Astrocytoma Treatment Options
Astrocytoma is a glial brain tumor arising from astrocytes. This type of tumor can be diagnosed both in children and adults. Treatment plan for astrocytoma depends on its type, size, location, tumor grade, a patient’s age and health condition.
The prior method for treatment of astrocytoma is surgery. To destroy remained pathologic cells after removal of astrocytoma, chemotherapy and radiotherapy are applied.
Surgery for astrocytoma is not always possible to be conducted because of a high traumatic risk of neighboring tissues.In this case specialists use CyberKnife.
- Sourasky Neurosurgery Department has been serving patients since 1964. Prof. Zvi Ram heads the Department. The doctor has conducted over 2,000 surgeries on the brain and spinal cord. To receive a consultation with dr. Zvi Ram, specify it in your request.
- The Department is one among the most advanced in Israel for neurosurgical pathologies treatment, including brain cancer.
- 2,500 neurosurgical interventions for children and adults with 98% average success rate.
- 80% of Israeli patients choose Sourasky for neurosurgical treatment. This means, neurosurgeons have vast experience in therapy. These facts make Sourasky one of the best brain cancer treatment centers.
- Sourasky Medical Center is ranked among Top 10 most popular hospitals in the world for medical tourists according to the Newsweek magazine. About 400,000 international patients choose Sourasky for treatment annually.
- The latest CyberKnife M6 and Truebeam Edge devices for radiotherapy are used at Anadolu. Now only these 2 systems irradiate hard-to-reach brain tumors accurately, without affecting healthy tissues.
- Anadolu is a partner of Johns Hopkins Hospital, No. 1 center in the USA. You will receive brain cancer diagnostics and treatment based on American standards.
- Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI) certified Anadolu for the successful treatment of cancer. Only 30 medical institutions in the world have such an approval.
- The equipment is regularly renovated at Anadolu, so doctors apply only the latest technologies.
- The treatment costs at Anadolu are 1.5-2 times lower than in Europe and 3-4 than in America. Due to this, Anadolu offers the best price-quality ratio and is considered among top brain cancer hospitals.
The medical center offers astrocytoma treatments from $9000 to $45000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 133 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the astrocytoma treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
- Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu is a leading neurosurgeon at Liv. He specializes in surgical treatment of brain tumors. The doctor practiced in British, American, and Turkish medical facilities to improve his skills. Submit a request to get a consultation with Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu.
- Liv hospital is one among few hospitals in Turkey where the latest TrueBeam STx is applied to irradiate brain cancer tumor. It affects the neoplasm with minimal affecting healthy tissues.
- About 260 neuro-surgeries are performed annually at Liv. Their average success rate is 91% (the average index in Turkey is 81%).
- Teknon belongs to Quiron Salud Medical Holding, which is considered the 1st in Spain and 2rd in Europe regarding the treatment success rate, staff qualification, and equipment level.
- Prof. Oliver Bartolome heads the Neurosurgery Department and has 40 years of experience in this field. He is an author of fluorescent surgery to remove the brain tumor. This is a unique technique when gliomas cells are "painted" with special substance and light in red color. So a doctor can differ healthy cells from malignant ones and remove a tumor minimizing the brain damage. Due to this, Teknon is among top brain cancer hospitals in Europe.
- Teknon neurosurgeons use innovative Renishaw Neuromate navigation system. This is a robotic device that accurately detects a pathology location in the brain. So a doctor removes a tumor almost wholly. The possibility of complications after this surgery is minimal.
- The Neurosurgery Department cooperates with the Teknon Oncology Institute. The last one applies American protocols for cancer patients treatment. The protocol was established at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, one of the best hospitals in the USA.
- Teknon also serves children with brain tumors.
- Medipol is the largest private hospital in Turkey. Medical staff follow the strict American health care standards and and provide world-class quality of treatment.
- Excellent medical care of the hospital is proved by Joint Commission International (JCI), the global organization that controls medical services quality and safety in hospitals worldwide.
- Medipol is equipped with the latest technologies and devices. For instance, the PYXIS System, a drug management device to minimize the risk of medical error. PYXIS controls a patient to receive the right dose of drugs in a certain way and time. Only a few hospitals in Turkey apply PYXIS.
- In comparison with European medical centers, Medipol provides the brain cancer treatment 1.5-2 times cheaper.
How much does astrocytoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9600|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $30000|
|Brain tumor removal||$7700 - $45000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Brain MRI||$340 - $1950|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of astrocytoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final astrocytoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
115 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate astrocytoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $230. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average treatment price is $27000. The lowest price is $9000 and the highest — $45000.
- Top choice among medical tourists — about 520,000 international patients from 190 countries visit Bumrungrad annually.
- Bumrungrad is ranked among Top 30 most advanced hospitals in the world according to the Top Master's in Healthcare Administration. This means the latest technologies are applied for brain cancer treatment.
- IBM Watson is an artificial intelligence for development the brain cancer treatment plan. Watson for Oncology is a supercomputer that quickly processes the patient's personal medical data, international guidelines, and other cancer patients registered in Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital, top center in the USA. Within 10 minutes, IBM Watson recommends the most effective treatment plan in a particular case. For comparison, doctors need about 3-5 days to establish effective therapy. IBM Watson saves a patient's time and allows starting treatment immediately. This innovation makes Bumrungrad one of the best brain cancer hospitals in the world.
