28 clinics from around the world that specialize in Brachytherapy for prostate cancer are listed in the catalogue.
Operation is used in Oncology.
The rating is based on the choice of patients who underwent the procedure abroad.
The price for Brachytherapy for prostate cancer in leading overseas clinics is displayed in the catalogue. The lowest price is 16640$. Get your specific cost of the procedure from Medical Coordinator.
Bookimed doesn’t charge patients any additional fees for arranging a treatment.
5 days for arrangement
- Doctors from Gesundheit Nord provide brachy treatment for prostate cancer. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- Bremen-Mitte Prostate Cancer Center is certified by the German Cancer Society that confirms high quality of prostate oncology treatment with brachytherapy and other options.
- According to the Focus magazine version, the hospital is ranked among Top German centers to treat tumors of the urogenital system. The rating was composed according to the quality of medical equipment and doctors' qualification.
- More than 4,000 patients are treated in Bremen-Mitte Department. This means that doctors have vast experience in treating urological disorders.
Submit a request to receive a personalized cost of brachytherapy for prostate cancer at Bremen-Mitte.
5 days for arrangement
- Over 90% is a success rate of prostate cancer treatment with brachytherapy.
- Dr. Apichart Panichchivaluck manages brachytherapy for prostate cancer at Bumrungrad. There are 2 types of brachy radiation treatment: radioactive seed implantation (permanent brachytherapy) and high dose rate (HDR) temporary brachytherapy. The first one is prescribed for patients with localized low-grade cancer of the prostate gland, the second one — for patients with high risk localized cancer.
- Bumrungrad is one of the most popular hospitals in the world for medical tourism. Over 520,000 outbound patients visit Bumrungrad annually. People choose Bumrungrad due to advanced medical care and lower cost of brachytherapy for prostate cancer (compared to US, Canadian hospitals).
- The medical center was the 1st in Asia that received JCI (Joint Commission International) certificate, an authoritative global accreditation that controls the quality of medical services around the world.
Submit a request to get a personalized brachytherapy cost for prostate cancer at Bumrungrad.
- Brachytherapy is one of the primary prostate cancer treatment options at Fuda as far as its doctors focus on non-surgical therapy for oncology.
- A 10-year survival rate is achieved by Fuda doctors after prostate cancer treatment.
- Fuda is a unique hospital in China that successfully treats patients with cancer stages 3-4.
- The medical center is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International). This is a certificate that confirms the world-class quality of medical services.
Submit a request to receive a personalized brachy treatment price for prostate cancer at Fuda.
Brachytherapy is a non-surgical treatment of prostate cancer with internal irradiation. Special tiny seeds are placed inside the prostate gland and destroy a tumor.
The effectiveness of brachytherapy is over 90%.
You can compare brachytherapy costs for prostate cancer and read reviews on this page.
If you need to start brachy treatment of prostate cancer in the shortest term, submit a request and Bookimed will arrange your medical trip to a chosen hospital within 2-5 days.
What does a brachytherapy cost for prostate cancer depend on?
The price for brachy treatment in case of prostate cancer is affected by:
- A number of radioactive seeds required to be placed inside the prostate gland. Their amount differs for low- and high-dose brachytherapy.
- Doctor's experience. Specialists who have vast experience in performing brachytherapy for prostate oncology treatment may ask for a higher fee. But in any case, you should carefully study a doctor's CV and be sure in their professionalism.
- Country for treatment. Due to a different price policy in the countries, the brachytherapy cost also varies without quality loss. For instance, the price of internal radiotherapy in Europe is 2-3 times lower than in the USA or Canada.
Submit a request on Bookimed website to get a personalized brachytherapy cost for your case.
Benefits of brachytherapy for prostate cancer?
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is internal irradiation of the prostate. This treatment option is primary in case of non-metastatic cancer. It allows preserve the prostate and avoid complications. Brachytherapy is an alternative therapy to radical prostatectomy.
The advantages of brachytherapy in case of prostate cancer are the following:
- minimally invasive procedure
- the same effectiveness with prostatectomy (removal of the prostate)
- the prostate is preserved
- 96% of patients save their ability to normally urinate
- 85% of patients preserve the erectile function
- short hospital stay - 24 hours.
