Affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medical Center (USA)
Treatment for lung cancer at Anadolu is performed by Dr. Altan Kir. - thoracic surgeon, and Yesim Yildirim - oncologist. Professor Kir worked at Sloan Kettering cancer center (USA), one of America's largest centers for cancer treatment. In 2011, he completed training in robotic thoracic surgery in Belgium.Lung cancer treatment options include a lung tumor removal. Cost of surgical treatment of lung cancer depends on whether it is complete removal of the lung or only part of it.
|Lung cancer surgery||15000 - 25000 $|
|Lobectomy||15000 - 25000 $|
List of diagnostic procedures may include CT of the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic organs, MRI of brain with metastases from lung cancer.
|Consultation of thoracic surgeon||120 $|
|Consultation of a pulmonologist||120 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||170 $|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||1310 $|
|Brain MRI with contrast||440 $|
|Bronchoscopy + biopsy||1700 $|
Medical oncologist Ahmet Bilici and thoracic surgeon, pulmonologist - Professor Mehmet Zeki Gunluoglu conducts treatment of lung cancer.
All programs for treatment of lung cancer are individual and approved in accordance with the standards of the United States and Europe.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||1000 - 1500 $|
|CT (computer tomography)|
Lung cancer treatment programs are individual and approved in accordance with standards of the United States and Europe.
At early stages of non-small cell cancer, in case of localized tumors, the most efficient method is surgical removal of the tumor.At later stages of the disease, chemo- and radiotherapy (an operation to remove the whole lung with adjacent tissues) are used.
Diagnostics of lung cancer in Turkey
The equipment, which is present in the JCI-certified clinics in Turkey, compliant with the USA standards. It is used for the following diagnostic procedures:
- MSCT with contrasting - foci less than 2 mm are defined. With the introduction of contrast medium - up to 1-mm;
- Metastases to the liver, mammary glands are detected with the help of PET, MRI;
- Endobronchial methods of ultrasound diagnostics are used;
- Thoracocentesis with histology is performed.
Lung cancer treatment in Turkey
Lung cancer at the 1st stage is treated with transbronchial endoscopy or without incisions at all (Cyber-knife system);
At 2-3 stages of lung cancer, a lobectomy or pulmectomy is performed;
Chemotherapy and radiological methods are imported from clinics of Israel and the US. These methods are used for prophylaxis after surgical intervention, as well as for controlling the growth of inoperable (stage 4) tumors.
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.
- Why Acibadem is considered as a good choice to treat lung cancer?
- What methods of lung cancer diagnostics are applied in Acibadem?
- Lung cancer diagnostics cost in Acibadem
- What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic?
Why Acibadem is considered as a good choice to treat lung cancer?
The Department of Thoracic Surgery in Acibadem provides a wide range of surgical services, including diagnostics and treatment of complex diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract. Specialists of the Department actively cooperate with their colleagues from the Department of Oncology and Radiology. Such a complex process as cancer treatment needs to involve a multidisciplinary team of specialists of surgeon, radiologist, chemotherapist, pathologist, anesthesiologist.
What doctors specialize in the treatment of lung cancer in Acibadem Hospital?
The team of specialists is headed by the of main thoracic clinic surgeon Dr. Erdal Okur, who has extended the lives of hundreds of patients.
What methods of lung cancer diagnostics are applied in Acibadem?
- Physical examination;
- X-ray of the chest;
- Examination of the esophageal to assess the state of infracarinal lymph nodes;
- CT of the chest;
- Transthoracic puncture of the tumor under CT control;
- Ultrasound of the chest and abdomen, supraclavicular areas to exclude distant metastases;
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS);
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- Medianoscopy ;
- Scintigraphy of the skeleton.
Lung cancer diagnostics cost in Acibadem
The cost is around $ 3,000. Total price is formed individually for each patient, you can now get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic?
Main types of techniques for the lung cancer treatment in Acibadem:
- Wedge resection;
The most appropriate treatment for lung cancer in the clinic is determined by a council of Acibadem doctors, which include such specialists as the chemotherapist, radiation oncologist, pulmonologist, thoracic surgeon, pathologist and a nuclear medicine specialist.
If the diagnostic result detect the necessity of surgery, then at the Department of Thoracic Surgery performed minimally invasive surgery (VATS - Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery) for the treatment of lung cancer at its early stages.
The other methods include:
- Radiotherapy - Radiosurgery (SRS);
- Chemotherapy: adjuvant (postoperative) and the non-adjuvant (pre-operative);
- Targeted therapy or laser therapy;
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT);
- Why is Memorial Center considered as one of the leading centers for lung cancer treatment?
- What are the methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
- What is the cost for lung diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Memorial
Memorial specialists make an individual treatment regimen for each patient with lung cancer. The most powerful and effective treatment mechanisms for the treatment of lung cancer and its metastases are applied here including this latest schemes, and chemotherapeutic agents, sequential chemo-radiotherapy as (sandwich therapy), targeted therapy, radiotherapy on the linear accelerators of the latest generation, radioembolization and radiofrequency ablation, as well as cutting-edge high-tech methods such as Nano-Knife ablation, interventional chemotherapy, transarterial chemoembolization, various thermoablation (laser, radiofrequency, ultrasound).
Treatment strategy and tactics in Memorial is individual for each patient, and conducted in accordance with international standards, approved by the Associations for Cancer Research in Europe and the United States.
What are the methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
Diagnostic procedures for lung cancer in Memorial Hospital may include:
- Physical examination;
- Extended blood tests, including tumor markers;
- X-rays of the chest;
- Flash CT, CT;
- Transthoracic puncture of the tumor under CT control;
- Ultrasound of the chest and abdomen;
- Scintigraphy of the skeleton;
- A biopsy of the tumor with a cytokine and histopathological analysis of obtained tissue samples.
What is the cost for lung diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
The cost is above $ 3,000. The total price is formed individually for each patient, contact Bookimed to get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
Methods of lung cancer treatment in Memorial
The specialists in Memorial Hospital perform the following types of lung cancer treatment:
- Classical surgical removal of the tumor in the lung is conducted, as a rule, only at I-II stages of lung cancer, with some exceptions to the IIIA stage. In most cases, combined chemoradiotherapy is assigned after the operation.
- The radical non-surgical treatment of lung cancer are applied at the early stages of the disease with any tumor localization. For the destruction of the tumor without surgery application, various types of ablation are applied: radiofrequency, microwave, laser, Nano Knife ablation, sometimes in combination with chemoembolization and radioembolization (SIRT).
- Radiation therapy is carried out by means of modern and safe linear accelerators as Varian Rapid Arch system with multileaf collimators and the latest development of Avian's Rapid Arch.
- Chemotherapy and chemoembolization: common chemotherapy (intravenous), intra-arterial (locally in the area of tumor foci), chemoembolization (a combination of a vascular embolization that feed tumors), chemoradiotherapy (defined sequence of irradiation sessions and intra-arterial chemotherapy), chemoembolization combined with RFA-ablation .
- Targeted therapy with innovative agents.