The list below represents the best glioblastoma treatment centers. The rating is composed on the patients’ reviews and Bookimed Medical Doctors’ expert opinion basis.
The best treatment for glioblastoma is available in German, Spanish, Korean, Israeli, Indian clinics.
Submit a request on Bookimed to choose the best hospital for glioblastoma treatment in your particular case.
The treatment is performed according to the strict international guidelines and protocols.
Glioblastoma treatment is performed in Anadolu Neuro-oncology Department. A patient needs to undergo the complete diagnostics. Doctors detect localization of the tumor and its size applying MRI, PET-CT, CT, biopsy.
The treatment plan is developed individually. If the tumor is operable, doctors assign surgery to remove glioblastoma.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can be applied as primary or additional treatment options. The duration of treatment depends on the tumor size and location.
- Teknon belongs to Quiron Salud Medical Holding, which is considered the 1st in Spain and 2rd in Europe regarding the treatment success rate, staff qualification, and equipment level.
- Prof. Oliver Bartolome heads the Neurosurgery Department and has 40 years of experience in this field. He is an author of fluorescent surgery to remove the brain tumor. This is a unique technique when gliomas cells are "painted" with special substance and light in red color. So a doctor can differ healthy cells from malignant ones and remove a tumor minimizing the brain damage. Due to this, Teknon is among top brain cancer hospitals in Europe.
- Teknon neurosurgeons use innovative Renishaw Neuromate navigation system. This is a robotic device that accurately detects a pathology location in the brain. So a doctor removes a tumor almost wholly. The possibility of complications after this surgery is minimal.
- The Neurosurgery Department cooperates with the Teknon Oncology Institute. The last one applies American protocols for cancer patients treatment. The protocol was established at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, one of the best hospitals in the USA.
- Teknon also serves children with brain tumors.
Glioblastoma treatment is conducted involving specialists from the Radiology, Oncology, and Neurosurgery Departments. The best treatment for glioblastoma is developed only after the complete diagnostics which allows detecting tumor size, its location, and level of metastatic spread.
Basing on the diagnosis, the team of doctors prescribes treatment. The primary option is surgery (removal of glioblastoma). During the operation, a patient is under general anesthesia. All the processes are controlled by neuronavigation to avoid wrong movements. After the surgery, a patient stays in the intensive care unit.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are also assigned when a tumor is inoperable or to destroy malignant cells after or before surgery. They can be performed on the outpatient basis. The duration of treatment depends on the tumor size and patient health condition.
Specialists at Sourasky apply glioblastoma treatment basing on the results after the complete diagnostics.
Surgery is the primary method to treat glioblastoma. If possible, the operation is conducted starting with craniotomy (access to the tumor through the incision in the skull). The team of doctors carries out the surgical intervention under control of neuronavigation system to make movements more precise.
A patient stays for 2 days in the intensive care unit. Rehab period lasts the following 5-10 days.
Doctors prescribe surgery, radio- and chemotherapies or their combination for glioblastoma treatment. The radiosurgery is conducted on the TrueBeam Stx system. It provides the high accuracy of irradiation on the tumor.
The number of chemo- and radiotherapy cycles and their duration are determined individually.
Glioblastoma therapy is carried out at the Neuroscience Center. Before developing a treatment plan, doctors conduct diagnostics of a patient applying CT, MRI, and blood tests. Some additional examinations as lumbar puncture can be prescribed additionally.
After the tests result, a doctor assigns treatment. The primary one is a surgery. If the tumor is operable, specialists remove glioblastoma under control of neuronavigation system to make movements more precise.
Radio- and chemotherapies are prescribed to destroy malignant cells or as the main methods when glioblastoma is inoperable.
The duration of treatment depends on the chosen therapies and patient health conditions.
Bumrungrad is one of the best treatment centers for glioblastoma in Asia. It has the IBM Watson - the powerful supercomputer which contains the clinical glioblastoma clinical cases with the highest success rate. Using the system, doctors provide the best treatment for glioblastoma.
How much does glioblastoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $3900|
|Gamma Knife||$6000 - $25600|
|CyberKnife for brain tumor||$4400 - $18000|
|MRI of one area||$110 - $1900|
Doctors calculate the cost of glioblastoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final glioblastoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
85 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate glioblastoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $210. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $800.
- The average cost of glioblastoma diagnostics is $1350. The lowest price is $600 and the highest — $2250.
- Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu is a leading neurosurgeon at Liv. He specializes in surgical treatment of brain tumors. The doctor practiced in British, American, and Turkish medical facilities to improve his skills. Submit a request to get a consultation with Prof. Mustafa Kemal Hamamcioglu.
- Liv hospital is one among few hospitals in Turkey where the latest TrueBeam STx is applied to irradiate brain cancer tumor. It affects the neoplasm with minimal affecting healthy tissues.
