Top bone marrow transplant hospitals are listed on this page. Compare prices and read reviews to choose the best medical center.
Info YOU should know about:
- 80-99% success rate of bone marrow transplant. The listed centers show great statistics for BMT.
- Fast travel arrangement. The arrangement of medical travel takes from 2 days to 3 weeks depending on the country of destination.
- The hospitals conduct donor's searching. If it's impossible to perform autologous BMT, and a patient does not have a related donor, bone marrow centers start searching for a donor in the local or world donor banks.
- The cost of the bone marrow transplant differs. The procedure may cost from $22,000 in India up to $250,00 in Germany or South Korea. The cost significantly ranges depending on the country and stem cells transplant type.
Submit a request to get an extensive consultation regarding bone marrow transplant procedure or contact the hospital. This option is free.
- 250 bone marrow transplant procedures are performed annually. This number of procedures points out a vast experience of Anadolu BMT center and makes it one among top rated bone marrow transplant hospitals.
- Autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants are performed at Anadolu Bone Marrow Transplant.
- BMT is performed for patients aged 16 and over.
- The level of Anadolu equipment makes possible to conduct BMT for 22 patients simultaneously.
- Anadolu is certified by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) for qualitative diagnostics and effective treatment of patients with oncological diseases.
- Anadolu is a partner of Johns Hopkins Hospital, the leading medical facility of the USA. This means, Anadolu doctors interchange the experience with international colleagues and implement new technologies in Turkey.
Anadolu Medical Center offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $35000 to $120000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 157 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Egypt and Uzbekistan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- The BMT is performed for children and adults at Medipol.
- 500,000 patients choose Medipol for treatment annually. A significant number of them prefer Medipol to have the best bone marrow transplant.
- Medipol is 1 out of 4 medical centers in Turkey equipped with Pyxis Medication Management System that controls the medicines taking. It provides a patient with a right drug and dose in an appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
Medipol Mega Hastaneler Kompleksi offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $27000 to $135000. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 147 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine and Uzbekistan. The travel arrangement takes 4 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Sourasky Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation unit is considered top national BMT center according to the hospital’s data.
- Autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplants are performed for children and adults.
- Sourasky is in Top 10 list of the most popular hospitals for medical tourism in the world. The ranking is composed by Newsweek magazine, authoritative American edition.
Sourasky Medical Center offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $90000 to $188000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 101 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Croatia. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Israel and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Helios Berlin Buch has access to the German National Bone Marrow Donor Registry to perform a bone marrow transplant in the shortest term.
- 240 bone marrow transplants annually.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in the list of top German medical facilities according to the Focus magazine rating 2018. This also makes Helios as one of the best bone marrow centers in Germany.
- 200,000 patients choose Helios for treatment annually.
- Autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplant types are carried out at Helios Berlin Buch.
Helios Berlin Buch offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $199700 to $277400. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 44 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Berlin, Germany. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Germany and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
LIV Hospital Group consists of multi-specialized Turkish hospital with two divisions of LIV Hospital Ankara, and LIV Hospital Istanbul (Ulus). Both of them are smart hospitals of new generation with all the medical technologies available in the world: da Vinci robot-assisted system for the surgeries, MAKOplasty for knee replacement, YAG Laser for vascular surgery, virtual angiography for cardiac diagnostics, etc. In 2016, LIV hospital had the best success rate among all Turkish hospitals. Three LIV centers are entitled as the Centers of Excellence.
How to choose the best hospital for bone marrow transplant?
While choosing the best medical center for bone marrow (stem cells) transplant, pay attention to such factors:
- Types of performed BMTs. There are 2 main types of bone marrow transplant — autologous (transplant of own stem cells) and allogeneic (transplant from a donor — related or unrelated). The hospital must be specialized in a BMT type you need. In case, an unrelated allogeneic bone marrow transplant is prescribed, the medical center must have access to a donor bank to perform the procedure as soon as possible.
- Doctor's experience. The main criterion of doctor's expertise in bone marrow transplant is how many procedures a specialist has been performed. The most experienced doctors have over 300-500 such procedures on their account.
- The cost of the procedure. Some people may think that bone marrow transplant is a costly procedure. In some cases, this is true. However such countries as Turkey or India can offer the cost 2-4 times cheaper than in Germany, Italy or Spain. The low price does not affect the success of BMT — the procedure in Turkish or Indian clinics is carried out under strict international protocols.
- The patient's age limit. Some bone marrow transplant centers do not serve children or patients under 16. Specify in your request a patient's age to choose the appropriate medical center.
- Time of treatment arrangements. The speed of treatment arrangements matters a lot. Some medical centers can do it faster, but some — may slow down the process. Always specify how much time it takes to do all necessary paperwork and start treatment.
It can be a little stressful for people who face the choice of the best hospital for bone marrow transplant. As far as the success of the procedure and somebody's life can depend on their choice. Bookimed has already helped hundreds of patients who needed a bone marrow transplant, and we know all the details regarding the BMT process, donor's searching, documents processing, pros and cons of every country and medical center. If you want to find the most suitable medical center in your case, submit a request on Bookimed. Our medical coordinator will answer all your questions and help with hospital and doctor searching. Our consultation is absolutely free.
