- Why do patients prefer treatment for stomach cancer at Asklepios?
- How does the treatment for stomach cancer at Asklepios occur?
- What is the stomach cancer treatment cost at Asklepios?
Why do patients prefer treatment for stomach cancer at Asklepios?
Multidisciplinary team for the treatment of stomach cancer includes Dr. Alex Stang - Head of the Department of Oncology in the network of German clinics Asklepios.
Surgeries are performed by Head of the Department of Surgery Dr. Karl J. Oldhafer and abdominal surgeon-practitioner Dr. Med. Thomas Mansfeld. Together with his team he performs over 2,700 operations on abdominal pathologies every year.
The Clinic has its own pharmacological center where medications are produced. For the patient, it guarantees the protection against counterfeiting and opportunity of individual combining of the dose of components according to the stage of disease.
Diagnostics for stomach cancer in the Clinic
Asklepios private laboratory and Department of Pathomorphology shorten the diagnostic period.
Stomach carcinoma is difficult for diagnostics at early stages of its development. To make the final conclusion Asklepios specialists use the following researches:
- blood test for tumor markers;
- gastroscopy (combined with a biopsy);
- HD-endoscopy for diagnostic and interventional endoscopy;
- endosonography which allows to determine the stage of the tumor before the surgery;
- contrast ultrasound (CEUs);
- capsule endoscopy (examination with the use of a capsule with a camera).
Detection of latent metastases is performed using:
- radionuclide (nuclear) bone scan.
How does the treatment for stomach cancer at Asklepios occur?
- laparoscopic operations (minimally invasive technique through the smallest incisions);
- robotic assisted surgery;
- radical surgery for cancer pathologies;
- radiation exposure;
What is the stomach cancer treatment cost at Asklepios?
Price of diagnostics and treatment for stomach cancer at Asklepios is calculated for each patient individually according to the stage of the tumour, necessary set of therapeutic methods and length of hospital stay. Approximate expenditures for stomach cancer treatment are from €20,000 to €50,000. They can include:
- In-hospital stay for gastric cancer diagnostics - €5,900 (for 10 day)
- Fee of the Head of the Department of Gastroenterology Dr. Faiss - €4,000
- In-hospital stay for stomach cancer removal surgery - €22,600 (for 20 days)
- Fee of the Head of the Department of Surgery Prof. Oldhafer - €4,300
- HIPEC - €7,000
- Fee of doctors specialized in other areas - €4,000 - €4,200
- Stay in an individual single room - €145 per day
- Administrative fee €65,45 per day
- Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
- Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
- Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
For the treatment of gastric cancer Sourasky experts apply modern surgical techniques (robotic-assisted operations). Minimally invasive operations (at early stages) shorten the recovery period and in-hospital stay of a patient. Successful results are obtained after the partial or complete gastrectomy using laparoscopic or traditional open approach.
Some cases require application of HIPEC - Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. This technique of “hot chemotherapy” increases stage 3 stomach cancer treatment success rate up to 40%.
Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky medical team consists of highly qualified gastroenterologists and oncologists:
- Gastroenterologist Zamir Halperin has performed over 1,000 operations;
- Professor Joseph Klauzner is prominent oncosurgeon with 30 years of experience, who specializes in surgical treatment of stomach cancer;
- Gastroenterologist Doctor Einat Shaham-Shmueli.
Stomach cancer patient is monitored by medical team that includes: pathologists, cardiologists, nutritionists, rehabilitation physician and others. Complex approach to the treatment of malignant stomach tumours helps to provide a patient with the maximum possible prospects of recovery.
Gastric cancer diagnostic plan in Sourasky Hospital includes:
- Complete laboratory package: general clinical, biochemical, blood counts + oncomarkers;
- Revision of previous biopsy;
- Gastroscopy with new biopsy + histologic research of the sample;
- Combined CT and/or PET-CT.
- Fecal occult blood test;
- Spiral computed nuclear magnetic resonance tomography;
- Endoscopic ultrasound.
Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
The diagnostic cost is affected by a set of prescribed methods, including consultation with a specialist.
- Consultation of a doctor - $610
- Biopsy - $1,180
- PET-CT - $1,190
- Blood counts - $590
Treatment cost is individual for each patient.
You can receive individual treatment program with accurate prices right now.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Teknon Medical Center
- Modern techniques of oncology treatment in Spain
- Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon
Why do the patients choose Teknon Clinic for the diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Teknon Medical Center is one of the best in Spain and Europe. A lot of leading Spanish oncologists work here. The leadership of the Сlinic constantly updates its equipment implementing the latest technological innovations.
- breast cancer;
- prostate cancer;
- stomach cancer;
- intestinal cancer;
- skin cancer;
- lung cancer;
- kidney cancer.
How is the diagnostics held at Teknon?
The diagnostic base of the Hospital gives an opportunity to carry out the most complex tests, which help to make accurate diagnoses and increase the efficiency of treatment.
Which therapeutic techniques are used at Teknon?
- Radiotherapy (including radiosurgery: Gamma-knife, Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- The latest protocols of chemotherapy (including those developed on the basis of Teknon Research Institute of Oncology);
- Surgical operations (among which are robotic surgeries and cardiosurgery).
Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon Hospital
The cost of diagnostics and treatment depends on many factors such as the disease development and body condition. International Patients Support Center Bookimed will choose an individual program with accurate prices for you.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Teknon Medical Center
Symptoms of stomach cancer
During a long time stomach cancer can be asymptomatic. Usually, the patient already has gastritis or gastric and/or duodenal ulcer that hides primary manifestations of the process:
- heartburn resulted from reflux of gastric materials back in esophagus;
- foul-smelling eructation;
- pain or sensation of heaviness in the stomach;
- altered defecation pattern.
With the development of the tumour, a patient suffers from the loss of body weight, irritancy, continuous fatigue and depression, fastidium or food faddism.
Treatment of gastric cancer at different stages
- Initial stages (1A-B) are treated with subtotal gastrectomy. A section (proximal or distal) of the stomach is removed. German doctors practice attenuated laparoscopic approach - all process is carried out through small incisions;
- At stage 2-3A the tumour penetrates a muscle layer of the stomach and gradually “acquires” regional lymph nodes. In this case a total resection of the stomach and relevant lymph nodes is applied;
- Stage 3B suggests metastases in external lymph nodes which increases volume of the surgery;
- Stage 4 - neighbouring organs and tissues are affected. Main treatment method is chemo and beam therapy. Surgeons can reconstruct patency of digestive tract and carry out other palliative operations.
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.