Authoritative magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world
Remarkable magazine Newsweek included Ichilov in the TOP-10 best clinics in the world, and in the Forbes rating, also Sourasky doctors are included in the TOP-5 best doctors. Dan Fliss heads the department of otolaryngology conducting head and neck surgery and maxillofacial surgery, facial surgery of Ichilov Hospital.
Examination lasts approximately 4-5 days.
|Biochemical blood analysis||610 $|
|Consultation of a surgeon||700 $|
|Consultation of an oncologist|
- Radical or subtotal thyroidectomy (complete or partial removal of the gland), additionally exsection of the nearest lymph glands and tissues of neck can be performed.
- Radioiodine therapy
- Laser therapy with automatic control excludes the radiation of healthy tissue.
- Radiotherapy with linear acceleration IMAT — high doses of ionizable beaming is targeted on atypical cells of a tumor.
A complete examination is necessary to avoid relapse.Prognosis for a successful thyroid cancer treatment in Israel, including treatment of thyroid cancer with metastasis achieves 98%. 10 years survival rate in case of dendritic thyroid cancer — 93%, follicular thyroid cancer – 85%, medullary thyroid cancer – 75%.
|Radioiodine therapy||13100 - 16200 $|
|Radiotherapy||4000 - 5000 $|
|Radical thyroidectomy||16600 - 21000 $|
Why does Assuta Medical Center admit annually thousands of patients from all over the world to treat the oncologic diseases?
The Oncology Center of the largest Israeli private Medical Center Assuta is fitted with all the required modern equipment for early diagnostics and treatment of cancer. The patients from all over the word can choose the leading professional oncologists by the opportunity of individual selection of the treating doctor.
What are the cancer diagnostic procedures at Assuta Medical Center?
This is the only place where the patient can get the diagnostics of cancer with immediate results of the biopsy. The prompt examination of cancer is the saving of the precious time for the timely treatment.
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Ultrasound etc.
What are the treatment methods of the oncologic diseases applied at Assuta Medical Center?
The experts of Assuta Medical Center apply such treatment methods of cancer as radiosurgery and chemotherapy. The application of such device as IMRT allows providing the irradiation by regular intensity, which contributes to focused effects on the damaged cells no disturbing the healthy tissues.
The Department of Chemotherapy operates during late night hours providing its patients with the opportunity to combine the chemotherapy with the alternative methods of cancer treatment without any loss of time.
What is the price for cancer treatment at Assuta Medical Center in Israel?
Bookimed website allows its patients getting the treatment in private Assuta Clinic without the commission fee for the agent services. The patients pay for the services only to the account of the Medical Center.
The price for cancer treatment in Assuta Hospital is set up for each patient individually based on the required diagnostic and treatment procedures. You can find out the exact price now!
Sheba Medical Center is a unique clinic as it is the only one of all medical centers in Europe and the Middle East, having signed the contract of research and development cooperation with the most famous and respected center of cancer treatment, i.e. American MD Anderson Cancer Center..
Sheba Center of Oncology has all the modern treatment technologies and programs for the patients suffering from the ontological diseases nowadays, as well as the innovative equipment for diagnostics, prevention and treatment of cancer.
What are the diagnostic and treatment procedures of cancer at Sheba Center of Oncology?
Sheba Clinic provides the innovative treatment method of 360° oncology CARE. This is not just the search of efficient methods of cancer treatment, but also the selection of individual treatment program and maximal care for the needs of the patients.
The following comprehensive examinations are appointed for the patient before the treatment in order to put the diagnosis:
- Blood testing for tumor markers
- Genetic diagnostics etc.
The individual treatment program is set up after the precise diagnosis is put, including:
- Surgical treatment, i.e. full and partial resections, prosthesis installation, application of the da Vinci Surgical System and the Cyber-Knife System
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Immunologic therapy
- Rehabilitation etc.
What is the cost for cancer treatment at Sheba Center of Oncology?
The prices for cancer treatment in Israel are much lower than in Europe or the USA, while the treatment efficiency and service level can be even higher.
The foreign patients can be treated in Sheba Hospital without any agents by virtue of Bookimed service. The treatment program is developed for each patient individually as you can order the treatment program including the exact pricing now!
Treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
Thyroid cancer is a rare oncological disease with a very high chance of being cured. The disease affects the thyroid gland, the organ is situated just below the larynx and is responsible for the growth of certain types of cells and the entire organism, as well as generating some hormones, including thyroxine and calcitonin.
There are several types of the disease:
- The most common type is papillary thyroid cancer (about 75% of all cases). It typically affects a part of the thyroid gland. It is differentiated by a slow development, so is best curable. Mortality rate from this form of cancer is minimal.
- Follicular thyroid cancer. It occurs in 15% of all patients. Its appearance is closely related to iodine deficiency. At metastasizing, it is seldom affects the lymph nodes but can penetrate into the lungs and the skeletal system. Prognosis for cure are high.
- Medullary thyroid cancer makes up about 8% of all patients. It originates from the cells, which produce the hormone calcitonin. It can metastasize the lymph nodes, liver, kidneys and other organs. It is hard-to-treat.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer is a very rare. As a rule, it progresses against the background of already existing forms of cancer – papillary and medullary. It develops rapidly and aggressively, metastasizing the cervical lymph nodes and other organs, making the treatment inveterate.
Women tend to suffer from thyroid carcinoma almost three times more often than men. Age group of disease incidence is quite young – 65% of patients have not reached 55 years of age. In addition, about 2% of the patients are children and teenagers.
Methods of treatment of thyroid cancer in Israel
The foreground treatment method of tumor of thyroid cancer is its removal by surgery. Depending on the desolation of the disease, besides the tumor, the part of or the whole gland can be removed. Furthermore, the affected lymph nodes in the neck are also removed at the surgery. It should be noted that Israeli doctors practice organ-preserving approach.
After the surgery, the following treatment methods are applied:
- Radioiodine therapy is an administration of a capsule with radioactive iodine to the organism. The method is based on the properties of cancer cells to accumulate this substance that destroys them in itself.
- Hormone therapy is an administration of thyroxine, a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. It is carried out to replace and suppress the remaining cancer cells after surgery.
At the later stages of the disease the treatment is carried out using the following methods:
- Radiation therapy. If tumors are small, the Gamma Knife can be used.
- Chemotherapy is an administration of a highly toxic drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy is the use of drugs to block the production of enzymes, involved in the division and growth of cancer cells.
Rambam Oncological Center is recognized as one of the leaders in Israel. A special feature of the center is the applying of the radiotherapy technologies and radioactive iodine in treatment. Treatment of patients is held outpatiently and inpatiently. Due to the close cooperation with leading European and US centers of cancer treatment, Rambam Center is introduced the most advanced and innovative technologies and equipment for cancer treatment from the best clinics in the world. Among them are the radio- and beam-therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy.
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Clinic Cancer Center “Herzliya” has thirty years of experience. Center staff takes trainings and gets skills in the best medical centers in the world. Each patient throughout the treatment period is accompanied by a personal manager and translator. Center Department of Diagnostic works quickly and professionally - for the entire period of the department’s activity there was no single case of misdiagnosis. The main pathologies treated in Cancer Center Herzliya are: leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, myeloma, carcinoid tumor, branchiogenic tumor, lung cancer, melanoma, brain cancer and other cancers.