Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
- Doctors in Ichilov Hospital
- Cost of brain cancer diagnostics in Ichilov Clinic
- Methods of brain cancer treatment in Ichilov Hospital
- leading neurosurgeons and oncologists of Israel;
- statistics of curability rate due to successful surgeries in 97.5% of cases;
- prices for diagnostics and treatment in Ichilov Clinic are supported by state funding programs;
- specialized researches on new methods of cancer treatment.
Patients with the diagnosis of brain cancer are treated in the relevant Department of Neurosurgery at Sourasky Medical Center. The final decision on the possibility and prospects of brain surgery takes a neuro-oncologist.
Surgery on tumor removal on the brain (craniotomy) and the minimum time for the patient's recovery takes at least seven days: one or two days a patient spends in the intensive care, the rest of the time is dedicated to rehabilitation with a physiotherapist. After the intensive care, the restoration of the postoperative patient is performed with the help of work therapy to test brain function after craniotomy.
The prices of Sourasky Hospital are lower due to the state status of this medical facility. At the same time, the patient can rely on all the doctors, who are constantly presented in the clinic to provide the patient with the necessary experts in each particular case.
According to statistics of Sourasky Medical Center, the risk of surgeries on brain tumor removal is 2.5%.
Professor Zvi Ram is Head of the Neurosurgery Department at Ichilov Medical Center, Secretary General of Israel Neurosurgical Society, one of the best country’s professionals on brain cancer treatment, who has made more than two thousand surgeries.
The best doctors of the Department and the country: Dr. Dvora T. Blumenthal, Deputy Head of the Neurosurgery Department Director at Ichilov Medical Center, Dr. Nebo Margalit, Head of the Department of Skull Base Surgery, Dr. Andrew Kanner, Head of the Department of Radiosurgery. A neurosurgery expert Nero Margarit may esteem the possibility and necessity of craniotomy conduction in 20 minutes in remote mode if the results of examinations are available.
What is the cost of brain cancer diagnostics in Ichilov Clinic?
The cost begins from $3,500. It is formed for each patient individually, you can get a personal program of treatment with exact prices right now.
The price for craniotomy at state Medical Center of Sourasky is estimated at $30-35 thousand. Standard cost for this surgery in the Israeli market is $40 thousand.
What are the methods of treatment of brain cancer in Ichilov Hospital?
To treat brain tumors the following methods are applied:
- Microsurgical removal of brain tumors;
- Radiosurgery removal of brain tumors (gamma-knife or a cyber-knife);
- Beam-therapy with application of drugs and certain types of X-rays or ionizing radiation to stop tumor growth;
- Chemotherapeutic destruction of cancer cells;
- Radiation therapy with application of a variety of navigation systems of imaging for simultaneous destruction of the tumor from different angles.
Surgeries on brain tumor removal are conducted by special neurosurgical electron beam microscopes and computerized navigation systems, i.e. the three-dimensional imaging of brain tumors of patients in real time.
- Doctors of Assuta Clinic
- Methods of brain cancer diagnostics of Assuta Medical Center
- Cost of diagnostics of brain cancer in Assuta Hospital
- Treatment techniques of brain cancer in Clinic of Assuta
Treatment of brain tumors in Assuta is preferably carried out without surgical intervention, by the method of stereotactic radiosurgery or focused ultrasound, that excludes the radiation impact on the brain, coming into use by now.
All the surgeries are conducted with accuracy control system of computed tomography guided neuronavigation, which excludes any damage of the nerve cells (the method of Navigation Guided MRI).
Assuta patients can reckon upon higher prices than in state hospitals of Israel, but get the conditions of boosted comfort of the wards and advanced medical equipment as well.
What doctors do treat brain cancer in Assuta Hospital?
Professor Zvi Ram, who is a respected worldwide neurosurgeon, oncologist with thirty years of experience in medical practice. Professor Itzhak Fried, Head of the Department of Functional Neurosurgery, Professor Zvi Rappaport, Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, Professor Konstantini Shlomo, neurosurgeon, specialist of pediatric neurosurgery.
What methods of brain cancer diagnostics are used at Assuta Medical Center?
- Extended neurological examination and consultations of highly qualified specialists;
- Three-dimensional CT;
- Radiologic diagnostics;
- Ultrasound examination (is conducted to children with open anterior fontanelle);
- Lumbar (spinal) puncture with the laboratory analysis of the obtained sample of cerebrospinal fluid;
- Intraoperative biopsy.
The cost begins from $3,500. The cost is formed for each patient individually, you can get a personal program of treatment with exact prices right now.
What are the treatment techniques in Assuta?
Depending on the type of brain tumor and its stage, the following techniques of treatment can be selected:
- The surgery, which is carried out by means of craniotomy, i.e. the process of opening the skull for the full or partial removal of the tumor.
- Bypass, i.e. the introduction of the tube to the head for redirection of the brain fluid, that is accumulated in the brain, to other areas of the body.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery that begins with the definition of the tumor's location by MRI and the following exposure of the pathological focus.
- Concentrated high intensity radiation is directed at the tumor from different angles. It is realized by means of the Cyber-Knife System, Gamma-Knife System, a linear accelerator.
- Radiation therapy can be appointed after surgery to destroy any remaining cancer cells. It affects only the abnormal cells.
- Chemotherapy is used as an independent or an additional method of therapy.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.