Treatment of hypophyseal adenoma in Israel
Overall rating by
I found out about this clinic on line,got in touch and went in for a specific treatment that they arehighly rated for with Dr. Elizur. Our initial contact,I trusted it will be helpful for me. I payed...
- Diagnostics of pituitary (hypophyseal) adenoma
- Methods of treatment of pituitary adenomas
- Сost of treatment in Assuta Clinic
Why do patients with pituitary adenoma go for treatment to Assuta Hospital?
The Head of the Department of Neurosurgery is Professor Zvi Rappoport, who is also the President of the World Academy of Neurological Surgery. He is a leading expert on the brain microsurgery, cancer of the central nervous system. Assuta Hospital also cooperates with Professor of Neurosurgery Zvi Ram, who has performed more than 2 million of brain surgeries.
What is the procedure of diagnostics of pituitary adenoma?
- To determine the general picture of the patients, doctors use craniography or standard X-ray examination;
- Brain tumors are best determined by means of MRI - the clinic is fitted with the powerful (1.5 Tesla), high field scanners. The devices determine not only the size and location of adenomas, but also the risk of malignization (prior to histology);
- Multislice CT is used to evaluate brain function and to visualize the vascular pattern and blood flow in real time.
Treatment of hypophyseal adenoma in Israel on the basis of Assuta Medical Center
- Sparing endoscopic surgery (endonasal transsphenoidal approach), when the tumor is removed through a nasal passage and the ethmoid bone in the skull;
- If the disease is malignant - expanded transcranial approach is applied;
- CyberKnife system as a radiosurgical method of tumor removal is widely applied in the clinic;
- Hormonal agents are appointed to stabilize the tumor and prevent recurrence.
The cost for the diagnostics and treatment depends on the spreading of the disease, the type of access and some other factors. You can find out the exact cost for services of Assuta Medical Center at the website of Bookimed.
Cost of procedures regarding treatment of Hypophyseal adenoma in Israel
Consultation of a neurosurgeonFromUp to
EEG (Electroencephalography)FromUp to
- In Hadassah Medical Center prices are 17% lower
- Average response time is 5 days
So far am very pleased and encouraged by the reception and the consultation so far done. All the way from communication back and forth to guidance for invitation, VISA and payments Arrangement for tra...
Head of Neurosurgery Department
- Diagnostics of pituitary (hypophyseal) adenoma
- Methods of treatment in Sourasky Hospital
- Cost of pituitary adenoma treatment in Ichilov Hospital
Why should patient with a pituitary adenoma go for treatment to Ichilov Clinic?
- Neurosurgery Department of Sourasky Center is justifiably considered as one of the best in Israel. However, this is a general expression, but years of hard work are behind it: neuro-oncologist examines patients in Sourasky Hospital. This is a new expert in medicine, who explores the degree of the tumor effect on brain function, and decides whether it is possible to perform the surgery;
- different neuronavigation systems, radiosurgical treatments and the latest diagnostic equipment are applicable;
- the Head of the Department Professor Zvi Ram is a world expert in microsurgery and minimally invasive (the savest for the patient) brain removal of tumors. During his career, he has made more than 2 thousand surgeries in his specialty;
- analysis of the patient's medical history is performed by the medical council. The multidisciplinary approach in the Sourasky Clinic help to provide maximally comprehensive analysis if the disease impact and its possible consequences for the person;
- statistics of successful surgeries with the diagnosis of pituitary adenoma in the state clinic of Sourasky: surgery risk is 2.5%.
After the examination and consultation of a neurosurgeon, a patient needs to pass the following examinations:
- MRI of the brain to identify the location, sizes and type of tumor;
- Ophthalmological examination;
- Spiral CT;
- Blood tests for tumor markers;
- X-ray craniography.
What are the kinds of pituitary adenoma treatment at Ichilov Medical Center?
- Endonasal access through the ethmoid bone is a sparing endoscopic surgery (is performed by means of probe through the nasal passages);
- Intracranial (standard neurosurgical) access if the disease is spread or there are any complications;
Treatment also includes a system of CyberKnife to maximally save the healthy tissues.
- Radiotherapy, brachytherapy;
- Chemotherapy, including the target one;
- Hormone therapy and other drugs for the conservative control of the tumor.
What is the cost for treatment of pituitary adenomas in Israel?
Neurosurgical surgeries are among the most expensive, but Ichilov Medical Center provides an individual approach to each case. Bookimed coordinators will give you the information on the prices for the services of Ichilov (Sourasky) State Clinic.
Elisha Hospital in Israel (Haifa) is one of the best private multidisciplinary hospitals in Israel, which provides services in all medical fields at the highest level, both Israeli citizens and foreigners.Elisha Medical Center is located in a central area in the city of Haifa, located on the Mediterranean coast, was founded in 1935, and throughout its long history of existence enjoyed an impeccable reputation among patients.
Shaare Zedek Medical Center is number one hospital in Jerusalem. It was established more than a hundred years ago but is continuously evolving and expanding even now. The statistics says that the hospital takes over 250,000 patients annually. Everyone who refers to Shaare Zedek Medical Center will be surely treated by highly-qualified specialists and within comfortable and warm atmosphere. This Clinic works in numerous directions and has the most popular Maternity Department in the country.
In the Clinic Neurosurgery Center “Herzliya” are held all kinds of operations on the brain and spinal cord, and are treated all kinds of disorders of the central nervous system. Robotic and minimally invasive surgical procedures are widely used and bring maximum medical effect and fast rehabilitation process of the patient. Microsurgical and endovascular tools allow performing operations precisely and accurately. The risk to damage the important brain and spinal cord parts is reduced to zero.
Neurosurgery Department of Beilinson Hospital provides diagnostics and treatment of diseases, brain and spinal cord tumors, as well as cooperate closely with the Department of Neuro-oncology and Radiosurgery Rabin Medical Center. The head of the department is Professor Zvi Rappaport - Vice-President of the Neurological Surgeons World Federation. The medical staff specializes in the treatment of brain tumors, pituitary adenomas, hydrocephaly, spinal hernia, cerebral aneurysms.
Bookimed presents you a medical rehabilitation center "Loewenstein", which is located in Raanan near Tel-Aviv. It is the largest medical facility in Israel similar direction. Here adults and children are undergoing rehabilitation after various diseases and injuries.The Center also receives victims of road accidents and terrorist attacks. Due to its achievements in the field of medicine, the Center "Loewenstein" has international recognition. Operating personnel has a high level of qualification.
Rambam Center of Neurosurgery conducts the diagnostics and treatment of nervous system disorders. Rambam specializes in the treatment of spine tumors, brain tumors, malformations of the brain and spinal diseases. Rambam became well-known due to performing the operations at traumatic brain injuries (they were the first who implement the factor of the blood coagulation of open cerebrocranial operations).
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center is one of the leading public hospitals in Israel with department that operates Safra children's and the clinic for rehabilitation, where also concerned geriatrics and psychiatry. Every year in the hospital, is named after a military doctor Chaim Sheba, address more than a million patients.
Thanks for your question
You will receive an email about the reply
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
*Your contact information will be used only for medical consultation and won't be shared.