The best colon cancer treatment centers are presented below. The rating is based on Bookimed’s expert opinion and patients’ reviews. Many international patients choose the following medical facilities due to such factors:
- High success rate. According to the American Cancer Society statistics, 90% is a 5-year survival rate for early-stage colon cancer patients and 71% — for the 3d stage.
- Minimally invasive techniques. Surgical oncologists apply laparoscopic procedures to remove a tumor with minimal injury rate. Such surgeries decrease pain and boost patient’s recovery. Medical facilities use advanced equipment as the da Vinci Robot for laparoscopy to reach high recovery rate.
- Innovative treatment methods. Clinics listed below provide immunotherapy and targeted therapy to treat metastatic cancer. According to cancer.net, new research has shown that immunotherapy drugs are more effective against the metastasis than conventional chemo. Doctors also apply HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) — heated chemo agents that destroy a tumor not affecting healthy organs around the body.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get the best colon cancer treatment in the world — our manager will help you to find the best hospital appropriate for your case.
- The hospital has received JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation — Anadolu complies with the international standards of medical services. Only world-class medical facilities receive this accreditation.
- Anadolu is certified by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) as a hospital that provides high-quality healthcare for oncology patients.
- The hospital cooperates with Johns Hopkins Medical Center (USA), the top world hospital. Doctors apply American protocols to treat colon cancer. They organize a consilium with American specialists to make the most appropriate treatment plan.
- The hospital applies the da Vinci robotic system (if required) to remove a tumor through a small incision. That means the recovery goes faster with no scars and pain. A patient needs to consult with a doctor if such a treatment is required.
Learn more about colon cancer treatment at Anadolu — submit a request on Bookimed.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Anadolu Medical Center ranges from $3250 to $4400. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $24000 to $28000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.5 according to 116 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Turkey and other countries.
Nordwest is a versatile medical institution in Germany. It consists of 5 research institutes, 11 specialized clinics and 17 certified centers. The Center for Oncology and Hematology of the Nordwest Clinic has been certified by ESMO. There are only 22 medical institutions of this level in the world.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Nordwest Clinic (Krankenhaus) ranges from $4700 to $4800. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $14700 to $54000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 33 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- The hospital accepts about 1,600,000 patients each year.
- At Sourasky, a doctor may conduct a polyp removal during colonoscopy (examination of the colon) in case a tumor is small and localized on a polyp. It fits for early stages of colon cancer.
- Doctors use 3 main treatment options as radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and surgery. They carry out minimally invasive operations as a laparoscopic one to remove colon tumors with minimal injury rate. Sourasky specialists conduct complete or partial colectomy for metastatic colon cancer.
Submit a request to learn more about colon cancer treatment at Sourasky.
The cost of colon cancer diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center starts from $4000. The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $18000 to $24000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 82 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine, Belarus and Russian Federation. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- Bumrungrad is among the world’s TOP 10 hospitals and TOP 30 most technologically advanced clinics according to international healthcare rankings.
- Specialists at Bumrungrad provide immunotherapy and targeted therapy to treat colon cancer. They may also prescribe a combination of surgery and chemotherapy depending on patient’s case.
- Prof. Yongyut Sirivatanauksorn is an experienced surgical oncologist performing operations for colon cancer patients.
- The hospital provides advanced medical equipment to treat cancer patients. For instance, the da Vinci robotic system is used to remove a tumor through a small incision. It helps to avoid scars and boost recovery.
- Bumrungrad doctors use IBM Watson computing system for colon cancer patients. It’s an artificial intelligence system that chooses the most appropriate treatment for a patient excluding medical errors.
- Prof. Lacy de Fortuny is a world-class surgical oncologist with 36 years of experience in colon cancer surgery. Dr. Lacy de Fortuny is a leading expert in minimally invasive techniques as laparoscopy, which — over 1,000 surgeries are performed annually. Prof. Lacy de Fortuny was the first to conduct natural orifice transluminal endoscopy (NOTES) for colon cancer — it’s surgery through natural openings.
