See the best stomach cancer hospitals in the world listed below. The ranking is based on patients’ reviews, treatment effectiveness, and price-quality ratio. Patients from the USA and the UK pick medical centers presented below due to the following reasons:
- High success rate. The American Cancer Society reports that 70% is a 5-year survival rate for patients with stomach cancer — 90 out of 100 people recover. Doctors use HIPEC (Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy), innovative immunotherapy, targeted and combined therapies to treat gastric cancer of 3-4 stages.
- Advanced medical equipment. Specialists from the hospitals below use 1.5-3 Tesla MRI, virtual endoscopy to establish an accurate diagnosis. Stomach cancer treatment centers use the Da Vinci robotic system to perform a surgery with minimal damage. TrueBeam STx device for radiotherapy accurately affects a tumor without damage to healthy tissues.
- Minimally invasive surgeries. Most clinics mentioned below apply techniques with minimal injury rate to treat malignant stomach tumors at early stages. It helps to reduce pain, avoid scars, and boost recovery.
Submit a request on Bookimed and our medical doctor will answer all the questions regarding your case. We will help you to find the best hospital for stomach cancer! This option is free.
- Anadolu cooperates with John Hopkins Hospital, the best medical center in the USA according to U.S. News & World Report. Specialists apply only the latest technologies to treat stomach cancer and other diseases.
- Anadolu Medical Center is accredited by the Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI) for the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Anadolu doctors apply CyberKnife M6 and TrueBeam Edge. They are the latest radiotherapeutic devices that influence a tumor with 0.5 mm accuracy and do not affect healthy tissues.
- Anadolu has a certificate from the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) for palliative therapy. Such a treatment reduces symptoms and improves the life quality at 4th stomach cancer stage.
The cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Anadolu Medical Center ranges from $3850 to $4450. The medical center offers stomach cancer treatments from $10200 to $30000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 158 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Finland and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the stomach cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
Nordwest specialists are co-founders of the University Center for Tumor Diseases (UCT) - one of the leading institutions dealing with cancer patients.
The medical center offers stomach cancer treatments from $31500 to $37700. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 40 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Germany, Russian Federation and United States of America. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the stomach cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- Prof. Christopher Zielinski is the Head of Cancer Center, was the President of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group and became a member of ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- The clinical trials in the field of oncology to develop and apply the most innovative therapies against cancer. The greatest achievements are in breast and lung cancer treatment.
- The hospital works according TQH (Total Quality Hospital). It means the hospital permanently improves the treatment standards.
- The high level of patients’ satisfaction — 95% according to the anonymous survey.
The treatment of stomach cancer is carried out by specialists of the Cancer Center together with gastroenterologists, surgeons, radiologists and doctors of other specialties. This complex approach allows to accurately determine the localization of the tumor and to choose the most effective treatment program. Surgical removal of the stomach cancer and gastrectomy in the Liv Clinic is carried out using modern systems of robotic surgery. Chemotherapy drugs are selected individually for each patient, taking into account the features of the disease.
- Sourasky (Ichilov) is ranked among Top 10 hospitals for medical tourism in the world by Newsweek magazine, an authoritative American edition.
- Sourasky specialists use immunotherapy to treat stomach cancer. Before the treatment, patients have to undergo a test for compatibility to be sure they meet the therapy requirements.
- Prof. Ido Wolf, the Head of Oncology Department specializes in malignant stomach tumor treatment. Prof. Wolf provides a molecular tests, which increase diagnosis accuracy up to 10-20% and helps to identify the genetic predisposition to malignant gastric cancer.
- Submit a request on our website to find the best stomach cancer center.
The cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center ranges from $4200 to $4700. The medical center offers stomach cancer treatments from $300 to $27300. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 101 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Ukraine and Belarus. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the stomach cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
Top factors to choose stomach cancer treatment center
To pick one of the best stomach cancer treatment hospitals, pay attention to the following tips:
- Hospitals accreditation. World-class medical facilities have multiple certificates for a high level of medical services.
- Specialist’s experience. Be sure a chosen doctor specializes in your case and has a huge experience in stomach cancer treatment. Check doctors’ CV on our website. A good specialist has a lot of positive reviews.
- Success rate. Some medical centers may provide their statistics in patients treatment. Find whether is a success rate in your cases.
- Medical equipment. All hospitals have advanced medical equipment as the da Vinci Robotic System.
- Patients’ reviews. Read all reviews of people who have already undergone treatment in a hospital you are interested in.
What options are used in the best stomach cancer treatment centers?
