The best CyberKnife hospitals are listed below. The latest CyberKnife modifications — M6 and VSI — are used there. 1-5 sessions are required for treatment.
Submit a request on Bookimed, and our manager will contact you to arrange the treatment and answer all your questions.
Bookimed services do not affect the CyberKnife treatment cost. You pay the bill right at the chosen medical center.
- Anadolu is equipped with the latest modification of CyberKnife M6. It influences a tumor with a high accuracy destroying its body and DNA.
- CyberKnife M6 adapts itself to a patient’s breath, so healthy tissues are not damaged. The duration of treatment cycles is 15-30 minutes — 2 times shorter than applying the previous CyberKnife models.
- The cancer treatment on CyberKnife M6 cost at Anadolu is about 20-30% lower than in European hospitals.
- Anadolu is accredited by the Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI) for the application of the latest cancer treatment methods. There are only 31 OECI-accredited medical centers in the world.
- Anadolu Medical Center is a partner of Johns Hopkins Hospitals, the best medical cancer facility in the USA according to U.S. News & World Report magazine.
Request to Bookimed to get a cost estimate of CyberKnife treatment in your case.
4 days for arrangement
- The latest CyberKnife M6 is used for treatment at Medipol. This device adapts to the patient's movements and irradiates tumor precisely without damaging healthy tissues.
- Medipol is the largest hospital in Turkey regarding the number of departments. 1,600 patients are served at the center every day.
- The hospital is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), a global organization that controls the quality level of medical services around the world.
- The CyberKnife cost at Medipol is pointed for 1 session. Submit a request to get a personalized treatment quote.
CyberKnife procedure is performed in the Radiotherapy Department of Apollo Hospital. The onco-radiologists carry out the procedure.
Apollo doctors use CyberKnife as an alternative to surgical intervention. The device affects the tumor with a high dose of radiation. The instrument adapts to patient’s movements (breathing).
The accuracy of irradiation is up to 0.5 mm. The procedure is performed under the control of CT.
1 treatment session lasts 2-4 hours. The process is applied on an outpatient basis. After the procedure, a patient may come back home.
CyberKnife is a system for quick and accurate non-surgical treatment of the brain, lung, prostate tumors. CyberKnife unit is produced by Accuray American company which regularly improves a device to make it more effective, comfortable, and safe for a patient. Nowadays, there are 4 generations of CyberKnife. M6 and VSI are the latest.
The procedure is painless and does not require the incisions. The treatment principle is based on the targeted influence of radioactive irradiation on a malignant tissue.
What diseases are treated with CyberKnife?
The system influences benign and malignant tumors in any part of the body. It is applied to treat:
- brain pathologies (meningioma, angioma, acoustic neuroma, uveal melanoma, trigeminal neuralgia)
- spine pathologies (meningioma, neurinoma)
- cancer (lung, liver, kidney, prostate)
- metastases (brain, spinal, lung, liver, kidney, prostate).
The location of the tumor affects the average cost of CyberKnife treatment.
Indications for CyberKnife therapy:
- small tumor with clear boundaries located in the organ with dense structure (the liver, lung, brain)
- impossibility to conduct open surgery because of hard-to-reach tumor location or patient’s health condition
- relapse of cancer disease.
Contraindications for treatment:
- neoplasm over 4 cm
- an absence of clear visualization of a tumor
- tumors of hollow organs
- individual patients’ features.
Side effects appear rarely. Fatigue, nausea, small swelling in the area of irradiation may occur. The tissues are not damaged.
How to choose CyberKnife center?
While choosing a hospital for CyberKnife treatment, pay attention to:
- CyberKnife modification. Most hospitals are equipped with CyberKnife M6 or VSI. M6 is the newest modification, has higher accuracy, adapts to a patient breath and movement during irradiation. VSI is a previous model of CyberKnife M6; it also influences a tumor accurately but is less adaptive. So if you need the treatment with the latest CyberKnife M6, chose hospitals where it is used. Pay attention that the price of treatment, in this case, may be higher.
