- How to discover the thyroid cancer
- Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer
- Who treats the thyroid cancer?
- What is the cost for diagnostics and treatment?
- Laboratory analysis: thyroid hormones, antibodies, tumor markers;
- Ultrasonography of the neck area;
- Scintigraphy of the gland;
- Fine-needle puncture biopsy with aspirate cytology.
Surgical Oncological Department of HELIOS University Hospital of Germany is the key unit in the area of oncology of hormone-producing organs.
How to discover the thyroid cancer
Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer
All kinds of thyroid tumors, excepting highly-differentiated carcinomas, require surgical resection of the tumor/gland and subsequent (chemo-)radiotherapy. Therefore, the treatment of thyroid cancer is held on the collaboration of 2 medical branches: Endocrinal Surgery Unit and Clinic for Nuclear Medicine.
The operations may be performed as standard or minimally invasive. During the entire operation neuromonitoring is held to save the vocal cord nerve.
Who treats the thyroid cancer?
Every single case engages the Head of the Endocrinal Surgery Clinic (Klinik für Endokrine Chirurgie) Prof. Dr. med. Cornelia Dotzenrath, who obtains the diploma of the European Board of Surgical Qualification and the Chief of Nuclear Medicine division (Klinik für Nuklearmedizin) Dr. Marco Tosch, who was endorsed as outstanding radiologist by FOCUS® Magazine.
What is the cost for diagnostics and treatment?
To receive personalized care plan with counting the exact cost right now, just leave request and doctor-coordinator of Bookimed center will call you back with full information.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.