The medical team was very helpful and supportive. Everything was organized in a timely and professional manner. We’re very thankful to Bookimed and Sourasky medical center!
Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov) in Tel Aviv
Sourasky (Ichilov) Medical Center is the largest multidisciplinary medical facility in Israel. Ichilov Hospital was ranked among Top 10 most popular clinics for medical tourists in the world, according to the Newsweek magazine rating.
The strongest specialties at Ichilov are Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, etc.
90% is the average success rate of oncology treatment. Sourasky doctors invent new treatment options, so the hospital has received numerous awards for scientific discoveries.
Over 400,000 patients receive treatment at Ichilov annually.
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Excellent care. It gave my mom the strength and positive attitude to fight cancer.
Thanks to Dmitry, because we closed our question through a Skype conference. Initially, we only needed a doctor’s consultation. As a result, we spoke precisely with the professor that we needed. And he answered all our questions.
Everything is fine, the doctors liked it. The consultations were successful.
We decided that we received enough information and that we no longer need consultations with other doctors
Thanks to the doctor, coordinator Alexander, quickly picked up the treatment, the clinic was satisfied with the qualifications of the staff and attention to the patient
Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv was established in 1961. It consists of specialized hospitals and departments — Lis Maternity and Women's Hospital, Dana Dwek Children's Hospital, Sammy Ofer Heart Institute, etc. Most of these divisions are named after patrons who developed Sourasky infrastructure.
Ichilov Hospital is located in 40 minutes by car from Ben Gurion Airport. The Mediterranean coast is located in 30 minutes on foot from Ichilov Clinic.
Sourasky Hospital territory
Advantages of Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv
- Top doctors. Sourasky medical specialists take part in the scientific research projects, cooperates with the leading national and international institutions and pharmaceutical companies to develop new treatments. 90% of Sourasky doctors practice in the top hospitals of Europe and North America.
- Cutting-edge equipment. Sourasky Hospital regularly updates medical equipment to achieve the highest accuracy and the best result of diagnostic and treatment.
- High cure rates. Sourasky has achieved one of the highest indexes in effective treatment worldwide. The average efficiency of cancer treatment is 90%, neurosurgeries — 98%.
- Reasonable prices. The Israeli Ministry of Health regulates the prices of medical services at Ichilov, so a patient won't overpay.
- Comfortable stay. Sourasky Hospital provides patients with comfortable stay. The wards are equipped with all modern amenities.
Awards of Sourasky Medical Center
Joint Commission International is a global organization that confirms quality and safety of medical services. Sourasky complies with 1,280 strict criteria out of 1,300.
The Newsweek magazine, an American prestigious edition, ranked Ichilov among Top 10 most popular hospitals in the world for medical tourism.
Oncology treatment in Ichilov Hospital
About 40,000 patients with cancer entrust their health to Sourasky doctors annually. The Oncology Department at Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv specializes in the cancer treatment of breast, prostate, gastrointestinal tract, lung, urogenital system, brain tumors, bones, etc.
➜ Foundation One CDx diagnostic test is available at Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv. This is an innovative test that detects 324 of genes that can cause the development of malignant solid tumors. The right determination of the cancer gene helps to choose the most effective treatment and increase recovery rate significantly. This test is available only in a few hospitals across the world.
Sourasky doctors have achieved excellent results in some types of cancer treatment at the late stages. Compare the success rates of metastatic cancer treatment at Ichilov below.
Success rates for metastatic cancer treatment at Ichilov
Success rates of metastatic cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital
90% is a success rate of prostate cancer treatment at the initial stages according to the Sourasky statistics.
Ichilov doctors apply such options to treat a malignant tumor in the prostate gland:
- Prostatectomy is a surgical removal of the prostate gland. It is performed laparoscopically or with the latest Da Vinci Si robot.
- Brachytherapy is an internal radiotherapy provided by 80-100 tiny seeds placing inside the prostate gland. A patient does not need admission and lives a usual life after the procedure. Its effectiveness is about 90%.
- HIFU is destruction of malignant cells with ultrasound waves heated up to 90°C. A 10-year survival rate is 92-99%.
- Xofigo Radium 223 is a new treatment option for prostate cancer with metastases in the bones. It is a radioactive drug injection administered intravenously. The agents penetrate into the bones and destroy cancer. This treatment option prolongs a patient's life for up to a decade even in case of prostate cancer stage 4.
Da Vinci surgery at Sourasky
Breast cancer treatment at Sourasky
90% is a success rate of metastatic breast cancer treatment, and 97% — at the initial stages according to the Sourasky statistics.
Sourasky doctors have over 30 years in breast cancer treatment. They apply innovative options to treat this type of oncology with a focus on the organ preservation therapies. The primary treatments for breast cancer are mastectomy (removal of the breast), chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy. For metastatic cancer, doctors apply a unique combination of chemo drugs achieving up to 90% success rate.
In case if mastectomy (partial or complete removal of the affected breast) is required, Ichilov doctors apply breast reconstruction involving oncoplasty. This is a therapeutic approach that combines oncologic surgery with plastic reconstruction.
Doctors perform breast reconstruction in such a way, that a woman does not feel a difference between own and reconstructed breast. The reconstruction is performed using an implant with own patient's tissues (without implants).
Gastrointestinal cancer treatment in Sourasky Hospital
70% is a success rate for colorectal cancer treatment according to the Ichilov Medical Center statistics.
Sourasky doctors specialize in the treatment of malignant tumors of the stomach, rectum, intestine, liver, gallbladder, etc.
