The effectiveness of treatment of ovarian cancer is 90%
Sourasky is in the TOP-10 of the world's best hospitals according to the Newsweek magazine.
The main method of treatment of ovarian cancer is surgical removal of the affected organs. Depending on the stage of the disease following procedures can be prescribed:
- Removal of one or both ovaries (oophorectomy);
- Radical hysterectomy (removal of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and regional lymph nodes).
After the operation, a patient stays in the hospital for a week.
Additionally, a course of chemotherapy and hormonal drugs are prescribed to prevent relapse.
Ichilov hospital provides the premium diagnostics and therapy for the patients suffering ovarian cancer. The best experts of the Department for Oncologic Gynecology under the management of Prof. Dan Grisaro carry out the early diagnostics and successful surgical treatment for the patients from all over the world.
In addition to standart diagnostic procedures, a patient can undergo an oncogenetic InVitae test. It allows to determine which mutations in genes have led to the development of the disease. As a result of the test, doctors will be able to select targeted drugs for precise treatment.
Diagnosis takes up to 3 days.
The medical care at Ichilov Hospital meets the highest world standards. Treatment of ovarian cancer is conducted by the leading oncogynecologist, surgeon with 35 years of experience - Gilad Ben Baruch.
Affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine
Anadolu Medical Center is a combination of Turkish affordability and geographical proximity with US quality of treatment due to affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine. This Clinic specializes in oncology treatment and bone marrow transplants using the most innovative equipment: DaVinci, CyberKnife, TrueBeam. Anadolu Hospital is very attentive to each patient and has the highest level of staff response.
Collaboration with TOP Research Centers
Asklepios Clinic cooperates with the largest hospitals in the USA and Munich Medical University.
Ovarian cancer treatment methods at Asklepios:
- Hysterectomy of the uterus with appendages, i.e. the surgeon carries out the excision of the organ, regional lymph nodes, ovaries and all affected tissues sites;
- Chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies and radiotherapy to inhibit the activity of the abnormal cells. High skills of the German doctors allow avoiding the relapses while the widespread process even. If the tumor is inoperable, the combinations of these methods can significantly prolong and improve the wellbeing;
- Targeted therapy (type of chemotherapy) to inhibit the tumor tissue blood supply;
- Hormone therapy to destruct the stromal cancer cells.
The number of diagnostic procedures depends on the type of disease, its stage and individual health peculiarities of a patient.
|Alfa-fetoprotein (AFP) test|
|Consultation of a gynecologist|
|MRI of the abdominal cavity|
|Cytological (histological) study of bioptic sample||400 - 650 €|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test|
|Biopsy||1000 - 1300 €|
Asklepios is a prestigious German largest network of clinics that offers high quality service to patients and covers virtually all areas of medicine. German hospitals are the leading in the world regarding survival rate of the patients suffering the oncologic pathologies. The most famous state oncosurgeons, chemotherapists and reproduction medical experts work at Asklepios Medical Centers. The medical psychologists and rehabilitation physicians provide the medical care for the patients.
Ovarian cancer treatment options
Surgery for ovarian cancer is the main treatment option for most types of the tumor. For women of childbearing age doctors prefer to treat the disease without removing both ovaries and the uterus. Most ovarian germ cell tumors are treated with a hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.
- Omentectomy - surgical removal of all or part of the abdominal lining.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy - resection of an ovary and its fallopian tube.
- Hysterectomy - removal of the womb (uterus).
- Lymphadenectomy (lymph node dissection) - Pelvic andor retroperitoneal lymph node resection.
- Chemotherapy (Carboplatin and Bevacizumab)
- Radiation therapy
Ovarian cancer surgery cost
Cost of surgery for ovarian cancer depends on its type and method. For example, hysterectomy (from €12,000 in Germany and $6,000 in Turkey) is the most expensive one and oophorectomy (starting from €9,000 in Germany and $3,000 in Turkey) - the cheapest.
The Hospital ranked 1st in quality of medical care in Korea
The rating is compiled by the Korean Ministry of Health.
The main methods of treatment: surgical removal of the affected organ and chemotherapy. Surgical treatment of ovarian cancer in the early stages is carried out using the Da Vinci robot.
Kangbuk specialists prefer organ-preserving operations (whenever possible). If only one ovary is affected by tumor, doctors remove it. This means that in the future a woman will be able to have children.
The duration of hospitalization after the operation is about 10 days.
The main goal of diagnosis is to determine the location and size of the tumor. If doctor suspects a metastasis, all body is scanned by PET-CT.
The Clinic specializes in laparoscopic operations
The technique helps to avoid internal bleeding and postoperative complications.
Treatment of ovarian cancer is carried out on the basis of 2 departments of the Clinic: Oncology and Gynecology. Doctors at Gil Medical Center specialize in minimally invasive surgical treatment of ovarian cancer.
The treatment of cancer at the early stages helps to preserve the childbearing function of a patient.
A standard set of diagnostic procedures includes a series of blood tests, MRI. To search for metastases, the examination is supplemented by PET-CT.
Diagnosis of ovarian cancer lasts from 3 to 4 days.
The operation to remove one or both ovaries (oophorectomy) is performed laparoscopically. After such an intervention, patients stay at the hospital for 2 or 3 days.
Radical operations are used only at the last stages of the disease.
Specialist in minimally invasive operations is oncogynecologist with 20 years of experience, Professor Lee Kwang Beom.
In addition to surgical treatment, a doctor can prescribe chemotherapy and a course of hormonal drugs.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Teknon Medical Center
- Modern techniques of oncology treatment in Spain
- Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon
Why do the patients choose Teknon Clinic for the diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases?
The Department of Oncology at Teknon Medical Center is one of the best in Spain and Europe. A lot of leading Spanish oncologists work here. The leadership of the Сlinic constantly updates its equipment implementing the latest technological innovations.
- breast cancer;
- prostate cancer;
- stomach cancer;
- intestinal cancer;
- skin cancer;
- lung cancer;
- kidney cancer.
How is the diagnostics held at Teknon?
The diagnostic base of the Hospital gives an opportunity to carry out the most complex tests, which help to make accurate diagnoses and increase the efficiency of treatment.
Which therapeutic techniques are used at Teknon?
- Radiotherapy (including radiosurgery: Gamma-knife, Cyber-knife, TrueBeam);
- The latest protocols of chemotherapy (including those developed on the basis of Teknon Research Institute of Oncology);
- Surgical operations (among which are robotic surgeries and cardiosurgery).
Prices for diagnostics and treatment of cancer at Teknon Hospital
The cost of diagnostics and treatment depends on many factors such as the disease development and body condition. International Patients Support Center Bookimed will choose an individual program with accurate prices for you.
Get the exact prices for diagnostics and treatment at Teknon Medical Center
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.
Helios Medical Group is the largest medical chain in the country. It includes the Center for Oncology known by its Department for Gynecology far abroad.
The establishment is equipped by the devices for standard surgical and microsurgical intrusions, and by powerful diagnostic equipment. The most professional European oncologists and oncologic surgeons work here, such as Prof. Dr. med. Michael Untch (oncologic gynecologist and breast diseases doctor) and Prof. Robert Krempin (leading expert in radiotherapy).
The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread.
Ovarian cancer treatment at Helios:
- Ablation of the uterus with appendages. The volume of the tissues removed depends on the clinical case and affected surrounding lymph nodes, tissues and organs. The large-scale removal is followed by plastic surgeries;
- Chemotherapy, hormone therapy and radiotherapy inhibit the cancer growth that are also appointed after the surgeries to prevent the process relapses;
- Target therapy decreases the tumor growth speed, damaging the blood supply of the tumor;
- Monoclonal antibodies and other kinds of the cytokine therapy activate the immunity to destroy the single abnormal cells.