- The hospital provides a robotic surgery system via da Vinci to treat tumors through small incisions. It helps to accelerate the recovery and avoid scarring.
Submit a request to get more info about colon cancer treatment at Quiron.
How to pick the best hospital for colon cancer?
To choose colon cancer center for treatment, take into account such factors:
- Doctor’s qualification. The best oncologist for colon cancer must have vast experience in your disease managing, pay attention whether a specialist has got awards and certificates that confirm their expertise. Top colon cancer doctors are involved in clinical trials to develop new therapy methods.
- Innovative treatment options. Colon cancer treatment centers conduct surgeries with minimal injury rate and apply new therapies. It allows increasing patients’ quality of life and achieving a successful outcome.
- Patients’ reviews. Learn more about the real experience of people who have already undergone treatment. It helps to choose the best hospital to treat colon cancer.
Ask Bookimed manager for help if you have any difficulties in choosing the best place for colon cancer treatment.
Is colon cancer curable?
According to online healthcare portal Medicine.net, 80-95% are the survival rates for colon cancer stage 1, and 50-80% for stage 2, 40% is a survival rate for stage 3. 1-2 options are enough to treat colon cancer at early stages. More advanced stages (3-4) are harder to cure because malignant cells have reached other organs. You can find an appropriate therapy regarding your case in top 10 colon cancer hospitals listed on this page.
What treatment methods are available in top colon cancer centers?
- Surgery. Laparoscopic procedures are applied to treat patients with early stages of cancer. Such procedures cause less scarring and reduce recovery. Doctors also carry out colectomy in top colon cancer hospitals for partial or complete colon removal.
- Chemotherapy & radiotherapy. Chemo drugs and radiation therapy remain effective to treat colon cancer. Only your medical oncologist can decide what doses you require. Such therapies are often used in combination with surgery.
- Immunotherapy. This therapy is used for more severe chemoresistant tumors. The drugs stimulate the patient’s immunity to destroy cancer cells with minimal impact on healthy ones.
- Targeted therapy. Such a treatment is applied to treat the latest stages. These drugs target cancer cells without any damage to healthy ones. The therapy is more effective than traditional chemo and causes less severe side effects.
- HIPEC. That is a heated chemotherapy delivered precisely to a tumor in the abdomen. Such a therapy is used for metastatic colon cancer in the best hospital for colon cancer.
Best place for colon cancer treatment
Patients from the USA, Germany, the UK choose Turkish medical centers to treat colon cancer. Most Turkish specialists trained in the US medical facilities apply advanced treatments (immunotherapy, targeted therapy) and methods (minimally invasive techniques) for colon cancer patients. In Turkish clinics, prices are 2 times lower than in other international clinics due to the government’s price policy. The healthcare quality remains at the highest level. That’s why most Turkish hospitals are certified by international organizations as JCI (Joint Commission International), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), etc. for safe and high-quality medical care.
Most Spanish clinics develop and apply the latest techniques to treat colon cancer. For instance, Prof. Lacy de Fortuny, a leading surgical oncologist in Spain, performs minimally invasive surgeries to treat colon cancer. The hospitals in Spain comply with international healthcare standards. This means the specialists use only progressive therapies. Hospitals in Spain are accredited by international organizations for healthcare high quality and safety.
Patients from the USA and European countries pick Israel to treat colon cancer. In Israeli clinics, minimally invasive procedures are applied to treat cancer at early stages. Specialists also use immuno- and targeted therapies for difficult cases (when cancer spreads to other organs). Israeli specialists have improved their medical skills overseas and are involved in clinical trials to develop new treatment methods.
How to book a colon cancer hospital with Bookimed?
To arrange your medical trip to the best colon cancer center, follow these steps:
- Submit a request on Bookimed to pick the best hospital for your situation. Our manager will contact you shortly.
- After that, your medical documents will be sent to one of the top colon cancer centers to receive the cost estimate and available therapeutic options.
- Bookimed arranges your medical trip and provides 24/7 patient care support.
Read more about Bookimed services here. We will find the best place for colon cancer treatment together!
