recurrence of skin cancer is monitoring by the specialists since the end of the therapy, systematic examinations and diagnostic tests, prevention of the contact with risk factors. Rehabilitation after treatment of skin cancer in Israel runs in a cozy environment equipped with modern wards and units of clinics. The climate of the country has a restorative effect on the body, and the rest can be combined with therapy.
Cost of melanoma treatment in Israel
- The cost of skin cancer treatment by means of the modern effective methods in Israel is more affordable than in Switzerland, the UK or the US.
- Prognosis for cure is very high, and today the treatment of skin cancer in Israel is one of the most effective options to receive highly professional medical care: from the examination and consultation to the rehabilitation.
- Prices for oncology treatment in Israel are regulated by national programs of the Ministry of Health.
|Melanoma surgery||from 3000 to 10000$||from 5000 to 15000€||from 5000 to 15000€||from 2000 to 7000$||from 3000 to 10000$|
- The diagnostic methods of melanoma at Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of melanoma diagnostics at Sheba
- The melanoma treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
- The results of melanoma treatment at Sheba
Why is Sheba Medical Center the leading center in melanoma treatment?
Ella Institute for the Treatment and Research of Melanoma and Skin at Sheba is one of the largest significant Israeli medical institutions. It co-works with the leading research centers and hospitals, focusing at the early diagnostics and treatment of cancer skin, incl. US National Institutes of Health and MD Anderson Oncologic Center. The professionalism and experience of the medical staff in skin cancer treatment of the center enables to manage the most complicated cases of malignant skin affections on metastases stage.
What doctors are the experts in melanoma treatment at Sheba Medical Center?
The leading professional of the Insitute for Dermatology Dr. Alon Scop is the world-known expert in skin cancer treatment. He was awarded the rare title of outstanding researcher in the field of dermoscopy of the famous international organization International Dermoscopy Society in 2009.
What are the diagnostic methods of melanoma at Sheba Medical Center?
The following procedures are included into melanoma diagnostics at Sheba hospital:
What is the cost of melanoma diagnostics at Sheba?
The total cost varies from 3,000 to 4,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
The following melanoma treatment methods are applied at Sheba Medical Center:
- Surgical removal of the tumor;
- Antitumor therapy by Interleukin 2;
- Chemotherapy along with the immunotherapy;
- Programs of clinical researches in skin cancer treatment;
- Antitumor therapy by Ipilimumab;
- Targeted cell therapy by TIL-cells;
- Symptomatic therapy to improve the quality of life of the patient.
What are the results of melanoma treatment at Sheba?
The survival rate of the patients after the treatment is 97% under diagnostics disease at the early stages.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.