The best colon cancer treatment centers are presented below. The rating is based on Bookimed’s expert opinion and patients’ reviews. Many international patients choose the following medical facilities due to such factors:
- High success rate. According to the American Cancer Society statistics, 90% is a 5-year survival rate for early-stage colon cancer patients and 71% — for the 3d stage.
- Minimally invasive techniques. Surgical oncologists apply laparoscopic procedures to remove a tumor with minimal injury rate. Such surgeries decrease pain and boost patient’s recovery. Medical facilities use advanced equipment as the da Vinci Robot for laparoscopy to reach high recovery rate.
- Innovative treatment methods. Clinics listed below provide immunotherapy and targeted therapy to treat metastatic cancer. According to cancer.net, new research has shown that immunotherapy drugs are more effective against the metastasis than conventional chemo. Doctors also apply HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) — heated chemo agents that destroy a tumor not affecting healthy organs around the body.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get the best colon cancer treatment in the world — our manager will help you to find the best hospital appropriate for your case.
- The hospital has received JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation — Anadolu complies with the international standards of medical services. Only world-class medical facilities receive this accreditation.
- Anadolu is certified by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) as a hospital that provides high-quality healthcare for oncology patients.
- The hospital cooperates with Johns Hopkins Medical Center (USA), the top world hospital. Doctors apply American protocols to treat colon cancer. They organize a consilium with American specialists to make the most appropriate treatment plan.
- The hospital applies the da Vinci robotic system (if required) to remove a tumor through a small incision. That means the recovery goes faster with no scars and pain. A patient needs to consult with a doctor if such a treatment is required.
Learn more about colon cancer treatment at Anadolu — submit a request on Bookimed.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Anadolu Medical Center ranges from $2300 to $4000. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $28000 to $46000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 155 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine and Iraq. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
- The hospital accepts about 1,600,000 patients each year.
- At Sourasky, a doctor may conduct a polyp removal during colonoscopy (examination of the colon) in case a tumor is small and localized on a polyp. It fits for early stages of colon cancer.
- Doctors use 3 main treatment options as radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and surgery. They carry out minimally invasive operations as a laparoscopic one to remove colon tumors with minimal injury rate. Sourasky specialists conduct complete or partial colectomy for metastatic colon cancer.
Submit a request to learn more about colon cancer treatment at Sourasky.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center starts from $2700. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $18000 to $24000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 97 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Belarus and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
The colon cancer treatment is conducted at Teknon Oncology Center. It collaborates with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (USA). It is one of the world’s leading medical institutions in the field of oncology.
The best oncologists for colon cancer perform a surgical intervention to remove an affected part of the colon. Among non-surgical colon cancer treatment options are targeted- and chemotherapies.
The duration of colon cancer complete diagnostics is up to 7 days.
The colon cancer treatment cost depends on a set of appointed procedures.
- Bumrungrad is among the world’s TOP 10 hospitals and TOP 30 most technologically advanced clinics according to international healthcare rankings.
- Specialists at Bumrungrad provide immunotherapy and targeted therapy to treat colon cancer. They may also prescribe a combination of surgery and chemotherapy depending on patient’s case.
- Prof. Yongyut Sirivatanauksorn is an experienced surgical oncologist performing operations for colon cancer patients.
- The hospital provides advanced medical equipment to treat cancer patients. For instance, the da Vinci robotic system is used to remove a tumor through a small incision. It helps to avoid scars and boost recovery.
- Bumrungrad doctors use IBM Watson computing system for colon cancer patients. It’s an artificial intelligence system that chooses the most appropriate treatment for a patient excluding medical errors.
Nordwest is a versatile medical institution in Germany. It consists of 5 research institutes, 11 specialized clinics and 17 certified centers. The Center for Oncology and Hematology of the Nordwest Clinic has been certified by ESMO. There are only 22 medical institutions of this level in the world.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus) ranges from $3100 to $3200. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $14500 to $53300. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 40 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
How to pick the best hospital for colon cancer?
To choose colon cancer center for treatment, take into account such factors:
- Doctor’s qualification. The best oncologist for colon cancer must have vast experience in your disease managing, pay attention whether a specialist has got awards and certificates that confirm their expertise. Top colon cancer doctors are involved in clinical trials to develop new therapy methods.
- Innovative treatment options. Colon cancer treatment centers conduct surgeries with minimal injury rate and apply new therapies. It allows increasing patients’ quality of life and achieving a successful outcome.
- Patients’ reviews. Learn more about the real experience of people who have already undergone treatment. It helps to choose the best hospital to treat colon cancer.
Ask Bookimed manager for help if you have any difficulties in choosing the best place for colon cancer treatment.
Is colon cancer curable?
According to online healthcare portal Medicine.net, 80-95% are the survival rates for colon cancer stage 1, and 50-80% for stage 2, 40% is a survival rate for stage 3. 1-2 options are enough to treat colon cancer at early stages. More advanced stages (3-4) are harder to cure because malignant cells have reached other organs. You can find an appropriate therapy regarding your case in top 10 colon cancer hospitals listed on this page.