- About 260 neuro-surgeries are performed annually at Liv. Their average success rate is 91% (the average index in Turkey is 81%).
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
Patients with brain cancer can get treatment in Bremen-Mitte Clinic which belongs to stretch of Nord Klinik Allianz. 2 special operating theatres are equipped with systems for precise microsurgical operations. A neurosurgeon can control all the movements with these systems during a removal of a tumor. It allows distinguishing on microscopic level healthy tissue from damaged one.
Glioblastoma treatment is conducted in the Neurosurgery Clinic. It is one of the best glioblastoma treatment centers. Before the development of glioblastoma therapy, a patient undergoes the diagnostics. CT, MRI, angiogram, lumbar puncture, and biopsy of the tumor are carried out.
A doctor estimates the tumor location and its size. If the tumor is operable, the surgery is carried out. Then, cycles of chemo- and radiotherapies (remote or internal) are prescribed. The duration of treatment depends on the complexity of each particular case.
The palliative therapy is prescribed to relieve cancer symptoms and prolong life expectancy, if a tumor cannot be operated.
For surgical treatment of brain cancer in children, minimally invasive methods are used in San Joan Hospital. Endoscopic and microsurgical operations are conducted on brain under control of neuronavigation. During a removal of malignant tumor, magnetic resonance map of little patient’s brain is applied. This map allows neurosurgeons detecting a localization of tumor and tracking moving of instruments. With neuronavigation it is possible to completely remove a brain tumor.
- Helios Krefeld Clinic is one of best German cancer clinics. It is certified by German Cancer Society that ensures you access to the latest therapeutic options.
- Helios Krefeld Clinic is also considered a Top hospital in Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking. The rating is composed on the criteria of doctors’ qualifications, technical equipment, and patients’ reviews.
- Helios Krefeld Oncology Center provides the following success rates for surgeries in case of colorectal cancer: 98% for the colon removal and 100% for the rectum removal.
- Oncologists with over 10 years of experience.
- “Cold cap” therapy is applied during chemotherapy to avoid hair loss. The cold makes chemo drugs less active and prevents their spread to hair follicles.
- Oncology types treated at this German cancer center: breast, colorectal, prostate, head and neck cancers.
Treatment of glioblastoma is performed after the complete examination. It includes MRI or CT scan, biopsy through surgery.
After detecting the features of the tumor, doctors develop a treatment plan. If the tumor is possible to be removed, doctors prescribe surgery. It is performed under control of neuronavigation to avoid affecting healthy brain tissues.
Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are also applied to destroy malignant cells.
Glioblastoma treatment is performed by a team of specialists: a neuro-oncologist, radiologist, neurosurgeon.
- Memorial doctors regularly improve their skills in the leading medical facilities in Europe and America.
- Memorial provides cancer treatment in Istanbul according to the strict international protocols.
- Patients out of 90 countries choose Memorial for treatment.
- Application of innovative TrueBeam STx, which performs both radiotherapy and radiosurgery. It influences all cancer types, even big in a size. Due to the high accuracy, healthy tissues are not affected.
Treatment of brain cancer in Navarra Hospital is conducted by a team of doctors: neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurophysiologist, specialists of nuclear medicine. To remove a malignant brain tumor, an intraoperative fluorescence microscopy is applied: during this operation malignant cells are illuminated, so they are removed completely. Surgical unit of the Clinic is also equipped with special intraoperative system 3 Tesla MRI.
Clinical trials of new vaccines are conducted in Navarra Hospital, which are applied for certain kinds of brain cancer.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
- Cancer treatment according to the strict international protocols. According to Medicana information, it is a main center for cancer treatment in Turkey.
- Medicana is a top choice of 1.5 mln international patients from 70 countries.
- Medicana Hospital is a member of American Society of Quality. It ensures a patient in the high standard of treatment reaching the American medicine level.
- It is scientific research center that cooperates with Medical University of Vienna. For a patient it means access to the latest cancer treatment options.
- Over 7,400 cancer patients annually.
- ISO (International Standardization Organization) certificate. It confirms the compliance of AKH with international treatment standards and demands.
- KUIMS is considered the best healthcare services provider in South Korea by the Korean International Medical Association (KIMA).
- University hospital develops and implements innovative cancer treatment options.
- English-speaking staff.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
- 20-year survival rate of patients after thyroid cancer treatment at Severance is 90% according to the hospital data. Severance specialists perform
- 1,000 surgeries to remove malignant tumors of the thyroid gland annually.
- 90% of surgeries in case of stomach cancer are without complications, 5-year survival rate is 77.7% according to Severance statistics.
- 75% of patients with lung cancer stage 1 survive a 5-year line after the treatment at Severance.
- Severance cooperates with Anderson and Johns Hopkins Cancer Centers, the best ones in the USA. It means that American standards of treatment are implemented in Severance Hospital.
- 4 mln patients choose Severance annually.