Stomach cancer surgery or gastrectomy cost ranges from $15,000 to $20,000. Medical centers listed below provide this operation to treat stomach cancer for >T1N0 stages — when a tumor has grown in mucosal and submucosal layers and not spread to lymph nodes. The list of clinics is based on Bookimed patients' reviews.
Stomach cancer operation cost depends on a stage, surgical method, country, and hospital where a surgery is performed. For example, India and Turkey are 5 times cheaper than in the USA. In Turkey, the price ranges from $9,000 to $15,000 and in the US — approx. from $30,000.
Submit a request on Bookimed and get a personalized quote for stomach cancer surgery now.
- Price of gastrectomy in Anadolu Hospital starts from $15,000.
- At Anadolu Medical Center, stomach removal surgery for cancer is conducted in the General Surgery Department.
- The stomach cancer operation cost depends on a patient’s state and duration of hospital stay. In most cases, patients are dismissed from the hospital within 2-3 weeks after the surgery.
- Submit a request on our website to get your cost for gastric cancer surgery at Anadolu.
Anadolu Medical Center offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $15200 to $21000. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 135 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Finland and Kyrgyzstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Stomach cancer surgery cost at Asklepios is starting from $26,000.
- Specialists of Asklepios are among best ones in Germany according to the Focus magazine.
- Doctors perform gastrectomy combined with chemo-, targeted therapies if necessary.
- Asklepios is among top 100 medical facilities according to the Focus Magazine.
- The hospital is no. 1 facility in the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $25800. The hospital ranking is 4.6 according to 53 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Hamburg, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Norway, Poland and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
In Nordwest Clinic physicians perform stomach removal surgery for cancer in the Center for Gastrointestinal Tumors. Medical staff utilizes complex approach to a treatment of gastric cancer. Dietitians, endocrinologists, and oncologists are drawn to ensure effective addressing of the disease.
The stomach cancer operation cost depends on stage of cancer, patient’s condition before the operation, and qualification of surgical team.
The procedure lasts for 2-3 hours. A patient stays under general anesthesia. After the operation, a patient is moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), for 3-4 days. In-hospital stay usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. Complete rehabilitation is achieved in 3-6 months.
Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus) offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $31900. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 36 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation and Kazakhstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
- Stomach cancer surgery cost at Sourasky (Ichilov) Medical Center starts from $26,000.
- At Sourasky, specialists provide gastrectomy for stomach cancer early stages. The Surgical Oncology Department collaborates with physicians from other departments to provide the most intensive care.
- Price of stomach cancer surgery at Sourasky depends on the method. Treatment also includes such therapies as chemo-, immuno- or radiotherapy.
- The hospital is among Top 10 treatment centers for medical tourism as Newsweek magazine reports.
Sourasky Medical Center offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $18000 to $30000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 90 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Israel and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
According to cancer.net, 67% is the 5-year survival rate in stomach cancer patients after surgical treatment. In combination with surgery, a doctor can assign chemotherapy or radiotherapy regarding your case.
What factors affect stomach cancer operation cost
The gastrectomy cost is affected by:
- Surgeon’s experience. If a surgical oncologist has conducted many operations, made lots of achievements and numerous awards, a doctor can ask for a higher fee.
- Type of the method. According to a patient’s case, a doctor may provide subtotal (partial) or total gastrectomy to remove a tumor. Specialists use minimally invasive (laparoscopic, robotic) and open methods of gastrectomy.
- Country's price policy. The price of stomach cancer surgery depends on a country’s population income. For instance, surgery in Turkey is cheaper than in Germany, but the quality remains at the same high level.
- Hospital charges. Most German clinics require a prepayment for treatment. And finally, if treatment occurs cheaper, a clinic can give the rest of the money back to a patient.
*If a patient needs therapies, the cost of stomach cancer treatment can be higher. For example, advanced disease is always hard to cure and requires more expensive treatment methods.
What does gastrectomy cost include?