What treatment methods are available in top colon cancer centers?
- Surgery. Laparoscopic procedures are applied to treat patients with early stages of cancer. Such procedures cause less scarring and reduce recovery. Doctors also carry out colectomy in top colon cancer hospitals for partial or complete colon removal.
- Chemotherapy & radiotherapy. Chemo drugs and radiation therapy remain effective to treat colon cancer. Only your medical oncologist can decide what doses you require. Such therapies are often used in combination with surgery.
- Immunotherapy. This therapy is used for more severe chemoresistant tumors. The drugs stimulate the patient’s immunity to destroy cancer cells with minimal impact on healthy ones.
- Targeted therapy. Such a treatment is applied to treat the latest stages. These drugs target cancer cells without any damage to healthy ones. The therapy is more effective than traditional chemo and causes less severe side effects.
- HIPEC. That is a heated chemotherapy delivered precisely to a tumor in the abdomen. Such a therapy is used for metastatic colon cancer in the best hospital for colon cancer.
Best place for colon cancer treatment
Patients from the USA, Germany, the UK choose Turkish medical centers to treat colon cancer. Most Turkish specialists trained in the US medical facilities apply advanced treatments (immunotherapy, targeted therapy) and methods (minimally invasive techniques) for colon cancer patients. In Turkish clinics, prices are 2 times lower than in other international clinics due to the government’s price policy. The healthcare quality remains at the highest level. That’s why most Turkish hospitals are certified by international organizations as JCI (Joint Commission International), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), etc. for safe and high-quality medical care.
Most Spanish clinics develop and apply the latest techniques to treat colon cancer. For instance, Prof. Lacy de Fortuny, a leading surgical oncologist in Spain, performs minimally invasive surgeries to treat colon cancer. The hospitals in Spain comply with international healthcare standards. This means the specialists use only progressive therapies. Hospitals in Spain are accredited by international organizations for healthcare high quality and safety.
Patients from the USA and European countries pick Israel to treat colon cancer. In Israeli clinics, minimally invasive procedures are applied to treat cancer at early stages. Specialists also use immuno- and targeted therapies for difficult cases (when cancer spreads to other organs). Israeli specialists have improved their medical skills overseas and are involved in clinical trials to develop new treatment methods.
How to book a colon cancer hospital with Bookimed?
To arrange your medical trip to the best colon cancer center, follow these steps:
- Submit a request on Bookimed to pick the best hospital for your situation. Our manager will contact you shortly.
- After that, your medical documents will be sent to one of the top colon cancer centers to receive the cost estimate and available therapeutic options.
- Bookimed arranges your medical trip and provides 24/7 patient care support.
Read more about Bookimed services here. We will find the best place for colon cancer treatment together!
How much does colon cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9450|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$2000 - $6000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Colectomy (large bowel resection)||$2300 - $27000|
|Gastric polyps removal||$190 - $1800|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4000|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
|CT of thoracic, abdominal and pelvic organs||$1100 - $2200|
|MRI of the abdominal cavity||$180 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of colon cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final colon cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
84 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate colon cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $210. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of colon cancer diagnostics is $2900. The lowest price is $2300 and the highest — $4000.
- The average treatment price is $27600. The lowest price is $14000 and the highest — $53300.
- At Liv Hospital, specialists provide chemotherapy, radiation therapy for colon cancer. Immunotherapy and targeted therapy are also applied for more advanced colon cancer. Immunotherapy activates the patient’s immune system — it has fewer side effects compared to conventional chemotherapy. It can be used even for colon cancer stage 4. Targeted therapy destroys malignant cells and slows down their dividing; it does not affect healthy tissues.
- “Cold Cap” system is applied to avoid hair loss during chemotherapy.
- According to the hospital’s data, 100% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Liv.
- Asklepios is certified by Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA) as No.1 hospital for international patients — about 80,000 of them come to Asklepios for treatment.
- The hospital is among Top 100 medical facilities in Germany according to the Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition about medicine, hospitals, and doctors.
- The oncology department of Asklepios is a leading treatment center — it is certified by the German Cancer Society for high-quality healthcare. Over 16,000 cancer patients visit Asklepios.
- Specialists apply innovative treatments as targeted therapy. Such drugs affect cancer cells not damaging healthy ones and have fewer side effects.
- Professor Karl J. Oldhafer is a leading oncologist who specializes in minimally invasive abdominal surgeries, metastatic colon cancer. Prof. Oldhafer and his team use advanced navigation systems to treat metastatic colon cancer.
Learn more info about colon cancer treatment at Asklepios Barmbek.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $20000 to $33300. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.5 according to 61 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- At Medipol, doctors provide chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery for colon cancer treatment. Immunotherapy is also applied to strengthen the patient’s immune system and destroy a colon tumor with fewer side effects.
- HIPEC treatment is used for treating of metastatic colon cancer. That is a hot chemotherapy which is delivered to a tumor directly and does not influence the whole body as traditional chemotherapy.
