The list below represents the best glioblastoma treatment centers. The rating is composed on the patients’ reviews and Bookimed Medical Doctors’ expert opinion basis.
The best treatment for glioblastoma is available in German, Spanish, Korean, Israeli, Indian clinics.
Submit a request on Bookimed to choose the best hospital for glioblastoma treatment in your particular case.
The treatment is performed according to the strict international guidelines and protocols.
Glioblastoma treatment is performed in Anadolu Neuro-oncology Department. A patient needs to undergo the complete diagnostics. Doctors detect localization of the tumor and its size applying MRI, PET-CT, CT, biopsy.
The treatment plan is developed individually. If the tumor is operable, doctors assign surgery to remove glioblastoma.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can be applied as primary or additional treatment options. The duration of treatment depends on the tumor size and location.
Specialists at Sourasky apply glioblastoma treatment basing on the results after the complete diagnostics.
Surgery is the primary method to treat glioblastoma. If possible, the operation is conducted starting with craniotomy (access to the tumor through the incision in the skull). The team of doctors carries out the surgical intervention under control of neuronavigation system to make movements more precise.
A patient stays for 2 days in the intensive care unit. Rehab period lasts the following 5-10 days.
Doctors prescribe surgery, radio- and chemotherapies or their combination for glioblastoma treatment. The radiosurgery is conducted on the TrueBeam Stx system. It provides the high accuracy of irradiation on the tumor.
The number of chemo- and radiotherapy cycles and their duration are determined individually.
Glioblastoma therapy is carried out at the Neuroscience Center. Before developing a treatment plan, doctors conduct diagnostics of a patient applying CT, MRI, and blood tests. Some additional examinations as lumbar puncture can be prescribed additionally.
After the tests result, a doctor assigns treatment. The primary one is a surgery. If the tumor is operable, specialists remove glioblastoma under control of neuronavigation system to make movements more precise.
Radio- and chemotherapies are prescribed to destroy malignant cells or as the main methods when glioblastoma is inoperable.
The duration of treatment depends on the chosen therapies and patient health conditions.
Bumrungrad is one of the best treatment centers for glioblastoma in Asia. It has the IBM Watson - the powerful supercomputer which contains the clinical glioblastoma clinical cases with the highest success rate. Using the system, doctors provide the best treatment for glioblastoma.
- Teknon belongs to Quiron Salud Medical Holding, which is considered the 1st in Spain and 2rd in Europe regarding the treatment success rate, staff qualification, and equipment level.
- Prof. Oliver Bartolome heads the Neurosurgery Department and has 40 years of experience in this field. He is an author of fluorescent surgery to remove the brain tumor. This is a unique technique when gliomas cells are "painted" with special substance and light in red color. So a doctor can differ healthy cells from malignant ones and remove a tumor minimizing the brain damage. Due to this, Teknon is among top brain cancer hospitals in Europe.
- Teknon neurosurgeons use innovative Renishaw Neuromate navigation system. This is a robotic device that accurately detects a pathology location in the brain. So a doctor removes a tumor almost wholly. The possibility of complications after this surgery is minimal.
- The Neurosurgery Department cooperates with the Teknon Oncology Institute. The last one applies American protocols for cancer patients treatment. The protocol was established at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, one of the best hospitals in the USA.
- Teknon also serves children with brain tumors.
Glioblastoma treatment is conducted involving specialists from the Radiology, Oncology, and Neurosurgery Departments. The best treatment for glioblastoma is developed only after the complete diagnostics which allows detecting tumor size, its location, and level of metastatic spread.
Basing on the diagnosis, the team of doctors prescribes treatment. The primary option is surgery (removal of glioblastoma). During the operation, a patient is under general anesthesia. All the processes are controlled by neuronavigation to avoid wrong movements. After the surgery, a patient stays in the intensive care unit.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are also assigned when a tumor is inoperable or to destroy malignant cells after or before surgery. They can be performed on the outpatient basis. The duration of treatment depends on the tumor size and patient health condition.
How much does glioblastoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300|
|Gamma Knife||$4450 - $25600|
|CyberKnife for brain tumor||$4400 - $18000|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
Doctors calculate the cost of glioblastoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final glioblastoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
84 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate glioblastoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $200. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $800.
- The average cost of glioblastoma diagnostics is $1350. The lowest price is $600 and the highest — $2250.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
What are the treatment techniques in Assuta?
Depending on the type of brain tumor and its stage, the following techniques of treatment can be selected:
- The surgery, which is carried out by means of craniotomy, i.e. the process of opening the skull for the full or partial removal of the tumor.
- Bypass, i.e. the introduction of the tube to the head for redirection of the brain fluid, that is accumulated in the brain, to other areas of the body.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery that begins with the definition of the tumor's location by MRI and the following exposure of the pathological focus.
