Below are represented the centers where a PET-CT scan is available. PET-CT is an accurate test to detect malignant tumors, the tiniest metastasis, pathologies caused by cardiac or neurological disorders.
How to undergo a procedure and what is a PET-CT scan cost?
- Choose the most suitable country for you. While searching for a PET-CT center, pay attention to its location. In some cases, it is better to choose the nearest country to your own one to shorten a trip period and save money for the tickets.
- Identify a specialized hospital. If a PET-CT is prescribed to detect cancer or metastases choose a hospital with own cancer department or center. In such a way, you can be sure that your results will be considered by an experienced specialist and, if necessary, start a treatment right in the hospital immediately. In case of neurological or cardiac pathologies, search a center with a specialized neurology or cardiology department.
- PET-CT scan price. The cost of private PET-CT scan varies from country to country. For instance, the PET-CT price in Indian hospitals is one of the lowest — 20% cheaper than in Turkey, and 30-70% than in Europe, Korea, Israel or Thailand. The highest average cost of PET scan is in America.
Still, the quality of PET-CT devices is about at the same level. The different price policy is explained by the income of local citizens and the general economic level in a particular country.
Submit a request on Bookimed. After a request, our coordinator will contact you to answer all questions and schedule a time for a PET-CT scan in the chosen hospital. With Bookimed, you undergo a PET-CT scan in the shortest term — within 3-5 days.
Bookimed is an independent platform to search for the best treatment and diagnostics in the world’s top centers. We have already helped over 110,000 patients.
Bookimed services are free for a patient. You pay the PET-CT cost right in the hospital! Learn more about Bookimed here.
- Neolife Medical Center is a specialized hospital to diagnose and treat cancer. It means you will receive a qualified help in diagnosing and treatment of oncological pathologies.
- The hospital is accredited by ISO 9001-2008 (International Organization for Standardization) for the high level of medical standards that comply with the international demands.
- The International Department provides foreign patients with 24/7 assistance in issues regarding treatment, accommodation or communication.
- The PET scan for cancer cost is at the same level than in other Turkish hospitals.
- You will have PET-CT in the hospital included to the list of Top 10 world’s best centers for medical tourism. The rating is composed by Newsweek magazine, an authoritative American edition.
- 220,000 international patients prefer treating at Sourasky.
- Sourasky has advanced departments specialized in oncology, cardiac and neurological pathologies treatment.
- The PET-CT scan cost at Sourasky is 10% lower than in some European hospitals, 5% higher than in Turkish centers, and 20% than in Indian ones.
- Anadolu has received an accreditation from the Organization of European Cancer Institutes to apply the most effective cancer treatment options. Only 30 hospitals in the world have this prestigious accreditation.
- Anadolu renovates equipment and technologies regularly to apply only the latest ones. You can be sure that you’ll have the test on the most modern PET-CT device.
- The medical center cooperates with Johns Hopkins Hospital — top medical facility in America according to the U.S. News & World Report magazine. Anadolu has advanced cancer, cardiac, and neurological departments on its premises.
PET-CT scan price: what factors influence the cost
Patients often wonder “how much does a PET-CT cost?”, so Bookimed composed a list of criteria which influence the price:
- Country for a PET-CT scan. The PET-CT cost significantly depends on a country where a hospital is located. Important thing is that the low price does not affect the diagnostics quality in most of the cases. It is related with general price-policy in a particular country and local citizens’ income. The cheapest countries to have PET-CT are Turkey, India, Thailand, the middle-priced ones — Europe, Korea, Israel, and the high-priced — the USA, Canada, Australia.
- PET-CT scan clinic. It happens that the PET scan cost may vary in several hospitals within one country: services in private centers may be higher than in the state one.
- Area of a PET-CT scan. The full body PET scan cost is higher than a test of a particular body area — the brain or lung, for instance. Additional services. In some cases, the PET-CT scan cost already includes transfer or interpreter, so the price may be higher.
- Special offers. Some PET-CT centres offer special prices for Bookimed patients only. It significantly saves your budget up to 30-40%! Submit a request on Bookimed to know how much it costs to have a PET scan.
Submit a request on Bookimed to know how much it costs to have a PET scan.
- Asklepios Barmbek is recognized as one of the world 10 hospitals for medical tourism according to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- Asklepios Barmbek is among top German hospitals according to the Focus rating.
- The hospital is certified by German Cancer Society to confirm effectiveness in diagnostics (PET-CT, for instance) and treatment of cancer.
4 days for arrangement
At Medipol Mega Hastaneler Kompleksi nuclear medicine specialists use contemporary PET scanners in the Diagnostics Department. Such scanning allows diagnosing early stages of cancer, cardiovascular system disorders, and epilepsy centers.
Scanners utilized in Medipol Hospital use leading-edge software and hardware, allowing for highest possible image quality and smaller doses of radiation exposure. The results will be available within 24 hour period after the procedure.
PET-CT scan allows receiving big amounts of data about a patient in short terms, making it one of the most effective diagnostics procedures.
- Liv is a premium class medical center, so you will feel like on a 5-star hotel, not a hospital.
