Remarkable magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world
Remarkable magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world, and in the Forbes rating, also Sourasky doctors are included in the TOP-5 best doctors. Dan Fliss heads the department of otolaryngology conducting head and neck surgery and maxillofacial surgery, facial surgery of Ichilov Hospital.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.
|Biochemical blood analysis||610 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||700 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist|
- Radical or subtotal thyroidectomy (complete or partial removal of the gland), additionally exsection of the nearest lymph glands and tissues of neck can be performed.
- Radioiodine therapy
- Laser therapy with automatic control excludes the radiation of healthy tissue.
- Radiotherapy with linear acceleration IMAT — high doses of ionizable beaming is targeted on atypical cells of a tumor.
A complete examination is necessary to avoid relapse.Prognosis for a successful thyroid cancer treatment in Israel, including treatment of thyroid cancer with metastasis achieves 98%. 10 years survival rate in case of dendritic thyroid cancer — 93%, follicular thyroid cancer – 85%, medullary thyroid cancer – 75%.
|Radiotherapy||4000 - 5000 $|
The oncologist of Anadolu is certified by the European Council of Surgery
Prof. Dr. Fatih Alagar is certified by the European Council of Surgery and the Turkish Council of Surgery.
Anadolu is a partner of John Hopkins Medical Center and is accredited by the European Society of Medical Oncology.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.At the first stage of thyroid cancer total thyroidectomy, and drug replacement therapy can be conducted.
|Consultation of an endocrinologist||146 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||113 $|
|Biochemical blood analysis||332 - 664 $|
|Biopsy||1827 - 2159 $|
It is necessary to perform the biopsy of thyroid gland and revision of pathological units if these procedures were performed earlier.
95% of thyroid gland cancer treatment cases are successful.
Asklepios specialists use the following methods to define accurate diagnosis:
- ultrasound of thyroid gland;
- X-ray examination of thoracic organs;
- needle biopsy;
- radioisotope scanning;
- blood counts, tumor markers test.
The average cost of diagnostics is €3,000
Before coming up with the treatment guidelines, oncologists with specialists from other departments define a type of tumor and spread of it.
|Biopsy||1000 - 1500 €|
Complete or partial removal of thyroid gland is conducted. The most of surgeries are performed with minimally invasive method that reduces risks of inflammatory conditions.
After the surgery, a course of targeted radiation therapy is conducted. The linear accelerator Synergy S is used for the complete destruction of malignant cells.
If a patient has contraindications to use of radiotherapy, pharmacotherapy is performed with the most gentle chemotherapy.
After treatment of thyroid cancer, all patients are prescribed with hormone therapy.
|Thyroid resection||12000 - 13000 €|
Diagnostics of thyroid cancer
Diagnostics of thyroid gland cancer mainly includes:
- Consultation with surgeon and endocrinologist;
- Complete physical examination, including ultrasound, biopsy, blood counts, MRI and Computer Tomography;
- Examination usually lasts 5 days.
Thyroid cancer treatment methods
- Radioiodine. It is consumed in the form of capsules or as a liquid. It is taken orally, then is absorbed by the digestive tract and collected in cells of the thyroid gland. This method stops the growth and activity of thyroid gland cells. The hyperactive functions of the thyroid gland return to normal state, and unwanted tissues are destroyed. After this procedure, patients have to keep the diet, rules of self-hygiene, and to consume a lot of water.
- Thyroidectomy – total removal of thyroid gland and its nodes. After this procedure patients have to consume special hormones until the end of life.
- Subtotal thyroidectomy – partial removal of thyroid gland. Doctors leave the healthy part of gland.
During the surgical intervention to treat thyroid gland cancer, the frozen section method is used. The main goal of the method is microscopic rapid examination of tissue sections obtained by cutting a frozen small part of tumor.
The value of this method is that the surgeon gets the opportunity to know whether the tumor is totally removed or intervention should be repeated.
Staging of thyroid cancer
- Stage I - the tumor is within the thyroid gland, no metastases and gland capsule deformation.
- Stage II a - single tumor that deforms the capsule or multiple nodes in thyroid gland without metastasis.
- Stage II b - tumor metastasizes to the lymph nodes on one side of the gland.
- Stage III - tumor invasion through the capsule, compression of adjacent organs, lymph node metastases at both sides.
- Stage IV - tumor invasion into surrounding tissues or distant metastasis.
To learn more information see F.A.Q. about tyroid cancer treatment.
LIV Hospital Oncological Department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of all types of cancer. There is the whole range of modern equipment, including MRT, CT, PET-CT, TrueBeam ST and others in the department. It is through the use of a linear accelerator LIV Hospital TrueBeam ST cancer patients get the exact dose of radiation directed to the affected cells and tissues. TrueBeam ST visualization is very important in the treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, spinal or prostate tumors. Software Acuros XB, for the first time in Turkey, was applied in LIV Hospital. It calculates more accurately and quickly the amount of radiation dose than other systems. All these factors extremely reduce the period of treatment and minimize the chance of spread of the tumor.