Surgical intervention is performed for patients with stomach cancer stages 1-3. In top stomach cancer hospitals, specialists carry out the following types of surgeries:
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection. The removal of a tumor located in the mucosa of the stomach. The procedure is performed through small incisions.
- Gastrectomy. A doctor may perform laparoscopic or open procedure depending on a stomach cancer stage. Gastrectomy can be partial or total one. Such a surgery is indicated when a tumor is located in the upper part of the stomach or when cancer spreads to other organs.
- Partial gastric resection. Surgery is performed when a gastric tumor is located in the lower part of the stomach.
Chemotherapy. Specialists indicate chemo drugs to reduce a tumor before an operation. Chemotherapy after surgery destroys cancer cells and prevents the relapse. For advanced stages, chemo is used to suppress the symptoms and improve the patient’s quality of life.
Radiotherapy. Doctors at stomach cancer treatment centers provide radiotherapy before surgery to reduce the tumor size. After the operation, radiotherapy is carried out to destroy the rest of the malignant cells.
HIPEC (“hot chemotherapy”). Such type of chemo is provided for refractory stomach cancer with metastasis in the abdomen. During HIPEC, a doctor uses drugs heated to 42°C. Due to high temperature, chemo penetrates the damaged tissues and destroys more cancer cells than conventional chemotherapy.
Immunotherapy. When traditional options do not work, doctors prescribe immunotherapy which boosts the patient’s immunity to kill cancer cells. Such a treatment does not cause severe side effects.
Targeted therapy. Such drugs block the growth and dividing of the cancer cells without damaging healthy ones. This therapy is used if diagnostics have shown the genetic mutation of a tumor.
Who is the best stomach cancer doctor?
Bookimed has composed the rating of the top 3 best stomach cancer specialists. It is based on our expertise, doctors’ professionalism, and patient reviews:
- Prof. Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny is a surgical oncologist with over 30 years of experience. The professor specializes in minimally-invasive techniques for stomach cancer treatment. Dr. de Lacy Fortuny is the pioneer in the method of transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES), access to the abdominal cavity through natural openings that is less-traumatic than open surgery. Dr. de Lacy Fortuny is an expert in removing metastatic from the abdomen.
- Dr. Ron Grinberg is a surgical oncologist with over 12 years of experience in treating stomach cancer patients. The doctor provides laparoscopic treatment which is performed through small incisions — it does not cause severe postoperative complications and does not leave big scars compared to open surgery. Dr. Grinberg had training across Europe — in Italian and Austrian medical institutions. The doctor specializes in HIPEC procedure delivering chemo drugs into the abdomen cavity to destroy cancer cells.
- Prof. Metin Chakmakchi is a surgical oncologist with decades of experience in stomach cancer treatment. The professor cooperates with American specialists including colleagues from the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Prof. Chakmakchi is a member of the American College of Surgeons. Prof. Chakmakchi performs minimally-invasive operations through small incisions in patients with stomach cancer.
To get a consultation with the best oncologist for stomach cancer, submit a request on Bookimed and our manager will answer all your questions.
What is the success rate after stomach cancer treatment?
If a medical oncologist has made an accurate treatment plan, a survival rate after treatment is about 70% (if the disease is detected at early stages).
How long does stomach cancer treatment last?
- Surgery — from 4 days to 2 weeks (including hospital stay)
- Chemotherapy — to 5 months
- Radiotherapy — to 1-2 months
What does stomach cancer treatment cost include?
- surgery price
- additional therapies (targeted therapy, immunotherapy)
- hospital stay
- doctor’s fee.
Get your personal cost estimate — submit a request on our website. This option is free.
3 best places for stomach cancer treatment
Medical centers in Turkey provide the latest diagnostics and treatment methods for stomach cancer. Most hospitals apply CyberKnife M6 for radiosurgery and TrueBeam Edge for radiation therapy. Turkish clinics have numerous certificates from world-class organizations as JCI (Joint Commission International), ESMO (the European Society for Medical Oncology), etc.
Clinics in Germany are the most technologically advanced in the world. The hospitals apply the latest therapies as immunotherapy and targeted therapy that decrease side effects rate and improve patients’ quality of life. 99% is a success rate of stomach tumors removals according to the hospitals' data.
Most Israeli hospitals apply advanced medical equipment as the da Vinci Robotic device to remove stomach cancer through small incisions. It prevents scarring and risk of infections. After such surgeries stomach cancer patients recover faster. Specialists at Israeli clinics provide innovative immunotherapy, which boosts a patient’s immune system to affect cancer cells by itself.
FAQs about stomach cancer treatment
- Radiotherapy VS chemotherapy: what is more effective for stomach cancer?
