Affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medical Center (USA)
Treatment for lung cancer at Anadolu is performed by Dr. Altan Kir. - thoracic surgeon, and Yesim Yildirim - oncologist. Professor Kir worked at Sloan Kettering cancer center (USA), one of America's largest centers for cancer treatment. In 2011, he completed training in robotic thoracic surgery in Belgium.Lung cancer treatment options include a lung tumor removal. Cost of surgical treatment of lung cancer depends on whether it is complete removal of the lung or only part of it.
|Lung cancer surgery||15000 - 25000 $|
|Lobectomy||15000 - 25000 $|
List of diagnostic procedures may include CT of the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic organs, MRI of brain with metastases from lung cancer.
|Consultation of thoracic surgeon||120 $|
|Consultation of a pulmonologist||120 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||170 $|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||1310 $|
|Brain MRI with contrast||440 $|
|Bronchoscopy + biopsy||1700 $|
Lung cancer treatment options include:
- Wedge resection;
- Segmentectomy or segmental resection;
- Resection of part of the bronchus.
- 85% of operations performed on lungs are organ-preserving.
Among innovative methods are applied:
- Focused Radiotherapy Surgery (NovalisShapedSurgery);
- 3D-conformal radiation therapy;
- Radiotherapy with possibility of modulating the intensity of exposure (IMRT).
|Radiotherapy||1400 - 1800 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||24300 - 37500 $|
Thoracic oncology surgeon Professor Yossi Paz and oncologist Professor Ofer Merimsky are engaged in the lung cancer treatment. Dr. Merimsky was included in the list of the best Israeli doctors according to Forbes.
Diagnostics of lung cancer includes such procedures:
- Bronchoscopy (performed with help of special endoscopic equipment under general anesthesia);
- Invasive biopsy (transthoracic puncture under control of CT or thoracoscopy) with histological examination of the sample;
- Super Dimension Bronchus System - an innovative system for diagnosing neoplasms of lungs at the earliest stages using a wireless probe that transmits detailed images;
- Thoracocentesis - pleural fluid puncture.
|Consultation of an oncologist||500 - 800 $|
|Biochemical blood analysis||300 - 600 $|
|MRI||900 - 1400 $|
The largest network of clinics in Europe
Professor Henrik Beker heads the direction of pulmonology and emergency medicine. Chief Physician of the Department of Oncology and Palliative Medicine - Ph.D. Axel Stang. He is one of the best oncologists in Germany according to the authoritative medical edition Leading Medicine Guide.
Along with classical lung cancer treatment options (surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy), the newest therapeutic methods are also used. Dr. Stang performs antibody therapy and molecular therapy.
Treatment under control of head doctor of the department Pr. Beker - € 3,000
Treatment monitored by the main thoracic surgeon Jorn Halberstadt - € 2,000
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 30000 €|
The spectrum of oncology department services includes sonography with contrast for diagnosis of tumors, safe tissue biopsies, installation of port systems, drainage of the pleural cavity and ascites, as well as radiofrequency ablation of tumors.
Diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer, pleura, mediastinum, diagnosis of metastases are carried out.
Types of treatment for lung cancer applied at Asklepios:
- Endoscopic methods for diagnosis and treatment (stages 1-2A) of lung cancer;
- Radiosurgery (iMRT, "gamma knife");
- All types of pneumonectomy (including lobectomy - removal of affected lobe);
- Argon laser for evaporation of tumors;
- Stenting of bronchus.
Complete examination if there is a suspicion of lung cancer with hospital stay for 7 days - € 7,000.
|Biochemical blood analysis||250 €|
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic|
Lung cancer treatment options
Lung cancer develops from the lung cells. It ranks first by prevalence and mortality among men.
Lung cancer is divided into four stages. Commonly cancer is detected when the stage 3 has already developed. Since the stage when the cancer is diagnosed often determines the 5-year survival for patients, early diagnostics is prevalent to the successful cure of lung cancer.
Diagnostics for lung cancer
According to NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network), annual LDCT (Lung cancer screening with low dose computed tomography) examination reduces the risk of death from lung cancer by 20%. Chest X-ray, comparing to the LDCT, does not allow to detect early stages of cancer when there is still a high probability of the successful outcome.
Among diagnostics are also used:
- Pulmonary function test;
- FDG PET/CT.
Treatment for lung cancer
There are three typical approaches to the treatment of cancer. These are surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different combinations.
Advanced treatments for lung cancer:
- VATS - video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, which takes place in the early stages of lung cancer, is proven to reduce mortality compared with open lobectomy (NCCN);
- In addition to standard methods of radiation therapy (CT-planned 3D-CRT), several certified clinics apply advanced methods - 4D-CT and/or PET/CT simulation, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, motion management, proton therapy.
