Why do people from the UK and Germany choose lung cancer treatment in other countries? Bookimed has composed the ranking of the best lung cancer hospitals which is based on our expertise and patient reviews.
International patients choose the centers listed below due to:
- High success rate. 56% is a survival rate for lung cancer patients in case it is detected at an early stage. The hospitals apply video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery to treat 1-2 stage lung cancer.
- Best lung cancer doctors. World-class oncologists and surgeons work in the hospitals listed below. They improve their skills overseas and apply new methods of treatment which allow performing less-traumatic surgeries.
- Wide range of treatments. The hospitals provide various options for lung cancer treatment including palliative care for patients with metastatic lung cancer (3-4 stages). The specialists also apply chemo & radiotherapy to increase patients chances to get recovered.
Have any question? Submit a request on Bookimed and we will contact you in the shortest term. We support our patients 24/7 and are ready to help you anytime you need. See more about our services here.
- Prof. Christopher Zielinski is the Head of Cancer Center, was the President of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group and became a member of ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- The clinical trials in the field of oncology to develop and apply the most innovative therapies against cancer. The greatest achievements are in breast and lung cancer treatment.
- The hospital works according TQH (Total Quality Hospital). It means the hospital permanently improves the treatment standards.
- The high level of patients’ satisfaction — 95% according to the anonymous survey.
Anadolu Medical Center offers the latest treatment for lung cancer. The specialists conduct complete examination of a patient to detect the tumor type, size, and stage. Only then the treatment plan is developed. The duration of diagnostics at Anadolu takes 7-10 days.
Such treatment options as chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery are available.
The chemo- and radiotherapy regimens are prescribed individually for each particular case.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $3900 to $46300. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 155 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Russian Federation and Algeria. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
The Oncology Department of Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) cooperates with the Sloane-Kettering Memorial Sluggish Center in the USA. Specialists provide treatment of malignant tumors of the mammary gland, organs of the gastrointestinal tract, brain, and spinal cord. The Department includes a unit of medical oncology, radiotherapy and radiosurgery, hematology. Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used to detect tumors and metastases. Cancer treatment is carried out according to the European protocols. The Clinic uses Da Vinci surgical robot, the innovative Novalis radiotherapy system to remove a tumor without surgery, the SIRT procedure for the treatment of liver cancer.
Lung cancer treatment is performed at Bumrungrad Pulmonary Center. Before the assigning treatment tactic, a patient needs to undergo complete diagnostics. It takes approx. 7 days on in- or outpatient basis. Only then a team of specialists decides what treatment option is the most effective.
Such therapies can be applied: surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy. The most preferable is a combination therapy when several treatment variants are applied.
The treatment duration depends on the cancer stage. On average, the chemotherapy takes 2-3 months. In case of surgical intervention, a patient is hospitalized for 5-14 days. The surgery (removal of the lung part) takes up to 3 hours.
Lung cancer treatment is performed by a team of specialists which consists of an oncologist, surgeon, radiologist, etc. The doctors take into account all the peculiarities of patient organism to provide the best treatment for lung cancer.
The therapeutic tactic is developed only after complete examination. It takes 5-10 days. The duration depends on the case complexity.
Among treatment options are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, targeted therapy. In most of the cases, combination of therapies is applied.
The treatment plan is individual, depends on the tumor size and cancer stage.
In case of surgery, a patient needs to stay in the Hospital for 5-14 days. The duration of operation varies from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $25300 to $36600. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 61 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Moldova and United Kingdom. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
What is the best place for lung cancer treatment?
German clinics provide treatment of malignant lung tumors. Surgical oncologists apply modern equipment and use new techniques that lead to the success rate of treatment — this is confirmed by a certificate from the German Cancer Society.
Treatment in Turkey is 5 times cheaper than in the USA or in some European countries. However, this does not mean poor quality. Turkish oncologists are among the most experienced specialists in the world they apply international protocols of lung cancer treatment.
Thai hospitals provide cost-effective lung cancer treatment that meets international standards. Oncologists in Thailand improve their skills in European medical facilities. In Thai hospital, doctors use artificial intellect device IBM Watson which forms the most accurate treatment plan.
Austrian hospitals are considered highly technological ones. In Austria, doctors apply the latest treatments for lung cancer patients.
Have any doubts about choosing a medical center, submit a request on Bookimed and we will answer all your questions.
How to choose the best lung cancer hospital in the world?
Pay attention to the following factors before choosing any of the hospitals:
- Hospital’s reputation. Most good hospitals have a variety of certificates, including JCI (Joint Commission International) that prove the safety & high quality of healthcare services.
- Doctors’ experience. Check doctors CVs on our website. Excellent specialists always have numerous awards and certificates which confirm their professional skills.
- Access to modern options. The hospitals must have a wide range of treatment techniques helpful for any type of lung cancer including yours.
- Patient reviews. Check out an experience of the real patients who have already undergone treatment in a concrete facility.
How to get lung cancer treatment with Bookimed?
- Submit a request on Bookimed and our manager will contact you shortly.
