This type of skin cancer (basal cell or basalioma) is the most common. It appears on the skin of the neck, forehead, nose and on the inner corners of the eye or nasolabial folds. It belongs to tumors with low invasiveness, i.e. does not metastasize for a relatively long period.
Treatment of surface skin formations without oncologist is potentially lethal, as in some cases patients remove formations as casual moles, and this can lead to the tragic consequences.
The Anadolu Medical Center is a partner of the American Johns Hopkins Hospital. Specialists of the Oncology Department work according to US standards. Patients can get a second medical opinion from American doctors. The treatment of skin cancer in Anadol is lead by Professor Haluk Duman. He also conducts plastic and reconstructive surgery after the removal of tumors.
- Sourasky is included in Top 10 list of the most popular hospitals for medical tourism according to the Newsweek magazine, the authoritative American edition. 220,000 patients choose Sourasky annually.
- Sourasky oncologists together with European and American colleagues develop new cancer treatment options. After the approval of the Israeli Ministry of Health, specialists of the hospital implement them. That is why the innovative cancer treatment options are available for you at Sourasky.
- It is the only cancer center in Israel and one among few in the world, where a tumor sensitivity test to different immune drugs is applied. If immunotherapy is assigned to you, Sourasky specialists will choose the most effective medicine in your particular case.
LIV Hospital specialists work according to American and German protocols. For compliance with international standards, the Clinic received the TÜV ISO certificate. LIV Hospital patients are treated by multidisciplinary teams of doctors. Treatment of skin cancer involves dermatologist, oncologist and a surgeon.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is a global medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand that specializes in oncology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neurosciences, heart surgery, check-ups, etc.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad annually. 50% of them are international ones from over 190 countries.
The hospital is one of the largest private centers in Southeast Asia and one of the most significant world’s outpatient clinics.
Bumrungrad International is recognized as TOP-10 best hospitals and TOP-30 most technologically advanced clinics in the world.
The Oncology Department of Teknon Medical Center (Barcelona, Spain) cooperates with the Sloane-Kettering Memorial Sluggish Center in the USA. Specialists provide treatment of malignant tumors of the mammary gland, organs of the gastrointestinal tract, brain, and spinal cord. The Department includes a unit of medical oncology, radiotherapy and radiosurgery, hematology. Positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used to detect tumors and metastases. Cancer treatment is carried out according to the European protocols. The Clinic uses Da Vinci surgical robot, the innovative Novalis radiotherapy system to remove a tumor without surgery, the SIRT procedure for the treatment of liver cancer.
Basal-cell carcinoma (BCC) treatment
The choice of treatment depends on the stage of basal-cell carcinoma and the location of the tumor.
To remove basal cells at the initial stage oncosurgeons resort to such methods as:
- Cryotherapy is used at the initial stages (Tis, stage 1A-B) of the disease. The advantages of the method are its speed and painless (due to the low temperature). Cryolysis does not leave any traces - tissues are recovered well;
- Laser therapy – medical laser carefully cuts the formation. The method is accompanied by minimal damage to healthy tissues;
- Surgical excision of the tumor. Basal cell carcinomas can deepen in the tissue, that is why surgical method is considered as the safest (the low risk of recurrence) – the doctor can always expand the surgery. It is applicable starting with stage 2A of the disease;
- Beam therapy is used in combination with surgical excision of the tumor. The method can prevent the recurrence of the disease (the cells' ability to division is inhibited).
Beginning with the stage 2, basal-cell cancer is treated with:
- Excision (resection);
- Microsurgical operation (Mohs surgery).
In case of recurrent basal cell carcinoma, the drug Erivedge (Vismodegib) is prescribed.
How much does basalioma treatment cost ?
|Mohs microsurgery||$4500 - $9450|
|Wide excision of melanoma||$14000 - $15000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4100|
|Biopsy||$280 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
|Dermatoscopy||$150 - $700|
Doctors calculate the cost of basalioma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final basalioma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
100 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate basalioma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $220. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of basalioma diagnostics is $3150. The lowest price is $1600 and the highest — $4650.
- The average treatment price is $9850. The lowest price is $4700 and the highest — $15000.
- Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating. It means that the hospital complies with the strict quality demands and provides foreign patients with advanced treatment. It makes Asklepios Barmbek one of the best German clinics for cancer therapy.
- 16,000 patients prefer this German center to treat oncology. It is equipped with the latest technologies; doctors have over 15-20 years of experience in cancer treatment.
- It is certified by German Cancer Society. That means you have access to the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Oncology types treated at Asklepios Barmbek: liver, lung, stomach, pancreas, esophagus, colorectal, kidney, prostate, testicular, bladder, breast cancer, uterine and ovarian cancers; leukemia, plasmacytoma.
- The largest private medical network in Turkey according to Medipol data.
- Pyxis Medication Management System. Medipol is one out of 4 medical centers in Turkey where this automated system is applied. Pyxis controls the medicines taking. It provides a particular patient with a right drug and its dose in a appropriate time. This system excludes any error in medicines taking.
- Medipol Oncology Hospital in Istanbul is equipped with the latest technologies, among them is a highly-precise GammaKnife. Its accuracy is 99%.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
The Oncology Department of the European Health Center Otwock cooperates with Oxford University. The Clinic includes departments of clinical oncology, onco-surgery, and radio-oncology. MRI and CT of the latest generation are used for the examination. The Clinic applies radiotherapy, ultrasound destruction of a tumor with HIFU, freezing of cancer cells (cryoablation), and destruction by high temperatures (hyperthermia).
- Certification from German Cancer Society that confirms the compliance of oncology treatment with the strictest German cure protocols.
- Gesundheit Nord Bremen consists of narrow-specialized cancer treatment centers. It means that doctors have vast experience in a particular oncological disease treatment that increases chances to choose the most appropriate therapy.
- Top German oncologists. Specialists of Gesundheit Nord have practiced in the leading American hospitals. They are permanently included in the Focus magazine ranking as best cancer specialists in Germany.
- Second medical opinion. It is possible to arrange online consultation with a doctor from Gesundheit Nord Bremen regarding the diagnosis and adequacy of the prescribed treatment.
- Such cancer types are treated at this German oncology center: breast, gynecological, prostate, skin, head and neck, gastrointestinal, leukemia.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in Top German hospitals rating 2018 composed by the Focus magazine. It means that the hospital complies with strict treatment demands, and its therapies show the highest efficiency rate.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Helios according to anonymous survey among them.
- Helios Berlin Buch doctors lead the clinical trials of new treatment methods regarding cancer cure in Germany. If you would like and in case you correspond requirements, you can participate in the experiment and try the latest developments.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
- Cancer treatment according to the strict international protocols. According to Medicana information, it is a main center for cancer treatment in Turkey.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of American Society of Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standard of treatment reaching the American medicine level.
- It is scientific research center that cooperates with Medical University of Vienna. For a patient it means access to the latest cancer treatment options.
- Over 7,400 cancer patients annually.
- ISO (International Standardization Organization) certificate. It confirms the compliance of AKH with international treatment standards and demands.