Treatment of stomach cancer in Israel
Overall rating by
Assuta Medical Center has its own research institute
Her husband was diagnosed with an initial stage of stomach cancer. The diagnosis was made in our clinic, in Russia. In occasion of a place of treatment long did not think - it is unequivocally not Rus...
Assuta Medical Center has its own research institute
- The diagnostic procedures of the oncologic pathologies of the stomach cancer
- The cost for stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
- The stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
Why Assuta Medical Center is recommended for the patients suffering the stomach cancer?
Assuta Medical Center provides the stomach cancer treatment of any stage applying the modern therapeutic methods. The professional team is guided by the doctors of international level, i.e. Prof. Baruch Klein, leading Israel oncologist in the field of GI oncology, chemotherapy and palliative treatment. Also Prof. Hanoch Kashtan, Chief of Subdivision for Chemotherapy at Department for Oncology at Assuta. Prof. Kashtan personally examines every patient.
The robotic surgeries held by the surgeons enable the treatment with minimal affection and the preserving of vital organs. The videoendoscopic procedures are worth of mentioning, being the golden standard in the treatment. Also HIPEC, the brand new most efficient procedure on tumor cells termination nowadays, brilliantly held by the best abdominal oncologic surgeons of Assuta hospital – Dr. Ron Greenberg and Prof. Mordechai Gutman.
What are the diagnostic procedures of the oncologic pathologies of the stomach cancer?
- Ultrasound CT;
- Scintigraphy of all abdominal, pelvis and chest organs, as well as lymph and bone systems.
Laboratoryoratory blood testing is also held, like general, biochemical, tumor markers, mutating genes and their proteins; revision of the previously held biopsy; gastroscopy followed by new biopsy; laparoscopy of abdominal and liver lymph nodes on metastasis check-up; abdominal surgeon consultancy; oncologist consultacy.
What is the cost for stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
The total cost varies from 4,000 to 7,000 USD. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
What is the stomach cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center?
The modern methods of stomach cancer treatment at Assuta hospital include both the new surgical methods, and new chemotherapy types, such as selective, biotherapy (TIL-therapy), targeted medicines, new types of radiation (IMRT, CK-MLC, brachytherapy and SIRT).
The following surgeries of high efficiency are held by Assuta professionals regardless of the disease extent of the patient:
- Removal of the lymph nodes metastasis affected areas;
- Subtotal resection (big size tumors);
- Full stomach resection under large tumors followed by sewing the esophagus directly to the small intestine.
The chemotherapy and radiotherapy is used in case the process has spread beyond the regional lymph nodes in various organs. The ultramodern method HIPEC is used at Assuta hospital under stomach cancer treatment. HIPEC is held by the leading Israeli professors and oncologic surgeons without usual side effects while the chemotherapy. The average treatment process varies from 12 to 20 days.
Cost of procedures regarding treatment of Stomach cancer in Israel
Biochemical blood analysisfromup to
Consultation with a surgeonfromup to
Keytruda (pembrolizumab)fromup to
- In Hadassah Medical Center prices are 21% lower
- Average response time is 5 days
National Institute of Oncology of Israel
Treatment is a long and very great influence has the attitude of the host and doctors. The attitude is very good, sincere.This is very important. All our requests and wishes have been fulfilled. I am ...
National Institute of Oncology of Israel
- Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
- Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
- Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
Modern techniques for stomach cancer treatment at Sourasky
For the treatment of gastric cancer Sourasky experts apply modern surgical techniques (robotic-assisted operations). Minimally invasive operations (at early stages) shorten the recovery period and in-hospital stay of a patient. Successful results are obtained after the partial or complete gastrectomy using laparoscopic or traditional open approach.
Some cases require application of HIPEC - Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. This technique of “hot chemotherapy” increases stage 3 stomach cancer treatment success rate up to 40%.
Who specializes in treatment of gastric cancer at Sourasky Medical Center?
Sourasky medical team consists of highly qualified gastroenterologists and oncologists:
- Gastroenterologist Zamir Halperin has performed over 1,000 operations;
- Professor Joseph Klauzner is prominent oncosurgeon with 30 years of experience, who specializes in surgical treatment of stomach cancer;
- Gastroenterologist Doctor Einat Shaham-Shmueli.