- Stomach tumors are removed laparoscopically or using Da Vinci robotic system through small incisions up to 2 cm. During the intervention, doctors perform FROZEN test to make sure that all cancer cells have been removed. Chemo or/and radiotherapy is appointed before, after or instead of surgery. Therapy before an operation reduces a tumor size, and after it destroys cancer cells remained.
- Intestine tumors at the initial stages are removed with a low injury rate — through the anus. It allows avoiding skin incisions and preserving sphincter. Surgeons perform open and laparoscopic (through the punctures in the abdomen) operations to remove an affected part of the intestine.
Ichilov Oncology Department is equipped with the latest modification of the Novalis Truebeam STx linear accelerator. It precisely irradiates a neoplasm for 10 minutes. Chemotherapy drugs are prescribed individually, depending on a tumor type.
Sarcoma treatment in Sourasky Hospital
62% is a success rate of metastatic sarcoma treatment at Ichilov.
Prof. Ofer Merimsky, a leading sarcoma specialist in Israel, heads Sourasky Oncology Division. Children and adults with sarcoma receive treatment at Sourasky.
To establish the most accurate treatment plan, Sourasky doctors apply Foundation One CDx genetic testing of a tumor to determine what gene has caused sarcoma. Then, specialists will choose therapies effective in a particular case.
Sarcoma at Sourasky is treated using chemo-, radio-, immuno-, targeted therapies, surgery, cryosurgery (freezing of a tumor to destroy malignant cells, reduce its size and avoid relapse). After removal of bone sarcoma, doctors install an implant (if necessary). A special implant is used to regulate its size during the extremity growth for children.
During surgical removal sarcoma, doctors apply O-ARM 3D navigation system to monitor tumor location and find the most suitable access. It reduces operation time and pain after surgery.
Onco-Hematology in Sourasky Hospital
The Onco-Hematology Department provides treatment of leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, different types of anemia, and other blood diseases.
Ichilov doctors provide an accurate medical tests to establish the diagnosis and the most effective treatment plan. Among the medical tests are:
- complex blood test
- bone marrow aspiration
- genetic test of cancer mutations
- PET-CT, CT, and MRI.
Depending on the diagnosis, Sourasky doctors apply the following treatment options:
- immunotherapy — doctors carry out a Foundation One CDx to determine the most effective treatment type.
- bone marrow transplant (autologous and allogeneic) for children and adults.
- radiotherapy — the latest Novalis Truebeam STx linear accelerator is applied for the most precise irradiation.
Pediatric Oncology at Ichilov Medical Center
A specialized pediatric medical center, Dana Dwek Children's Hospital, works on Sourasky premises. It treats patients from the infant age to 18. The hospital specializes in the treatment of hematology and oncology in children.
3,500 patients every year, so specialists have great experience in cancer treatment and bone marrow transplant.
Dana Dwek Children's Hospital includes Hemato-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Department that accepts infants, children, and youth with malignant pathologies. Among them are anemia, thalassemia, bone marrow failure syndromes, acute and chronic leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, malignant tumors of the kidney, testicles, ovaries, adrenal glands, some other rare malignant diseases.
Dana Dwek Children's Hospital, Tel Aviv
Allogeneic (from a donor cells) and autologous (own cells) bone marrow transplants are performed for children. The procedure at Sourasky is conducted in the specially designed rooms to meet children's needs and to protect them from life-threatening infections.
The Department is certified by EBMT (the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation) that confirms high-quality of equipment, excellent service, and qualification of onco-hematologists.
Neurosurgery at Sourasky Medical Center
Ichilov Neurosurgery Department has been treating patients for over 50 years. The doctors specialize in brain tumors (benign and malignant) removal, spinal surgeries, pituitary tumor removal, treatment of cerebral aneurysms, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, hydrocephalus, etc.
2,500 neurosurgical operations are performed annually.
Sourasky doctors perform such types of neurosurgical operations:
- Awake craniotomy is a brain removal surgery when a patient is conscious. A patient repeats actions told by a doctor. This surgery type is performed for complex cases to avoid damage of the brain areas responsible for vital functions.
- Endoscopic operation — a brain tumor is removed through the nose, without incisions.
- Brain tumor catheterization. If a tumor is located near the blood vessels, and a risk of bleeding is high, doctors cover these vessels with special agents that block tumor supply.
- DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) for Parkinson's disease treatment. This is implantation of neurostimulator which sends impulses to the brain.
- Cranioplasty — correction of the skull defect after surgery. It restores the skull bone to protect the brain.
- Neuronavigation systems. These devices detect a tumor location precisely that allows removing them completely without damaging healthy nerves and vessels.
- 3D modeling of the brain. It allows creating a precise map of the brain to increase treatment effectiveness.
Neurosurgical operation at Sourasky
Rehabilitation at Sourasky
The Rehabilitation Hospital works on Ichilov premises. It provides a wide range of rehabilitation including:
- after amputation (preparing a patient for prosthesis installation)
- after spinal cord injuries
- neurological rehabilitation: after the stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, brain injuries or infections
- improving speech and swallowing defects
- rheumatological rehab for patients with inflammatory and degenerative diseases, arthritis
- rehabilitation of cancer patients
- movement disorders.
Services for international patients at Sourasky
- Free transfer from an airport to a hospital and back
- Free interpreter
- Accommodation in 1-bed or 2-bed standard wards
- The hospital is friendly to people with disabilities. It is equipped with voice panel for people with vision disorders, LoopHoor system for people with hearing problems.
The hospital is ready to study medical records in the following languages:
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7