Stomach cancer surgery or gastrectomy cost ranges from $15,000 to $20,000. Medical centers listed below provide this operation to treat stomach cancer for >T1N0 stages — when a tumor has grown in mucosal and submucosal layers and not spread to lymph nodes. The list of clinics is based on Bookimed patients' reviews.
Stomach cancer operation cost depends on a stage, surgical method, country, and hospital where a surgery is performed. For example, India and Turkey are 5 times cheaper than in the USA. In Turkey, the price ranges from $9,000 to $15,000 and in the US — approx. from $30,000.
Submit a request on Bookimed and get a personalized quote for stomach cancer surgery now.
- Price of gastrectomy in Anadolu Hospital starts from $15,000.
- At Anadolu Medical Center, stomach removal surgery for cancer is conducted in the General Surgery Department.
- The stomach cancer operation cost depends on a patient’s state and duration of hospital stay. In most cases, patients are dismissed from the hospital within 2-3 weeks after the surgery.
- Submit a request on our website to get your cost for gastric cancer surgery at Anadolu.
Anadolu Medical Center offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $15200 to $21000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 165 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Finland and Kyrgyzstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Stomach cancer surgery cost at Asklepios is starting from $26,000.
- Specialists of Asklepios are among best ones in Germany according to the Focus magazine.
- Doctors perform gastrectomy combined with chemo-, targeted therapies if necessary.
- Asklepios is among top 100 medical facilities according to the Focus Magazine.
- The hospital is no. 1 facility in the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $25300. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 62 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Hamburg, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Norway, Poland and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Stomach cancer surgery cost at Sourasky (Ichilov) Medical Center starts from $26,000.
- At Sourasky, specialists provide gastrectomy for stomach cancer early stages. The Surgical Oncology Department collaborates with physicians from other departments to provide the most intensive care.
- Price of stomach cancer surgery at Sourasky depends on the method. Treatment also includes such therapies as chemo-, immuno- or radiotherapy.
- The hospital is among Top 10 treatment centers for medical tourism as Newsweek magazine reports.
Sourasky Medical Center offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $18000 to $30000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 102 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Israel and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
In Nordwest Clinic physicians perform stomach removal surgery for cancer in the Center for Gastrointestinal Tumors. Medical staff utilizes complex approach to a treatment of gastric cancer. Dietitians, endocrinologists, and oncologists are drawn to ensure effective addressing of the disease.
The stomach cancer operation cost depends on stage of cancer, patient’s condition before the operation, and qualification of surgical team.
The procedure lasts for 2-3 hours. A patient stays under general anesthesia. After the operation, a patient is moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), for 3-4 days. In-hospital stay usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. Complete rehabilitation is achieved in 3-6 months.
Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus) offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $31300. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 41 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation and Kazakhstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Pyxis Medication Management System. Medipol is one out of 4 medical centers in Turkey where this automated system is applied. Pyxis controls the medicines taking. It provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in a appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
According to cancer.net, 67% is the 5-year survival rate in stomach cancer patients after surgical treatment. In combination with surgery, a doctor can assign chemotherapy or radiotherapy regarding your case.
What factors affect stomach cancer operation cost
The gastrectomy cost is affected by:
- Surgeon’s experience. If a surgical oncologist has conducted many operations, made lots of achievements and numerous awards, a doctor can ask for a higher fee.
- Type of the method. According to a patient’s case, a doctor may provide subtotal (partial) or total gastrectomy to remove a tumor. Specialists use minimally invasive (laparoscopic, robotic) and open methods of gastrectomy.
- Country's price policy. The price of stomach cancer surgery depends on a country’s population income. For instance, surgery in Turkey is cheaper than in Germany, but the quality remains at the same high level.
- Hospital charges. Most German clinics require a prepayment for treatment. And finally, if treatment occurs cheaper, a clinic can give the rest of the money back to a patient.
*If a patient needs therapies, the cost of stomach cancer treatment can be higher. For example, advanced disease is always hard to cure and requires more expensive treatment methods.