Stomach cancer patient is monitored by medical team that includes: pathologists, cardiologists, nutritionists, rehabilitation physician and others. Complex approach to the treatment of malignant stomach tumours helps to provide a patient with the maximum possible prospects of recovery.
Gastric cancer diagnostic plan in Sourasky Hospital includes:
- Complete laboratory package: general clinical, biochemical, blood counts + oncomarkers;
- Revision of previous biopsy;
- Gastroscopy with new biopsy + histologic research of the sample;
- Combined CT and/or PET-CT.
- Fecal occult blood test;
- Spiral computed nuclear magnetic resonance tomography;
- Endoscopic ultrasound.
Cost of stomach cancer diagnostics and treatment at Sourasky
The diagnostic cost is affected by a set of prescribed methods, including consultation with a specialist.
- Consultation of a doctor - $610
- Biopsy - $1,180
- PET-CT - $1,190
- Blood counts - $590
Treatment cost is individual for each patient.
You can receive individual treatment program with accurate prices right now.
Elisha Hospital in Israel (Haifa) is one of the best private multidisciplinary hospitals in Israel, which provides services in all medical fields at the highest level, both Israeli citizens and foreigners.Elisha Medical Center is located in a central area in the city of Haifa, located on the Mediterranean coast, was founded in 1935, and throughout its long history of existence enjoyed an impeccable reputation among patients.
Stomach cancer treatment in Israel
Stomach cancer develops in epithelial cells of the mucous membrane of the organ and can be located in a fundal part of the stomach (fundic cancer) as well as in a place of connection of the organ with esophagus or intestine.
Stomach is an organ that constantly contacts with aggressive fluids, infections, and has mechanical contact with food. It results in constant death and regeneration of epithelium that increases chances for cancer development in this organ (especially with the aging). Male patients more often suffer from stomach cancer.
Only in Israel
- treatment is provided by internationally recognized oncologists and surgeons;
- the latest diagnostic and treatment equipment;
- Israeli oncosurgeons provide maximum conservative variants of gastrectomy - only affected area is removed. This approach significantly increases quality of life of a patient during postoperative period;
- the most effective treatment programs and methods of chemotherapy.
Causes of stomach cancer
Risk of stomach cancer development has direct connection with chronic disorders - gastritis and ulcer disease. The second important cause is polyposis of mucous membrane. Transformation of inflammation into precancer and further into cancer takes from 10 to 20 years.
Factors that increase risk of gastric cancer development:
- irregular eating of junk and rough food. Human organism is designed to eat at just the same time. If it doesn’t occur, the organism does not produce enough quantity of gastric fluid that causes irritation of stomach walls. Dry food scratches mucous membrane;
- excess of Helicobacter pylori bacteria when mucous membrane is provoked (for example, hyperemia). Potentially pathogenic flora increases inflammation that increases a risk of malignization of the wall;
- bad nutrition. Constant consumption of hot, greasy, preserved, smoked and fried food. Overeating;
- nitrites and nitrates in food, mainly in vegetables. The same reason (presence of nitric acid in different compounds) applies for avoiding excess consumption of beer, dried fish and cheese;
- alcoholism. Ethyl alcohol causes dystrophy of mucosa. Alcohol also increases negative impact of smoking and overeating that results in additional impact on mucosa;
- constant intake of anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID group). Alteration and following cancer often develop against the background of drug-induced gastritis. During NSAIDs intake the drugs itself reduce a risk of oncological process but side effects of these medicines provoke cancer. It often occurs in patients with lumbago, arthritis and arthrosis;
- radiation exposure, especially consumption of radioactive food;
- patient who already had partial resection of the stomach (Billroth’s 1-2 etc.).
Manifestations of gastric cancer
The process is often asymptomatic. Stage 1-2A manifestations can be easily confused with general somatic diseases (patients aged over 50 have a lot of them):
- the decrease of appetite, slight discomfort after meal;
- there can be a rapid change of taste preferences – disgust to fish, meat and other products;
- temperature increases up to subfebrile (37-380С);
- sometimes relatives of a patient mention pale skin and mucosa – symptoms of early anemia.
Starting from Stage 2В, the process has manifestations, there can be:
- obstructed gastric patency. Feeling of heaviness, nausea, quick saturation (combined with constant hunger). In severe cases there can be vomiting after meal (complete obstruction);
- diarrhea, constipation, distention, pain resulted from bowel dilation by gases;
- girdle pain when metastases spreads into pancreas;
- metastases into the liver are ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity);
- sudden weight loss down to cachexia (complete exhaustion);
- gastric hemorrhage.