- We inform you about the top lung cancer hospitals which meet your disease requirements.
- We send your medical records to a chosen center and you get a preliminary bill and treatment program for you.
- If you approve them both — we start arranging your trip to a chosen clinic.
What are the diagnostics for lung cancer?
To be sure in your diagnosis you may undergo the following diagnostics in the hospitals listed below:
- Imaging. X-ray images can show whether there are malignant changes in the lungs.
- Lung biopsy. A doctor removes a small tissue from the affected area of the lung to detect the patient’s stage.
- Sputum cytology. If a patient has a cough, a doctor can take the sputum to reveal whether it’s cancerous.
Ask Bookimed manager on how to get diagnostics — submit a request on the page.
What are the options for lung cancer treatment?
Surgery. In these lung cancer treatment centers, doctors can assign surgical interventions depending on the stage. Surgeries can be:
- lobectomy — the removing of the lung lobe.
- pneumonectomy — the removing of the whole lung.
- wedge resection — such a surgery is applied to remove a small tumor in the lung.
- segmental resection — the removing of a part of the lung but not the entire one.
- Radiotherapy. Such a treatment can be used in combination with chemo drugs. X-rays destroy cancer cells that remained after the surgery or spread to other organs as the brain.
- Chemotherapy. Such an option is applied to stop malignant cells growth and to destroy the rest of them after surgery.
- Immunotherapy. Such a treatment is frequently used for some forms of non-small cell lung cancer. These are drugs that stimulate the patient’s immunity to fight cancer. Oncologists apply this therapy when other options are ineffective.
- Targeted therapy. It is also used for non-small cell lung cancer. Such drugs are used to destroy malignant cells and prevent their division. Not every patient can be a candidate for this therapy.
Who is the best lung cancer doctor in the world?
- Prof. Walter Klepetko has over 30 years of experience in surgical lung cancer treatment and transplantology. The professor isthe Head of the Thoracic Surgery Department at Vienna General Hospital. Prof. Klepetko has started the Vienna Lung Transplant Program with over 100 performed transplants per year. The doctor perform surgeries to remove metastatic from the lungs. Prof. Klepetko has carried out a successful lung transplant to three-time Formula 1 world champion Niki Lauda.
- Assoc. Prof. Altan Kir is an expert in Thoracic and Robotic Surgery at Anadolu. Prof. Kir had been trained in Royal Brompton Hospital, London and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York. The professor provides lobectomy, thoracic surgeries with the da Vinci Robotic System.
- Dr. Heinrich Becker is an oncologist pulmonologist with 25 years of practice. The doctor specializes in diagnostics and endoscopic treatment of lung cancer and other thoracic diseases. Minimally-invasive (endoscopic) surgery is performed through small incisions — that allows to reduce postoperative complications and boost the recovery.
How long does lung cancer treatment last?
An average length of treating lung malignancy is:
- surgery — 3-14 days including hospital stay.
- chemo — 4-5 months.
- radiotherapy — 1-2 months.
What things affect lung cancer treatment cost?
- cancer stage.
- complexity of the case.
- consultation with a doctor.
- treatment itself (how many options are required).
- oncologist/surgeon’s fee.
- hospital stay & additional services.
To get a personal cost estimate submit a request and our manager will give you all the necessary info.
How much does lung cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9450|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11000|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $30000|
|CyberKnife||$4400 - $18000|
|Targeted therapy||$1200 - $8900|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4000|
|MRI of one area||$110 - $1900|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|CT (computer tomography)||$140 - $1400|
Doctors calculate the cost of lung cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final lung cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
106 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate lung cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $220. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of lung cancer diagnostics is $370. The lowest price is $180 and the highest — $560.
- The average treatment price is $27800. The lowest price is $2800 and the highest — $65500.
The examination of a patient to develop lung cancer treatment plan is performed in the Safra Onco-Pulmonology Department at Sourasky. It includes blood tests, PET-CT, revision of biopsy material, consultation with the best lung cancer oncologist. When the results are ready, a specialist develops the individual treatment plan.
The therapeutic tactics may include surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy or biological therapy. The combination of these options can be applied.
The treatment duration is determined individually and depends on the lung cancer stage and tumor size.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $2800 to $41000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 97 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Kazakhstan and Armenia. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
Lung cancer treatment is performed in Liv Oncology Department. Before the development of treatment tactic, it is necessary to undergo the full diagnostics. The duration of examination is 5-7 days. A doctor detects cancer stage and assigns individual treatment program.
Surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy are the main treatment options. In most of the cases, the combination of these therapies are applied.
The duration of treatment varies in each particular case.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $15300 to $36800. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.6 according to 74 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 4 days. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $21700 to $36100. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 40 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
Specialists at Medipol apply multidisciplinary approach to treat lung cancer. It means that specialists from different departments participate in the development of lung cancer treatment plan. They are oncologists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, radiologists, etc.
Doctors apply blood tests, PET-CT, biopsy, etc. to detect the cancer stage and peculiarities of patient’ conditions.