What is the best place to get a bone marrow transplant?
Bone marrow transplant centers in Turkey work following international medical standards. Some of them have received a certificate from the European Group for Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation (EBMT). It confirms a high level of doctors' qualification, medical equipment of laboratories and BMT units.
The main benefit of bone marrow transplant in Turkey is affordable price without quality loss. The cost of the procedure is 1.5-3 times lower than in Europe or Israel. This is explained by different general price policies for medical services in these countries.
A top specialist for bone marrow transplant in Turkey is Dr. Zafer Gülbaş working at Anadolu Medical Center. He has over 30 years in onco-hematology. The doctor practiced in the USA, Canada, and Israel.
Bookimed cooperates with Israeli hospitals that have over 2,000 BMTs on their account. This makes Israeli onco-hematologists one of the most experienced in the world.
There is no age restriction for international patients to perform bone marrow transplant. One of the best BMT hospitals for children is Hadassah Medical Center, where over 1,500 stem cell transplants have been carried out to children.
The cost of BMT in Israel is 2-2.5 higher than in Turkey
Germany is considered one of the most developed countries to treat severe diseases, including disorders related to the blood pathologies. Experienced doctors included to the rankings of top specialists according to the Focus magazine and Leading Medicine medical site perform bone marrow transplant in Germany. The rankings are based on treatment effectiveness and patient reviews.
The cost of BMT in Germany is 1.5 times higher than in Israel, and 2-4 times than in Turkey. German hospitals do not accept children to perform a bone marrow transplant.
Which bone marrow transplant centers provide the best statistics?
The BMT hospitals listed on this page show about the same high-level statistics. However, according to Bookimed patient reviews, the best centers for bone marrow transplant are:
- Anadolu Medical Center (Turkey). Serves patients over 16 years old. Over 250 BMTs are performed annually.
- Sant Joan de Deu (Spain). Serves children up to 21 years old. Up to 100% is a success rate for bone marrow transplant (it may differ depending on BMT type).
- Hadassah Medical Center. Serves adults and children. Over 3,500 bone marrow for adults and 1,500 procedures for children have been carried out.
Submit a request to choose the best BMT center in your case. This option is free.
How fast a bone marrow transplant can be performed?
The speed of bone marrow arrangement in hospitals depends on many factors. Among the key ones are:
- Type of BMT. The arrangement of autologous bone marrow transplant or allogeneic from the related donor takes much less time than from unrelated donor. It may take several months to find a donor for a patient.
- Visa issue. If you need a visa to cross the border, it takes some time to apply for it. If the hospital sends an invitation to you, the process is speeded significantly.
- Patient health condition. In most of the cases, bone marrow transplant is performed, when a patient is in remission (after chemo treatment, for instance). The medical condition of each patient is considered individually by a doctor.
If there is no extra issues, the treatment can be arranged within 2-14 days after request on Bookimed website.
How long should I wait for a donor?
First of all, you choose the hospital for a bone marrow transplant, and then a doctor decides whether unrelated allogeneic BMT is suitable for you. If yes, the doctor initiates the searching for a donor in a local donor bank, and then (if necessary) in the world’s donor bank.
The searching may take from several weeks to months. When a suitable donor is found, it takes about 2 weeks to make all medical tests. Then, a donor's material is sent to a hospital.
Note that searching for a donor can increase the total bone marrow transplant cost by about $10,000.
How is bone marrow transplant (stem cells) conducted?
A bone marrow transplant is not a surgery!
The procedure is very similar to blood transfusion. Let's consider its steps.
- Harvesting of stem cells. To collect donor's or patient's bone marrow, a doctor makes an incision in the pelvic area and takes the necessary amount of bone marrow with a needle. The procedure lasts about 30-60 minutes.
- Bone marrow transplant. A doctor administers bone marrow cells intravenously to a patient. The transplanted bone marrow cells start adapting and producing new blood cells.
Before the procedure, a patient stays in a special sterile room called box to avoid infections. The bone marrow transplant is performed after the special preparation — a patient undergoes chemo or radiotherapy to destroy cancer cells and avoid the rejection.
Where is it possible to get a bone marrow transplant for children?
Not every bone marrow hospital in the world is ready to conduct a pediatric bone marrow transplant. However, there are some hospitals, where little patients can undergo the procedure with a high success rate. Among them are Hadassah Medical Center (Israel), Sourasky Medical Center (Israel), Sant Joan de Deu (Spain), Memorial Medical Center (Turkey), Medipol Medical Center (Turkey), San Raffaele Ospedale (Italy), etc.
Submit a request to get a cost of the procedure and schedule an appointment with a doctor. This option is free.
What affects the bone marrow transplant cost?
The cost of a bone marrow transplant procedure depends on the following factors:
- Country for the procedure. The cheapest bone marrow transplant is in India, then Turkey goes. The highest prices are in Israel, Germany, Italy, Spain, South Korea.
- BMT type. Autologous bone marrow transplant is the cheapest type as far as less medical tests and no donor searching are required. The most expensive one is allogeneic BMT from an unrelated donor.
