Best hospitals for rectal cancer treatment are presented below. The list is based on patient’s reviews and Bookimed expertise opinion. International patients choose these clinics due to the following reasons:
- High success rate. 88-92% is a 5-year survival rate for 1-3 stages rectal cancer according to cancer.net statistics.
- Effective surgical methods. Specialists perform open rectal cancer surgeries and minimally invasive techniques to cure rectal cancer. The last ones are safer, less traumatic, and don’t require long hospital stay.
- New therapies. Doctors apply targeted therapy to destroy cancer cells without damage to healthy ones and immunotherapy which boosts the patient’s immune system to fight cancer. Both treatments cause fewer side effects compared to traditional chemo.
- Treatment of metastatic rectal cancer. The medical centers below provide HIPEC for metastatic cancer – chemo drugs heated up to 42°C and put into the abdomen where a tumor is located. HIPEC targets only affected area in the abdominal cavity and causes less severe side effects on the whole body.
Submit a request on Bookimed to choose the best hospital for rectal cancer treatment.
- Surgical Oncology Department at Anadolu performs all types of surgeries for rectal cancer patients including minimally invasive ones. These techniques provide a low injury rate and faster recovery.
- Anadolu cooperates with John Hopkins Medicine – together with American colleagues Anadolu specialists make more accurate treatment plan for rectal cancer patients and develop new treatment methods.
- Besides chemo- and radiotherapy, specialists provide immunotherapy to make patient’s immune system fights with cancer cells itself.
- Prof. Metin Çakmakçı is a leading surgical oncologist who specializes in rectal cancer treatment. Dr. Çakmakçı applies conventional surgery and minimally invasive procedures, which are safer and less traumatic. Before such procedures, a patient should consult with a doctor.
Ask Bookimed medical coordinator on how to get best rectal cancer treatment at Anadolu.
The cost of rectal cancer diagnostics at Anadolu Medical Center ranges from $820 to $890. The medical center offers rectal cancer treatments from $24000 to $28000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.5 according to 127 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Algeria, Azerbaijan and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the rectal cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
The Oncology Department in St. Zdislava Hospital specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer. Specialized procedure - removal of the prostate with the help of the Da Vinci robot. Every year 200 patients come to St. Zdislava for this procedure. The advantage of prostatectomy on Da Vinci is the preservation of erectile function and urination (in 85% of cases). For foreign patients, the Clinic offers a package price. The cost includes medical services, food, accommodation and transfer.
The medical center offers rectal cancer treatments from $12400. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.7 according to 21 patients reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the rectal cancer treatment cost in Czech Republic and other countries.
- Specialists at Sourasky (Ichilov) provide a multidisciplinary approach to treat rectal cancer for each patient. Experts from different departments discuss every case in details to assign more accurate therapy.
- Sourasky is among TOP 10 hospitals for high-quality healthcare according to Newsweek magazine, a popular American edition.
- Besides traditional treatment methods, doctors at Sourasky provide minimally invasive techniques (if required) to treat rectal cancer at early stages. Such methods help to avoid scarring, risk of infections and decrease pain. It is necessary to ask your doctor if you need minimally invasive intervention.
- Doctors at Sourasky specialize in treatment of metastatic cancer when malignant cells have been spread to lymph nodes.
The cost of rectal cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center ranges from $2950 to $3300. The medical center offers rectal cancer treatments from $17000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 86 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Belarus and Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the rectal cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Doctors perform laparoscopic and open colectomy to treat rectal cancer. In some cases, colostomy is conducted to keep stool out of the colon. Laparoscopic surgeries with minimal injury rate are performed if a patient meets its requirements.
- At Medipol, Pyxis Medication Management System is applied. Such an automated system provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in an appropriate time with no medical errors.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
Medical Center at Solingen treats 55,000 patients annually. Solingen has its own specialized department for international patients to provide them with high-quality support and help. The Department of Oncology and Gastroenterology is specialized in treatment of rectal cancer and provides an accurate diagnosis and treatment regarding this condition.
Top 5 tips to pick the best hospital for rectal cancer
To choose the most appropriate medical center for rectal cancer treatment, take into account the following factors:
- Hospital’s accreditation. All world-class medical facilities have world-renowned accreditations and certificates for high-quality healthcare and medical services.
- Doctors’ experience. Read specialists CVs on our website. Be sure the doctors have many years of experience, numerous certificates, awards, and positive reviews.
- Access to new therapies. Check what innovative treatments are applied in a chosen hospital. Only the best rectal cancer treatment are available in the centers listed below.
- Patients’ reviews. Check feedback of people who have already got rectal cancer treatment in the hospital you are interested in.
Is rectal cancer curable?
Survival rates for rectal cancer depend on several factors including its stage. For example, 88% is a 5-year survival rate for patients with 0-1 stages. 70% is a 5-year survival rate for a patient with stages 2-3. The positive outcome is possible when an experienced doctor makes a correct and accurate treatment plan.