- CyberKnife treatment cost. The price is not a key factor to choose a CyberKnife center. Very often, the CyberKnife surgery cost may be higher, but is performed on the older device. For instance, the procedure cost on the latest CyberKnife M6 in Turkey may be 20-30% cheaper than on the older modifications applied in Germany. The price policy in a hospital significantly depends on the local citizens’ income within a particular country, not a quality of medical services.
- Hospital location. If you want to get to the chosen hospital as soon as possible and feel comfortable, do not choose medical centers in the countries far from your native one.
If you have questions regarding CyberKnife center, submit a request on Bookimed.
What does the CyberKnife treatment cost depend on?
The price of CyberKnife treatment is affected by the following factors:
- CyberKnife modification. The treatment with CyberKnife M6 will 10-15% higher than with CyberKnife VSI (older modification). However, the characteristics of these devices are about the same, but CyberKnife M6 provides the most precise irradiation.
- The place for treatment. The CyberKnife treatment cost differs from country to country. European hospitals offer the same procedure 2 times more expensive than Turkish ones. It is determined by general price policy within the states. You can get treatment by CyberKnife M6 (the newest modification) in Turkey 50% cheaper than on CyberKnife VSI (older modification) in Germany or Spain.
If you need to know how much CyberKnife treatment costs in your case, submit a request.
What does the cost of CyberKnife treatment include?
The prices for CyberKnife treatment given on this page are pointed per a session. Only 1 cycle of irradiation is required. The cost usually includes the procedure itself.
Such additional services as accommodation, transfer, medical examination, consultation with a doctor, are paid additionally.
What is the average cost of CyberKnife treatment?
The average cost of CyberKnife treatment is $10,600 according to the data provided by hospitals. Depending on the country and medical center, the price may be lower or higher.
How long does the CyberKnife treatment last?
The treatment course consists of 1 CyberKnife session. The duration of session is 30-120 minutes. The CyberKnife treatment cost depends on the therapy length.
How is CyberKnife treatment performed?
Preparation for CyberKnife treatment
A patient undergoes MRI, CT or PET-CT before CyberKnife therapy. A doctor may administer special markers inside or near the tumor to increase the accuracy of influence.
CyberKnife operation process
During the operation, a patient is placed on the special table. He/she breathes calm and tries not to move. The irradiation starts. A computer regulates the location of the linear accelerator and intensity of irradiation. Patients with claustrophobia and children are sedated with light drugs.
After the procedure
A patient returns home in several hours after the procedure. In the case of oncological diseases treatment, additional medical observation may be required. The following 6-9 months a tumor reduces up to the complete disappearance.
CyberKnife vs GammaKnife: pros and cons
GammaKnife is a precursor of CyberKnife. GammaKnife cannot adapt to the movements of a patient and requires the fixation of the body while CyberKnife does. This allows affecting the pathology more precise without damaging healthy cells.
Innovative CyberKnife units control patient’s movements (i.g. breathing) and accurately irradiate a tumor.
CyberKnife can be applied as a primary treatment option for early stages of an oncological disease. It also can be combined with surgical treatment and chemotherapy.
How to get treatment by CyberKnife in the shortest term?
- Compare the CyberKnife hospitals listed on this page and choose the most adequate for you.
- Submit a request specifying your medical problem and purpose of the treatment.
- Bookimed manager contacts you and schedule your treatment in the chosen CyberKnife hospital.
Bookimed services are free for a patient. We cooperate with best medical facilities worldwide directly.
How much does CyberKnife cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the CyberKnife individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final CyberKnife cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
16 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate CyberKnife cost is:
- The average cost is $12,000. The lowest price is $7,500 and the highest — $18,000.
- Sourasky specialists apply the newest CyberKnife M6 produced by Accuray American company. It affects a tumor with a high dose of radiation. The healthy tissues are not affected.
