Teknon Medical Center (Quiron Group) ranks first in Spain
- Cutting-edge technology for lung cancer treatment
- Who is in charge for the treatment of lung cancer?
- What is the cost of treatment for lung cancer?
- CT virtual simulation;
- 3D planning and dosimetry;
- A dual linear accelerator unit (beam of photons and electrons). It has a dynamic function of slice-movement for high-precision treatments (modulation of beam intensity);
- The first system in Europe - the real-time monitoring with amorphous silicon detector, for ensuring precision in the treatment;
- Photon linear accelerator and 3-mm multislice accelerator for stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy applications;
- Consultation of oncologist - € 500;
- CT scan - € 1,200.
Teknon Medical Center is the leading medical institution in Spain, providing high success rates in almost all medical fields, including oncology (lung cancer).
Cutting-edge technology for lung cancer treatment
Prof. Raimon Miralbell, Head of Radiooncology Department of Oncology Institute in Teknon, is the leading European oncologist with great experience of using innovative radiotherapy (IGRT, IMRT, SBRT) for lung cancer treatment.
What is the cost of treatment for lung cancer?
The cost of Teknon services corresponds to the quality. Some of the prices are mentioned below:
To get individualized treatment plan with exact costs right now, just contact Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator.
- Why do the patients choose oncological Department of Quiron Barcelona Hospital?
- Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
- How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
- Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
Oncological Department at Quiron Barcelona is more than just a division of the clinic. This Department is honorary titled as the Baselga Insitute of Oncology. It was named after its founder, a world’s recognized oncologist Professor Jose Baselga. The prior specialization of Dr. Baselga is breast cancer. Annually, more than 3,000 patients get treatment and over 20,000 receive consultations at the Institute. Various scientific researches are conducted on the basis of the Clinic, which allows to develop new treatment methods and urgently implement them into practice.
Who specializes in the treatment of cancer in Quiron Barcelona Clinic?
The best oncologists in Spain work with the patients here:
- Pr. Jose Baselga, a world-famous physician and the only European oncologist honored to be the member of the American Cancer Society;
- Dr. Josep Tabernero is another great specialist in the world of oncology. He is the author of several medical protocols successfully applied in many countries;
- Dr. Armando López-Guillermo, an oncohematologist;
- Dr. Daniel Sánchez Posada, an oncosurgeon.
Quiron Barcelona Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach and the latest equipment. It gives an opportunity to exclude inaccuracies during diagnostics and increase the treatment effectiveness.
How is the diagnostics carried out at Quiron Barcelona?
The complex diagnostic program includes:
- Complete and biochemical blood count (checking the state of separate organs, systems or of the whole body);
- Blood test for tumor markers (detection of the specific substances common for cancer);
- CT, PET-CT, MRI and ultrasound (detection of metastases, assessment of regional lymph nodes);
- Biopsy of tumor tissues: fine-needle or trephine biopsy (for histological verification of the diagnosis).
Prices for complex diagnostics of oncology in Quiron Barcelona Hospital
The diagnostics takes from 2 to 5 days depending on the type of pathology and general body condition of a patient. The total cost of the diagnostics contains the price for doctor consultation and diagnostic procedures:
- Blood count - €250-500;
- Mammography - €195;
- Arthrography - €293;
- Cystography - €293;
- Cholangiography - €293;
- Urethrocystography - €293;
- Ultrasound - €200-350;
- Tomography - €242;
- Myelography - €293;
- Biopsy - €200-650.
Receive an individual program
How is the treatment of cancer conducted in Quiron Barcelona Oncological Department?
The Baselga Institute of Oncology takes part in the development of innovative treatment techniques, that’s why it can be confidently said that the patients receive the most accurate diagnostics and high-quality treatment here. The hospital uses all kinds of innovative manipulations for cancer treatment:
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci robot;
- Minimally invasive and bloodless operations;
- Radiotherapy (Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- Cryoresection and cryodestruction;
- Chemotherapy with the newest drugs.
Quiron Madrid Hospital is one of the best clinics in Spain which is a part of the holding QuironSalud.
This network takes 1st and 3rd places respectively in the number of clinics in Spain and Europe. Quiron Madrid uses the most innovative equipment. Its personnel consist exclusively of professionals many of whom are recognized around the world. The main task for the leadership of the clinic is to ensure the maximum treatment efficiency and comfort for every patient.