Germany is considered one of the top destinations among foreign patients for oncology treatment in the world due to:
- Best German oncology centers. The leading hospitals are certified by German Cancer Society that confirms highest standards in cancer treatment. The work of centers is strictly regulated on the state level.
- Clinical trials and development for oncology treatment. Specialists of cancer hospitals in Germany provide the scientific activity to implement new therapies.
- Up to 99% of cancer treatment efficiency. Due to advanced technologies and doctors’ experience, even complex oncology may be successfully treated.
Disadvantages of cancer treatment in Germany:
- High price. The cancer treatment cost in Germany is 2-3 times higher than in Asian hospitals (for instance, Turkish hospitals are internationally certified and cooperate with top American centers, but keep prices low).
- Long waiting times. Best cancer treatment centers in Germany may response within up to 2-3 weeks. It is often a reason why patients choose Turkey or Thailand if they need an urgent treatment.
Submit a request on Bookimed, and we will assist in choosing the best option in your particular case. Our services do not affect the bill from the hospital.
Below are represented the best cancer treatment centers in Germany. The rating is based on their certifications, patients’ reviews and Bookimed Medical Doctors’ opinion.
- Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA) rating. It means that the hospital complies with the strict quality demands and provides foreign patients with advanced treatment. It makes Asklepios Barmbek one of the best German clinics for cancer therapy.
- 16,000 patients prefer this German center to treat oncology. It is equipped with the latest technologies; doctors have over 15-20 years of experience in cancer treatment.
- It is certified by German Cancer Society. That means you have access to the most effective cancer treatment options.
- Oncology types treated at Asklepios Barmbek: liver, lung, stomach, pancreas, esophagus, colorectal, kidney, prostate, testicular, bladder, breast cancer, uterine and ovarian cancers; leukemia, plasmacytoma.
The Oncology Center of Nordwest Hospital (Germany) has the European Society of Medical Oncology certificate.
Specialists The conducts research in the area of tumor immunology.
For the treatment of malignant tumors, oncologists carry out immunotherapy, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
- Certification from German Cancer Society that confirms the compliance of oncology treatment with the strictest German cure protocols.
- Gesundheit Nord Bremen consists of narrow-specialized cancer treatment centers. It means that doctors have vast experience in a particular oncological disease treatment that increases chances to choose the most appropriate therapy.
- Top German oncologists. Specialists of Gesundheit Nord have practiced in the leading American hospitals. They are permanently included in the Focus magazine ranking as best cancer specialists in Germany.
- Second medical opinion. It is possible to arrange online consultation with a doctor from Gesundheit Nord Bremen regarding the diagnosis and adequacy of the prescribed treatment.
- Such cancer types are treated at this German oncology center: breast, gynecological, prostate, skin, head and neck, gastrointestinal, leukemia.
- Helios Berlin Buch is included in Top German hospitals rating 2018 composed by the Focus magazine. It means that the hospital complies with strict treatment demands, and its therapies show the highest efficiency rate.
- 97% of patients are satisfied with oncology treatment at Helios according to anonymous survey among them.
- Helios Berlin Buch doctors lead the clinical trials of new treatment methods regarding cancer cure in Germany. If you would like and in case you correspond requirements, you can participate in the experiment and try the latest developments.
Cancer Treatment in Germany
In the leading cancer hospitals in Germany progressive treatment methods are used. Level of cancer cure in Germany is one of the highest in the world and is provided by applying the effective treatment methods. Their choice depends on the type of cancer and treatment options. Among them are:
- radio- and chemotherapy (including chemotherapy in vitro);
- brachytherapy (targeted influence on malignant tumor radioactively);
- targeted therapy (influences on cancer cells without damaging healthy tissues);
- advanced surgical methods (including latest-generation Da Vinci robotic system);
- bone marrow transplantations.
A treatment plan is worked out by a team of leading German cancer doctors. Specialists apply the most accurate diagnostic methods for cancer and prefer using minimally traumatic methods for treatment to avoid complications. System of an effective assistance guarantees a quick recovery after operations. That is a reason why patients worldwide choose Germany clinics as alternative cancer treatment.
