Clinics Around the World Offering Small Intestine Cancer Advanced Treatment
Small bowel cancer is a rare (only 1-2% of all GI malignancies) form of malignant tumors that is formed in the tissues of the small intestine.
There are 5 types of small intestine cancer:
- Adenocarcinoma occurs in the duodenum or jejunum from gland cells.
- Leiomyosarcoma arise in the ileum from muscle tissue.
- Carcinoid tumors are developed in the ileum from hormone-producing cells.
- Lymphoma (non-Hodgkin lymphoma) occurs in the jejunum or ileum from lymph system.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors occur in the walls of the digestive tract from interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC).
Cancer patients worldwide look for the best hospitals for small bowel cancer treatment and choose clinics of Israel, Germany, Spain, Italy and India. Here are the list of best world hospital specialized in treatment of small intestine cancer that provide all procedures according to the international protocol.
The Department of Oncology at Sourasky Medical Center is the leading in Israel for cancer treatment. This is one of the first oncologic medical centers in the world to implement the interdisciplinary approach in cancer treatment. Ichilov Medical Center is a versatile institution. On its basis, the National Centers of Israel for adult and children's oncology, Radiation therapy Center have been established. The Ichilov Clinic is also a significant research center at Tel Aviv University. The Center is carrying out large-scale research to combat cancer. The authoritative magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 of the World's Best Clinics list. And the doctors, working at Sourasky, are in TOP-5 of the Forbes rating.
The Anadolu Cancer Center acts according to the standard of The Johns Hopkins Hospital (USA). Anadolu doctors apply advanced international protocols for treatment and care, as well as diagnosis of cancer. The Cancer Center was opened in 2005, and now holds 1 place in Turkey and 4 in Europe on the use of innovative systems CyberKnife, TrueBeam.
The system "hospital within the hospital" allows to connect doctors of those areas that are necessary for comprehensive surveillance and complete recovery of cancer patients.
The medical center offers small intestine cancer treatments from $24000 to $28000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 135 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the small intestine cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
Nordwest Krankenhaus is a multi specialized medical institution, a leading hospital in Germany. It comprises 5 research institutes and 11 specialized centers. Patients with small intestine cancer undergo treatment under the control of specialists of the Center for Oncology. The Center for Oncology and Hematology of the Nordwest Clinic has been certified by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology). There are only 22 medical institutions of this level in the world.
The medical center offers small intestine cancer treatments from $34100. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 36 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the small intestine cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Pyxis Medication Management System. Medipol is one out of 4 medical centers in Turkey where this automated system is applied. Pyxis controls the medicines taking. It provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in a appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
- Liv is the 1st recognized Center of Excellence outside the USA in colorectal and robotic surgery by SRC (Surgical Review Corporation). It is an internationally known healthcare leader to provide the high safety and efficiency of surgical treatment worldwide.
- Liv is certified by TÜV, European Technical Inspection Association. It confirms the high technological level of the applied equipment.
- Over 50,000 international patients choose Liv Hospital.
- Liv Cancer Center provides world-class oncology treatment options. Liv doctors apply intraoperative radiation to destroy malignant cells and prevent the relapse. This cancer treatment option is performed only once during a tumor removal. For comparison, traditional radiotherapy takes at least 1 month.
- The equipment at Liv is renovated each year, so specialists conduct cancer diagnostics and treatment using the latest accurate devices.
- Liv Hospital is a premium-class medical facility. Here you will feel comfortable like in a 5-star hotel.
Types of Small Intestine Cancer:
Adenocarcinoma derives from the gland cells that form intestinal epithelium. It is the most frequently found type of small intestine cancer. Usually adenocarcinomas occur in the area near the stomach.
Leiomyosarcoma is the most often found disease of the small intestine among primary sarcomas. It is started in the smooth muscle cells of the small bowel. Often these tumors occur near the colon.
Carcinoid tumors is a slow-growing type of cancer. These neuroendocrine tumors may secrete substances such as serotonin or prostaglandins, causing «carcinoid syndrome».
Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymph system ( non-Hodgkin lymphoma type). Usually occurs in the jejunum or ileum.