Medical doctors apply the most appropriate method of treatment according to the results of complex diagnostics. Only your doctor can decide if you need such options. Depending on your case, a medical doctor may prescribe a combination of chemo- and radiation treatments.
- Should I be treated with immunotherapy?
Medical oncologists prescribe immunotherapy if standard treatments do not work. Such a therapy has less severe side effects than traditional chemo. You should undergo some tests to be sure you meet immunotherapy requirements.
- What is my chance for recovery?
It depends on stomach cancer stage and your general health condition. According to the American Cancer Society, 80-90% is a 5-year survival rate for 0-1 stages, 60% — for the 2nd stage, and 20-30% — for 3-4 stages.
- Is stomach cancer stage 4 curable?
Specialists apply palliative treatment to reduce stomach cancer symptoms. It includes chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Is a language assistance available in the hospital?
Most hospitals listed below provide an interpreter or coordinator from the International Department who assists you during consultations with a doctor and other medical staff.
Have some other questions? Submit a request on Bookimed to get a FREE consultation — our manager will provide you with all necessary info. See below how to arrange a trip to the best treatment center for stomach cancer.
How to get stomach cancer treatment with Bookimed?
If you want to receive stomach cancer treatment, do the following actions:
- Submit a request on our website. Our medical coordinator will contact you shortly.
- Ask anything about stomach cancer treatment. Bookimed manager will give you all the details about any hospital: costs, diagnostics, treatment methods, best specialists, etc.
- If you pick one of the stomach cancer treatment centers, please, send us your medical records. Our manager sends them to a chosen hospital to get all information about your further treatment.
- After that, you get a direct bill and can pack your luggage for a medical trip.
Bookimed manager will support you 24/7 online up till the moment you return home.
How much does stomach cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9600|
|Radiotherapy||$2000 - $30000|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$2000 - $6000|
|Da Vinci Robotic System||$13500 - $32000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|Ultrasound||$30 - $700|
|MRI of one area||$110 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
Doctors calculate the cost of stomach cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final stomach cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
114 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate stomach cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $210. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of stomach cancer diagnostics is $4300. The lowest price is $3850 and the highest — $4700.
- The average treatment price is $22100. The lowest price is $300 and the highest — $73500.
- Stomach cancer treatment is performed at the Teknon Oncology Institute, which is a partner of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Spanish doctors together with American specialists participate in scientific research developments.
- Surgical treatment of stomach cancer is carried out in the Teknon Surgery Department, considered the most prestigious in Spain according to the hospital’s data. The Department consists of 40 top specialists who perform over 4,500 surgical procedures per year.
- Doctors at Bumrungrad apply upper GI endoscopy to see a digestive tract in details using an endoscope — a flexible tube with a camera. It gives a more accurate examination than X-ray studies.
- Bumrungrad is the first hospital in Asia using artificial intelligence program as IBM Watson to establish a correct individual treatment plan for stomach cancer patients.
- The hospital specialists provide immunotherapy, targeted and biological therapies to treat stomach cancer minimizing side effects.
- Find the best hospital for stomach cancer by submitting a request to Bookimed manager.
The Oncology Department in St. Zdislava Hospital specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer. Specialized procedure - removal of the prostate with the help of the Da Vinci robot. Every year 200 patients come to St. Zdislava for this procedure. The advantage of prostatectomy on Da Vinci is the preservation of erectile function and urination (in 85% of cases). For foreign patients, the Clinic offers a package price. The cost includes medical services, food, accommodation and transfer.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to the information provided by Medipol.
- Medipol uses Pyxis Medication Management System to controls the medicines taking automatically. This system excludes any error in medicines taking. Only 4 medical centers in Turkey apply Pyxis.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies. Among them is a highly precise GammaKnife with 99% of accuracy.
- Asklepios Barmbek is No.1 according to Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA). The hospital is the 1st in the world due to high health care service.
- Since 2012, the hospital has been permanently ranked among top German hospitals by the Focus magazine.
- Asklepios Barmbek is recognized as the “Competence Center for Stomach and Esophagus Surgery” by the German Society for General and Visceral Surgery and Association of the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract.
- 16,000 patients with oncological diseases, including gastric cancer, are treated annually at Asklepios Barmbek.
- Submit a request on our website to choose the best stomach cancer treatment in the world regarding your case.
The medical center offers stomach cancer treatments from $39400 to $51200. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 62 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Norway, Belarus and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the stomach cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
- Bremen-Mitte Cancer Center is certified by the European Cancer Society, an association uniting oncologists to develop cancer treatment and care.