- The medical equipment is renovated here annually, so you can be sure that the latest PET-CT scan is used for diagnostics.
- 50,000 foreign patients entrust their health to Liv Hospital due to the doctors’ professionalism and compliance with the strict international standards.
Assuta Hospital is the largest clinic of private ownership in Israel. It develops a lot of medical directions and is highly specialized in surgery, IVF, cardiology (the use of VenaSeal, Cryo and MICRA and other innovative techniques) and oncology. The main distinguishing feature of this medical institution is a high level of attentiveness to the patient’s needs. The option of a surgical operation, an attending physician and a type of the room is not the complete list of things left up to the choice of the patient.
- The hospital is rated as one of the best medical facilities in Germany according to the Focus rating, an authoritative German edition. To compose a rating, the magazine took into account technical equipment of Helios Berlin-Buch, doctors’ qualification, and treatment success rates.
- 200,000 patients prefer the hospital for treatment.
- Helios Berlin-Buch has specialized oncology and cancer departments.
- The PET scan test cost at this German center is 50-70% lower than in American ones, but 20-40% higher than in Turkish or Indian hospitals.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
- The center is a partner of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York — one of the best medical institutions in the world. Such a cooperation guarantees a patient the use of the latest diagnostic and treatment devices, including PET-CT scan.
- 145,000 diagnostic procedures are carried out at Teknon annually.
- Teknon has specialized Oncology Institute and the Cardiology Department.
- Manipal Bangalore is NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare) accredited to confirm its high medical service level.
- Over 60 years of treatment experience.
- Manipal in Bangalore is among Top 10 multidisciplinary hospitals in India.
- One of the most technically advanced hospitals in India according to Manipal data.
- Manipal in Bangalore has GE 16-slice PET-CT scan. There are available PET-CT Bone scan, PET-CT Cardiac Viability, PET-CT FDG Brain, PET-CT Whole Body.
Helios Krefeld Hospital is a multidisciplinary center in Germany, one of the most modern facilities in Europe. Since 2015 to 2017, it took the leading positions among top hospitals of Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking.
Specialties of the hospital are surgery, oncology, heart surgery, orthopedics. Over 57,500 patients choose Helios Krefeld for treatment. According to the anonymous survey, 95% of patients are satisfied with the diagnostics and treatment.
5 days for arrangement
Kyung Hee University International Medical Services (KUIMS) was found in 2006. Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong is an accredited, multi-specialty, university hospital located in Seoul, Korea. KUIMS is equipped with 800 beds and has over 30 specialty centers. The Hospital offers diagnostic, therapeutic and intensive care facilities in a one-stop medical center. KUIMS serves over 14,000 international patients annually. English is widely spoken in the Hospital. The main goal of KUIMS is integrating of traditional Korean healthcare system around the world.
5 days for arrangement
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) cooperates with the University of Navarra and the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA). Navarra Hospital is represented by 35 medical units and 10 specialized multidisciplinary departments, each of which is equipped with cutting-edge technologies. The Clinic has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) since 2004 and accredited by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) as the Center of Excellence in the field of oncology and palliative therapy. Hospital de Navarra focuses on international patients providing them with all necessary assistance. Over 700,000 patients worldwide have already entrusted their health to this Clinic.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
- Bremen-Mitte Hospital is rated as one of the best German medical centers according to the Focus magazine assessments.
- 40,000 patients annually.
- Oncology, neurology, and cardiology departments work on Bremen-Mitte premises.
- Bremen-Mitte is certified by the German Cancer Society that ensures patients in high level of oncology treatment.
At Medicana Hospitals Group physicians perform PET-CT scanning to diagnose early-stage cancer and cardiovascular system diseases.
This contemporary diagnostic tool is often used by surgeons before especially complicated operations to increase the success rate of such interventions. Operations on heart is carried out with the help of positron emission tomography.
PET scan combines high speed of the procedure, low risks, and high efficiency compared to other diagnostics methods. The radiation exposure experienced during the scan is harmless if the previous exposure was more than 1 year ago.
3 days for arrangement
- Nordwest Center consists of 5 scientific-research institutes and 11 specialized centers.
- Heads of the hospital departments are among best doctors in Germany.
- 62,000 patients annually.
- Nordwest Cancer Center is certified by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) that confirms the effectiveness of cancer treatment.
Wiener Privatklinik is a private hospital in Austria. Prof. Rainer Kotz is the Medical Director of the Clinic. Wiener Privatklinik has the connection with some Nobel Prize winners. Among them Theodor Billroth, Robert Barany, Karl Landsteiner, Konrad Lorenz, Otto Loewi, Karl Ritter von Frisch. Sigmund Freud was practicing in the Clinic.
5 days for arrangement
Samsung Medical Center is a prominent multidisciplinary hospital in South Korea that has repetitively received many awards in customer satisfaction and services quality. It has a special status of “Hospital of presidential standards”. A part of Samsung Medical Complex, Comprehensive Cancer Center provides the most thorough treatment for cancer patients using state-of-the-art equipment: Novalis, IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), Da Vinci surgical system, etc.