- Diagnostics of pituitary (hypophyseal) adenoma
- Methods of treatment of pituitary adenomas
- Сost of treatment in Assuta Clinic
Why do patients with pituitary adenoma go for treatment to Assuta Hospital?
The Head of the Department of Neurosurgery is Professor Zvi Rappoport, who is also the President of the World Academy of Neurological Surgery. He is a leading expert on the brain microsurgery, cancer of the central nervous system. Assuta Hospital also cooperates with Professor of Neurosurgery Zvi Ram, who has performed more than 2 million of brain surgeries.
What is the procedure of diagnostics of pituitary adenoma?
- To determine the general picture of the patients, doctors use craniography or standard X-ray examination;
- Brain tumors are best determined by means of MRI - the clinic is fitted with the powerful (1.5 Tesla), high field scanners. The devices determine not only the size and location of adenomas, but also the risk of malignization (prior to histology);
- Multislice CT is used to evaluate brain function and to visualize the vascular pattern and blood flow in real time.
Treatment of hypophyseal adenoma in Israel on the basis of Assuta Medical Center
- Sparing endoscopic surgery (endonasal transsphenoidal approach), when the tumor is removed through a nasal passage and the ethmoid bone in the skull;
- If the disease is malignant - expanded transcranial approach is applied;
- CyberKnife system as a radiosurgical method of tumor removal is widely applied in the clinic;
- Hormonal agents are appointed to stabilize the tumor and prevent recurrence.
The cost for the diagnostics and treatment depends on the spreading of the disease, the type of access and some other factors. You can find out the exact cost for services of Assuta Medical Center at the website of Bookimed.