Bookimed cooperates with the best ovarian cancer treatment centers. They have the following features:
- International recognition and accreditation. All of them are certified by Joint Commission International. For a patient it means the high quality of services and medical care.
- Doctors with the international training. Ovarian cancer specialists listed on the page constantly promote their skills and expertise by practicing in top world’s ovarian cancer centers.
- Sparing treatment options. The top ovarian cancer treatment centers apply non-aggressive chemotherapy and minimally-invasive surgeries. It allows achieving up to 90% recovery rate without much complications. Robotic surgery is also used — it is scarless and shortens postoperative rehabilitation, minimizes complications.
- A possibility to preserve reproductive function. Young women with ovarian cancer stage 1-2 are successfully treated preserving the reproductive functions.
Ovarian cancer treatment hospitals listed below provide approximately the same high level of treatment, they differ in price. For instance, treatment in Germany, Spain, Korea, Israel is about the same level, in Thailand — 1.5 times cheaper, in Turkey — 2-3 times cheaper than in previously-mentioned countries.
Submit a request on Bookimed, and we will contact you to answer all questions and book the best ovarian hospital for you. Bookimed services do not influence the ovarian cancer treatment cost. All payments are made right in the chosen ovarian cancer center.
- Newsweek magazine ranked Sourasky among Top 10 popular hospitals for medical tourism. The hospital serves 400,000 foreigners annually.
- Cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment can be carried out by Prof. Dan Grisaro, the Head of the Oncogynecoly Department with over 28 years of experience. He is a member of the Israeli Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Gynecological & Obstetrical Society, Society for Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada. Highly-skilled doctors make Sourasky one of the best cervical cancer centers.
- Sourasky oncologists conduct scientific research activity in collaboration with world-renown research organizations (CECOG in Europe, RTOG and NSABP in the USA). Doctors implement new drugs and therapeutic options after the Israeli Ministry of Health approval.
The cost of ovarian cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center ranges from $3450 to $4150. The medical center offers ovarian cancer treatments from $20300 to $25300. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 82 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation and Bulgaria. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the ovarian cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- Prof. Christopher Zielinski is the Head of Cancer Center, was the President of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group and became a member of ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology); treated the famous singer — George Michael.
- The clinical trials in the field of oncology to develop and apply the most innovative therapies against cancer. The greatest achievements are in breast and lung cancer treatment.
- The hospital works according TQH (Total Quality Hospital). It means the hospital permanently improves the treatment standards.
- The high level of patients’ satisfaction — 95% according to the anonymous survey.
- Anadolu Medical Center is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medicine Hospital (USA), the top medical facility in America. It means that Anadolu provides treatment according to American protocols, the equipment is on the highest world’s level, Anadolu doctors practice at Johns Hopkins to receive new experience and implement it in Turkey.
- Accreditation from the Organization of European Cancer Institutions (OECI) for the state-of-the-art treatment cancer options. Only 30 centers in the world are accredited by OECI.
- Certification from the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) for the precise diagnostics and effective ovarian cancer treatment.
- Affordable prices. The cancer treatment cost at Anadolu is 1.5-2 times lower than in European and 5 times than in American hospitals.
The cost of ovarian cancer diagnostics at Anadolu Medical Center ranges from $1550 to $1950. The medical center offers ovarian cancer treatments from $26000 to $40000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.5 according to 116 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the ovarian cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek
- Certified Oncology Center by German Cancer Society. It means that Asklepios Oncology Center annually passess through strict check to confirm its quality compliance with the German standards of medicine.
- Asklepios Barmbek is No.1 in the rating of MTQA (Medical Travel Quality Alliance). Members of this organization inspect the hospitals across the world and choose those that comply with strict quality demands for international patients treatment.
- Doctors apply organ-preserving operations at the initial stages of ovarian cancer, so a woman can have children in future.
The medical center offers ovarian cancer treatments from $22700 to $34000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.6 according to 49 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Belarus. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the ovarian cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus)
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
Best ovarian cancer treatment options
In case of localized tumor:
- Oophorectomy is the surgical removal of an ovary.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy. It is a resection of an ovary and its fallopian tube.
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is a removal of both ovaries and both fallopian tubes.
In advanced stages:
- Total hysterectomy. It is when ovaries, fallopian tubes, and the uterus are removed.
- Debulking (cytoreduction or cytoreductive surgery) is performed in advanced stage of ovarian cancer and consists of:
- omentectomy (removal of all or part of the abdominal lining);
- lymphadenectomy (lymph nodes dissection);
- total hysterectomy (in some cases).
Ovarian cancer surgery cost
The cost of surgery for ovarian cancer depends on its type and method. For example, hysterectomy is the most expensive procedure and oophorectomy - the cheapest.
The success of surgical treatment depends on the surgeons' experience in this type of procedures.
Chemotherapy for ovarian cancer
The typical course of chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer involves 3-6 cycles. Medical oncologists usually prescribe Carboplatin and Bevacizumab. Chemotherapy drugs have side effects, depending on the type of drug, the administered amount, and the length of treatment.
Also, “Higher-Dose” chemotherapy and “Dose-Dense” treatment methods can be provided. It is a rapid administration of several different chemotherapy drugs to prevent cancer cells from developing resistance.
Ovarian cancer radiation therapy
Radiotherapy is rarely used as the primary treatment for ovarian carcinoma but rather for treating areas of cancer spread. It can be of 2 types:
- external beam radiation therapy (with CyberKnife device);
- brachytherapy (implantation of radioactive materials into the tumor).
Advanced stages treatment options
It is the drugs that work on the molecular level destroying proteins that promote the growth of cancer cells. Doctors usually prescribe Bevacizumab (Avastin), Olaparib (Lynparza), Niraparib (Zejula).
- Biological Modifier therapy. It is a method aimed to enhance the body’s immune defenses.
- Monoclonal Antibodies. New generation drugs prescribed that help immune system to attack and kill the cancer cells.
This method consists of hormone-blocking drugs and is used to treat ovarian stromal tumors.
HIPEC for ovarian cancer
HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) is an injection of a concentrated dose of the chemo drugs (cisplatin and paclitaxel) directly into the abdominal cavity during the surgery. Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is only given to some of the women with ovarian cancer that has spread to the abdomen (advanced stages). It has severe side effects but can potentially increase survival rates. Only an oncologist can decide whether to perform this procedure or not.
Bookimed can help you book a consultation with a specialist for a second medical opinion so that you can:
- find out weather HIPEC would be right for you;
- confirm the diagnosis;
- get new treatment plan if the current one does not help;
- ask about other treatment options.
Clinical trials for ovarian cancer
To take part in these trials, a patient has to meet the particular requirements. Oncological Research Centers conduct experimental treatment. Requirments are indicated by a researcher.
Treatment options for recurrent (relapse) ovarian cancer
Approximately 1/3 of the women can experience a recurrence of cancer within 5 years after treatment. Patients with recurrent ovarian cancer can benefit from additional treatment with second-line therapy (salvage therapy) which includes another surgery and new chemotherapy regimen. Oncologists prescribe different anti-cancer drugs considering the possible benefits and potential side effects. It can be a single chemotherapy drugs or a combination of them.
There are 2 main strategies for recurrent cancer management:
- If a patient did not have a chemotherapy before — surgery and chemotherapy.
- If chemotherapy was conducted — clinical trials and re-treatment complex.
What are the best hospitals for ovarian cancer treatment?
Bookimed patients most often choose hospitals in Germany, Israel, Korea and Turkey for ovarian cancer treatment. The hospitals in these countries certified by the Joint Commission International (JCI). It provides accreditation of medical institutions regarding treatment quality and experience of medical staff.
World's best surgeons and oncologists work in these clinics providing best ovarian cancer treatment with a high level of recovery rate. They have a lot of experience in the field, many of them were educated in the USA and are current members of leading medical associations in Gynecological Oncology.
With Bookimed you can find the best hospital for ovarian cancer treatment according to your needs.
How much does ovarian cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9600|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $30000|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Da Vinci Robotic System||$15700 - $32000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|Ultrasound||$30 - $700|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$10 - $1200|
Doctors calculate the cost of ovarian cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final ovarian cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
93 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate ovarian cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $220. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of ovarian cancer diagnostics is $2350. The lowest price is $850 and the highest — $4150.
- The average treatment price is $30200. The lowest price is $20300 and the highest — $50900.
- Over 520,000 foreigners choose Bumrungrad annually. Most of them are patients from the USA and Europe.
- Artificial intelligence is applied to assign the treatment. IBM Watson is innovative supercomputer that collects the data of cancer cases registered in the leading world hospitals and the most effective treatment program for them. IBM Watson scans the medical data of a patient, and provides the most adequate ovarian cancer treatment for each case. It excludes medical errors and achieves the best recovery rate.
- Bumrungrad has received Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA), the world’s leading medical tourism accreditation.
- Awarded as Center of Excellence for the best sterility of equipment and instruments by Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD).
- Drugs are approved by Food and Drug Administration, the American of Health and Human Services.
Medipol Center of Oncology successfully co-works with Medipol University and carries out the efficient ovarian cancer treatment for the patients from all over the world, applying the most modern early diagnostics and innovative treatment methods.
The oncologic gynecologists popularize the idea of the preventive early diagnostics of the oncologic diseases. Cancer is treated more successfully at the early stages, and the experts of the Department prove this statement by their broad experience of the excellent medical care.
The modern treatment methods of ovarian cancer in Turkey provide efficient combination of the surgical organ preserving and systematic methods to destroy the metastatic foci in other systems and organs. Such methods are the following:
- Chemotherapy with sparing medications;
- Radiological treatment;
- Immune therapy;
- Targeted therapy;
- Minimal invasive surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and Da Vinci Surgical System.
- Teknon Oncology Institute is organized by model of Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, one of the best in the USA. It means that ovarian cancer treatment is provided by American treatment standards.
- Teknon belongs to Quiron Medical Network, considered 1st in Spain and 3rd in Europe regarding patients’ recovery rates, doctors’ experience and qualification, high level of equipment and service.
- Teknon is located in the center of Barcelona, so patients during ovarian cancer treatment may take your mind off the disease sightseeing and enjoying the Mediterranean sea.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
Assuta Medical Center
The malignant tumors of the ovaries are efficiently treated at the special department of the Center for Oncology at Assuta Medical Center. Experienced oncologists, endocrinologists and surgeons provide consultations here. Prof. David Schneider manages the Department for Pathologies, being the world-class expert in oncologic gynecology and fertility treatment.
High-end medical devices are installed in the Department for Diagnostics, operation rooms and the Radiology Department.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
Gynecological operations performed by the single hole method are carried out in early stages of cancer.
Fuda Hospital is a world-renown cancer hospital located in Guangzhou, China.
Fuda Cancer Hospital treats oncology at any stage, including advanced cancer. Over 10 types of minimally invasive therapies are applied instead of chemotherapy. Among them are cryosurgery, NanoKnife, vascular interventional therapy, microwave hyperthermia treatment, etc.
Fuda doctors have achieved the most significant results in cancer treatment in the late stages.
The quality of Fuda medical services is confirmed by JCI (Joint Commission International), the global standard in healthcare.
Over 30,000 patients from over 100 countries have chosen Fuda to treat cancer.
Global Hospital Mumbai
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
At IEO patients are treated by teams consisting of gynaecological surgeons, general surgeons, anaesthetists and pathologists. Teams perform fertility-sparing operations whenever it is possible. Such surgeries are carried out using Da Vinci robotic system, which ensures the highest success chances and minimal blood loss. It also means that patients stay in the Hospital for shorter period, have better quality of life and receive good cosmetic result.
More than 450 patients have received successful surgical operations in European Institute of Oncology. Physicians administer over 2,500 chemotherapies to treat ovarian cancer annually.
- The cancer treatment at Rambam is certified by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO). It confirms the effectiveness of oncology therapy in this Israeli hospital.
- The Ministry of Health in Israel included Rambam in Top 3 ranking of the best hospitals in the country.
- 800,000 patients choose Rambam annually.
- 83% of women with urogenital tumors after treatment at Hadassah preserve urinating function and ability to have children.
- 85% of patients, who were prescribed to remove an affected organ in other hospitals, preserve it during treatment at Hadassah.
- In 34% of patients, who appealed to the hospital, were wrong diagnosed at other medical centers.
- 40,500 patients are treated in Hadassah Oncology Department.
The Oncology Department of the European Health Center Otwock cooperates with Oxford University. The Clinic includes departments of clinical oncology, onco-surgery, and radio-oncology. MRI and CT of the latest generation are used for the examination. The Clinic applies radiotherapy, ultrasound destruction of a tumor with HIFU, freezing of cancer cells (cryoablation), and destruction by high temperatures (hyperthermia).
Oncological Department at Quiron Barcelona is more than just a division of the clinic. This Department is honorary titled as the Baselga Insitute of Oncology. It was named after its founder, a world’s recognized oncologist Professor Jose Baselga. The prior specialization of Dr. Baselga is breast cancer. Annually, more than 3,000 patients get treatment and over 20,000 receive consultations at the Institute. Various scientific researches are conducted on the basis of the Clinic, which allows to develop new treatment methods and urgently implement them into practice.
Quiron Barcelona Medical Center uses a multidisciplinary approach and the latest equipment. It gives an opportunity to exclude inaccuracies during diagnostics and increase the treatment effectiveness.
- Surgeons perform 200,000 operations annually.
- It is a private medical center, so there are no queues unlike in the state hospitals.
- Herzliya has received maximal 100 scores from the Israeli Ministry of Health for the quality and safety of medical services.