How much does colon cancer treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$190 - $9600|
|Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)||$17000 - $60000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$1200 - $6000|
|Gastric polyps removal||$190 - $1500|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
|Colonoscopy||$100 - $1950|
|CT of thoracic, abdominal and pelvic organs||$1100 - $2200|
|MRI of the abdominal cavity||$180 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of colon cancer treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final colon cancer treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
82 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate colon cancer treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $210. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of colon cancer diagnostics is $4200. The lowest price is $3250 and the highest — $4800.
- The average treatment price is $24900. The lowest price is $3150 and the highest — $54000.
Centro Médico Teknon
The colon cancer treatment is conducted at Teknon Oncology Center. It collaborates with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (USA). It is one of the world’s leading medical institutions in the field of oncology.
The best oncologists for colon cancer perform a surgical intervention to remove an affected part of the colon. Among non-surgical colon cancer treatment options are targeted- and chemotherapies.
The duration of colon cancer complete diagnostics is up to 7 days.
The colon cancer treatment cost depends on a set of appointed procedures.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
- Specialists use virtual colonoscopy (CT colonography), a safe non-invasive method of abdominal diagnostics. It provides 2D and 3D images of the colon to make more accurate diagnosis in case a patient requires a second opinion.
- Assuta doctors provide innovative targeted therapy to treat colon cancer. Monoclonal antibody type of targeted therapy is more effective for colon cancer than conventional chemo and has not so severe side effects.
- At Assuta, cryosurgery is used to destroy a colon cancer — doctors freeze a tumor with a metal probe inserted into the skin. Cold gasses go through it directly to a tumor, freeze it and destroy cancer cells.
- Doctors also apply ethanol injection — concentrated alcohol is put into the tumor with a needle and destroy cancer cells.
Get a free consultation from Bookimed about colon cancer treatment at Assuta.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $14000 to $40000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.7 according to 28 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 2 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
- Asklepios is certified by Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA) as No.1 hospital for international patients — about 80,000 of them come to Asklepios for treatment.
- The hospital is among Top 100 medical facilities in Germany according to the Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition about medicine, hospitals, and doctors.
- The oncology department of Asklepios is a leading treatment center — it is certified by the German Cancer Society for high-quality healthcare. Over 16,000 cancer patients visit Asklepios.
- Specialists apply innovative treatments as targeted therapy. Such drugs affect cancer cells not damaging healthy ones and have fewer side effects.
- Professor Karl J. Oldhafer is a leading oncologist who specializes in minimally invasive abdominal surgeries, metastatic colon cancer. Prof. Oldhafer and his team use advanced navigation systems to treat metastatic colon cancer.
Learn more info about colon cancer treatment at Asklepios Barmbek.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $20300 to $33800. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.6 according to 50 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Ukraine. The travel arrangement takes 6 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- At Medipol, doctors provide chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery for colon cancer treatment. Immunotherapy is also applied to strengthen the patient’s immune system and destroy a colon tumor with fewer side effects.
- HIPEC treatment is used for treating of metastatic colon cancer. That is a hot chemotherapy which is delivered to a tumor directly and does not influence the whole body as traditional chemotherapy.
- Surgical oncologists conduct minimally invasive procedures with the da Vinci robotic system. That device helps to operate through small incisions — as a result, a patient recovers faster, the scarring and postoperative complications are minimal.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
The colon cancer treatment at Solingen is performed in the Oncology Department. This Department received the certification from German Cancer Society as one of the best hospitals for colon cancer treatment in Germany. Its oncologists and surgeons conduct the treatment of colon malignant tumors, palliative therapy in the advanced stages, and postoperative rehabilitation.
Doctors apply surgery, chemo- and radiotherapies to treat colon cancer.
The in-hospital stay takes from 10 days to 3 months on average. It depends on the disease spread and general health condition of a patient.
The medical center offers colon cancer treatments from $14700 to $28200. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4.4 according to 50 patients reviews. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from United Arab Emirates. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with paid airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the colon cancer treatment cost in Germany and other countries.