- About 300 radiotherapies and 1,500 chemo cycles are performed each year for cancer treatment.
- 29,000 cancer patients annually. This means that Bumrungrad doctors have vast experience in oncological diseases treatment, including brain cancer.
- The brain cancer treatment cost is 50-70% lower than in the USA or Canada due to the price policy in Thailand and local citizens' income.
The preliminary brain cancer happens seldom because usually it is about cancer metastases from the other body parts. The network of Asklepios medical centers is engaged into all known medical activities, being one of the most prestigious all over Germany. It provides the efficient diagnostics and the treatment of the malignant tumor process of any location and stage.
Asklepios medical holding is considered to be the leader in brain cancer treatment methods development, the hospitals are equipped by high-end class. The surgeries are held by the leading professionals of the country, such as Dr. med. Axel Stang and Prof. Dr. med. Paul Kremer, who is the Head of Department for Neurosurgery at Asklepios Klinik Nord.Brain cancer treatment in Germany
- Surgical removal of tumor, i.e. optimal treatment method. The basic neurosurgical access is applied as a rule, which decreases the risk to miss the metastases and helps to remove the neoplasm totally;
- The minimal invasive endoscopic methods of removal, radiologic surgery (Gamma Knife) and other innovative methods are applied for small tumors of slow growth;
- The radiotherapy and chemotherapy are applied to prevent the relapse after the surgery.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
- Prof. Jurgen Kiwit heads the Neurosurgery Department at Helios Berlin Buch for over 20 years. The doctor practiced in the leading British and German medical institutions. Dr. Kiwit can operate patients even with severe conditions if there is any possibility for recovery or health improvement. If you want Dr. Kiwit to manage your treatment, specify it in your request.
- Doctors apply MAPS robotic unit during the brain surgery. The device creates an image of the operated area, so neurosurgeons manipulate surgical instruments accurately. This minimizes possibility to affect the healthy brain cells during intervention.
- Helios Berlin Buch belongs to Helios Network, the largest one in Germany. The prices for treatment here are the lowest in Germany according to the Helios data.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in the best German hospitals ranking composed by the Focus magazine in 2018, an authoritative German edition. This also considers Helios Berlin Buch one of the best hospitals for brain cancer treatment.
Treatment of brain cancer at Solingen Center is conducted by doctors of Neurosurgery, Oncology and Radiology Departments. The leading specialists from other German clinics are invited for development of complex treatment and consultations.
Special system of computerized navigation and intraoperative MRI are used for removal of brain tumors. During an operation endoscopic and microsurgical methods are applied for removal of malignant tumors with maximum success rate.
Specialists of Neurosurgery Department at San Raffaele conduct a diagnostics and treatment of malignant tumors of central and peripheral nervous system. This national state center for treatment of brain cancer (meningiomas, chordomas, craniopharyngiomas) uses microsurgery and stereotaxic surgery with Gamma-Knife.
Using Gamma-Knife techniques for treatment of brain cancer allows influencing on tumor without surgical intervention and damaging healthy tissues.
Over 10,000 patients have undergone successful treatment with using Gamma-Knife.
The Department of Oncology at the Appollo Clinic (Delhi, India) specializes in the treatment of malignant diseases of the prostate, bones, intestines, and liver. < p>
Doctors perform a biopsy to diagnose cancer (blood test). Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) determines the location of tumors.
The surgeries are performed with a low-injury method - Da Vinci robotic system. Doctors apply a high-precision TomoTherapy system to irradiate tumors. Patients with inoperable neoplasms are prescribed radiotherapy on the Cyber-Knife apparatus. When removing hard-to-reach brain tumors, fluorescent imaging is used. The technique makes it possible to distinguish malignant neoplasm from healthy tissues.
92% of fluorescent operations are successful.
Patients with brain cancer can get treatment in Bremen-Mitte Clinic which belongs to stretch of Nord Klinik Allianz. 2 special operating theatres are equipped with systems for precise microsurgical operations. A neurosurgeon can control all the movements with these systems during a removal of a tumor. It allows distinguishing on microscopic level healthy tissue from damaged one.
In the Neurosurgery Department of clinic HM Hospitales a treatment of brain cancer is conducted in children and adults. For surgical intervention, doctors use cutting-edge medical technologies.
Scanner PET-MRI Siemens Healthcare (the only one in Spain), intraoperative MRI, apparatus for stereotactic radiosurgery Novalis. These methods allow influencing on malignant brain tumors, which are impossible to remove surgically. There is also a specialized program for treatment of brain cancer in the Clinic. Leading specialists in different fields (oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, neurosurgery) take part in this program. That is why a multidisciplinary approach in diagnostics and treatment of different kinds of malignant brain tumors is applied.
Treatment of brain cancer in Navarra Hospital is conducted by a team of doctors: neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurophysiologist, specialists of nuclear medicine. To remove a malignant brain tumor, an intraoperative fluorescence microscopy is applied: during this operation malignant cells are illuminated, so they are removed completely. Surgical unit of the Clinic is also equipped with special intraoperative system 3 Tesla MRI.
Clinical trials of new vaccines are conducted in Navarra Hospital, which are applied for certain kinds of brain cancer.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Cancer treatment according to the strict international protocols. According to Medicana information, it is a main center for cancer treatment in Turkey.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of American Society of Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standard of treatment reaching the American medicine level.