What is the best treatment for rectal cancer?
Best rectal cancer treatment centers provide the following methods:
- Chemotherapy & radiotherapy. These both treatments remain high-priority ones to treat rectal cancer at each stage. Precisely implemented therapies provide survival rate up to 80%.
- HIPEC.The best rectal cancer treatment centers provide HIPEC to treat patients with metastasis in the abdomen. During this procedure, chemo drugs are heated up to 42°C and delivered to the affected tissue — they attack cancer cells directly without negative impact on the whole body.
- Abdominoperineal resection (APR) is a surgical procedure for partial or complete rectum removal to treat rectal cancer. It is applied for 1-3 stages of the disease. Recovery takes 3-6 weeks
- Colostomy. If a patient with rectal cancer requires complete rectum resection, a surgeon performs permanent colostomy — an opening in the abdominal cavity to keep stool out of the colon.
- Minimally invasive surgeries. Specialists from the clinics in a list perform laparoscopic procedures which promote easier postoperative period with fewer complications. Such surgical methods are usually used for 0-2 stages. For instance, local transanal resection, a minimally invasive surgery, is performed for 1 stage rectal cancer — the procedure causes less pain and no scars because it is conducted through natural opening.
- Immunotherapy & targeted therapy. These treatment options are applied for difficult cases when conventional chemo does not work. Immunotherapy drugs awake the patient’s immunity to affect cancer cells with fewer side effects. Targeted therapy blocks malignant cells, stops their growth, and then destroys them.
Is immunotherapy an effective option to treat rectal cancer?
Immunotherapy is applied for patients with metastatic, hard-to-remove, and relapsed rectal cancer. If a tumor is resistant to chemo drugs, a doctor may prescribe immunotherapy. Such a treatment is available in most of clinics listed on this page.
What are 3 the best rectal cancer hospitals?
Top 3 rectal cancer hospitals’ rating is based on Bookimed expert opinion and patients reviews:
- Quiron. Doctors apply laparoscopic procedures (minimally invasive techniques) to treat rectal cancer. 80% is a success rate after laparoscopy at Quiron. Only 20% of patients require a colostomy bag (an opening to keep the stool out). Due to this technique, the recovery gets faster and the patient’s quality of life has been improved significantly.
- Solingen. The hospital provides advanced options for rectal cancer treatment in Germany. Prof. Boris Pfaffenbach is a leading expert at Solingen specialized in oncology including rectal cancer. Prof. Pfaffenbach provides surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the colon and rectum. The Oncology Department of Solingen is certified by the German Cancer Society, the largest expert cancer organization in Germany.
- Asklepios Barmbek. The hospital specializes in metastatic cancer treatment and provides minimally invasive surgeries for early-stage rectal cancer. Asklepios is certified by the German Cancer Society for high-quality oncology treatment. The hospital applies the latest minimally invasive diagnostic methods to detect hard-to-reach tumors in the abdominal cavity. The hospital is considered one of the best places for medical tourism according to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA).
How to get treatment in the best hospital for rectal cancer?
- Submit a request on Bookimed website to know all details about a medical center specialized in rectal cancer treatment.
- Bookimed manager will contact you in the shortest term. You can ask anything regarding prices, doctors, treatment methods.
- If you choose the most appropriate hospital for you, please, send your medical docs.
- Bookimed manager will send all your medical documents to the chosen rectal cancer hospital, and doctors decide what is the best treatment for rectal cancer.
- Then you receive a direct bill from a hospital and can go for treatment.
Bookimed manager provides 24/7 online support till your home return. Learn more about our services.
How much does rectal cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9550|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$2000 - $6000|
|Gastric polyps removal||$190 - $1500|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|CT (computer tomography)||$160 - $1400|
Doctors calculate the cost of rectal cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final rectal cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
83 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate rectal cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $200. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of rectal cancer diagnostics is $1650. The lowest price is $550 and the highest — $3300.
- The average treatment price is $25400. The lowest price is $3100 and the highest — $52700.
- 96% of surgeries for rectal cancer removal are successful and without complications. This makes Teknon one of the best rectal cancer centers in Spain and Europe.
- 90% of patients survive for more than 5 years after surgery; only in 5% of them metastases develop. The statistics is provided by Teknon Medical Center
- Teknon Oncology Institute cooperates with American cancer center to discover and implement the latest technologies.
- At Liv, specialists provide traditional methods for rectal cancer treatment and such new therapies as immunotherapy, which makes the patient’s immune system to affect cancer cells.
- 94% is a success rate of rectal cancer removal and other gastrointestinal malignant tumors after traditional treatment.
- LIV is the 1st hospital outside the USA certified by the Surgery Review Corporation (SRC) Center of Excellence for the safest robotic interventions.
- 50,000 international patients get treatment at LIV annually.
- Bumrungrad is recognized as one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the world – it is among TOP 30 medical centers.
- In the hospital, physicians use artificial intelligence device IBM Watson to create more accurate treatment plan for rectal cancer patients. Such a device helps to exclude medical error.
- The hospital provides minimally invasive techniques for treating rectal cancer at early stages. Such procedures decrease injury rate and boost the recovery.
- The doctors also prescribe chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and open surgery for rectal cancer patients.
Asklepios Klinik Barmbek is a multidisciplinary specialized Clinic which provides patients with all kinds of medical services. Over 75,000 patients undergo diagnostics and treatment at the Center. Asklepios Klinik Barmbek takes 2nd place in the rating of the best hospitals in the sphere of medical tourism according to the independent international organization Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA). Intestine and Pancreas Centre of Asklepios is certified by the German Cancer Society.
Nordwest Clinic is a multidisciplinary medical institution of Germany which consists of 5 scientific research centers, 11 specialized clinics and 17 certified centers. Nordwest Clinic is among 22 most innovative and respectable centers of the world. Clinic for General, Visceral and Minimally Invasive Surgery of Nordwest is TOP national hospital regarding treatment of colorectal cancer according to authoritative Focus rating.
The cost of rectal cancer diagnostics at Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus) ranges from $2550 to $2900. The medical center offers rectal cancer treatments from $33600. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 34 patients reviews. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the rectal cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
The Department of Oncology in Kardiolita Hospital (Vilnius, Lithuania) specializes in the treatment of lung, cervix, gastrointestinal tract cancer.
Specialists use MRI, CT, and ultrasound to detect tumors.
Oncologists remove tumors using the traditional open method or a laparoscope.
- Dr. Antonio Lacy de Fortuny is a leading expert with 36 years of experience in rectal cancer treatment. Dr. Lacy de Fortuny specializes in minimally invasive techniques for treating rectal cancer – about 1,000 procedures have been performed. Dr. Lacy is also a pioneer in the Cecil Approach – simultaneous robotic transabdominal and transanal approach for rectal tumor removal.
- Dr. Lacy de Fortuny has developed TaTME (transanal total mesorectal excision) for rectal cancer treatment. This minimally invasive technique decreases postoperative complications as infections and scars up to 50%.
- At Quiron, medical team of world-class surgical oncologists provide laparoscopic treatments to remove a tumor – such methods speed up the recovery and improve patient’s quality of life.
Submit a request to learn more about Quiron hospital for rectal cancer treatment.
The Oncology Department of the European Health Center Otwock cooperates with Oxford University. The Clinic includes departments of clinical oncology, onco-surgery, and radio-oncology. MRI and CT of the latest generation are used for the examination. The Clinic applies radiotherapy, ultrasound destruction of a tumor with HIFU, freezing of cancer cells (cryoablation), and destruction by high temperatures (hyperthermia).
Nord Clinic is among TOP leading medical institutions of Germany. It includes 4 multidisciplinary clinics, 7 scientific research centers of oncology and laboratory of molecular genetic diagnosis. Doctors of the Clinic use innovative non-traumatic methods for treatment of cancer.
The cost of rectal cancer diagnostics at Bremen-Mitte Clinic ranges from $2950 to $3150. The medical center offers rectal cancer treatments from $47100 to $52700. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.3 according to 22 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Armenia. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the rectal cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- Institute of Colorectal Surgery applies the latest techniques for rectal cancer patients.
- At Apollo, doctors provide laparoscopic and robotic surgeries to treat rectal tumors. Such procedures help to avoid scarring, postoperative complications and speed up recovery.
- Over 1,200 rectal cancer procedures are carried out at Apollo annually.
- The hospital accepts over 2,000,000 patients every year.
Submit a request on Bookimed and learn more about rectal cancer treatment at Apollo.
- San Raffaele is involved in clinical research of new treatment methods to cure oncology patients, including rectal cancer.
- The hospital applies a combination of chemo- and radiation therapy to treat rectal cancer. Immunotherapy and targeted therapy are also provided if a patient meets all therapies requirements.
- 88% is a success rate for surgical treatment at San Raffaele – higher than average among other Italian hospitals.
- The hospital accepts about 9,000 cancer patients annually.
- At San Raffaele, specialists provide minimally invasive procedures to treat rectal cancer with low injury rate.
Get more details about the best hospital for rectal cancer treatment as San Raffaele.
HM Hospitales is the leading group of hospitals in Madrid which consists of 3 Comprehensive and 6 General institutions. They are highly specializes in Oncology, Neuroscience and Cardiology. HM Hospitales provide international patients with full 24/7 service. Doctors at the Center use robotic surgical systems for treatment cancer patients to avoid traumatic consequences and complications.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.