Assuta Clinic is accredited by the international standard JCI and is the leading center for treatment of lung tumors. One of the largest pulmonology departments in the country operates on clinic’s premises. Assuta is a private clinic, patients don’t have to wait for a turn for treatment.
Diagnostics of lung cancer may take up to 7 days to obtain results of procedures.Depending on prescribed procedures, the cost of diagnostics can range from $6,300 to $8,600.
|Biochemical blood analysis||320 - 600 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist|
Doctors who are engaged in the treatment of lung cancer in Assuta Clinic:
- Professor Issachar Ben-Dov - leading pulmonologist, author of more than 50 scientific studies;
- Professor Ofer Merimsky - an oncologist who cured more than 3,500 patients with different types of tumors;
- Professor Alon Elin is a leading specialist in the Department of Thoracic Surgery.
Depending on lung cancer staging, lobectomy (removal of the lobe of the lung), ablation or cryodestruction of the tumor are performed, and also immunotherapy (when detecting EGFR mutation) or targeted therapy are applied.
Lung cancer treatment cost depends on a type of tumor and staging.
|Lung cancer surgery||20000 - 35000 $|
Lung cancer treatment options include:
- Wedge resection;
- Segmentectomy or segmental resection;
- Resection of part of the bronchus.
- 85% of operations performed on lungs are organ-preserving.
Among innovative methods are applied:
- Focused Radiotherapy Surgery (NovalisShapedSurgery);
- 3D-conformal radiation therapy;
- Radiotherapy with possibility of modulating the intensity of exposure (IMRT).
|Radiotherapy||1400 - 1800 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||24300 - 37500 $|
Thoracic oncology surgeon Professor Yossi Paz and oncologist Professor Ofer Merimsky are engaged in the lung cancer treatment. Dr. Merimsky was included in the list of the best Israeli doctors according to Forbes.
Diagnostics of lung cancer includes such procedures:
- Bronchoscopy (performed with help of special endoscopic equipment under general anesthesia);
- Invasive biopsy (transthoracic puncture under control of CT or thoracoscopy) with histological examination of the sample;
- Super Dimension Bronchus System - an innovative system for diagnosing neoplasms of lungs at the earliest stages using a wireless probe that transmits detailed images;
- Thoracocentesis - pleural fluid puncture.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Hospital
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Hospital
Why Sheba Hospital is considered as one of the leading centers of treatment of lung cancer?
Sheba is the only one cancer center in Europe and the Middle East, that have signed a cooperation agreement with the world-famous American MD Anderson Cancer Center. By virtue of this agreement, specialists of Sheba Hospital are constantly improving their methods of early diagnostics and treatment protocols in accordance with the latest scientific developments of the leading oncology institutes of the world.
Dr. On Amir, Head of the Department of Lung Cancer in Sheba Clinic, an internationally recognized authority in the field of lung cancer pathology treatment.
Professor Alon Elin, famous for his specialization in minimally invasive thoracic surgeries, practices lobe removing by means of thoracoscopic method at Sheba Medical Center.
Each patient who comes over to treatment the Department of Oncology gets an individual treatment plan, including palliative care, rehabilitation program, social assistance, psychological and emotional support.
The program of examination and diagnostics of suspected lung cancer in Sheba Clinic includes the following procedures:
- A detailed physical examination;
- Complete laboratory hematological tests, including tumor markers searching and genetic testing;
- An analysis of phlegm and flushing from the bronchial tree;
- A biopsy of the tumor with a cytokine and histopathological analysis of tissue samples;
- Ultrasound (sonography);
- Chest X-ray with some projections;
- Three-dimensional CT and/or MRI;
What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
Prices vary from $ 4,000 to $ 7,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Clinic?
- Patients at I-II stage of lung cancer in Sheba are treated with the surgery of partial resection - removal of the tumor and its surrounding segment of healthy tissue, or the removal of one lung lobe, that is called pulmonary lobectomy.
- Patients at III stage of lung cancer, when the tumor spreads beyond one lung lobe, are underwent the removal of whole lung (pneumonectomy).
- Patients with the stage III of lung cancer are also appointed with additional treatment: chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy.
- Treatment of the VI stage of lung cancer includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy to prolongate the patient's life and relieve symptoms.
Courses of targeted therapy (in particular if tumors are resistant to classical anti-tumor drugs).
The best price for treatment of lung cancer in Israel
Rambam Medical Center is the largest state clinic with international status in the north of Israel. The hospital is accredited by Israeli Defense Forces, United Nations Armed Forces and US Navy.
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Thoracoscopic Segmental Resection of Lung||16310 $|
|Lung cancer surgery||25720 $|
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.