Stomach removal is performed using Da Vinci robotic system
Surgical treatment of stomach cancer at Anadolu Medical Center is provided by Professor Fatih Agalar - one of the most qualified oncologists of Turkey. Dr. Agalar performs 4-5 robotic-assisted operations per week and over 5 other surgeries.
Diagnostic cost depends on peculiarities of disease and procedures which were provided before.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|MRI||530 - 600 $|
|Biochemical blood analysis||280 - 320 $|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||940 $|
|Consultation of a gastroenterologist||120 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||120 $|
|Consultation of a radiologist|
|Gastroscopy + biopsy||1069 $|
Treatment cost depends on type of the surgery - standard or robotic-assisted gastrectomy.
Gastrectomy provided by Da Vinci robotic system is minimally invasive surgery that enables quick recovery of a patient. Absence of large postoperative scars speeds up this process. In-hospital stay of a patient lasts 7 days.
Price of a robotic-assisted surgery includes: anaesthesia, consultation of anaesthesiologist, blood tests, 7 days of in-hospital stay for a patient and accompanying person, 1 day at ICU, histologic examination, medication and expendables.
|Gastrectomy||15200 - 21000 $|
The world’s first “antibacterial hospital”
Walls of the Hospital have a special antibacterial coverage which was developed by Yeditepe University Research Department.
Yeditepe is the largest multispecialized medical center in Turkey. Annually it accepts about 30,000 patients from 70 countries. The Hospital has JCI certificate (international “golden standard” from medical services).
Gastric cancer diagnostics includes consultation with oncologist and PET-CT and complete blood tests (biochemistry and for oncomarkers). Sometimes additional examination is required.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Biochemical blood analysis||420 - 450 $|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||200 $|
Chemotherapy cost is given for 1 course. Price of surgery depends on the method of operation and its area (complete or partial removal of organ).
|Gastrectomy||15000 - 20000 $|
Stomach cancer symptoms
Stomach cancer is a malignant tumor that develops from cells of the stomach.
Oncologists in Turkey recommend to carry out preventive diagnostics of the disease before the manifestation of extensive symptoms. Therefore, it is important to visit doctor as soon as possible, as at the later stages the expert will make the diagnosis by the following symptoms of the disease:
- Absence of appetite;
- Pain in the stomach;
- Black stool;
- A significant weight loss;
- Nausea, vomiting with “coffee grounds”;
Diagnostics of gastric cancer in Turkey
Modern high-tech methods of esophagogastroduodenoscopy, biopsy, X-ray, MRI, PET-CT diagnose the stages of gastric cancer:
- Stage 0 – cancer in situ;
- 1A – tumor cells are found in the gastric mucosa and the lymphatic system.
- 1B – the tumor cells spread into the wall of the stomach and lymph nodes;
- 2 – the tumor cells are in the 8-15 lymph nodes or 6 lymph nodes and muscle tissue of the stomach, or in the outer walls of the stomach.
- 3A – cancer spreads to the muscle layer of the stomach wall, affecting more than 10 lymph nodes;
- 3B – the tumor has spread to the outer wall of the stomach and 15 surrounding lymph nodes.
- 4 – the tumor penetrates into other organs and metastasize to the distant lymph nodes.
Methods of treatment of gastric cancer in Turkey
Oncologists In Turkey successfully carry out therapy of gastric cancer and make treatment programs according to the stage of cancer:
- Stage 0-1A - minimally invasive endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries, including a unique transvaginal (for women) resection of the stomach with the use of the da Vinci robot.
- Stage 1B-2-3A - surgery with pre- and postoperative chemotherapy with modern drugs and radiation therapy system;
- Stage 3B - radical surgery with neoadjuvant chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy; if stomach cancer is inoperable, only systemic therapy is applied;
- Stage 4 - palliative care and relief of pain, bleeding, symptomatic relief to the patient's life.
Cost of stomach cancer treatment in Turkey
- The cost of treatment of gastric cancer in Turkey is calculated on the basis of the treatment program for each stage of the disease, the general state of health and the cost of the required examinations.
- The price of oncology treatment in Turkey is less than the similar treatment in Europe and the USA, at the same time Turkish experts are some of the leaders in the treatment of cancer in the world.
Patients from around the world can be treated in clinics of Turkey without paying any commission to intermediaries due to the Bookimed service.
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.
- Why Medipol Clinic is one of the leading centers for gastric cancer treatment?
- What are the methods of gastric cancer diagnostics in Medipol Clinic?
- What are the prices for gastric cancer diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
- What are the methods of gastric cancer treatment in Medipol Clinic?
Why Medipol Clinic is one of the leading centers for gastric cancer treatment?
The standard treatment of gastric cancer in Medipol Hospital include several treatment options, which combine surgical methods and the latest chemotherapeutic agents, non-surgical and radiological techniques, and targeted therapy, and various types of radiation. In some cases, the combined application of chemoradiation exposure allows to take radical surgical treatment for a patient. Under the guidance of the leading gastric oncologists in the country Dr. Cem Aygün, who has saved hund hundreds of patients around the world.
What are the methods of gastric cancer diagnostics in Medipol Clinic?
- Ultrasound of the abdomen and/or chest;
- Complete blood count, including tumor markers and detailed examination by the doctors;
- Endoscopy with biopsy and cytology, which provides gastric cancer diagnostics in 95-99% of cases;
- CT, MT, PET-CT of the abdomen.