- stomach cancer surgery itself
- hospital stay
- surgeon’s fee.
In some clinics, stomach cancer surgery cost includes such additional services as transfer from/to the airport, interpreter assistance, etc. Get more details about additional fees from Bookimed manager.
What countries do patients choose for gastrectomy?
Israeli surgical oncologists who perform gastrectomy completed their internships and trainings overseas (the USA, Canada, Europe). They are the members of international oncological organizations, for example, the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Most German hospitals apply advanced medical equipment which helps to carry out the most accurate diagnostics and surgery. German surgeons are involved in clinical trials to develop new treatments. Centers in Germany are certified by the German Cancer Society for high quality and safe healthcare.
Turkish medical facilities offer reasonable costs for stomach cancer surgery. Such a procedure is 15% cheaper than in Germany and Israel. In spite of the low costs, healthcare in Turkey remains at the highest level. Most hospitals in Turkey are accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), a global organization that evaluates clinics worldwide.
How to choose a hospital for stomach cancer surgery?
Before you choose a hospital to get stomach cancer operation, pay attention to the following things:
- Hospital’s accreditation. Every world-class hospital has lots of certificates, as JCI, given for health care quality.
- Doctors’ experience. Check a specialist’s CV. Be sure a doctor has a huge experience in your disease management, improved their skills overseas (the USA, Europe).
- Medical equipment. The hospital should have a lot of medical equipment of the latest generations.
- Patients' reviews. Check all the reviews of people who have undergone surgery in a hospital.
How to get an individual cost of gastrectomy?
- Submit a request on Bookimed and our manager will contact you in the shortest term.
- Bookimed manager will give you all the details about stomach cancer surgery and its cost. Together you will choose the most appropriate center to get this procedure.
- Then your medical documents will be sent to a chosen hospital.
- Within a couple of days, you will get a personalized cost estimate.
- If you are agree with the bill, Bookimed manager will help you to arrange a medical trip.
During your treatment, Bookimed manager will support you 24/7 till you return home.
See the best hospitals for stomach cancer surgery cost below.
How much does stomach cancer surgery cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the stomach cancer surgery individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final stomach cancer surgery cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
67 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate stomach cancer surgery cost is:
- The average cost is $26200. The lowest price is $5000 and the highest — $57000.
In Severance Hospital oncologists perform stomach cancer surgery in specialized Cancer Clinic. Surgeons treat over 1000 gastric cancer patients annually. They perform complex minimally invasive surgeries with the use of Da Vinci Surgical Robot System.
Operation is carried out in 2-3 hours on patients under general anesthesia. After the surgery patients are rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where their vitals are closely monitored until stabilized. In-hospital stay in regular ward rarely exceeds 3 weeks.
Severance Hospital offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $25000 to $29000. The hospital ranking is 4.6 according to 19 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Seoul, Republic of Korea. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Kazakhstan and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Republic of Korea and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
At LIV Hospitals Group surgeons carry out gastrectomy in the General Surgery Department. Stomach removal surgery for cancer is an effective treatment for early stages of the disease. At LIV Hospital a multidisciplinary teams treat onco patients. These teams consist of several specialists from different departments. That allows for more thorough treatment.
The operation is carried out by a group of surgeons on a patient under general anesthesia. The procedure lasts for 2-3 hours. In case of open surgery, patients spend 2-3 days in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and around 2-3 weeks in general ward. Minimally invasive operation puts the body under less stress, so patients are usually dismissed within 1 day after the procedure.
After the surgery physicians advise patients to start dieting and quit bad habits, as they slow down rehabilitation process and may trigger cancer.
Medipol University Hospital is one of the largest multi-specialty medical institution in Turkey. Daily, over 1,200 patients trust their health to Medipol's experts. The hospital is equipped with advanced technologies, i.e, Da Vinci Surgical System, Cyber and Gamma Knives. Doctors specialize in cancer, neurological, and cardiovascular treatment. Organ transplantation, bone marrow transplant and IVF are among key specialties of the hospital.
