Authoritative magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world
Newsweek magazine included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world, and in the Forbes rating, also Sourasky doctors are included in the TOP-5 best doctors. Dan Fliss heads the department of otolaryngology conducting head and neck surgery and maxillofacial surgery, facial surgery of Ichilov Hospital.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.
- Radical or subtotal thyroidectomy (complete or partial removal of the gland), additionally exsection of the nearest lymph glands and tissues of neck can be performed.
- Radioiodine therapy
- Laser therapy with automatic control excludes the radiation of healthy tissue.
- Radiotherapy with linear acceleration IMAT — high doses of ionizable beaming is targeted on atypical cells of a tumor.
A complete examination is necessary to avoid relapse.Prognosis for a successful thyroid cancer treatment in Israel, including treatment of thyroid cancer with metastasis achieves 98%. 10 years survival rate in case of dendritic thyroid cancer — 93%, follicular thyroid cancer – 85%, medullary thyroid cancer – 75%.
Specialized Center in the Treatment of Thyroid Diseases
95% of thyroid gland cancer treatment cases are successful.
Asklepios specialists use the following methods to define accurate diagnosis:
- ultrasound of thyroid gland;
- X-ray examination of thoracic organs;
- needle biopsy;
- radioisotope scanning;
- blood counts, tumor markers test.
The average cost of diagnostics is €3,000
Before coming up with the treatment guidelines, oncologists with specialists from other departments define a type of tumor and spread of it.
Complete or partial removal of thyroid gland is conducted. The most of surgeries are performed with minimally invasive method that reduces risks of inflammatory conditions.
After the surgery, a course of targeted radiation therapy is conducted. The linear accelerator Synergy S is used for the complete destruction of malignant cells.
If a patient has contraindications to use of radiotherapy, pharmacotherapy is performed with the most gentle chemotherapy.
After treatment of thyroid cancer, all patients are prescribed with hormone therapy.
|Thyroid resection||12000 - 13000 €|
The oncologist of Anadolu is certified by the European Council of Surgery
Prof. Dr. Fatih Alagar is certified by the European Council of Surgery and the Turkish Council of Surgery.
Anadolu is a partner of John Hopkins Medical Center and is accredited by the European Society of Medical Oncology.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.At the first stage of thyroid cancer total thyroidectomy, and drug replacement therapy can be conducted.
|Consultation of an endocrinologist||146 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||105 - 120 $|
|Biochemical blood analysis|
It is necessary to perform the biopsy of thyroid gland and revision of pathological units if these procedures were performed earlier.
Diagnostics of thyroid cancer
Diagnostics of thyroid gland cancer mainly includes:
- Consultation with surgeon and endocrinologist;
- Complete physical examination, including ultrasound, biopsy, blood counts, MRI and Computer Tomography;
- Examination usually lasts 5 days.
Thyroid cancer treatment methods
- Radioiodine. It is consumed in the form of capsules or as a liquid. It is taken orally, then is absorbed by the digestive tract and collected in cells of the thyroid gland. This method stops the growth and activity of thyroid gland cells. The hyperactive functions of the thyroid gland return to normal state, and unwanted tissues are destroyed. After this procedure, patients have to keep the diet, rules of self-hygiene, and to consume a lot of water.
- Thyroidectomy – total removal of thyroid gland and its nodes. After this procedure patients have to consume special hormones until the end of life.
- Subtotal thyroidectomy – partial removal of thyroid gland. Doctors leave the healthy part of gland.
During the surgical intervention to treat thyroid gland cancer, the frozen section method is used. The main goal of the method is microscopic rapid examination of tissue sections obtained by cutting a frozen small part of tumor.
The value of this method is that the surgeon gets the opportunity to know whether the tumor is totally removed or intervention should be repeated.
Staging of thyroid cancer
- Stage I - the tumor is within the thyroid gland, no metastases and gland capsule deformation.
- Stage II a - single tumor that deforms the capsule or multiple nodes in thyroid gland without metastasis.
- Stage II b - tumor metastasizes to the lymph nodes on one side of the gland.
- Stage III - tumor invasion through the capsule, compression of adjacent organs, lymph node metastases at both sides.
- Stage IV - tumor invasion into surrounding tissues or distant metastasis.
To learn more information see F.A.Q. about tyroid cancer treatment.
Assuta is a private modern clinic in Israel, the distinctive feature is an increased level of comfort for the patient.
|Radical thyroidectomy||22400 - 26600 $|
Professor, specializes in Oncology
Dr. Avi Hefetz is Head of the department of surgery and head and neck oncology at the medical center head and neck surgery at Melanoma Unit department of the largest Israel hospital - Assuta. Leading specialist in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of tumors in the head and neck, as well as, where appropriate, non-surgical treatment of the disease.
Clinical practice of doctor Hefetz combined with teaching and research activities, he teaches at Tel Aviv University, is the author of over 70 scientific articles which are published in various professional journals, has spent more than 40 scientific presentations.
Treatment for thyroid cancer is carried out on premises of the Department of endocrine surgery (a part of Department of general surgery). Doctors are involved in therapy of benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid and parathyroid gland.
For diagnostics, a puncture biopsy of the thyroid gland is performed with the help of ultrasound (cytology is included in the cost).
Surgical treatment is a complete (radical) or partial (subtotal) resection of the thyroid gland. If necessary, a plastic surgeon participates in the operation. Treatment can be supplemented by radiotherapy with modulated intensity (IMRT). Some patients may be prescribed radiopharmaceuticals.
|Radical thyroidectomy||13490 $|