- The brain cancer diagnostics at Helios Medical Center
- The cost for brain cancer diagnostics and treatment
- Brain cancer treatment methods
Helios medical center is the largest in Germany and treats over 2.7 million patients annually. The best oncologists and neurosurgeons as well as doctors and MD provide the medical services here. The head of the Center for Neurosurgery is the world-known Prof. Dr. med. Jürgen C. W. Kiwit.
How are the neoplasms indicated in the brain?
- The high-field MRI at Helios are connected into single data network which provides access for consultants to increase the diagnostics precision;
- The multislice CT estimates the metastases spread and detects the tumor; CT and MRI may be improved by contrast to detect the tumor borders precisely;
- PET-CT detects the hearths less than 0.5 mm;
- MEG estimates the brain electric activity modifications.
The liquor puncture, biopsy, tumor markers blood testings and other required testings are held.
The diagnostic procedures range may be expanded depending on the certain clinical case. Get the diagnostics and treatment plan, and find out the precise cost by the website Bookimed.
What are the methods applied for the brain cancer treatment in Germany?
- Radical removal of tumor by surgical or radio surgical method;
- Endoscopic removal of tumor (for small neoplasms);
- Radio beam therapy, chemotherapy and cytokine therapy are applied to prevent the relapse. These methods allow increasing the life prolongation under inoperable tumors.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
- Why is Charité considered as one of the best hospitals in Europe treating malignant brain pathologies?
- Visualization of brain cancer in the Department of Neurosurgery at Charité
- Which treatment techniques are used in the University Hospital Charité?
- How much does the treatment of brain cancer cost in Charité Neurosurgical Clinic?
Why is Charité considered as one of the best hospitals in Europe treating malignant brain pathologies?
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin is German medical institution with a 300-year-old history. Half of Nobel Prize scholars makу their clinical researches right here.
Treatment of patients with brain cancer is conducted in neurosurgical clinic of MC Charité which is headed by MD Prof. Dr. Peter Vajkoczy.
The Clinic is equipped with 6 operating rooms where more than 4,000 radiosurgical operative invasions are performed per year. The patients with neuroepithelial tumors (gliomas, astocytomas), which are found in 60% of all cancer cases, andpituitary and brain tunic tumors are treated here.
In 2015 Charité Hospital was admitted as the best clinic in Germany according to the national ranking of the specialized magazine FOCUS.
Visualization of brain cancer in the Department of Neurosurgery at Charité
The Department of Neurosurgery at Charité applies diagnostic methods of visualization to identify brain tumor without excessive traumatism. For the patient it is important that CharitéCentrum 6 achieves the highest accuracy of diagnostic procedures, that include:
- Neurological examination;
- MRI, CT – to visualize the tumor formations;
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET);
- Single-photon-emission tomography (MA);
- Stereotactic biopsy;
- Lumbar puncture;
- Immunological tests.
Researches for the patients of Charité are carried out in one of the largest European laboratories located in Berlin where the specialists conduct more than 20 mln analyses per year (12 specialized units).
Which treatment techniques are used in the University Hospital Charité?
Charité is known for its own scientific researches. The Clinic is one of the largest clinics in Europe therefore approximately 128,000 of patients come here for treatment annualy. The fight against cancer in the Department of Neurosurgery at Charité combines two or three methods of treatment of this disease depending on case complexity. Thus, an individual treatment plan will be drawn up for you:
- Open-type neurosurgery – craniotomy. This is a high-accuracy work on full or partial excision of the tumor;
- Transnasal endoscopic surgery – the excision of pituitary tumors via endoscopic instruments introduced into the cranial cavity through the sinuses;
- Intrathecal chemotherapy – the introduction of chemotherapeutic agent into the spinal liquor via lumbar puncture, is used after surgery for prolongation of the remission term as well as for metastases from other organs;
- The gold standard of treatment of brain cancer is a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery by means of CyberKnife G4, robotic system Leksell Gamma Knife®. These radiosurgical methods allow to destroy the tumor without incisions and craniotomy thanks to the high-ionizing radiation;
- Proton therapy is a type of radiation therapy, in which the destruction of the tumor is performed through the stream of accelerated ionized particles.
How much does the treatment of brain cancer cost in Charité Neurosurgical Clinic?
It’s important to realize that the doctors in MC Charité are overloaded. Berlin clinic treat patients from the whole world, that’s why it’s necessary to agree on the date of arrival in advance. International Patients Support Center Bookimed will help you with this issue and expedite treatment abroad organization in especially difficult cases.
The price of complex therapy of brain cancer (diagnostics, radiosurgery, chemosurgery, hospital stay) is about 50,000-70,000€;
- The cost depends directly on the stage, localization of the tumor, patient’s age and comorbidities (if any);
- Contact Bookimed doctor-coordinator to get the treatment program with the exact prices right now!
- Brain cancer diagnostics at Asklepios medical centers
- Brain cancer treatment methods
- Cost for brain cancer treatment at Asklepios medical centers
Why is it recommended to treat the brain cancer at Asklepios hospitals?
The preliminary brain cancer happens seldom because usually it is about cancer metastases from the other body parts. The network of Asklepios medical centers is engaged into all known medical activities, being one of the most prestigious all over Germany. It provides the efficient diagnostics and the treatment of the malignant tumor process of any location and stage.
Asklepios medical holding is considered to be the leader in brain cancer treatment methods development, the hospitals are equipped by high-end class. The surgeries are held by the leading professionals of the country, such as Dr. med. Axel Stang and Prof. Dr. med. Paul Kremer, who is the Head of Department for Neurosurgery at Asklepios Klinik Nord.
Malignant tumors diagnostics
- MRI is applied to detect the size, shape, structure and spread of tumor. The MR angiography (contrast administration) may be applied to improve the precision of the vessel image;
- The multislice CT is applied for the entire body screening to detect the metastases;
- PET-CT is required to detect the tiny tumor hearths;
- The spinal fluid puncture is applied to detect the abnormal cells.
Brain cancer treatment in Germany
- Surgical removal of tumor, i.e. optimal treatment method. The basic neurosurgical access is applied as a rule, which decreases the risk to miss the metastases and helps to remove the neoplasm totally;
- The minimal invasive endoscopic methods of removal, radiologic surgery (Gamma Knife) and other innovative methods are applied for small tumors of slow growth;
- The radiotherapy and chemotherapy are applied to prevent the relapse after the surgery.
The list of the diagnostic and treatment activities is developed for each patient individually. Find out the total cost of the treatment and get the individual treatment program now by website Bookimed.