Authoritative magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world
Newsweek magazine included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world, and in the Forbes rating, also Sourasky doctors are included in the TOP-5 best doctors. Dan Fliss heads the department of otolaryngology conducting head and neck surgery and maxillofacial surgery, facial surgery of Ichilov Hospital.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.
|Biochemical blood analysis||610 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||750 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist||800 - 980 $|
- Radical or subtotal thyroidectomy (complete or partial removal of the gland), additionally exsection of the nearest lymph glands and tissues of neck can be performed.
- Radioiodine therapy
- Laser therapy with automatic control excludes the radiation of healthy tissue.
- Radiotherapy with linear acceleration IMAT — high doses of ionizable beaming is targeted on atypical cells of a tumor.
A complete examination is necessary to avoid relapse.Prognosis for a successful thyroid cancer treatment in Israel, including treatment of thyroid cancer with metastasis achieves 98%. 10 years survival rate in case of dendritic thyroid cancer — 93%, follicular thyroid cancer – 85%, medullary thyroid cancer – 75%.
|Radioiodine therapy||13100 - 16200 $|
|Radiotherapy||30000 - 35000 $|
|Radical thyroidectomy||15690 - 16600 $|
Assuta is a private modern clinic in Israel, the distinctive feature is an increased level of comfort for the patient.
|Consultation of a surgeon||470 - 500 $|
|Complete blood count|
|Cytological (histological) study of bioptic sample||500 - 780 $|
|Radical thyroidectomy||22400 - 26600 $|
Professor, specializes in Oncology
Dr. Avi Hefetz is Head of the department of surgery and head and neck oncology at the medical center head and neck surgery at Melanoma Unit department of the largest Israel hospital - Assuta. Leading specialist in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of tumors in the head and neck, as well as, where appropriate, non-surgical treatment of the disease.
Clinical practice of doctor Hefetz combined with teaching and research activities, he teaches at Tel Aviv University, is the author of over 70 scientific articles which are published in various professional journals, has spent more than 40 scientific presentations.
Treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
Thyroid cancer is a rare oncological disease with a very high chance of being cured. The disease affects the thyroid gland, the organ is situated just below the larynx and is responsible for the growth of certain types of cells and the entire organism, as well as generating some hormones, including thyroxine and calcitonin.
There are several types of the disease:
- The most common type is papillary thyroid cancer (about 75% of all cases). It typically affects a part of the thyroid gland. It is differentiated by a slow development, so is best curable. Mortality rate from this form of cancer is minimal.
- Follicular thyroid cancer. It occurs in 15% of all patients. Its appearance is closely related to iodine deficiency. At metastasizing, it is seldom affects the lymph nodes but can penetrate into the lungs and the skeletal system. Prognosis for cure are high.
- Medullary thyroid cancer makes up about 8% of all patients. It originates from the cells, which produce the hormone calcitonin. It can metastasize the lymph nodes, liver, kidneys and other organs. It is hard-to-treat.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer is a very rare. As a rule, it progresses against the background of already existing forms of cancer – papillary and medullary. It develops rapidly and aggressively, metastasizing the cervical lymph nodes and other organs, making the treatment inveterate.
Women tend to suffer from thyroid carcinoma almost three times more often than men. Age group of disease incidence is quite young – 65% of patients have not reached 55 years of age. In addition, about 2% of the patients are children and teenagers.
Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
The foreground treatment method of tumor of thyroid cancer is its removal by surgery. Depending on the desolation of the disease, besides the tumor, the part of or the whole gland can be removed. Furthermore, the affected lymph nodes in the neck are also removed at the surgery. It should be noted that Israeli doctors practice organ-preserving approach.
After the surgery, the following treatment methods are applied:
- Radioiodine therapy is an administration of a capsule with radioactive iodine to the organism. The method is based on the properties of cancer cells to accumulate this substance that destroys them in itself.
- Hormone therapy is an administration of thyroxine, a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It is carried out to replace and suppress the remaining cancer cells after surgery.
At the later stages of the disease the treatment is carried out using the following methods:
- Radiation therapy. If tumors are small, the Gamma Knife can be used.
- Chemotherapy is an administration of a highly toxic drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy is the use of drugs to block the production of enzymes, involved in the division and growth of cancer cells.
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Treatment for thyroid cancer is carried out on premises of the Department of endocrine surgery (a part of Department of general surgery). Doctors are involved in therapy of benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid and parathyroid gland.
For diagnostics, a puncture biopsy of the thyroid gland is performed with the help of ultrasound (cytology is included in the cost).
|Consultation of a surgeon||430 $|
|CT (computer tomography)||1410 $|
|Thyroid imaging||320 - 450 $|
Surgical treatment is a complete (radical) or partial (subtotal) resection of the thyroid gland. If necessary, a plastic surgeon participates in the operation. Treatment can be supplemented by radiotherapy with modulated intensity (IMRT). Some patients may be prescribed radiopharmaceuticals.
|Radical thyroidectomy||13490 $|
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.