What does gastrectomy cost include?
- stomach cancer surgery itself
- hospital stay
- surgeon’s fee.
In some clinics, stomach cancer surgery cost includes such additional services as transfer from/to the airport, interpreter assistance, etc. Get more details about additional fees from Bookimed manager.
What countries do patients choose for gastrectomy?
Israeli surgical oncologists who perform gastrectomy completed their internships and trainings overseas (the USA, Canada, Europe). They are the members of international oncological organizations, for example, the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Most German hospitals apply advanced medical equipment which helps to carry out the most accurate diagnostics and surgery. German surgeons are involved in clinical trials to develop new treatments. Centers in Germany are certified by the German Cancer Society for high quality and safe healthcare.
Turkish medical facilities offer reasonable costs for stomach cancer surgery. Such a procedure is 15% cheaper than in Germany and Israel. In spite of the low costs, healthcare in Turkey remains at the highest level. Most hospitals in Turkey are accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), a global organization that evaluates clinics worldwide.
How to choose a hospital for stomach cancer surgery?
Before you choose a hospital to get stomach cancer operation, pay attention to the following things:
- Hospital’s accreditation. Every world-class hospital has lots of certificates, as JCI, given for health care quality.
- Doctors’ experience. Check a specialist’s CV. Be sure a doctor has a huge experience in your disease management, improved their skills overseas (the USA, Europe).
- Medical equipment. The hospital should have a lot of medical equipment of the latest generations.
- Patients' reviews. Check all the reviews of people who have undergone surgery in a hospital.
How to get an individual cost of gastrectomy?
- Submit a request on Bookimed and our manager will contact you in the shortest term.
- Bookimed manager will give you all the details about stomach cancer surgery and its cost. Together you will choose the most appropriate center to get this procedure.
- Then your medical documents will be sent to a chosen hospital.
- Within a couple of days, you will get a personalized cost estimate.
- If you are agree with the bill, Bookimed manager will help you to arrange a medical trip.
During your treatment, Bookimed manager will support you 24/7 till you return home.
See the best hospitals for stomach cancer surgery cost below.
How much does stomach cancer surgery cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the stomach cancer surgery individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final stomach cancer surgery cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
70 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate stomach cancer surgery cost is:
- The average cost is $25900. The lowest price is $5000 and the highest — $55800.
The Oncology Department in St. Zdislava Hospital specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer. Specialized procedure - removal of the prostate with the help of the Da Vinci robot. Every year 200 patients come to St. Zdislava for this procedure. The advantage of prostatectomy on Da Vinci is the preservation of erectile function and urination (in 85% of cases). For foreign patients, the Clinic offers a package price. The cost includes medical services, food, accommodation and transfer.
At LIV Hospitals Group surgeons carry out gastrectomy in the General Surgery Department. Stomach removal surgery for cancer is an effective treatment for early stages of the disease. At LIV Hospital a multidisciplinary teams treat onco patients. These teams consist of several specialists from different departments. That allows for more thorough treatment.
The operation is carried out by a group of surgeons on a patient under general anesthesia. The procedure lasts for 2-3 hours. In case of open surgery, patients spend 2-3 days in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and around 2-3 weeks in general ward. Minimally invasive operation puts the body under less stress, so patients are usually dismissed within 1 day after the procedure.
After the surgery physicians advise patients to start dieting and quit bad habits, as they slow down rehabilitation process and may trigger cancer.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
At Teknon physicians perform gastrectomy in the General Surgery Department. For cancer patients a multidisciplinary team is gathered to increase treatment efficiency. Such teams consist of specialists from various departments that process cases together.
Stomach cancer surgery is performed on patients under general anesthesia. The operation lasts for 2-3 hours. After the procedure patients are delivered to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) until their condition is stable. In 2-4 days, they are moved to the regular ward, where they stay for 10-14 days. Complete rehabilitation takes 4-6 months.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in Top German hospitals rating 2018 composed by the Focus magazine. It means that the hospital complies with strict treatment demands, and its therapies show the highest efficiency rate.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Helios according to anonymous survey among them.
