Experienced thoracic surgeon works at Anadolu
Treatment for lung cancer at Anadolu is performed by Dr. Altan Kir. - thoracic surgeon, and Yesim Yildirim - oncologist. Professor Kir worked at Sloan Kettering cancer center (USA), one of America's largest centers for cancer treatment. In 2011, he completed training in robotic thoracic surgery in Belgium.Lung cancer treatment options include a lung tumor removal. Cost of surgical treatment of lung cancer depends on whether it is complete removal of the lung or only part of it.
|Lung cancer surgery||15000 - 25000 $|
|Radiotherapy||8000 - 15000 $|
|Chemotherapy||1700 - 5000 $|
|Immunotherapy||2000 - 6000 $|
|Lobectomy||15000 - 25000 $|
List of diagnostic procedures may include CT of the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic organs, MRI of brain with metastases from lung cancer.
85% of thoracic surgeries are organ-preserving
Lung cancer treatment options include:
- Wedge resection;
- Segmentectomy or segmental resection;
- Resection of part of the bronchus.
- 85% of operations performed on lungs are organ-preserving.
Among innovative methods are applied:
- Focused Radiotherapy Surgery (NovalisShapedSurgery);
- 3D-conformal radiation therapy;
- Radiotherapy with possibility of modulating the intensity of exposure (IMRT).
|Radiotherapy||30000 - 35000 $|
|Chemotherapy||1500 - 2000 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||24300 - 37500 $|
Thoracic oncology surgeon Professor Yossi Paz and oncologist Professor Ofer Merimsky are engaged in the lung cancer treatment. Dr. Merimsky was included in the list of the best Israeli doctors according to Forbes.
Diagnostics of lung cancer includes such procedures:
- Bronchoscopy (performed with help of special endoscopic equipment under general anesthesia);
- Invasive biopsy (transthoracic puncture under control of CT or thoracoscopy) with histological examination of the sample;
- Super Dimension Bronchus System - an innovative system for diagnosing neoplasms of lungs at the earliest stages using a wireless probe that transmits detailed images;
- Thoracocentesis - pleural fluid puncture.
Surgeries are performed by Chief Physician of the Department
Professor Henrik Beker heads the direction of pulmonology and emergency medicine. Chief Physician of the Department of Oncology and Palliative Medicine - Ph.D. Axel Stang. He is one of the best oncologists in Germany according to the authoritative medical edition Leading Medicine Guide.
Along with classical lung cancer treatment options (surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy), the newest therapeutic methods are also used. Dr. Stang performs antibody therapy and molecular therapy.
Treatment under control of head doctor of the department Pr. Beker - € 3,000
Treatment monitored by the main thoracic surgeon Jorn Halberstadt - € 2,000
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 28000 €|
The spectrum of oncology department services includes sonography with contrast for diagnosis of tumors, safe tissue biopsies, installation of port systems, drainage of the pleural cavity and ascites, as well as radiofrequency ablation of tumors.
Diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer, pleura, mediastinum, diagnosis of metastases are carried out.
Types of treatment for lung cancer applied at Asklepios:
- Endoscopic methods for diagnosis and treatment (stages 1-2A) of lung cancer;
- Radiosurgery (iMRT, "gamma knife");
- All types of pneumonectomy (including lobectomy - removal of affected lobe);
- Argon laser for evaporation of tumors;
- Stenting of bronchus.
Complete examination if there is a suspicion of lung cancer with hospital stay for 7 days - € 7,000.
|Biochemical blood analysis|
|Сomplex oncology diagnostic||4000 - 6000 €|
Lung cancer treatment options
Lung cancer develops from the lung cells. It ranks first by prevalence and mortality among men.
Lung cancer is divided into four stages. Commonly cancer is detected when the stage 3 has already developed. Since the stage when the cancer is diagnosed often determines the 5-year survival for patients, early diagnostics is prevalent to the successful cure of lung cancer.
Diagnostics for lung cancer
According to NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network), annual LDCT (Lung cancer screening with low dose computed tomography) examination reduces the risk of death from lung cancer by 20%. Chest X-ray, comparing to the LDCT, does not allow to detect early stages of cancer when there is still a high probability of the successful outcome.
Among diagnostics are also used:
- Pulmonary function test;
- FDG PET/CT.
Treatment for lung cancer
There are three typical approaches to the treatment of cancer. These are surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different combinations.
Advanced treatments for lung cancer:
- VATS - video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, which takes place in the early stages of lung cancer, is proven to reduce mortality compared with open lobectomy (NCCN);
- In addition to standard methods of radiation therapy (CT-planned 3D-CRT), several certified clinics apply advanced methods - 4D-CT and/or PET/CT simulation, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, motion management, proton therapy.
The biggest oncological center in Asia
Patient should undergo the following examinations: chest X-ray, CT, PET, bronchoscopy with biopsy (PCNA or VATS), blood tests, etc. To detect metastases, it is necessary to perform radioisotope bones scanning, MRI of head, thorax, etc.