- How to discover the thyroid cancer
- Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer
- Who treats the thyroid cancer?
- What is the cost for diagnostics and treatment?
- Laboratory analysis: thyroid hormones, antibodies, tumor markers;
- Ultrasonography of the neck area;
- Scintigraphy of the gland;
- Fine-needle puncture biopsy with aspirate cytology.
Surgical Oncological Department of HELIOS University Hospital of Germany is the key unit in the area of oncology of hormone-producing organs.
How to discover the thyroid cancer
Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer
All kinds of thyroid tumors, excepting highly-differentiated carcinomas, require surgical resection of the tumor/gland and subsequent (chemo-)radiotherapy. Therefore, the treatment of thyroid cancer is held on the collaboration of 2 medical branches: Endocrinal Surgery Unit and Clinic for Nuclear Medicine.
The operations may be performed as standard or minimally invasive. During the entire operation neuromonitoring is held to save the vocal cord nerve.
Who treats the thyroid cancer?
Every single case engages the Head of the Endocrinal Surgery Clinic (Klinik für Endokrine Chirurgie) Prof. Dr. med. Cornelia Dotzenrath, who obtains the diploma of the European Board of Surgical Qualification and the Chief of Nuclear Medicine division (Klinik für Nuklearmedizin) Dr. Marco Tosch, who was endorsed as outstanding radiologist by FOCUS® Magazine.
What is the cost for diagnostics and treatment?
To receive personalized care plan with counting the exact cost right now, just leave request and doctor-coordinator of Bookimed center will call you back with full information.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Medipol Medical Center
- Treatment methods of oncologic diseases
- Cost for cancer treatment in Turkey
Why do the patients from all over the world choose Medipol Medical Center to treat the oncologic diseases?
Medipol Group of Medical Centers includes the large center for oncology that amalgamates the leading oncologists of Turkey and Europe; the departments are fitted with modern equipment and the application of unique comprehensive methods contributes to the high indicators of the treatment efficiency.What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Medipol Medical Center?
The comprehensive cancer diagnostics at Medipol Medical Center is the initial work with each patient. The appointment of treatment without detailed diagnostics and the precise diagnosis may be inefficient and dangerous. Therefore, the patients go for the following tests and procedures:
- Blood test for tumor markers
- Immunologic examination
- CT and PET-CT
- X-ray (sarcoma)
- Mammography (breast cancer) and other examinations
What are the treatment methods of oncologic diseases applied at Medical Center?
Each patient gets the individual treatment program in order to achieve the maximal outcomes. Medipol Center of Oncology has the equipment for cancer treatment, applied at all leading medical centers of the world.
The following methods are applied for cancer treatment:
- Chemotherapy by modern medications, i.e. with minimal side effects
- Radiotherapy with precise local affection on the tumor
- Brachytherapy, i.e. implantation of the irradiation source into the tumor
- Gamma Knife, i.e. unique tool to treat the brain cancer etc.
The experts at Medipol Medical Center try to maximally preserve the organ during the cancer surgery, so they often apply the minimal invasive surgeries and precise robot-assisted surgery therefore.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Medipol Medical Center in Turkey?
Medipol Medical Center offers its patients lower prices for cancer treatment than in the USA, Israel or Germany, while operating according to American protocols. Bookimed service provides its patients the opportunity to get diagnostics and treatment of cancer in Turkey without any agents. Find out the price and get the treatment program now! The Clinic became a member of Inspector Bookimed program, so you can read an extended review of Medipol Medical Center.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
- Diagnostics of cancer at Memorial Medical Center
- Treatment methods of oncologic diseases
- Cost for cancer treatment in Turkey
Why Memorial Medical Center is recognized as one of the leading in Turkey on cancer treatment?
Memorial Medical Center is the world-class medical institution providing the services of diagnostics and treatment of various diseases, including breast cancer, liver cancer, melanoma, leucosis, stomach cancer, sarcoma, prostate cancer etc.
What are the diagnostic methods at Memorial Medical Center?
The diagnostics at Memorial Medical Center features a major attention for precision and promptness; the patients suffering the oncologic diseases are offered two kinds of early diagnostics, such as screening and Check-Up. The comprehensive examinations include:
What are the modern methods of cancer treatment applied at Memorial Medical Center?
The comprehensive interdisciplinary approach is applied for the treatment of oncologic diseases. The following methods are among the main ones of cancer treatment at Memorial Medical Center:
- Chemotherapy by modern sparing medication with minimal side effects
- Radio Frequency Therapy
- Surgical treatment, i.e. minimal invasive surgeries, and surgery by robotic systems etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Memorial medical center?
The treatment of oncologic diseases at Memorial Clinic in Turkey is much lower than the similar services and medical care in Germany, Israel or the USA. The cost of treatment program is set up for each patient individually.However, you may get the exact pricing now using Bookimed service.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.