The consultation was good. We received answers to all our questions.For sure I will recommend you.
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is a multidisciplinary hospital included in the network of medical centers Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Bremen-Mitte specializes in oncology, orthopedics, surgery, neurology, and neurosurgery.
In 2015-2016, Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included the hospital in the TOP of the leading medical institutions in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews and doctors’ qualifications.
40,000 patients choose Klinikum Bremen-Mitte for treatment every year.
I would like to thank the Vookimed international client support center and coordinator Ekaterina for selecting and organizing a consultation at the Nord Alliance clinic. The work was built clearly, efficiently, without exerting any psychological pressure. For all questions of interest to me, Ekaterina provided, at short intervals, the most tactful, detailed documents and payment for services.
On one point of joint cooperation they did not mislead me, I received a detailed conclusion and in the clinic itself they also answered all that I was concerned about. On her own research she was convinced that they can be trusted. Once again, thank you so much
Everything is normal, there are no questions and comments!
I has a Skype conversation with doctor in Bremen-mitte clinic. Actually I was a very good option for me as I could not travel in the time being. The hopital meducal coordinator was supportive and she qas keen and she called me by phone 1 hour before the conversation with physician to confirm the time and she called me also to be sure that I am online to start tge conversation. The Bookimed medical doctor assistance was very helpful from the start minute I sent message to Bookimed. She called me on phone and took all the information to provide the best solution for my situation, I would like to thank her so much. She was answering me rapidly either through e-mail or WhatsApp after that. She was very cooperative and when I faced a problem with the time of conversation she rearrange another one rapidly.
- Bremen-Mitte Cancer Center
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Surgical Department
- Neurology Department
- Neurosurgery Department
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte was founded in 1851. It is one of the 4 medical centers forming the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen, the largest medical group in Northern Germany treating 250,000 patients per year.
Bremen-Mitte includes 31 offices and 7 specialized centers. There is a Chinese Medicine Institute on the premises of the hospital, where patients can be treated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine.
The hospital is located 3 km away from the center of Bremen and 6 km from the international airport.
- Up-to-day equipment. The hospital is equipped with magnetic resonance and positron-emission computed tomography of the latest generation. With their help, specialists diagnose malignant and benign tumors with 100% accuracy.
- Leading doctors in Germany. Bremen-Mitte experts are regular members of the prestigious ranks including Focus. Focus ratings take into account the number and successful outcome of the surgeries carried out, the development of original methods of treatment, participation in international and national studies.
- Medical Tourism Department. The Department employees coordinate patients during the diagnostics and treatment.
DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008
The Certificate confirms the compliance with hygiene standards, the availability of modern equipment and a streamlined work of a medical team. All technical and management measures are aimed at preventing a medical error and increasing the safety of the treatment in the hospital.
Ranked among TOP 100 best hospitals in Germany 2015, 2016
The network of Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen (Nord Klinik Allianz) was included in the list of the best German hospitals according to the Focus magazine. The rating is based on patients’ feedback, doctors’ achievements, the number of successful operations.
The Cancer Centre at Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG) and the European Cancer Society (ECS). This approves the hospital has all the necessary equipment for the diagnosis and treatment of all types of cancer.
The Center includes 7 research institutes. The Breast Cancer Institute, the Stomach Cancer Institute, and the Prostate Cancer Institute are the largest ones.
Bremen-Mitte doctors use the following techniques:
- Chemotherapy — treatment of cancer with drugs.
- Radiation therapy — irradiation of the tumor.
- Brachytherapy — a subtype of radiation therapy, when the radiation source is injected into the affected organ. The advantage of the method is a targeted effect on cancer cells not damaging healthy tissues. Brachytherapy causes less side effects. It is prescribed for the treatment of cervix, vagina, rectum, prostate, esophagus and tongue cancers.
- Immunotherapy is a treatment with special drugs activating the human immune system and helping it to fight with cancer cells.
- Radioiodine therapy is a treatment with low radioactive substances. The technique is used for the treatment of malignant diseases of the thyroid gland. Radioactive iodine is accumulated in the thyroid gland and acts directly on this area, and the load on the body is minimal.
- HIPEC (Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) — a therapy using heated chemotherapy to affect the abdominal cavity. The method is used to treat patients with peritoneal tumors in the latter stages. Its primary aim is to prolong patients’ lives. According to the Bremen-Mitte’s statistics, 66% of hospital’s patients live after the procedure for more than 5 years.
DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
The Department is certified by the German Society for Orthopaedics and Trauma (DGOU) and works as an interregional center. This means that Bremen-Mitte doctors treat all diseases of the musculoskeletal system and accept patients with complicated cases from other hospitals in the region for treatment.
Bremen-Mitte orthopedists specialize in the treatment of old injuries and their consequences, tumor surgery and joint replacement.
The Pediatric Orthopedic Unit works on the premises of the Department. The Unit receives children from birth to 18 years on the treatment.
A patient in the Children's Orthopedics Department
The Department includes oncological, gastroenterological, endocrine and general surgery units.
The Department is certified by the German Society of Vascular Surgery (DGG) as a specialized center for vascular surgery. The certificate confirms surgeries are provided with minimal risk of postoperative complications and the highly successful outcome.
The number of operations performed annually by Bremen-Mitte surgeons:
- 70 — on the pancreas;
- 12 — on the bile ducts;
- 115 — to remove the gallbladder;
- 30 — on the stomach;
- 25 — on the esophagus;
- 230 — on the intestines;
- 70 — on the thyroid gland.
Da Vinci surgery
The Department specializes in treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. There is a specialized rehabilitation center on the premises of the Department accommodating up to 85 patients.
Bremen-Mitte neurologists treat patients with severe brain injury, disorders of consciousness, including patients with a persistent vegetative state.
Young patients with cerebral palsy, metabolic diseases, congenital malformations of the brain are treated in the Pediatric Neurology Unit.
Treatment of children with neurological disorders required a complex therapy involving experts in various specialties as neuropediatrics, neuropsychologists, cardiologists, physiotherapists, labor and music therapists.
Neurosurgeons of the Department specialize in operations on the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. The main specialty is the treatment of an intervertebral hernia, spinal cord, and spinal cord injuries.
The Department has 2 operating rooms in which doctors perform all types of interventions — from microsurgical to open ones.
Specialists provide mostly microsurgical interventions through small incisions using a microscope. This allows increasing the success of the intervention and reducing the recovery period to several days.
The Department team includes neurosurgeons and anesthesiologists. After the operation, recreation therapists and physiotherapists work with a patient for a fast return to a normal life.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
- Airport-hotel-airport transfer
- Full-board accommodation including hospital's menu
- Medical translation if required
- Patient's coordination by hospital's employee
Other hospitals of Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen:
- 321 hospitals worldwide
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews and global community