- Sourasky Medical Center cooperates with European and American colleagues to develop new treatment options for cancer. Israeli Ministry of Health checks the inventions to implement them in the hospitals. It means patients receive access to the latest therapies.
- Sourasky is in Top 10 the most popular hospitals list for medical tourism in the world according to Newsweek, an authoritative American edition. 220,00 international patients choose Sourasky annually.
Submit a request to get a price for treatment with CyberKnife.
Wooridul Hospital is a specialized network of hospitals with experience in treating more than 30 years, which is a world leader in the treatment of diseases of the spine today. Wooridul Hospital meets the highest international standards. It is an international hospital is the best of the World by the Medical Tourism Association.
- Severance Hospital is a partner Johns Hopkins and Anderson Cancer Centers, the top ones in the USA. American cancer treatment standards are used at Severance.
- The CyberKnife price at Severance is 2-3 times lower than in America.
- 4 mln patients prefer treatment at Severance annually.
Request to Bookimed to get a personalized cost estimate of CyberKnife treatment in your case.
Charité is the most famous university hospital in the whole Europe which was founded yet in 1710. The majority of patients choosing treatment in Germany prefer this clinic because of its high popularity and good reviews. International patients are not a priority for Charité, so patients from other countries should be prepared for long terms of application processing and absence of foreign patients reception service.
Asan Hospital (Asan Medical Center) is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in South Korea, which can serve 2,700 patients at once.
The key specialties in the hospital are organ transplant, oncology, cardiology, and cardiac surgery. Almost half of all heart transplants in South Korea are carried out (45%) at Asan. The success of organ transplants ranges from 90%.
Every day, 11,800 outpatients and 2,550 inpatients are treated in Asan Hospital. Medical tourists from the USA, China, the UAE, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia choose Asan Hospital.
BLK Hospital is one of the largest private clinics and is ranked among top 10 Multi Super Specialty Hospitals in Delhi. The Hospital specializes in bone marrow transplant, cancer treatment, bariatric surgery and cardiology. BLK Hospital monitors innovations and uses the analogues of modern diagnostic and therapeutic equipment of the best European hospitals.
- VSI CyberKnife model is used at Medanta to treat benign and malignant tumors. It is a penultimate model of CyberKnife which provides a precise irradiation of a tumor.
- Medanta doctors implement US quality of treatment to become a leader in medical tourism.
- The hospital is accredited by JCI that confirms Medanta's compliance with strict international treatment standards.
- The cost of CyberKnife treatment at Medanta is 2-3 times lower than in European hospitals due to the price policy in India.
Fill in a form on Bookimed to get a personalized cost estimate of CyberKnife treatment.
- Medicana doctors apply CyberKnife M6 to treat benign and malignant tumors. This is the latest and most precise modification of CyberKnife device.
- The hospital is JCI-accredited. This means that the quality of medical care at Medicana complies with the strict world standards.
- The cost of CyberKnife treatment in this Turkish hospital is about 1.5-3 times lower than in European ones due to a general price policy.
Submit a request to get a price for CyberKnife treatment.
The European Institute of Oncology (Istituto Europeo di Oncologia – IEO) specializes in the early diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer. For its high professionalism, the staff of the Institute was marked “highly recommended” for their services by International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) - widely renowned independent digest that provides expert opinion on medical tourism destinations. Among other awards are Italy Top Employers, European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) certification, Hospital Benchmarking Award. More than 100,000 patients are treated in the Hospital annually.
Sigulda Hospital is the leading medical center in the field of bariatric surgeries in Latvia. Specialists of the Clinic perform only planned operations. The Hospital does not accept emergent patients. Sigulda Clinic is one of the best hospitals in Europe due to high-quality standards of medical services that helps a patient to avoid infections when undergoing diagnostic and treatment procedures.
The Hirslanden Private Hospital Group is the largest medical network in Switzerland. It provides medical services of all specialties in 11 regions of the country incl. baby delivery, cardiology and cancer treatment, orthopaedics.