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) can grow from the interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC). These cells are located in the wall of the digestive system and help to move food through it.
First 4 types make up the majority of small intestine malignancies.
Small Bowel Cancer: Diagnosis
Doctors use specific tests to diagnose small intestine cancer. Not all tests are used for every person. When choosing a test doctor consuders symptoms, type of suspected cancer, patient`s age and results of earlier medical tests. Diagnostics of small intestine cancer includes various blood tests, biopsy, CT scan, PET scan, MRI and endoscopy.
Small Intestine Surgery Treatment Options
The main ways to treat small intestine cancer are small intestine surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Surgery is the basic treatment option. During laparoscopic («keyhole») procedure a tumor is removed along with some area of normal tissue surrounding it. To decrease the risk of spreading the cancer surgery has to be done by an experienced surgeon. Bookimed offers only best equipped clinics with world's top-abdominal surgeons. The cost of small intestine surgery depends on type, location and size of tumor.
Small Intestine Cancer Survival Rate
Survival rate for all types of small bowel cancer is 67%.
The overall 5-year survival rate for small intestine cancer that can be removed:
- adenocarcinoma 20%;
- leiomyosarcoma 50%;
- malignant GIST 76%.
How much does small intestine cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9700|
|Radiotherapy||$3150 - $29600|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4100|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of small intestine cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final small intestine cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
89 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate small intestine cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $220. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average treatment price is $33000. The lowest price is $17000 and the highest — $53400.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
The Oncology Department of Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) cooperates with the Sloane-Kettering Memorial Sluggish Center in the USA. Specialists provide treatment of malignant tumors of the mammary gland, organs of the gastrointestinal tract, brain, and spinal cord. The Department includes a unit of medical oncology, radiotherapy and radiosurgery, hematology. Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used to detect tumors and metastases. Cancer treatment is carried out according to the European protocols. The Clinic uses Da Vinci surgical robot, the innovative Novalis radiotherapy system to remove a tumor without surgery, the SIRT procedure for the treatment of liver cancer.
- Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating. It means that the hospital complies with the strict quality demands and provides foreign patients with advanced treatment. It makes Asklepios Barmbek one of the best German clinics for cancer therapy.
- 16,000 patients prefer this German center to treat oncology. It is equipped with the latest technologies; doctors have over 15-20 years of experience in cancer treatment.
- It is certified by German Cancer Society. That means you have access to the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Oncology types treated at Asklepios Barmbek: liver, lung, stomach, pancreas, esophagus, colorectal, kidney, prostate, testicular, bladder, breast cancer, uterine and ovarian cancers; leukemia, plasmacytoma.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
- Medical Center in Solingen is included in Top German hospitals according to the Focus magazine ranking.
- All the practicing surgeons have over 20 years of experience.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
- Certification from German Cancer Society that confirms the compliance of oncology treatment with the strictest German cure protocols.
- Gesundheit Nord Bremen consists of narrow-specialized cancer treatment centers. It means that doctors have vast experience in a particular oncological disease treatment that increases chances to choose the most appropriate therapy.
- Top German oncologists. Specialists of Gesundheit Nord have practiced in the leading American hospitals. They are permanently included in the Focus magazine ranking as best cancer specialists in Germany.
- Second medical opinion. It is possible to arrange online consultation with a doctor from Gesundheit Nord Bremen regarding the diagnosis and adequacy of the prescribed treatment.
- Such cancer types are treated at this German oncology center: breast, gynecological, prostate, skin, head and neck, gastrointestinal, leukemia.
The medical center offers small intestine cancer treatments from $47800 to $53400. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.3 according to 23 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the small intestine cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in Top German hospitals rating 2018 composed by the Focus magazine. It means that the hospital complies with strict treatment demands, and its therapies show the highest efficiency rate.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Helios according to anonymous survey among them.
- Helios Berlin Buch doctors lead the clinical trials of new treatment methods regarding cancer cure in Germany. If you would like and in case you correspond requirements, you can participate in the experiment and try the latest developments.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
- Cancer treatment according to the strict international protocols. According to Medicana information, it is a main center for cancer treatment in Turkey.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of American Society of Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standard of treatment reaching the American medicine level.