Patient should undergo the following examinations: chest X-ray, CT, PET, bronchoscopy with biopsy (PCNA or VATS), blood tests, etc. To detect metastases, it is necessary to perform radioisotope bones scanning, MRI of head, thorax, etc.
|Bronchoscopy + biopsy||3510 - 4385 $|
|CT (computer tomography)|
Treatment of lung cancer includes surgical intervention:
- VATS Lobectomy: 7-10 days of hospitalization
- Lobectomy: 8-14 days of hospitalization
Based on results of genetic analysis of the EGRF-gene, a decision about targeting therapy is made. Currently such medicines as Tarceva and Iressa are used. These drugs stop the growth of cancer cells.
|Lung cancer surgery||21900 - 30670 $|
|Targeted therapy||1580 - 1760 $|
Clinic provides video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
If lung cancer is suspected, chest X-ray (CT), cytological sputum examination with bronchoscopy and transthoracic biopsy are performed.
|Consultation of an oncologist||30 - 35 $|
|CT (computer tomography)|
|Biochemical blood analysis||270 - 450 $|
Treatment of lung cancer depends on staging and patient’s physical condition. The main lung cancer treatment options are surgical treatment, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Surgical operation consists of complete or partial resection of lung with removal of lymph nodes are removed. Recovery period after the surgery depends on age and general condition of the patient. Recovery takes place over a period of several weeks to several months. Radiation therapy is performed after surgery for squamous-cell lung cancer at stages 1,2,3; and also it is performed in case of small-cell lung cancer for therapeutic purposes in conjunction with chemotherapy.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 23000 $|
Medical oncologist Ahmet Bilici and thoracic surgeon, pulmonologist - Professor Mehmet Zeki Gunluoglu conducts treatment of lung cancer.
All programs for treatment of lung cancer are individual and approved in accordance with the standards of the United States and Europe.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||1000 - 1500 $|
|CT (computer tomography)|
Lung cancer treatment programs are individual and approved in accordance with standards of the United States and Europe.
At early stages of non-small cell cancer, in case of localized tumors, the most efficient method is surgical removal of the tumor.At later stages of the disease, chemo- and radiotherapy (an operation to remove the whole lung with adjacent tissues) are used.
The best price for treatment of lung cancer in Israel
Rambam Medical Center is the largest state clinic with international status in the north of Israel. The hospital is accredited by Israeli Defense Forces, United Nations Armed Forces and US Navy.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Thoracoscopic Segmental Resection of Lung||16310 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||25720 $|
Complex diagnosis of lung cancer at HM costs € 7,200. Price depends on procedures prescribed to the patient.
Luis Jimenez Hiscock, the head of the department of thoracic surgery, conducts treatment of lung cancer in HM clinics.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 €|
Assuta Clinic is accredited by the international standard JCI and is the leading center for treatment of lung tumors. One of the largest pulmonology departments in the country operates on clinic’s premises. Assuta is a private clinic, patients don’t have to wait for a turn for treatment.
Diagnostics of lung cancer may take up to 7 days to obtain results of procedures.Depending on prescribed procedures, the cost of diagnostics can range from $6,300 to $8,600.
|Biochemical blood analysis||320 - 600 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist|
Doctors who are engaged in the treatment of lung cancer in Assuta Clinic:
- Professor Issachar Ben-Dov - leading pulmonologist, author of more than 50 scientific studies;
- Professor Ofer Merimsky - an oncologist who cured more than 3,500 patients with different types of tumors;
- Professor Alon Elin is a leading specialist in the Department of Thoracic Surgery.
Depending on lung cancer staging, lobectomy (removal of the lobe of the lung), ablation or cryodestruction of the tumor are performed, and also immunotherapy (when detecting EGFR mutation) or targeted therapy are applied.
Lung cancer treatment cost depends on a type of tumor and staging.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 35000 $|
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Hospital
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Hospital
Why Sheba Hospital is considered as one of the leading centers of treatment of lung cancer?
Sheba is the only one cancer center in Europe and the Middle East, that have signed a cooperation agreement with the world-famous American MD Anderson Cancer Center. By virtue of this agreement, specialists of Sheba Hospital are constantly improving their methods of early diagnostics and treatment protocols in accordance with the latest scientific developments of the leading oncology institutes of the world.
Dr. On Amir, Head of the Department of Lung Cancer in Sheba Clinic, an internationally recognized authority in the field of lung cancer pathology treatment.
Professor Alon Elin, famous for his specialization in minimally invasive thoracic surgeries, practices lobe removing by means of thoracoscopic method at Sheba Medical Center.
Each patient who comes over to treatment the Department of Oncology gets an individual treatment plan, including palliative care, rehabilitation program, social assistance, psychological and emotional support.
The program of examination and diagnostics of suspected lung cancer in Sheba Clinic includes the following procedures:
- A detailed physical examination;
- Complete laboratory hematological tests, including tumor markers searching and genetic testing;
- An analysis of phlegm and flushing from the bronchial tree;
- A biopsy of the tumor with a cytokine and histopathological analysis of tissue samples;
- Ultrasound (sonography);
- Chest X-ray with some projections;
- Three-dimensional CT and/or MRI;
What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
Prices vary from $ 4,000 to $ 7,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Clinic?
- Patients at I-II stage of lung cancer in Sheba are treated with the surgery of partial resection - removal of the tumor and its surrounding segment of healthy tissue, or the removal of one lung lobe, that is called pulmonary lobectomy.
- Patients at III stage of lung cancer, when the tumor spreads beyond one lung lobe, are underwent the removal of whole lung (pneumonectomy).
- Patients with the stage III of lung cancer are also appointed with additional treatment: chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy.
- Treatment of the VI stage of lung cancer includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy to prolongate the patient's life and relieve symptoms.
Courses of targeted therapy (in particular if tumors are resistant to classical anti-tumor drugs).