How to get an appointment at a top hospital for BMT?
- Compare the info and prices provided by each hospital for bone marrow transplant at this page.
- Submit the request on Bookimed website.
- Our medical coordinator will contact you to answer all questions and find out your preferences.
- According to the patient diagnosis, age, and health condition, Bookimed coordinator will help to choose the most suitable option in your case.
- Then, the patient's medical records are sent to a chosen hospital to receive a cost estimate and approve the appointment.
- If you approve the bill, we start to arrange your medical travel to a chosen medical center.
Bookimed services are free for a patient. You pay directly to a clinic.
How much does bone marrow transplantation cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the bone marrow transplantation individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final bone marrow transplantation cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
49 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate bone marrow transplantation cost is:
- The average cost is $138800. The lowest price is $22000 and the highest — $277400.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a clinic No. 1 for foreign patients according to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance, the international organization for medical tourism.
The Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center. It is a part of Asklepios Kliniken, the most significant German hospitals' network.
Asklepios Barmbek specializes in Oncology, Oncohematology, Surgery, and Pulmonology.
80,000 patients from Germany and other countries worldwide receive treatment annually here.
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is a multidisciplinary hospital included in the network of medical centers Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Bremen-Mitte specializes in oncology, orthopedics, surgery, neurology, and neurosurgery.
In 2015-2016, Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included the hospital in the TOP of the leading medical institutions in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews and doctors’ qualifications.
40,000 patients choose Klinikum Bremen-Mitte for treatment every year.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
Bumrungrad International Hospital offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $137000 to $170000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 48 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Bangkok, Thailand. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Thailand and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Top European hospital for children. In general, Sant Joan de Deu has 33 certificates that confirm the quality of diagnostic and treatment.
- Over 500 bone marrow transplants (allogeneic and autologous) have been performed.
- 90-100% is BMT success rate at Sant Joan de Deu. Such a great result makes Sant Joan de Deu one of the best bone marrow transplant centers in Europe.
- The hospital treats patients from the infant age to 21.
- 84% is a 5-year survival rate for patients with lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Sant Joan de Deu belongs to Innovative Therapies for Children with Cancer consortium that provides access to the latest treatment developments and clinical trials.
Sant Joan de Déu – Barcelona Children’s Hospital offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $226300. The hospital ranking is 4.8 according to 12 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Barcelona, Spain. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Spain and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Top Italian scientific research center.
- Dr. Fabio Ciceri heads the Hematology Department with over 30 years of experience in this field.
- Over 1,000 bone marrow transplants have been performed. Such a number of operations makes San Raffaele Ospedale one of the best bone marrow transplant centers in the world.
- The BMT procedure is conducted for children and adults.
San Raffaele Hospital offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $177500. The hospital ranking is 4.1 according to 17 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Milan, Italy. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Italy and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Apollo Indraprastha is JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited. It means that the quality of medical procedures complies with strict international standards.
- In general, over 1,500 BMT procedures have been performed within Apollo Hospitals Group.
- The BMT is conducted for children and adults here.
- Apollo Indraprastha is considered the best multidisciplinary hospital in India according to The Week magazine rating.
Apollo Hospital Indraprastha offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $25400. The hospital ranking is 3.5 according to 7 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Delhi, India. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in India and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
Memorial Şişli Hospital offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $36700 to $105400. The hospital ranking is 4.6 according to 43 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
Medicana Group of Hospitals is a large healthcare organization that follows world’s standards of treatment. It comprises 12 modern clinics and employs over 3,500 medical personnel. All hospitals have high-tech equipment, caring and experienced medical staff. Medicana Hospitals meet quality and service standards of the Turkish Ministry of Health and the Joint Commission International (JCI).
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
Ewha Woman's University Medical Center (EUMC) is a multidisciplinary hospital for women only. It's located in Seoul, South Korea.
The treatment of breast, thyroid, urogenital cancers, and joint replacement — are the clinic's top specialties.
Ewha doctors focus on the aesthetic results of the procedures. They perform minimally invasive operations through small incisions so that a woman does not get visible scars.
Patients from Europe, Russia, China, and the United Arab Emirates choose Ewha Medical Center every year.
Samsung Medical Center is a prominent multidisciplinary hospital in South Korea that has repetitively received many awards in customer satisfaction and services quality. It has a special status of “Hospital of presidential standards”. A part of Samsung Medical Complex, Comprehensive Cancer Center provides the most thorough treatment for cancer patients using state-of-the-art equipment: Novalis, IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), Da Vinci surgical system, etc.
- Hadassah Bone Marrow Transplant Department is the 1st in Israel to receive the accreditation from Joint Accreditation Committee ISCT-EUROPE & EBMT (JACIE). It means that BMT procedure at Hadassah is performed at the same level as in top world bone marrow transplant hospitals.
- More than 3,500 bone marrow transplant procedures have been performed at Hadassah — 1,200 of them for children.
- Over 40 years of experience in bone marrow transplantation.
Hadassah Medical Center offers to perform bone marrow transplantation from $190000 to $200000. The hospital ranking is 4.5 according to 2 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Jerusalem, Israel. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of bone marrow transplantation in Israel and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.