- Helios Berlin Buch doctors lead the clinical trials of new treatment methods regarding cancer cure in Germany. If you would like and in case you correspond requirements, you can participate in the experiment and try the latest developments.
In Severance Hospital oncologists perform stomach cancer surgery in specialized Cancer Clinic. Surgeons treat over 1000 gastric cancer patients annually. They perform complex minimally invasive surgeries with the use of Da Vinci Surgical Robot System.
Operation is carried out in 2-3 hours on patients under general anesthesia. After the surgery patients are rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where their vitals are closely monitored until stabilized. In-hospital stay in regular ward rarely exceeds 3 weeks.
Severance Hospital offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $25000 to $29000. The hospital ranking is 4.7 according to 23 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Seoul, Republic of Korea. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Kazakhstan and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Republic of Korea and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Gastrectomy cost in Bremen-Mitte Hospital starts from $23,000.
- Stomach cancer operation price at Bremen-Mitte depends on a type of method (minimally invasive or open) and if some additional therapies are required (chemotherapy, radiation therapy).
- According to the Focus magazine, a respected German edition, Bremen-Mitte is ranked among top hospitals of Germany.
- The hospital has received a certificate from the European Cancer Society, which approves medicine high quality.
- Submit a request on Bookimed and get a personal cost for gastric cancer surgery.
Bremen-Mitte Clinic offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $22400. The hospital ranking is 4.3 according to 25 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Bremen, Germany. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
At Medical Center in Solingen, physicians carry out stomach removal surgery for cancer in the Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology and General Internal Medicine. The Clinic has 107 beds. Solingen multidisciplinary team treats patients with any stage of cancer.
Stomach cancer surgery lasts for 2-3 hours, during which a team of oncologists operates on a patients under general anesthesia. After the procedure, a patient is placed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Each aspect of patient’s health is closely monitored there to rule out complications. ICU stay is usually 2-3 days, stay in regular hospital ward rarely exceeds 3 weeks.
To fully rehabilitate patients must quit bad habits and stick to strict diet. Full recovery is achieved in 3-6 months.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
- 83% of women with urogenital tumors after treatment at Hadassah preserve urinating function and ability to have children.
- 85% of patients, who were prescribed to remove an affected organ in other hospitals, preserve it during treatment at Hadassah.
- In 34% of patients, who appealed to the hospital, were wrong diagnosed at other medical centers.
- 40,500 patients are treated in Hadassah Oncology Department.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
- At Apollo, doctors apply subtotal and total gastrectomy for stomach cancer patients. Specialists use robotic and laparoscopic methods to minimize injury rate and accelerate the recovery.
- Doctors may also add chemo-, radio- and targeted therapies in a treatment plan if required.
- The hospital has received JCI certificate for high-quality healthcare. Only world-class medical facilities obtain such accreditation.
- Submit a request on bookimed.com to get your price of stomach cancer surgery.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Gastrectomy cost at Sachsenhausen starts from $26,000.
- Sachsenhausen Hospital is among the best surgery medical centers in Europe according to the Focus magazine, the most authoritative German edition.
- In Sachsenhausen Hospital, most stomach cancer patients receive a laparoscopic gastrectomy, which helps to avoid scarring and pain. After the procedure, a patient comes back to normal life faster.
- The hospital accepts over 200,000 surgeries annually.
- Get your gastrectomy price from Bookimed manager — just submit a request on our website.
Sachsenhausen Hospital offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $25200 to $35700. The hospital ranking is 4.2 according to 11 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
HM Hospitales is a group of 7 medical centers in Madrid which provide medical services in all specialties. Includes 4 comprehensive centers for oncology treatment, neurosciences, cardiovascular surgery, and fertility.
In 2018, was awarded by the Spanish Society of Health Informatics (SEIS) for revolutionized patient care and significant technological solutions in the healthcare sector.
Annually the HM medical team serves around 75K inpatients and 2.3M outpatients.