What are the prices for gastric cancer diagnostics in Medipol Hospital?
The cost starts from $ 2,600 and is formed individually for each patient. You can now get your personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
Examination lasts from 3 to 5 days.
What are the methods of gastric cancer treatment in Medipol Clinic?
The Cancer Center in Medipol uses both traditional treatment therapies for stomach cancer (surgery, medication, radiation) and interventional radiology practices, and the latest medical technology such as the Da Vinci robot, Nano Knife, Cyber Knife.
To successful treatment it is important not only combine chemotherapeutic agents and different methods of stomach cancer treatment, but also a certain sequence of their application. Patients are given the most advanced cancer care, including advanced medical technologies such as:
- transarterial chemoembolization;
- laser and radiofrequency hyperthermic ablation;
- Ultrasonic thermal ablation;
- Nano Knife ablation;
- Focused radiation exposure by modern and safe linear accelerators.
- Why do patient go to Memorial Hospital to treat stomach cancer?
- What is the diagnostics for stomach cancer in Memorial Clinic?
- What is the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
- What methods of the stomach cancer treatment are applied in Memorial?
The approach of professionals in Memorial Hospital differs from other hospitals by precisely planned post-surgical monitoring: monthly control of the general and local statuses during first 6 months, full diagnostics every 3 months afterwards, in a year PET-CT every 6 months, in 5 years – one full diagnostics per annum.
The clinical oncologists also develop the individual monitoring rhythm while a patient is discharging from the Hospital.
Memorial applies both traditional treatment methods of stomach cancer and newest medical technologies. There are only a few hospitals in the world that apply the newest high-tech methods of cancer and metastases treatment.
What is the diagnostics for stomach cancer in Memorial Clinic?
The combination of the endoscopy with PET-CT and double-contrast CT enables the clarification of the process progress and disease stage.
In some cases the endoscopic ultrasound and laparoscopy are conducted to make the final decision on the volume of surgery and resectability. The obligatory procedures are the abdominal ultrasound and/or chest, complete blood count, incl. tumor markers.
What is the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
The cost of starts from USD 3,500. The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage. Contact Bookimed doctor to specify exact price for treatment and diagnostic procedures.
What methods of the stomach cancer treatment are applied in Memorial?
Memorial Oncological Center applies both traditional treatment methods of stomach cancer (surgical, drug and radiation therapy), and the methods of interventional radiology and brand new methods like DaVinci Surgical System, NanoKnife and CyberKnife. The successful treatment of stomach cancer means the combination of chemotherapy and different methods of treatment, as well as the certain sequence of their application. The high rates of the efficient treatment in Memorial Hospital are provided by non-surgical interventional treatment of stomach cancer, including such advanced medical technologies as:
- transarterial chemoembolization;
- lazer and radio frequency hyperthermic ablation;
- ultrasound thermoablation;
- NanoKnife ablation;
- focused radiation exposure by means of modern and safe linear accelerators.
- Why Acibadem Hospital is a good choice for the treatment of stomach cancer?
- What are the methods of stomach cancer diagnostics in Acibadem Hospital?
- What is the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics in Acibadem Hospital?
- Methods of stomach cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic
Acibadem Hospitals Group is the partner of the leading healthcare organizations in the US, i.e. Harvard Medical School. Acibadem was the first clinic which has implemented the intraoperative MRI diagnostics, while the results of the use of devices with a capacity of 3 Tesla became a technological breakthrough.
The world-known doctors and professors, including Prof. F. Niran Senel Beze operate in Acibadem. The prices for stomach cancer diagnostics and surgery are reasonably less than in Germany or Israel, while the efficiency rates are kept at the same level. The curability of stomach cancer of the 1st-3rd stages is about 50%,
The following methods of suspected stomach cancer are used in Acibadem Clinic:
- Physical examination, i.e. checkup, percussion, palpation and auscultation of the abdomen and peripheral lymph nodes;
- general blood and stool testing;
- stomach X-ray;
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy (a fine flexible tube with illumination (endoscope) is applied to inspect the inside of the stomach);
- biopsy to confirm the tumor cells in the organ;
- X-ray of the chest to detect metastasis in the lungs;
- PET-CT, MRI, endoscopic ultrasound;
- cytological analysis;
What is the cost of stomach cancer diagnostics in Acibadem Hospital?
The cost starts from USD 3,000. The diagnostic examinations and total cost depends on the disease stage. You may clarify the price for treatment and diagnostic procedures on Bookimed website.
Methods of stomach cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic
The main treatment method at Acibadem is the surgery. The partial (subtotal) gastrectomy is held when the tumors are located in the distal parts of stomach (the surrounding lymph nodes are also removed). Doctors conduct the subtotal proximal (upper) resection and subtotal distal (lower) resection.
The total gastrectomy is conducted after the removal of the entire stomach, regional lymph nodes, and duodenum. As a rule, the spleen is removed as well. The minimal invasive surgery is also successfully provided at the hospital: endoscopic mucosal resection and laparoscopic surgery in certain types of the disease, when surgery is performed through several punctures of the abdominal wall by means of special tools and manipulators, which significantly reduces the invasiveness of the surgery.
The brand new methods of chemo- and radiotherapy, i.e. Rapidarc, Trilogy, LIAC are held additionally.