Indications and contraindications of brachy treatment for prostate cancer
Indications for brachytherapy:
- prostate cancer T1-T3 NOMO
- seminal vesicles are not affected by metastases
- the absence of problems with the urination
- PSA less than 15-20 ng/ml
- the prostate volume no more than 50 cm3.
Contraindications for brachytherapy:
- metastatic spread
- Gleason score over 7.
The age in not a contradiction for brachytherapy in case of prostate cancer.
Process of prostate cancer treatment with brachytherapy
The prostate cancer treatment with brachytherapy consists of such steps:
- consultation with a specialist
- palpation of the prostate
- A patient is under general anesthesia. The operating area is sterilized.
- A doctor inserts the catheter to withdraw the urine.
- The special probe is placed in the rectum to make images of operation and transmit them on the screen.
- A specialist inserts 15-30 needles into the prostate. Their quantity depends on the prostate size.
- Through each needle it is possible to place 1-6 radioactive seeds.
- The brachytherapy for prostate takes 1-2 hours.
- Then a patient is hospitalized. The next day after brachytherapy, a doctor examines man’s health and removes the catheter. A patient returns home.
Process of brachytherapy for prostate cancer
During several weeks some patients may notice the swelling and urination disorders.
In 1-1.5 months a patient needs to visit a doctor, in 3 months - make PSA test. If there are no complications, a man returns to a usual lifestyle.
Radioactive seeds lose 50% of their charge during the first 2 months. The seeds remain in the prostate.
During the first 2 months after brachytherapy, a man needs to avoid the long-term contact with children and pregnant women. This period the irradiation is quite strong.
The sexual life is allowed after brachytherapy.
How to receive brachytherapy for prostate cancer?
Submit a request on Bookimed, and our Medical Doctor will contact you to find the most appropriate place to undergo brachytherapy or other treatment option for prostate cancer.
The Coordinator will make an appointment with the leading specialist in brachytherapy and calculate the cost of treatment.
Bookimed services are free for patients.
How much does Brachytherapy for prostate cancer cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the Brachytherapy for prostate cancer individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final Brachytherapy for prostate cancer cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
28 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer cost is:
- The average cost is $18,500. The lowest price is $7,400 and the highest — $35,400.
2 days for arrangement
- Over 90% of patients with prostate cancer recover after brachytherapy at Assuta.
- In 90% of men preserve an erection after internal radiotherapy according to the hospital data.
- Assuta was the 1st in Israel that received JCI (Joint Commission International) certificate. It confirms a hospital's compliance with international treatment standards.
- The medical center is considered the most advanced facility in the Middle East.
Request to Bookimed to receive a personalized cost of brachytherapy for prostate cancer at Assuta.
6 days for arrangement
- Asklepios Barmbek is the best hospital in the world for treatment of international patients according to MTQA (Medical Travel Quality Alliance) version.
- Doctors apply a wide range of prostate cancer treatment, including brachytherapy.
- The cost of brachytherapy at Asklepios is one of the most affordable in Germany.
5 days for arrangement
- 95% is a success rate if brachytherapy at Navarra — a prostate tumor stops its growth.
- Over 500 brachytherapy procedures have been conducted for the last 10 years at Navarra.
- About 20 brachytherapy protocols are applied to treat different types of tumors.
- Navarra is the 1st hospital in Spain that has started to apply internal brachytherapy.
- Navarra is among a few hospitals where temporary accelerated postoperative brachytherapy is applied.
2 days for arrangement
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is carried out in the Urology Department.
A patient is under local or general anesthesia during the therapy. A specialist inserts the urine catheter and the special probe to send the images on the screen and control operation. Then the needles (their quantity varies depending on the prostate size) are placed in the prostate gland. Through the needles radioactive seeds are delivered to the prostate.
The duration of operation is 1.5 hours. A patient is hospitalized for 24 hours. If there are no complications, a doctor removes the catheter, and a man leaves the Hospital.
The cost of brachytherapy is calculated individually in each particular case.
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is carried out under local or general anesthesia. A doctor installs the needles in the prostate to put in the radioactive sources - seeds. The procedure is controlled by the visualized diagnostic units. It takes about 1.5 hours.