- Bremen-Mitte Hospital is included in Top German hospitals’ rating by the Focus magazine.
- 40,000 patients receive treatment at Bremen-Mitte annually.
- Professor Huseyin Bektas is a leading specialist in surgical oncology. Prof. Bektas is an expert in advanced cancer treatment including stomach oncology. The doctor applies HIPEC (heated chemo drugs), open and laparoscopic gastrectomy for patients with metastatic gastric cancer.
- Oncologists of the hospital perform stomach cancer surgeries. They also use immuno-, targeted therapies, and HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy).
- Submit a request on our site to know more about best stomach cancer hospitals.
The medical center offers stomach cancer treatments from $9600 to $31500. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.3 according to 24 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Georgia. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the stomach cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- Solingen is among top-rated German hospitals according to the Focus magazine, the authoritative world-renown German edition.
- The medical center is certified by the German Cancer Society that confirms high quality of oncology treatment.
- Professor Boris Pfaffenbach is the Head of the Gastroenterology and Oncology Department at Solingen. Prof. Pfaffenbach has over 26 years of experience, is an author of about 130 publications.
- Professor Wolfgang Schwenk is a specialist in abdominal surgeries and minimally invasive techniques. Prof. Schwenk has more than 20 years of practicing. The doctor pays attention to the development of new perioperative concepts (for ex. “fast track” — a combination of healthcare services (anesthesia) for patients to speed up their recovery after surgery).
Submit a request to get more about gastric cancer treatment at Asklepios Barmbek.
- The hospital has a certificate from JCI (Joint Commission International), an organization evaluating world-class medical facilities.
- Severance specialists use an endoscopic camera, an instrument of diagnosing stomach cancer — a doctor can take a piece of diseased tissue to accurately detect a stage.
- Doctors of Severance provide a customized treatment made up individually for a concrete patient’s case.
- At Severance, doctors specialize in radiosurgery. They use robotic surgery to treat stomach. It helps to minimize scarring and pain after a procedure.
- Every year specialists perform about 1,000 surgeries and 100 laparoscopy operations for stomach cancer at early stages. The procedure is conducted through an incision of about 15 cm to avoid big scars and speed up the recovery.
- Severance physicians apply endoscopic mucosal resection for an early stage of stomach cancer — it's performed with special tube and camera connected to it for gastric tumor removal.
- Helios Berlin Buch is certified by the German Cancer Society for compliance with strict cancer treatment standards.
- Helios Berlin Buch is one among a few hospitals in Germany where PIPAC (pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy) is applied to treat stomach cancer. This treatment option destroy malignant cells directly. The dose of chemotherapy is reduced compared to traditional chemo cycles.
- Prof. Peter Reichardt heads the Oncology Center at Helios Berlin Buch. The doctor has over 30 years of experience in cancer treatment. He practiced in the top US and European medical facilities and is a member global cancer organizations.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in top German hospitals ranking 2018-2019, composed by the Focus magazine.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with cancer treatment at Helios Berlin Buch according to the hospital's anonymous survey.
The Department specializes in the treatment of cancer and other pathologies of esophagus and stomach. Doctors of the Clinic perform abdominal and laparoscopic operations of the upper departments of gastrointestinal tract.
- Over 300 gastrointestinal tract cancer surgeries have been performed.
- HM Hospitales has the greatest experience in the gastrointestinal tract cancer surgery in Spain according to the hospital’s data.
- HM Hospitales is considered the top medical group in Madrid according to the hospital’s data.
The approach of professionals in Memorial Hospital differs from other hospitals by precisely planned post-surgical monitoring: monthly control of the general and local statuses during first 6 months, full diagnostics every 3 months afterwards, in a year PET-CT every 6 months, in 5 years – one full diagnostics per annum.
The clinical oncologists also develop the individual monitoring rhythm while a patient is discharging from the Hospital.
Memorial applies both traditional treatment methods of stomach cancer and newest medical technologies. There are only a few hospitals in the world that apply the newest high-tech methods of cancer and metastases treatment.
Memorial Oncological Center applies both traditional treatment methods of stomach cancer (surgical, drug and radiation therapy), and the methods of interventional radiology and brand new methods like DaVinci Surgical System, NanoKnife and CyberKnife. The successful treatment of stomach cancer means the combination of chemotherapy and different methods of treatment, as well as the certain sequence of their application.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
The Department of Oncology in Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the treatment of lung, cervix, gastrointestinal tract cancer.
Specialists use MRI, CT, and ultrasound to detect tumors.
Oncologists remove tumors using the traditional open method or a laparoscope.