- Concentrated high intensity radiation is directed at the tumor from different angles. It is realized by means of the Cyber-Knife System, Gamma-Knife System, a linear accelerator.
- Radiation therapy can be appointed after surgery to destroy any remaining cancer cells. It affects only the abnormal cells.
- Chemotherapy is used as an independent or an additional method of therapy.
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
The Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center is one of the largest private clinics in Lithuania. Specialists focus on accurate diagnostics for more effective treatment. They also develop high-quality rehabilitation for fast recovery. Over 48,000 patients undergo treatment in the Hospital. 1 in 10 patients is from abroad. The most of patients are from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and Norway.
- Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu is a leading neurosurgeon at Liv. He specializes in surgical treatment of brain tumors. The doctor practiced in British, American, and Turkish medical facilities to improve his skills. Submit a request to get a consultation with Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu.
- Liv hospital is one among few hospitals in Turkey where the latest TrueBeam STx is applied to irradiate brain cancer tumor. It affects the neoplasm with minimal affecting healthy tissues.
- About 260 neuro-surgeries are performed annually at Liv. Their average success rate is 91% (the average index in Turkey is 81%).
Fuda Hospital is a world-renown cancer hospital located in Guangzhou, China.
Fuda Cancer Hospital treats oncology at any stage, including advanced cancer. Over 10 types of minimally invasive therapies are applied instead of chemotherapy. Among them are cryosurgery, NanoKnife, vascular interventional therapy, microwave hyperthermia treatment, etc.
Fuda doctors have achieved the most significant results in cancer treatment in the late stages.
The quality of Fuda medical services is confirmed by JCI (Joint Commission International), the global standard in healthcare.
Over 30,000 patients from over 100 countries have chosen Fuda to treat cancer.
Global Hospital Mumbai
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
- It is scientific research center that cooperates with Medical University of Vienna. For a patient it means access to the latest cancer treatment options.
- Over 7,400 cancer patients annually.
- ISO (International Standardization Organization) certificate. It confirms the compliance of AKH with international treatment standards and demands.
Rambam Clinic is one of the leading medical institutions in Israel regarding treatment of malignant tumors of brain cancer. Patients undergo diagnostics in the specialized neurophysiological laboratory of the Clinic equipped with the state-of-the-art visualization apparatus detecting a location of tumor, its spread and size. During an operation on brain an ultrasound navigation and intraoperative computerized monitoring are used for the most precise manipulations.
Treatment of brain cancer in children is conducted by specialists from Department of Children’s Neurosurgery and Oncology.
- 83% of women with urogenital tumors after treatment at Hadassah preserve urinating function and ability to have children.
- 85% of patients, who were prescribed to remove an affected organ in other hospitals, preserve it during treatment at Hadassah.
- In 34% of patients, who appealed to the hospital, were wrong diagnosed at other medical centers.
- 40,500 patients are treated in Hadassah Oncology Department.
Patients with brain cancer can get treatment in Bremen-Mitte Clinic which belongs to stretch of Nord Klinik Allianz. 2 special operating theatres are equipped with systems for precise microsurgical operations. A neurosurgeon can control all the movements with these systems during a removal of a tumor. It allows distinguishing on microscopic level healthy tissue from damaged one.
Schneider Center for Children Medicine
Schneider Children's Medical Center it is international medical center in Petah-Tikva, which takes children with any disease and health problems. It is a leader in variety of medical directions. Owing to highly qualified personal, who surround the care of young patients and carry through maximum effective treatment, reviews of this clinic are full of sincere gratitude.
Rabin Medical Center
Cancer Center "Davidoff" of Rabin Medical Center is the largest oncology clinic in Israel and the entire Middle East. Every fifth of Israeli citizens gets an aid of the cancer treatment here. The center treats patients with all types of cancer and hematological diseases (leukemia, osteomyelosclerosis, anemia, leukocytosis, and others). The Center includes the departments of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, integrative medicine, palliative therapy and dietology. Center operates with the following cutting-edge techniques for treatment: SBRT, IMRT, IGRT, Rapid Arc., SIRT.
Soroka Medical Center
Soroka Medical Center is the multidisciplinary medical complex in Israel. For patients of this clinic are available latest technology and equipment through which they are able to diagnosis disease at the earliest dates. Every year there carried about 30 thousand operations. The hospital serves more than 60% of Israel. According to numerous reviews, Soroka hospital helped a huge number of patients. Bookimed provides for you opportunity of treatment without intermediaries in this medical center.
- Surgeons perform 200,000 operations annually.
- It is a private medical center, so there are no queues unlike in the state hospitals.
- Herzliya has received maximal 100 scores from the Israeli Ministry of Health for the quality and safety of medical services.