- Surgical oncologists conduct minimally invasive procedures with the da Vinci robotic system. That device helps to operate through small incisions — as a result, a patient recovers faster, the scarring and postoperative complications are minimal.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
- About 97% of patients recommend the Oncology Department for treatment at Helios Berlin-Buch.
- Specialists at Helios Berlin-Buch prescribe colonoscopy, a minimally invasive diagnostic. During the procedure, a doctor can examine the colon and remove the growths (polyps) if there is a risk of their development into cancer.
- Professor Martin Strik is a surgical oncologist with 20 years of experience. Prof. Strik specializes in colon cancer treatment. The doctor performs HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) and minimally invasive surgeries to improve patient’s quality of life and avoid postoperative complications.
- Doctors also use HIPEC and PIPAC (pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotherapy) for metastatic colon cancer. During HIPEC, chemo drugs heated up to 40°C are delivered to the abdomen to destroy a tumor without healthy tissues damage. PIPAC is a technique to deliver chemotherapy into the abdomen cavity, where therapeutic aerosol affects cancer cells.
- Helios provides conferences where experts from different departments discuss individual treatment for every cancer patient.
Learn more about colon cancer treatment at Helios — submit a request on Bookimed now.
The colon cancer treatment at Solingen is performed in the Oncology Department. This Department received the certification from German Cancer Society as one of the best hospitals for colon cancer treatment in Germany. Its oncologists and surgeons conduct the treatment of colon malignant tumors, palliative therapy in the advanced stages, and postoperative rehabilitation.
Doctors apply surgery, chemo- and radiotherapies to treat colon cancer.
The in-hospital stay takes from 10 days to 3 months on average. It depends on the disease spread and general health condition of a patient.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $14500 to $27800. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.4 according to 57 patient reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from United Arab Emirates. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- Bremen-Mitte is ranked among 100 best hospitals in Europe according to the Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition.
- The hospital is certified by DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008 for compliance with international healthcare standards.
- It has got a certificate from the European Cancer Society as a medical facility that meets all medical requirements.
- Bremen-Mitte hospital accepts over 40,000 patients per year.
- Dr. Huseyin Bektas is a leading surgical oncologist who performs operations for colon cancer patients. Dr. Bektas is a member of the German Cancer Society and the Association Northwest German surgeons. The doctor specializes in treating metastatic colon cancer.
Submit a request to know more about Bremen-Mitte colon cancer center.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $46600 to $52200. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital ranking 4.3 according to 24 patient reviews. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- Doctors at San Raffaele apply different types of the colon resection. During the surgery, a specialist removes a tumor and affected tissue, neighboring lymph nodes. In combination with chemo and radiotherapy, it helps to destroy a tumor faster.
- 88% is a success rate after surgical treatment — the highest index among other Italian hospitals.
- At San Raffaele, oncologists also prescribe chemo- and radiotherapies in combination or instead of surgery. The hospital carries out over 2,000 radiotherapy sessions per year.
- Specialists use minimally invasive surgeries for treating colon cancer to make patient’s recovery faster.
- Hospital is involved in colon cancer research developing new treatment methods.
Get more about the best colon cancer treatment in the world at San Raffaele.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and the USA.
- The hospital provides colon cancer treatment in Istanbul according to strict international protocols.
- Specialists at Memorial Şişli use an advanced linear accelerator TrueBeam STx for radiotherapy and radiosurgery to treat colon cancer. This device is applied even for large tumors. Due to its high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Patients from 90 countries choose Memorial for oncology treatment.
The colon cancer treatment is carried out in the Oncology and Onco-radiology Department of HM CIOCC.
Doctors apply surgeries to remove a tumor and affected part of the colon. Radio- and chemotherapies are prescribed to treat colon cancer without surgery.
The duration of the hospital stay depends on the chosen treatment procedures, disease stage, the general health condition of a patient. The postoperative hospital stay takes 10-14 days. The amount of chemo- and radiotherapeutic cycles is determined individually.
The colon cancer treatment is performed in the Institute of Colorectal Surgery. It is one of the leading Indian facilities in this field. The colon cancer treatment includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy.
The duration of treatment is determined individually. It depends on colon cancer stage, chosen treatment options, patient’s health condition. If a doctor applies surgery, a patient needs to stay in the hospital for up to 2 weeks.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
- Specialists in Medicana Hospital apply chemo- and radiotherapy to treat colon cancer. Targeted therapy is also used to destroy cancer cells not affecting healthy tissues. Only a doctor can decide whether this therapy is effective for your case.
- Surgical oncologists perform minimally invasive surgeries which speed up the recovery, reduce pain and other postoperative complications. Such methods are carried out for early-stage colon cancer.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of the American Society for Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standards of treatment reaching the American medicine level.
- KUIMS is considered the best healthcare services provider in South Korea by the Korean International Medical Association (KIMA).
- University hospital develops and implements innovative cancer treatment options.
- English-speaking staff.