St. Zdislava Hospital is a leading center of robotic-assisted surgery in the Czech Republic. The Hospital specializes in such procedures as the removal of the prostate by Da Vinci robot, bariatric surgery, kidney and bladder surgeries. Annually over 250 patients choose this Clinic for making robotic prostatectomy. St. Zdislava Hospital suggests quality services, 24/7 assistance for a patient. The Hospital is located in Velke Meziříčí City, in the south of the Czech Republic.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
At Teknon physicians perform gastrectomy in the General Surgery Department. For cancer patients a multidisciplinary team is gathered to increase treatment efficiency. Such teams consist of specialists from various departments that process cases together.
Stomach cancer surgery is performed on patients under general anesthesia. The operation lasts for 2-3 hours. After the procedure patients are delivered to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) until their condition is stable. In 2-4 days, they are moved to the regular ward, where they stay for 10-14 days. Complete rehabilitation takes 4-6 months.
At Medical Center in Solingen, physicians carry out stomach removal surgery for cancer in the Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology and General Internal Medicine. The Clinic has 107 beds. Solingen multidisciplinary team treats patients with any stage of cancer.
Stomach cancer surgery lasts for 2-3 hours, during which a team of oncologists operates on a patients under general anesthesia. After the procedure, a patient is placed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Each aspect of patient’s health is closely monitored there to rule out complications. ICU stay is usually 2-3 days, stay in regular hospital ward rarely exceeds 3 weeks.
To fully rehabilitate patients must quit bad habits and stick to strict diet. Full recovery is achieved in 3-6 months.
Helios Berlin-Buch is the largest and modern hospital in the capital of Germany.
It is included in the best German centers list in 2018 according to the Focus magazine ranking.
94% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch for diagnostics and treatment.
Key specialties of the hospital are oncology and surgical oncology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obesity treatment.
- Gastrectomy cost in Bremen-Mitte Hospital starts from $23,000.
- Stomach cancer operation price at Bremen-Mitte depends on a type of method (minimally invasive or open) and if some additional therapies are required (chemotherapy, radiation therapy).
- According to the Focus magazine, a respected German edition, Bremen-Mitte is ranked among top hospitals of Germany.
- The hospital has received a certificate from the European Cancer Society, which approves medicine high quality.
- Submit a request on Bookimed and get a personal cost for gastric cancer surgery.
Bremen-Mitte Clinic offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $22800. The hospital ranking is 4.2 according to 22 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Bremen, Germany. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
- In Quiron Hospital, stomach cancer surgery cost starts from €40,000.
- Surgical oncologist Lacy de Fortuny is a leading expert in gastric cancer surgery with experience of 36 years. Dr. Lacy de Fortuny has performed over 15,000 surgeries, including laparoscopic and robotic ones, together with a highly qualified team of surgeons.
- Most patients with stomach cancer are prescribed to follow chemotherapy combined with radiotherapy and surgery for more successful outcome.
- Receive a personalized gastrectomy cost from Bookimed manager — submit a request.
Hospital Quiron Barcelona offers to perform stomach cancer surgery from $39900 to $57000. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 4 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Barcelona, Spain. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of stomach cancer surgery in Spain and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
The European Health Center Otwock (Europejskie Centrum Zdrowia Otwock) is Poland's first private hospital that specializes in oncology and cardiology. The Сlinic has the only one in the country Interdisciplinary Cardio-oncology Department for cancer treatment in patients with heart disease. The Otwock Health Center is located 25 km from the center of Warsaw.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
- At Apollo, doctors apply subtotal and total gastrectomy for stomach cancer patients. Specialists use robotic and laparoscopic methods to minimize injury rate and accelerate the recovery.
- Doctors may also add chemo-, radio- and targeted therapies in a treatment plan if required.
- The hospital has received JCI certificate for high-quality healthcare. Only world-class medical facilities obtain such accreditation.
- Submit a request on bookimed.com to get your price of stomach cancer surgery.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.