- At Liv Hospital, specialists provide chemotherapy, radiation therapy for colon cancer. Immunotherapy and targeted therapy are also applied for more advanced colon cancer. Immunotherapy activates the patient’s immune system — it has fewer side effects compared to conventional chemotherapy. It can be used even for colon cancer stage 4. Targeted therapy destroys malignant cells and slows down their dividing; it does not affect healthy tissues.
- “Cold Cap” system is applied to avoid hair loss during chemotherapy.
- According to the hospital’s data, 100% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Liv.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and the USA.
- The hospital provides colon cancer treatment in Istanbul according to strict international protocols.
- Specialists at Memorial Şişli use an advanced linear accelerator TrueBeam STx for radiotherapy and radiosurgery to treat colon cancer. This device is applied even for large tumors. Due to its high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
- Patients from 90 countries choose Memorial for oncology treatment.
- Fuda gets over 30,000 cancer patients for treatment each year.
- Besides conventional chemo-, radiotherapies, specialists apply innovative NanoKnife therapy for colon cancer treatment. Fuda is the 1st clinic in China to perform NanoKnife therapy. This option helps patients with tumors that can’t be removed with traditional surgery.
- Doctors at Fuda provide innovative immunotherapy for colon cancer patients. Such drugs stimulate the immune system to fight cancerous cells. It is more effective and has fewer side effects in comparison with conventional chemo.
- Fuda doctors conduct minimally invasive techniques to remove a colon tumor as a keyhole technique (laparoscopy). The recovery is going faster.
Global Hospital Mumbai
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
- European Institute of Oncology is in the list of Top 6 best cancer centers in the world according to the Hospital Benchmarking Award.
- The hospital is in the list of the best medical facilities for medical tourism in the world according to MTJ (International Medical Travel Journal). 100,000 patients annually.
- The center is certified by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- The institute is a leader in Europe regarding the number of performed HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound) procedures. It destroys a tumor with ultrasound without causing much side effects.
- The hospital is awarded by OECI (Organisation of the European Cancer Institutes) for development and application of innovative cancer treatment options.
Rambam Medical Center
- Rambam Hospital is ranked by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) as one of the best oncology centers.
- The hospital specializes in advanced, recurrent, and inoperable forms of colon cancer.
- Besides colonoscopy, specialists apply PillCam COLON technology. When a capsule with tiny camera (sized 12X13 mm) passes through digestive tract and records a video. Then a doctor observes digestive tract in real time with the help of computer.
- Specialists at Rambam provide targeted therapy that destroys cancer cells not damaging healthy ones, and immunotherapy to make patient’s immune system fighting with cancer.
- Doctors also apply HIPEC, heated chemotherapy delivered via surgery to treat colon cancer. In comparison with conventional chemotherapy, HIPEC drugs are directed to a tumor in the abdomen without affecting healthy areas.
Submit a request to learn more about colon cancer treatment at Rambam.
- The hospital is ranked 6th among best medical institutions in Israel.
- At Hadassah, doctors use combined chemotherapy and cytoreductive surgery to destroy colon cancer.
- HIPEC (heated up to 41-42°C chemo drugs) is used to target colon cancer not affecting healthy organs and tissues. This treatment provokes less side effects.
- Hadassah specialists apply minimally invasive techniques to remove a tumor with a minimum of injuries. It helps to improve patient’s quality of life and boost recovery.
- The hospital carries out clinical trials in the treatment of colon cancer to develop new methods for more advanced cancer stages.
Get a free consultation about colon cancer treatment at Hadassah.
Sheba Medical Center
- Sheba Cancer Center accepts over 4,500 patients for treatment every year.
- The hospital cooperates with Anderson Medical Center, the 1st Best Hospital in America for cancer patients according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Specialists use innovative HIPEC method (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) to treat colon cancer. It’s heated chemo drugs delivered right to a tumor in the abdomen. It’s more concentrated but has fewer side effects than traditional chemotherapy. Doctors apply HIPEC for hard-to-treat metastatic tumor.
Submit a request to learn more about colon cancer treatment in Israel.