Such treatment options are used: chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery (part of the lungs is removed).
The duration of therapies is determined according to the lung tumor type and level of metastatic spread.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $12500 to $28000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 144 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. The travel arrangement takes 4 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Department of Oncology in Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the treatment of lung, cervix, gastrointestinal tract cancer.
Specialists use MRI, CT, and ultrasound to detect tumors.
Oncologists remove tumors using the traditional open method or a laparoscope.
- Helios Berlin Buch is accredited by the German Cancer Society. It confirms a high level of medical equipment and doctors' professionalism.
- 97% of patients, who have been treated at Helios Berlin Buch, are satisfied with the quality of cancer diagnosis and treatment. So, they recommend the hospital to other people.
- Helios Berlin Buch is listed among top German hospitals by the Focus magazine. To compose the ranking, such criteria as the level of medical equipment, doctors' qualification, patients' reviews, and treatment success rate have been taken into account.
- Helios Berlin Buch serves 200,000 patient annually.
- Certification from German Cancer Society that confirms the compliance of oncology treatment with the strictest German cure protocols.
- Gesundheit Nord Bremen consists of narrow-specialized cancer treatment centers. It means that doctors have vast experience in a particular oncological disease treatment that increases chances to choose the most appropriate therapy.
- Top German oncologists. Specialists of Gesundheit Nord have practiced in the leading American hospitals. They are permanently included in the Focus magazine ranking as best cancer specialists in Germany.
- Second medical opinion. It is possible to arrange online consultation with a doctor from Gesundheit Nord Bremen regarding the diagnosis and adequacy of the prescribed treatment.
- Such cancer types are treated at this German oncology center: breast, gynecological, prostate, skin, head and neck, gastrointestinal, leukemia.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $31100 to $54400. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.3 according to 24 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Armenia. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
Klinikum Bremen-Ost is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Bremen. The hospital is a part of the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen network of hospitals. Bremen-Ost Hospital specializes in lung surgery, neurology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry.
Bremen-Ost is among best German medical facilities in 2015-2016 according to the rating of Focus magazine. The rating includes hospitals with positive patients’ feedback and high treatment success rates.
Every year Bremen-Ost receives 19,000 patients for treatment.
The Toracic Surgery Unit is highly specialized in surgical treatment of lung tumors. Medical staff members work in close collaboration with the Operating Units of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy. It is a reference point for the diagnosis and treatment of lung pathologies.
Senior medical staff are members of the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (EBCTS). Standard patient management protocols are used according to the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) guidelines.
HM Hospitals provide some the best treatments for small cell lung cancer in Spain and Europe. A multidisciplinary team of specialists develops the treatment plan after complete examination of a patient. The diagnostics takes up to 7 days. It is conducted on outpatient basis.
When doctors detect the tumor type and lung cancer stage, they offer treatment options. In most of the cases, combination therapy is applied. It includes surgery, radio- and chemotherapies.
The type of operation and medications, the duration of treatment are determined individually.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $22300 to $65500. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 11 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Spain and other countries.
At KUIMS specialists conduct the diagnostic to develop the best lung cancer treatment. The diagnostic procedures take 3-5 days. Among them are X-ray of the breast, biopsy, bronchoscopy, CT of the lungs, PET-CT, etc.
Then a set of therapies is prescribed. It depends on lung cancer stage and includes surgery, combination of chemo- and radiotherapies.
The surgery (removal of a part of the lung) takes 30 minutes - 3 hours (depending on the complexity). The hospital stay is about 5-15 days.
The medical center offers lung cancer treatments from $7000 to $52000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.3 according to 27 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Kazakhstan. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lung cancer treatment cost in Republic of Korea and other countries.
The Department of Oncology at the Appollo Clinic (Delhi, India) specializes in the treatment of malignant diseases of the prostate, bones, intestines, and liver. < p>
Doctors perform a biopsy to diagnose cancer (blood test). Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) determines the location of tumors.
The surgeries are performed with a low-injury method - Da Vinci robotic system. Doctors apply a high-precision TomoTherapy system to irradiate tumors. Patients with inoperable neoplasms are prescribed radiotherapy on the Cyber-Knife apparatus. When removing hard-to-reach brain tumors, fluorescent imaging is used. The technique makes it possible to distinguish malignant neoplasm from healthy tissues.
92% of fluorescent operations are successful.
Memorial specialists make an individual treatment regimen for each patient with lung cancer. The most powerful and effective treatment mechanisms for the treatment of lung cancer and its metastases are applied here including this latest schemes, and chemotherapeutic agents, sequential chemo-radiotherapy as (sandwich therapy), targeted therapy, radiotherapy on the linear accelerators of the latest generation, radioembolization and radiofrequency ablation, as well as cutting-edge high-tech methods such as Nano-Knife ablation, interventional chemotherapy, transarterial chemoembolization, various thermoablation (laser, radiofrequency, ultrasound).
Treatment strategy and tactics in Memorial is individual for each patient, and conducted in accordance with international standards, approved by the Associations for Cancer Research in Europe and the United States.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.