- Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
- Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
- Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
For the treatment of gastric cancer Sourasky experts apply modern surgical techniques (robotic-assisted operations). Minimally invasive operations (at early stages) shorten the recovery period and in-hospital stay of a patient. Successful results are obtained after the partial or complete gastrectomy using laparoscopic or traditional open approach.
Some cases require application of HIPEC - Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. This technique of “hot chemotherapy” increases stage 3 stomach cancer treatment success rate up to 40%.
Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky medical team consists of highly qualified gastroenterologists and oncologists:
- Gastroenterologist Zamir Halperin has performed over 1,000 operations;
- Professor Joseph Klauzner is prominent oncosurgeon with 30 years of experience, who specializes in surgical treatment of stomach cancer;
- Gastroenterologist Doctor Einat Shaham-Shmueli.
Stomach cancer patient is monitored by medical team that includes: pathologists, cardiologists, nutritionists, rehabilitation physician and others. Complex approach to the treatment of malignant stomach tumours helps to provide a patient with the maximum possible prospects of recovery.
Gastric cancer diagnostic plan in Sourasky Hospital includes:
- Complete laboratory package: general clinical, biochemical, blood counts + oncomarkers;
- Revision of previous biopsy;
- Gastroscopy with new biopsy + histologic research of the sample;
- Combined CT and/or PET-CT.
- Fecal occult blood test;
- Spiral computed nuclear magnetic resonance tomography;
- Endoscopic ultrasound.
Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
The diagnostic cost is affected by a set of prescribed methods, including consultation with a specialist.
- Consultation of a doctor - $610
- Biopsy - $1,180
- PET-CT - $1,190
- Blood counts - $590
Treatment cost is individual for each patient.
You can receive individual treatment program with accurate prices right now.
- The diagnostic procedures of the oncologic pathologies of the stomach cancer
- The cost for stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
- The stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
Why Assuta Medical Center is recommended for the patients suffering the stomach cancer?
Assuta Medical Center provides the stomach cancer treatment of any stage applying the modern therapeutic methods. The professional team is guided by the doctors of international level, i.e. Prof. Baruch Klein, leading Israel oncologist in the field of GI oncology, chemotherapy and palliative treatment. Also Prof. Hanoch Kashtan, Chief of Subdivision for Chemotherapy at Department for Oncology at Assuta. Prof. Kashtan personally examines every patient.
The robotic surgeries held by the surgeons enable the treatment with minimal affection and the preserving of vital organs. The videoendoscopic procedures are worth of mentioning, being the golden standard in the treatment. Also HIPEC, the brand new most efficient procedure on tumor cells termination nowadays, brilliantly held by the best abdominal oncologic surgeons of Assuta hospital – Dr. Ron Greenberg and Prof. Mordechai Gutman.
What are the diagnostic procedures of the oncologic pathologies of the stomach cancer?
- Ultrasound CT;
- Scintigraphy of all abdominal, pelvis and chest organs, as well as lymph and bone systems.
Laboratoryoratory blood testing is also held, like general, biochemical, tumor markers, mutating genes and their proteins; revision of the previously held biopsy; gastroscopy followed by new biopsy; laparoscopy of abdominal and liver lymph nodes on metastasis check-up; abdominal surgeon consultancy; oncologist consultacy.
What is the cost for stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
The total cost varies from 4,000 to 7,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What is the stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
The modern methods of stomach cancer treatment at Assuta hospital include both the new surgical methods, and new chemotherapy types, such as selective, biotherapy (TIL-therapy), targeted medicines, new types of radiation (IMRT, CK-MLC, brachytherapy and SIRT).
The following surgeries of high efficiency are held by Assuta professionals regardless of the disease extent of the patient:
- Removal of the lymph nodes metastasis affected areas;
- Subtotal resection (big size tumors);
- Full stomach resection under large tumors followed by sewing the esophagus directly to the small intestine.
The chemotherapy and radiotherapy is used in case the process has spread beyond the regional lymph nodes in various organs. The ultramodern method HIPEC is used at Assuta hospital under stomach cancer treatment. HIPEC is held by the leading Israeli professors and oncologic surgeons without usual side effects while the chemotherapy. The average treatment process varies from 12 to 20 days.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
- The diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Sheba Medical Center
- The cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center
- The stomach cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center
The leading professionals at Sheba Medical Center who deal with the stomach cancer treatment are the world-known doctors who are responsible for hundreds of lives worldwide: Prof. Dan Adarka – international level expert in digestive system oncologies treatment; Dr. Moshe Koller – chief of Department for Digestive System Oncologic Diseases; Dr. Zvi Simon – chief of Department for Radiotherapy, applying the innovative radiotherapy in digestive system oncological diseases treatment; Dr. Talia Golan – chief doctor at the Department for Digestive System Oncologic Diseases. Sheba Medical Center oncologists have enormous experience in stomach cancer treatment of all stages.
What are the diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Sheba Medical Center?
The diagnostics under stomach cancer suspect includes:
- A thorough physical examination and oncologist, gastroenterologist, oncologic surgeon etc. consultancy;
- detailed laboratory oratory testing (all required blood testings incl. the tumor markers);
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy followed by the biopsy of the mucous sites suspicious for malignancy (at the same time the resection of pre-cancer formations by polyps is held if required);
- histopathological analysis of biopsies;
- 3D CT;
- MRI, X-ray.
What the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
The total cost starts from 5,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What are the stomach cancer treatment methods at Sheba Medical Center?
The stomach cancer at Sheba hospital includes:
- Surgery, i.e. stomach resection and neighbouring lymph nodes;
- endoscopic mucosal layer resection (at the early stages) endoscopic resection of mucosal and submucosal layers followed by real time biopsy, while the extended surgery is held in case of tumor cells detection at the edges of resected site;
- radiation therapy.
The rate of recovery at 1st-2nd stages is up to 60%, while 2nd-3rd stages reach 40% depending on the contributing factors of the disease.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.