Diagnostics of gastric cancer in Israel
- gastroscopy with following biopsy (esophagogastroduodenoscopy) is a main diagnostic method. It evaluates the mucosa, examines suspicious area, samples biomaterial;
- histology allows to confirm a diagnosis and specify invasiveness degree of the process;
- abdominal ultrasound informs about location of a tumor and presence of large metastases;
- multi-layer spiral CT, PET-CT allow to evaluate prevalence of the process;
- MRI gives detailed information about tumor structure, level of its penetration into the tissues (for ulcerous form of disease);
- blood tests can show involvement of pancreas and liver into malignant process.
Stomach cancer stages
Stage 1 gastric cancer
Stage 2 stomach cancer
Growth into submucous – a part of the stomach is removed
Stage 3 stomach cancer
Stage 4 stomach cancer
Penetrates into muscular layer – total gastrectomy
Spreads into neighboring organs – palliative treatment
Methods of stomach cancer treatment in Israel
- endoscopic treatment at early stages. Is indicated for polyposis – maligned polyp is removed;
- partial gastrectomy. A part of the organ with precancer or stage 1-2 cancer is removed and the patency is restored. Advantage of this method consists in preserving of deposit and partially digestive function of the organ;
- total gastrectomy includes complete removal of the stomach and all affected organs and tissues. Considering, that cancer with this localization spreads quickly (good blood supply, lymph efflux), some cases require removal of the spleen, intestinal loops, pancreas, lobe of the liver. Plastic surgeries after gastrectomy consist in restoration of the patency (application of anastomoses or formation of stoma);
- prior to the surgery and after it a patient undergoes courses of chemotherapy combined with beam exposure. Israeli doctors practice innovative methods for introduction of cytostatic drugs that significantly increases survival and treatment success rate for gastric cancer patients.
Rehabilitation after gastrectomy, prevention of stomach cancer relapse
It includes specific diet, split meals and attention of relatives. Walking outside, gymnastics (using abdominal bandage) are recommended. Adhesion of aponeurosis takes 5-6 months, a patient can have constipation and nausea during this period.
During the first year a patient has to visit oncologist each 3 months. Later - each 6 months.
Gastric cancer treatment cost in Israel
- relatively low percent of relapses after the treatment in hospitals of Israel allows to reduce total cost of a therapy;
- cost of services in cancer centers in Israel are 20% less than the same in Germany, Switzerland or the USA;
- price of the treatment for stomach cancer (including proper type of gastrectomy) can be found in advance. The same with diagnostic procedures.
Shaare Zedek Medical Center is number one hospital in Jerusalem. It was established more than a hundred years ago but is continuously evolving and expanding even now. The statistics says that the hospital takes over 250,000 patients annually. Everyone who refers to Shaare Zedek Medical Center will be surely treated by highly-qualified specialists and within comfortable and warm atmosphere. This Clinic works in numerous directions and has the most popular Maternity Department in the country.
The Ramat Aviv Medical Center is one of the largest and leading private medical centers of Israel, specializing in the field of medical diagnostics, multidisciplinary surgery, cosmetology.The hospital uses all the innovative technologies in the field of surgery, cosmetology and radioisotope research.
State Hospital Edith Wolfson is a quality and high technology in medicine, annually attract more patients from around the world.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quick...
In January, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was shocked, and with trembling hands I began to search for treatment options. From the first minute of conversation with a representative of honey. I...
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Soroka Medical Center is the multidisciplinary medical complex in Israel. For patients of this clinic are available latest technology and equipment through which they are able to diagnosis disease at the earliest dates. Every year there carried about 30 thousand operations. The hospital serves more than 60% of Israel. According to numerous reviews, Soroka hospital helped a huge number of patients. Bookimed provides for you opportunity of treatment without intermediaries in this medical center.
Kaplan Medical Center is branch of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which is located in Rehovot almost near Tel Aviv. This clinic is multidisciplinary medical complex. There are 23 departments. In addition, the center arrange the collection and storage of bone marrow cells for use in onco-hematology treatment. Bookimed provides for you opportunity of treatment without intermediaries in this medical center.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply