LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.
HELIOS Hospital achieves 95% success rate in lobectomy
- Who carries out surgical treatment of lung cancer in HELIOS Clinic?
- Complex diagnostics of lung cancer in the Clinic
- What is the cost of the diagnostics of lung cancer at HELIOS Berlin-Bunch?
- How lung cancer is treated in HELIOS Clinic?
- laser therapy;
- broncho-angioplasty (if necessary);
- multidisciplinary resection approaches;
- stereotactic radiosurgery - CyberKnife.
- endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS-BRSK),
One of the places of honor in combat against cancerous tumors is located at the center of surgical and multimodal therapy of pulmonary pathologies - Clinic for Thoracic Surgery - a part of HELIOS Klinikum Emil von Behring since 2004. The hospital received the Certificate of Quality from German Cancer Community and OncoZert.
Who carries out surgical treatment for lung cancer in HELIOS Hospital?
Among the available techniques used in lung cancer treatment HELIOS also adds:
HELIOS offers ultra-modern arsenal of available medical equipment:
What is the cost of the diagnostics of lung cancer in HELIOS Berlin-Bunch?
How lung cancer is treated in HELIOS Clinic?
The key method of lung cancer treatment is lung resection with a possible bronchoplasty. This form of treatment allows to achieve 95% success rate for locally advanced form of lung carcinoma.
In addition, radiation and chemotherapy, pre- and postoperatively, are used to completely eradicate cancer cells.
Calculation of exact cost for treatment of lung cancer may be obtained through Bookimed Medical Coordinator.
- Why is Medipol Clinic one of the leading centers for lung cancer treatment?
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Medipol Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Medipol Hospital
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Medipol Hospital
Why Medipol Clinic is one of the leading centers for lung cancer treatment?
Cancer Center in Medipol Medical Group is a recognized leader in the treatment of cancer. Lung cancer is one of the most dangerous and difficult types of the disease. Medipol Clinic is proud of its success of lung cancer treatment due to the team of professionals, authoritative doctors and nurses who make their practice also on the basis of American and European clinics, improving their treatment techniques.
What doctors specialize in the treatment of lung cancer at Medipol Medical Center?
The most renowned thoracic surgeon, pulmonologist and oncologist Professor Mehmet Zeki Günlüoğlu. All lung cancer treatment plans are individual and approved by an interdisciplinary team of doctors, in accordance with American and European standards.
Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Medipol Clinic
- Transthoracic needle biopsy (TNB) - is performed on the basis of PET/CT, CT or MRI diagnostic results;
- Complete blood count.
Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Medipol Hospital
The cost is around $ 2,800 and is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact pricescan right now!
Methods of lung cancer treatment in Medipol Hospital
Among the effective lung cancer treatment methods, the following are applied in Medipol Clinic:
- Nano Knife;
- Chemical ablation;
- Radiofrequency thermoablation;
- Laser ablation;
- Cryoablation with liquid nitrogen;
- Ablation by means of Nano Knife technology;
- An effective method of irreversible electroporation (using high-voltage discharge, which leads to tumor cell death).
At the early stages of non-small cell cancer in case of localized tumors, the most effective method is tumor surgical removal.
At the latter stages of the disease, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or pneumonectomy are applied.
Lung cancer - best treatment options abroad
Lung cancer is one of the most common oncological malignancies that develops from the lung cells. It ranks first in the world by prevalence and mortality among men.
To date, lung cancer is divided into four stages. Commonly cancer is detected when the stage 3 has already developed. Since the stage when the cancer is diagnosed often determines the 5-year survival for patients (see table below), early diagnostics is prevalent to the successful cure of lung cancer.
What are the diagnostics for lung cancer?
Today, according to NCCN, annual LDCT examination reduces the risk of death from lung cancer by 20%. Chest x-ray, comparing to the LDCT, does not allow to detect early stages of cancer when there is still a high probability of the successful outcome.
Among diagnostics are also used:
- Pulmonary functional test;
- FDG PET/CT.
Treatment for lung cancer
There are three standard approaches to the treatment of cancer, and lung cancer is no exception. These are surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in different combinations.
Treatment abroad in the best clinics allows to apply advanced treatments for lung cancer:
- VATS - video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery, which takes place in the early stages of lung cancer, is proven to reduce mortality compared with open lobectomy (NCCN);
- In addition to standard methods of radiation therapy (CT-planned 3D-CRT), several certified clinics apply advanced methods - 4D-CT and/or PET/CT simulation, IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, motion management, proton therapy.
Solingen Clinic is in the list of TOP Clinics by FOCUS (2015)
- Treatments and cures for lung cancer
- Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
- What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
Medical Center in Solingen is multidisciplinary medical institution with 150-year history, comprising of 15 specialized clinics.
Treatments and cures for lung cancer
Lung cancer is handled in the Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular surgery in Solingen Clinic. The Unit is engaged in curative operations of lung cancer and metastases in the lungs, as well as bronchial and angioplasty interventions in accordance with the international guidelines for cancer treatment.
- non small cell cancer is eradicated using surgical tumor excision and chemotherapy, or chemoradiation afterwards;
- option for small cell cancer is lobectomy with mediastinal lymph node dissection and radiation therapy.
The vast majority of operations are performed with the help of video assistance, eliminating technical errors and reducing the risk of possible postoperative complications.
Who is in charge of lung cancer treatment?
Professor, Dr. med. Martin Kruschewski is a Chief Physician of Thoracic Surgery Department with a work experience of 25 years, who specializes in surgical treatment of all impairments of thorax organs, including any type of lung cancer and its metastases.
What is the cost for lung cancer treatment?
In Solingen Clinic a foreign patient pays as much for the services as German citizen does.
- Integrated diagnostics program, comprised of doctor’s consultation, blood analyses, biopsy or revision of histological material, MRI, CT - € 6,000;
- Chemotherapy course - from € 2,000;
The cost of surgical treatment depends on lung cancer type and, thus, extent of surgery.
You can get answers to all raised questions or receive a personal treatment program by contacting Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator.
- Why is Memorial Center considered as one of the leading centers for lung cancer treatment?
- What are the methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
- What is the cost for lung diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Memorial
Memorial specialists make an individual treatment regimen for each patient with lung cancer. The most powerful and effective treatment mechanisms for the treatment of lung cancer and its metastases are applied here including this latest schemes, and chemotherapeutic agents, sequential chemo-radiotherapy as (sandwich therapy), targeted therapy, radiotherapy on the linear accelerators of the latest generation, radioembolization and radiofrequency ablation, as well as cutting-edge high-tech methods such as Nano-Knife ablation, interventional chemotherapy, transarterial chemoembolization, various thermoablation (laser, radiofrequency, ultrasound).
Treatment strategy and tactics in Memorial is individual for each patient, and conducted in accordance with international standards, approved by the Associations for Cancer Research in Europe and the United States.
What are the methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Memorial Clinic?
Diagnostic procedures for lung cancer in Memorial Hospital may include:
- Physical examination;
- Extended blood tests, including tumor markers;
- X-rays of the chest;
- Flash CT, CT;
- Transthoracic puncture of the tumor under CT control;
- Ultrasound of the chest and abdomen;
- Scintigraphy of the skeleton;
- A biopsy of the tumor with a cytokine and histopathological analysis of obtained tissue samples.
What is the cost for lung diagnostics in Memorial Hospital?
The cost is above $ 3,000. The total price is formed individually for each patient, contact Bookimed to get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
Methods of lung cancer treatment in Memorial
The specialists in Memorial Hospital perform the following types of lung cancer treatment:
- Classical surgical removal of the tumor in the lung is conducted, as a rule, only at I-II stages of lung cancer, with some exceptions to the IIIA stage. In most cases, combined chemoradiotherapy is assigned after the operation.
- The radical non-surgical treatment of lung cancer are applied at the early stages of the disease with any tumor localization. For the destruction of the tumor without surgery application, various types of ablation are applied: radiofrequency, microwave, laser, Nano Knife ablation, sometimes in combination with chemoembolization and radioembolization (SIRT).
- Radiation therapy is carried out by means of modern and safe linear accelerators as Varian Rapid Arch system with multileaf collimators and the latest development of Avian's Rapid Arch.
- Chemotherapy and chemoembolization: common chemotherapy (intravenous), intra-arterial (locally in the area of tumor foci), chemoembolization (a combination of a vascular embolization that feed tumors), chemoradiotherapy (defined sequence of irradiation sessions and intra-arterial chemotherapy), chemoembolization combined with RFA-ablation .
- Targeted therapy with innovative agents.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.
- Why Acibadem is considered as a good choice to treat lung cancer?
- What methods of lung cancer diagnostics are applied in Acibadem?
- Lung cancer diagnostics cost in Acibadem
- What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic?
Why Acibadem is considered as a good choice to treat lung cancer?
The Department of Thoracic Surgery in Acibadem provides a wide range of surgical services, including diagnostics and treatment of complex diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract. Specialists of the Department actively cooperate with their colleagues from the Department of Oncology and Radiology. Such a complex process as cancer treatment needs to involve a multidisciplinary team of specialists of surgeon, radiologist, chemotherapist, pathologist, anesthesiologist.
What doctors specialize in the treatment of lung cancer in Acibadem Hospital?
The team of specialists is headed by the of main thoracic clinic surgeon Dr. Erdal Okur, who has extended the lives of hundreds of patients.
What methods of lung cancer diagnostics are applied in Acibadem?
- Physical examination;
- X-ray of the chest;
- Examination of the esophageal to assess the state of infracarinal lymph nodes;
- CT of the chest;
- Transthoracic puncture of the tumor under CT control;
- Ultrasound of the chest and abdomen, supraclavicular areas to exclude distant metastases;
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS);
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- Medianoscopy ;
- Scintigraphy of the skeleton.
Lung cancer diagnostics cost in Acibadem
The cost is around $ 3,000. Total price is formed individually for each patient, you can now get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Acibadem Clinic?
Main types of techniques for the lung cancer treatment in Acibadem:
- Wedge resection;
The most appropriate treatment for lung cancer in the clinic is determined by a council of Acibadem doctors, which include such specialists as the chemotherapist, radiation oncologist, pulmonologist, thoracic surgeon, pathologist and a nuclear medicine specialist.
If the diagnostic result detect the necessity of surgery, then at the Department of Thoracic Surgery performed minimally invasive surgery (VATS - Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery) for the treatment of lung cancer at its early stages.
The other methods include:
- Radiotherapy - Radiosurgery (SRS);
- Chemotherapy: adjuvant (postoperative) and the non-adjuvant (pre-operative);
- Targeted therapy or laser therapy;
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT);
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Assuta Hospital
- Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Assuta Clinic
- Methods of lung cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center
Assuta Hospital in Israel is fitted with an upgradable department of pulmonology. Patients all over the world who have the severest diseases of respiratory tracts and lungs.
Leading specialists of pulmonology in Israel - Prof. Ben-Dov Issahar, Prof. Ofer Merimsky, Prof. Svetlana Zalmanova - make the diagnosis and treat the patients.
Under their supervision, the team of specialists of Assuta Clinic apply effective and simultaneously the most sparing methods of lung cancer treatment as cryodestruction, photoradiation therapy, local irradiation, as well as innovative technology of argon removal and holmium laser (Ho-YAG).
Oncologists in Assuta Clinic apply new methods of immunotherapy, when the patient receives lower doses of chemicals. Methods of lung cancer treatment is selected individually.
What methods of lung cancer diagnostics are in Assuta Hospital?
- Complete biochemical blood test + coagulogram, electrolytes, lipids, tumor markers;
- Functional diagnostics of lung;
- PET/CT for the final confirmation of presence of oncological disease and/or metastatic foci;
- Lung biopsy under CT or ultrasound + histological and immunological studies;
- Іtress echocardiography.
There are other methods that are applicable at Assuta Medical Center, allowing to diagnosticate lung cancer at its early stage:
- Fine-needle aspiration (FNA);
- Thoracocentesis (pleural tap).
Program of lung cancer diagnostics of any stage lasts from 3 to 7 days.
What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Assuta Clinic?
The cost of diagnostics varies from $ 4,000 to $ 7,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, and you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital?
According to lung cancer indications, Assuta Hospital provides:
- Lobectomy (removal of the lobe of the lung);
- Radiofrequency ablation of the tumor;
- Galvanocaustics (diathermy);
- Photodynamic therapy;
- Laser therapy;
- Radiosurgical intervention (CyberKnife system);
- Radiation therapy (including brachytherapy, IMRT, Rapid Arc system);
- Chemotherapy courses;
- Gene therapy (if EGFR mutations were detected);
- Targeted therapy.
If lung cancer is diagnosticated at its early stages, the survivability after treatment reaches 50%. This indicator is one of the best in the world. After the surgery, the patient is sent to the surgical department where he is close followed-up for a week. Patients who do not have pain, return to the usual rhythm of life in the shortest period.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
- Methods of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Clinic
- Cost of lung cancer diagnostics in Sheba Hospital
- Methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Hospital
Why Sheba Hospital is considered as one of the leading centers of treatment of lung cancer?
Sheba is the only one cancer center in Europe and the Middle East, that have signed a cooperation agreement with the world-famous American MD Anderson Cancer Center. By virtue of this agreement, specialists of Sheba Hospital are constantly improving their methods of early diagnostics and treatment protocols in accordance with the latest scientific developments of the leading oncology institutes of the world.
Dr. On Amir, Head of the Department of Lung Cancer in Sheba Clinic, an internationally recognized authority in the field of lung cancer pathology treatment.
Professor Alon Elin, famous for his specialization in minimally invasive thoracic surgeries, practices lobe removing by means of thoracoscopic method at Sheba Medical Center.
Each patient who comes over to treatment the Department of Oncology gets an individual treatment plan, including palliative care, rehabilitation program, social assistance, psychological and emotional support.
The program of examination and diagnostics of suspected lung cancer in Sheba Clinic includes the following procedures:
- A detailed physical examination;
- Complete laboratory hematological tests, including tumor markers searching and genetic testing;
- An analysis of phlegm and flushing from the bronchial tree;
- A biopsy of the tumor with a cytokine and histopathological analysis of tissue samples;
- Ultrasound (sonography);
- Chest X-ray with some projections;
- Three-dimensional CT and/or MRI;
What is the cost of lung cancer diagnostics at Sheba Medical Center?
Prices vary from $ 4,000 to $ 7,000. The cost is formed individually for each patient, you can get a personal treatment program with the exact prices right now!
What are the methods of lung cancer treatment in Sheba Clinic?
- Patients at I-II stage of lung cancer in Sheba are treated with the surgery of partial resection - removal of the tumor and its surrounding segment of healthy tissue, or the removal of one lung lobe, that is called pulmonary lobectomy.
- Patients at III stage of lung cancer, when the tumor spreads beyond one lung lobe, are underwent the removal of whole lung (pneumonectomy).
- Patients with the stage III of lung cancer are also appointed with additional treatment: chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy.
- Treatment of the VI stage of lung cancer includes chemotherapy and radiotherapy to prolongate the patient's life and relieve symptoms.
Courses of targeted therapy (in particular if tumors are resistant to classical anti-tumor drugs).