Ichilov is National Oncology Institute of Israel
A treatment of brain cancer begins after a complex diagnostics according to its results. The treatment methods depend on a size of tumor and its location. Little tumors can be removed with endoscopic method or stereotactic surgical ones. Craniotomy is used for removal of big malignant tumor. Cost of treatment of brain cancer at Ichilov also includes hospitalisation.
A diagnostic program is developed individually for each patient. Its duration is 5-7 days. Some examinations (as MRI) patients can undergo in their own country.
Treatment of brain cancer at Sourasky Medical Center is conducted by team of specialists in the field of oncology, neurosurgery, radiology and neurology. This approach provides a complex patient’s examination and an adjudgement of the most effective treatment method. Israeli doctors of Sourasky use special systems for neuronavigation and microsurgery to conduct operations on the brain. These systems detect a location of tumor and help to remove it without damaging healthy tissues. Little malignant formations can be removed endoscopically through small openings. During this process a patient stays bright-eyed.
Treatment regimen of brain cancer is chosen by a doctor for each individual case. Cost of treatment of brain cancer and duration of patient’s staying at Rambam depend on size of tumor and chosen treatment method.
To undergo a complex diagnostics a patients has to stay in Hospital from 5 to 7 days.
|Consultation of a neurosurgeon||450 - 600 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||450 $|
|Brain MRI with contrast||1100 - 1290 $|
|Biopsy||100 - 200 $|
Rambam Clinic is one of the leading medical institutions in Israel regarding treatment of malignant tumors of brain cancer. Patients undergo diagnostics in the specialized neurophysiological laboratory of the Clinic equipped with the state-of-the-art visualization apparatus detecting a location of tumor, its spread and size. During an operation on brain an ultrasound navigation and intraoperative computerized monitoring are used for the most precise manipulations.
Treatment of brain cancer in children is conducted by specialists from Department of Children’s Neurosurgery and Oncology.
Craniotomy can be conducted under anesthesia. Within postoperative period a patient attends exercises with physiotherapist, rehabilitologist, psychotherapist, speech therapist and other specialists.
If it is impossible to conduct a surgery, chemotherapy and stereotactic radiosurgery are applied (Gamma-Knife).
|Removal of the brain tumor|
|Stereotaxic surgery||19000 $|
Diagnostics of brain cancer is conducted by best specialists, who use advanced technologies for establishing the most accurate diagnosis.
|Consultation of a neurosurgeon||450 - 600 $|
|Brain MRI with contrast||1000 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist|
Oncology Center at Sheba is one of the leading one regarding treatment of brain cancer in Israel. It is a state clinic which has had a cooperation with Oncology Center MD Anderson. The Hospital is a scientific base for medical faculty of Tel-Aviv University.
Cost of brain cancer treatment in Israel
Cost of brain cancer treatment in Israel depends on the chosen treatment method (stereotactic surgery, endoscopic removal of a tumor, craniotomy) and possibility to apply radiosurgery (GammaKnife, CyberKnife), medications in chemotherapy regimen. A patient, who intends to get treatment in Israel, it is important to know:
- prices for treatment of brain cancer in Israel are regulated at the state level, so all pricing data is possible to know in advance, and cost of diagnostics and treatment is the same both for international and Israeli patients;
- experience of Israeli doctors and quality of treatment of brain cancer help to decrease or avoid a relapse, so a patient won’t waste money for re-treatment;
- cost for treatment of brain cancer in Israel from USD 23,000 to USD 27,000.
- Doctors of Assuta Clinic
- Methods of brain cancer diagnostics of Assuta Medical Center
- Cost of diagnostics of brain cancer in Assuta Hospital
- Treatment techniques of brain cancer in Clinic of Assuta
Treatment of brain tumors in Assuta is preferably carried out without surgical intervention, by the method of stereotactic radiosurgery or focused ultrasound, that excludes the radiation impact on the brain, coming into use by now.
All the surgeries are conducted with accuracy control system of computed tomography guided neuronavigation, which excludes any damage of the nerve cells (the method of Navigation Guided MRI).
Assuta patients can reckon upon higher prices than in state hospitals of Israel, but get the conditions of boosted comfort of the wards and advanced medical equipment as well.
What doctors do treat brain cancer in Assuta Hospital?
Professor Zvi Ram, who is a respected worldwide neurosurgeon, oncologist with thirty years of experience in medical practice. Professor Itzhak Fried, Head of the Department of Functional Neurosurgery, Professor Zvi Rappaport, Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, Professor Konstantini Shlomo, neurosurgeon, specialist of pediatric neurosurgery.
What methods of brain cancer diagnostics are used at Assuta Medical Center?
- Extended neurological examination and consultations of highly qualified specialists;
- Three-dimensional CT;
- Radiologic diagnostics;
- Ultrasound examination (is conducted to children with open anterior fontanelle);
- Lumbar (spinal) puncture with the laboratory analysis of the obtained sample of cerebrospinal fluid;
- Intraoperative biopsy.
The cost begins from $3,500. The cost is formed for each patient individually, you can get a personal program of treatment with exact prices right now.
What are the treatment techniques in Assuta?
Depending on the type of brain tumor and its stage, the following techniques of treatment can be selected:
- The surgery, which is carried out by means of craniotomy, i.e. the process of opening the skull for the full or partial removal of the tumor.
- Bypass, i.e. the introduction of the tube to the head for redirection of the brain fluid, that is accumulated in the brain, to other areas of the body.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery that begins with the definition of the tumor's location by MRI and the following exposure of the pathological focus.
- Concentrated high intensity radiation is directed at the tumor from different angles. It is realized by means of the Cyber-Knife System, Gamma-Knife System, a linear accelerator.
- Radiation therapy can be appointed after surgery to destroy any remaining cancer cells. It affects only the abnormal cells.
- Chemotherapy is used as an independent or an additional method of therapy.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.