Treatment of lung cancer includes surgical intervention:
- VATS Lobectomy: 7-10 days of hospitalization
- Lobectomy: 8-14 days of hospitalization
Based on results of genetic analysis of the EGRF-gene, a decision about targeting therapy is made. Currently such medicines as Tarceva and Iressa are used. These drugs stop the growth of cancer cells.
|Lung cancer surgery||21900 - 30670 $|
|Chemotherapy||1740 - 3480 $|
|Targeted therapy||1580 - 1760 $|
Clinic provides video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
If lung cancer is suspected, chest X-ray (CT), cytological sputum examination with bronchoscopy and transthoracic biopsy are performed.
Treatment of lung cancer depends on staging and patient’s physical condition. The main lung cancer treatment options are surgical treatment, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Surgical operation consists of complete or partial resection of lung with removal of lymph nodes are removed. Recovery period after the surgery depends on age and general condition of the patient. Recovery takes place over a period of several weeks to several months. Radiation therapy is performed after surgery for squamous-cell lung cancer at stages 1,2,3; and also it is performed in case of small-cell lung cancer for therapeutic purposes in conjunction with chemotherapy.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 23000 $|
Medical oncologist Ahmet Bilici and thoracic surgeon, pulmonologist - Professor Mehmet Zeki Gunluoglu conducts treatment of lung cancer.
All programs for treatment of lung cancer are individual and approved in accordance with the standards of the United States and Europe.
Lung cancer treatment programs are individual and approved in accordance with standards of the United States and Europe.
At early stages of non-small cell cancer, in case of localized tumors, the most efficient method is surgical removal of the tumor.At later stages of the disease, chemo- and radiotherapy (an operation to remove the whole lung with adjacent tissues) are used.
|Chemotherapy||600 - 1000 $|
The best price for treatment of lung cancer in Israel
Rambam Medical Center is the largest state clinic with international status in the north of Israel. The hospital is accredited by Israeli Defense Forces, United Nations Armed Forces and US Navy.
|Chemotherapy||580 - 1500 $|
|Thoracoscopic Segmental Resection of Lung||16310 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||25720 $|
Complex diagnosis of lung cancer at HM costs € 7,200. Price depends on procedures prescribed to the patient.
Luis Jimenez Hiscock, the head of the department of thoracic surgery, conducts treatment of lung cancer in HM clinics.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 €|
|Chemotherapy||8000 - 8500 €|
Assuta Clinic is accredited by the international standard JCI and is the leading center for treatment of lung tumors. One of the largest pulmonology departments in the country operates on clinic’s premises. Assuta is a private clinic, patients don’t have to wait for a turn for treatment.
Diagnostics of lung cancer may take up to 7 days to obtain results of procedures.Depending on prescribed procedures, the cost of diagnostics can range from $6,300 to $8,600.
Doctors who are engaged in the treatment of lung cancer in Assuta Clinic:
- Professor Issachar Ben-Dov - leading pulmonologist, author of more than 50 scientific studies;
- Professor Ofer Merimsky - an oncologist who cured more than 3,500 patients with different types of tumors;
- Professor Alon Elin is a leading specialist in the Department of Thoracic Surgery.
Depending on lung cancer staging, lobectomy (removal of the lobe of the lung), ablation or cryodestruction of the tumor are performed, and also immunotherapy (when detecting EGFR mutation) or targeted therapy are applied.
Lung cancer treatment cost depends on a type of tumor and staging.
|Lung cancer surgery||23000 $|
Solingen Clinic is in the list of TOP Clinics by FOCUS (2015)
- Treatments and cures for lung cancer
- Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
Medical Center in Solingen is multidisciplinary medical institution with 150-year history, comprising of 15 specialized clinics.
Treatments and cures for lung cancer
Lung cancer is handled in the Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular surgery in Solingen Clinic. The Unit is engaged in curative operations of lung cancer and metastases in the lungs, as well as bronchial and angioplasty interventions in accordance with the international guidelines for cancer treatment.
- non small cell cancer is eradicated using surgical tumor excision and chemotherapy, or chemoradiation afterwards;
- option for small cell cancer is lobectomy with mediastinal lymph node dissection and radiation therapy.
The vast majority of operations are performed with the help of video assistance, eliminating technical errors and reducing the risk of possible postoperative complications.
Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
Professor, Dr. med. Martin Kruschewski is a Chief Physician of Thoracic Surgery Department with a work experience of 25 years, who specializes in surgical treatment of all impairments of thorax organs, including any type of lung cancer and its metastases.
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
In Solingen Clinic a foreign patient pays as much for the services as German citizen does.
- Integrated diagnostics program, comprised of doctor’s consultation, blood analyses, biopsy or revision of histological material, MRI, CT - € 6,000;
- Chemotherapy course - from € 2,000;
The cost of surgical treatment depends on lung cancer type and, thus, extent of surgery.
You can get answers to all raised questions or receive a personal treatment program by contacting Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator.