- Comprehensive diagnostics of ovarian cancer
- Cost for ovarian cancer treatment at Asklepios hospital
- Treatment methods of ovarian cancer in Germany
German hospitals are the leading in the world in survival rate of the patients suffering the oncologic pathologies. The most famous state oncologic surgeons, chemotherapists and reproduction medical experts work at Asklepios medical centers. The medical psychologists and rehabilitation physicians provide the medical care for the patients.
Prof. Axel Stang MD manages the Department for Oncology at Asklepios medical center in cooperation with the largest hospitals in USA as well as with Munich Medical University.
Ovarian cancer diagnostics
- The oncologic gynecologist examines the patient and sets up the diagnostic procedures plan;
- The doctor appoints the biochemical indicators testing to detect the tumor markers in blood;
- Pelvic organs MRI, ultrasound, PET and multi-slice CT;
- The contrast liquid is administered to visualize the tumor limits and to detect the metastases;
- Biopsy followed by histology.
What is the cost for ovarian cancer treatment in Germany?
The number of diagnostic procedures depends on the type of disease, its stage and individual health peculiarities of the patient. Get the approximate list of procedures and prices for ovarian cancer treatment in Germany on Bookimed website. Order the individual program now!
Ovarian cancer treatment methods at Asklepios
- Hysterectomy of the uterus with appendages, i.e. the surgeon carries out the excision of the organ, regional lymph nodes, ovaries and all affected tissues sites;
- Chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies and radiotherapy to inhibit the activity of the abnormal cells. High skills of the German doctors allow avoiding the relapses while the widespread process even. If the tumor is inoperable, the combinations of these methods can significantly prolong and improve the well-being;
- Targeted therapy (type of chemotherapy) to inhibit the tumor tissue blood supply;
- Hormone therapy to destruct the stromal cancer cells.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.
- Comprehensive diagnostics of ovarian cancer at Helios hospital
- The cost for ovarian cancer treatment in Germany
- Efficient treatment methods of cancer at Helios hospital
Helios Medical Group is the largest medical chain in the country. It includes the Center for Oncology known by its Department for Gynecology far abroad.
The establishment is equipped by the devices for standard surgical and microsurgical intrusions, and by powerful diagnostic equipment. The most professional European oncologists and oncologic surgeons work here, such as Prof. Dr. med. Michael Untch (oncologic gynecologist and breast diseases doctor) and Prof. Robert Krempin (leading expert in radiotherapy).
Ovarian cancer diagnostics phases
- Examination of the patient, analysis of the claims. Possible genetic mapping;
- High-field scanner MRI (1.5 Tesla), contrast may be added;
- Multi-slice CT, PET and pelvic ultrasound while the widespread process suspect;
- Blood testing for tumor markers and hormone balance detection;
- Biopsy followed by histology of the cells received.
What is the cost for ovarian cancer treatment at Helios hospital?
The examinations may be varied regardless the disease stage and ways of cancer spread. Clarify the price for ovarian cancer treatment and the diagnostic procedures costs on Bookimed website.
Ovarian cancer treatment at Helios
- Ablation of the uterus with appendages. The volume of the tissues removed depends on the clinical case and affected surrounding lymph nodes, tissues and organs. The large-scale removal is followed by plastic surgeries;
- Chemotherapy, hormone therapy and radiotherapy inhibit the cancer growth that are also appointed after the surgeries to prevent the process relapses;
- Target therapy decreases the tumor growth speed, damaging the blood supply of the tumor;
- Monoclonal antibodies and other kinds of the cytokine therapy activate the immunity to destroy the single abnormal cells.