One of the best German surgeon operates at Nordwest
Prof. Thomas W. Kraus is included in top surgeons list according to Focus 2011, 2013, 2014. Professor has conducted over 3,000 surgeries.
Nordwest specialists are co-founders of the University Center for Tumor Diseases (UCT) - one of the leading institutions dealing with cancer patients.
The diagnostic program is performed within 5-7 working days outpatiently. It includes blood tests (complete, for tumor markers), ECG, ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs, CT (of 2 sections), X-ray, MRI of the abdominal cavity.
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic|
|Consultation of a surgeon||480 €|
|Gastroscopy + biopsy||2300 €|
Specific catheters for chemotherapy are paid separately. The cost of the course of chemotherapy is lower if the procedure is performed on outpatient basis.
|Chemotherapy||2500 - 4300 €|
Experienced abdominal surgeons at Asklepios
Annually 2,700 patients with abdominal pathologies are operated in the Department of Visceral Surgery.
The Clinic has its own pharmacological center to produce medications. This helps a patient to be sure in a quality and originals of medications and gives possibility to provide individual combination of ingredients and dosage.
To make the final conclusion Asklepios specialists use the following researches:
- blood test for tumor markers;
- gastroscopy (combined with a biopsy);
- HD-endoscopy for diagnostic and interventional endoscopy;
- endosonography which allows to determine the stage of the tumor before the surgery;
- contrast ultrasound (CEUs);
- capsule endoscopy (examination with the use of a capsule with a camera).
Detection of latent metastases is performed using:
- radionuclide (nuclear) bone scan.
In-hospital stay for gastric cancer diagnostics lasts 10 day.
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic|
Individual treatment plans are created according to the stage and peculiarities of the tumour. Asklepios doctors apply the following methods to treat gastric cancer:
- laparoscopic operations (minimally invasive technique through the smallest incisions);
- robotic assisted surgery;
- radical surgery for cancer pathologies;
- radiation exposure;
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy||7000 €|
Specialized certified center for the stomach cancer treatment
The Center of Gastrointestinal Diseases at Solingen is certified by the German Cancer Society.
Solingen is a large academic complex, consisting of specialized institutions and interdisciplinary centers. The Clinic accepts over 60,000 patients per year.
Diagnostics and treatment of pathologies of the digestive system are the main specialty of the Clinic of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery.
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic|
|Consultation of a gastroenterologist|
|Consultation of a surgeon|
|Biochemical blood analysis|
At the early stage when gastric cancer is located only in mucous membrane, the tumor is removed with laparoscopic surgery. Resection is conducted in terms of gastroscopy with specified endoscope. In other cases the following methods are applied:
- endoscopic stomach resection (partial removal);
- total laparoscopic gasterectomy (full removal) with the following organ reconstruction from small intestine tissues.
Bremen Mitte is one of the largest centers for cancer diagnostics and treatment in Germany
The Clinic for Surgery closely cooperates with the Clinic for Radiation Therapy and Radiooncology, the Blood Donation Service, the Clinic for Radiological Diagnostics and the Center for Laboratory Medicine making the process of treatment and diagnostics overall.
The complete examination is conducted on outpatient basis. The results are given during 14 days.
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic|
The surgeries are performed laparoscopically by means of Da Vinci robotic system of the latest generation with the express histology (biopsy during the surgery). The in-hospital period of stay is 7 days.
The cost for Chemotherapy is indicated for 1 treatment cycle.
A specific feature of the Clinic is the mandatory deposit of 100%.
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
- Experts in stomach cancer treatment
- Diagnostics methods
- Total diagnostic cost
- Treatment methods of the stomach cancer at Charité
Charité is one of the best hospitals for bowel cancer early detection and therapy. The individual treatment programs are developed for each patient by the cooperation of oncologists, radiotherapists and gastroenterologists.
Who is the expert in stomach cancer treatment at Charité?
One of the best European oncologists operate at First Surgical Hospital at Benjamin Franklin Charité Campus in Berlin - Prof. Dr. Heinz-Johannes Buhr. The professional medical team working under his supervision pays a great attention to the minimal invasive technologies in bowel surgery, as well as the usage of laser and high-frequency current for metastases affection liver treatment. He manages thousands of successful procedures on stomach cancer annually.
What are the diagnostics methods of stomach cancer at Charité?
- double-contrast stomach X-ray, esophagogastroduodenal fibroscopy followed by scarification cytology and biopsy (or the revision of previoiusly held biopsy);
- detailed blood testings: chest X-ray;
- MRI, CT, abdominal ultrasound.
The endoscopic echo or diagnostic laparoscopy is held in disputable cases when the slight ascites and/or affection of the peritoneum is suspected.
What is the cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Charité?
The total diagnostic cost stats from 4,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of the stomach cancer at Charité?
The medical care program is developed individually for each patient only and it usually includes several methods. The main method is the surgery to remove the tumor and partial or total gastrectomy (stomach removal).
Sometimes besides that the lymph node dessection, liver lobe, intestinal loops and spleen resection is required.
The endoscopic resection is possible to be held at the early stages of the disease - a sparing surgery, i.e. all surgical manipulations are held by endoscopic equipment.
Chemotherapy or radiotherapy might be appointed before or after the surgery (either external irradiation or the brachytherapy).
The palliative surgery is held at the latter stages: imposition of gastric bypass, endoscopic ablation of tumors, stenting, gastrostomy, installation probe for enteral nutrition.
- Diagnostic methods of stomach cancer
- Cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital
- Treatment methods
Why Dusseldorf University Hospital is considered to be one of the leading centers in stomach cancer treatment?
The professional oncologists of this hospital, who have the access to the modern equipment, years of experience and the target generation of experts in this area - all this leads to high results of the held treatment and dicrease of the relaps risks.
The high-precisive diagnostics is the key to achieve the desirable result. Thousands of surgeries on stomach cancer treatment are held at Department for Oncology, and the exact dosage of chemotherapy dosage is calculated.
Who is the expert in stomach cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
Prof. Dr. med. Dieter Häussinger is the world-known oncologist who is the head of Department for Gastroenterology at Dusseldorf University Hospital. He is known all over Europe as the author of over 500 scientific editions and co-author of over 10 books, member of various committees, academies and international medical associations.
What are the diagnostic methods of stomach cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
- detailed blood testing, incl. tumor markers;
- endoscopy and biopsy with hystological expertise;
- stomach ultrasound;
- chest X-ray to detect the metastases in lungs;
- CT and MRI to detect any pathological processes or tumors;
- PET to assure the chemotherapy efficiency for stomach cancer treatment.
What is the cost for stomach cancer diagnostics at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The total cost varies from 4,000 to 7,000 USD.
What are the treatment methods of stomach cancer at Dusseldorf University Hospital?
The surgical resection, radiotherapy or chemotherapy may be appointed for the stomach cancer treatment at Dusseldorf University Hospital. The combination of these methods is often applied. Many patients are offered the opportunity to participate in the experimental methods of treatment.
- At the arly stages, i.e. initial cancer or 1st stage, the treatment consists of the resection of a part of stomach or the entire stomach removal and the surrounding lymph nodes. The removal of the lymph nodes (lymphadenectomy) plays a great role as the preliminary tumor spreads usually through the lymphatic system.
- If the cancer has spreaded onto the outer wall or the lymph nodes (2nd or 3rd stage), the chemotherapy or the radiotherapy is appointed after the surgery.
- If the stomach cancer has spreaded all over the surrounding organs or blood vessels, or over the distant organs (4th stage), the stomach resection surgery (gastrectomy) is not held.