After the operation, a patient is hospitalized for 1 day. Then a doctor examines a patient and removes the catheter. A patient returns home.
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is performed under local or general anesthesia.
While the operation a specialist inserts the catheter to maintain the urinating. The 15-30 needles are inserted into the prostate to install the radioactive seeds. Their amount differs.
The duration of prostate cancer treatment with brachytherapy is about 1.5 hours. The hospital stay is 24 hours. Then a doctor removes the catheter; a patient is dismissed.
The cost of brachytherapy for prostate cancer is affected with the quantity of required seeds and is calculated individually.
Helios Berlin-Buch is the largest and modern hospital in the capital of Germany.
It is included in the best German centers list in 2018 according to the Focus magazine ranking.
94% of patients recommend Helios Berlin-Buch for diagnostics and treatment.
Key specialties of the hospital are oncology and surgical oncology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obesity treatment.
Specialists at Teknon provide brachy treatment for prostate cancer.
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is performed under general or local anesthesia. A physician implants the catheter to remove the urine. The special probe is put inside the rectum to visualize and control the process.
Then 15-30 needles are placed into the prostate. Radioactive seeds inserted inside the prostate go through them. The high dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer takes 1.5 hours. When the operation is over, a patient is hospitalized. If there are no complications, a doctor removes the catheter and gives the recommendations. A man is discharged from the Hospital.
The cost of brachytherapy is determined for each patient individually.
Neolife Medical Center is a part of the Turkish Bozlu Holding, and specializes in the cancer treatment. The Clinic has received international certification (JCI) as one of the world leaders in nuclear medicine and radiation oncology. The Center has 2 systems for radiotherapy - Trilogy System and TrueBeam STx (Novalis Radiosurgery). The Center also provides conventional oncological surgeries and minimally invasive treatment procedures.
Helios Krefeld Hospital is a multidisciplinary center in Germany, one of the most modern facilities in Europe. Since 2015 to 2017, it took the leading positions among top hospitals of Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking.
Specialties of the hospital are surgery, oncology, heart surgery, orthopedics. Over 57,500 patients choose Helios Krefeld for treatment. According to the anonymous survey, 95% of patients are satisfied with the diagnostics and treatment.
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center in Hamburg. The Hospital works on the premisses of Asklepios Kliniken Medical Group.
The Hospital specializes in the treatment of the heart, vessels, and spine diseases.
St. Georg Hospital is among the TOP German medical facilities according to the Focus magazine.
87,000 patients receive the treatment annually here.
Apollo Hospitals is the largest medical network in the South Asia - 64 hospitals in 9 countries. It has the best diagnostic laboratory in India and the biggest Transplantation Center after the USA. Clinics of Apollo accept over 1,000,000 patients from different countries annually. Reasonable prices, state-of-the-art equipment and well-developed infrastructure make Apollo popular worldwide.
Global Hospital (Gleneagles Global Health City) is a multidisciplinary hospital in Chennai, India.
The hospital is the best medical facility for the organ transplant in the country and the world’s leader in the number of successful liver transplants (over 1,000). Doctors are the 1st in India to perform minimally invasive lung and combined heart-kidney transplants.
Gleneagles Global Health City specializes in the organ and bone marrow transplant, cardiology, pulmonology (treatment of the lungs), and oncology.
Global Hospital Chennai is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Medical Group, which accepts 2 mln patients annually.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
Gangnam Severance Hospital is a large multidisciplinary medical center in Seoul, South Korea. The hospital specializes in oncology, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiology, and check-up (complex diagnostics).
Gangnam Severance Hospital has received JCI accreditation, a global organization that evaluates the clinics across the globe for safety and high-quality medical services. That means the hospital complies with international healthcare standards.
The hospital is the 1st in South Korea to perform lung transplant.
5 days for arrangement
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is performed under general or local anesthesia. The procedure takes 1-2 hours. A physician installs the urine catheter. Then a doctor inserts the needles into the prostate.
The radioactive sources (seeds) are placed through the needles inside the prostate gland. The operation process in controlled by the methods of visualized diagnostics - CT or MRI.
The hospital stay is 1 day. A patient visits a doctor to remove the catheter and undergo the examination.
The cost of brachytherapy for prostate cancer is determined individually for each patient.