Each patient has to know that before going to German cancer clinics, it is necessary to prepay a deposit which covers expenses for diagnostic and cancer treatment. All the money which haven’t been used, are turned to a patient.
Bookimed provides an assistance for each patient regarding cancer treatment in Germany: from the choice of the appropriate hospitals to organization the whole medical trip in the shortest term.
Costs of oncology procedures in Germany
|Chemotherapy||$1700 - $5100|
|Radiotherapy||$8450 - $29300|
|Immunotherapy||$4500 - $9000|
|Radioiodine therapy||$3300 - $11100|
|Breast cancer surgery||$6900 - $16900|
|PET/CT||$2500 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$1150 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$960 - $2600|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$70 - $970|
|CT (computer tomography)||$970 - $1250|
- Helios Krefeld Clinic is one of best German cancer clinics. It is certified by German Cancer Society that ensures you access to the latest therapeutic options.
- Helios Krefeld Clinic is also considered a Top hospital in Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking. The rating is composed on the criteria of doctors’ qualifications, technical equipment, and patients’ reviews.
- Helios Krefeld Oncology Center provides the following success rates for surgeries in case of colorectal cancer: 98% for the colon removal and 100% for the rectum removal.
- Oncologists with over 10 years of experience.
- “Cold cap” therapy is applied during chemotherapy to avoid hair loss. The cold makes chemo drugs less active and prevents their spread to hair follicles.
- Oncology types treated at this German cancer center: breast, colorectal, prostate, head and neck cancers.
Klinikum Bremen-Ost is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Bremen. The hospital is a part of the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen network of hospitals. Bremen-Ost Hospital specializes in lung surgery, neurology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry.
Bremen-Ost is among best German medical facilities in 2015-2016 according to the rating of Focus magazine. The rating includes hospitals with positive patients’ feedback and high treatment success rates.
Every year Bremen-Ost receives 19,000 patients for treatment.
Klinikum Bremen-Nord is a multispecialty hospital in the northern part of Bremen (Germany), which is a part of Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Key specialties at Bremen-Nord are general and vascular surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics.
In 2015-2016, the hospital was ranked among the 100 best medical facilities in Germany according to the Focus journal. The journal takes into account the percent of successful treatment provided in the hospital, patients’ reviews and doctors’ achievements.
Each year, Bremen-Nord treats 40,000 patients.
Düsseldorf Clinics Association
Düsseldorf Clinics Association consists of 4 multidisciplinary hospitals. Physicians at Dusseldorf specialize in oncology, neurology, cardiology, orthopedics, and surgery.
More than 60 professors work in the Association. They head the rating of the best physicians according to Focus magazine, one of the three German most widely circulating titles.
Over 200,000 patients undergo treatment in Düsseldorf Clinics Association annually.
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center in Hamburg. The Hospital works on the premisses of Asklepios Kliniken Medical Group.
The Hospital specializes in the treatment of the heart, vessels, and spine diseases.
St. Georg Hospital is among the TOP German medical facilities according to the Focus magazine.
87,000 patients receive the treatment annually here.
Asklepios Nord is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Hamburg. It is included in the biggest medical network in Germany — Asklepios Kliniken.
Pediatrics, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery are the main specialties at Asklepios Nord.
Asklepios Nord is regularly ranked among TOP hospitals in Germany for dentistry, ophthalmology, proctology.
72,000 patients receive treatment in the hospital annually.
Asklepios Klinik Altona is a university hospital of Hamburg, one of the oldest medical facilities in Northern Germany. The medical center belongs to the hospitals’ group of Asklepios Kliniken. Asklepios Altona Hamburg specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, abdominal surgery, neurology, and oncology specialties.
95,000 patients get treatment annually here.
CDT-WEST Center of Diagnostics and Therapy
CDT-WEST is a specialized diagnostic radiology and therapy center in Cologne (Germany).
Specialists conduct health check using the latest CT, MRI, and PET-CT (positron emission tomography) devices.
Radiation therapists carry out such modern techniques as IMRT (intensity-modulated radiotherapy), IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), DIBH (deep inspiration breath hold radiation therapy). These methods allow treating tumors located close to vital organs safely and effectively.
Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is one of the largest medical institutions of the Rurh region in Germany. The Hospital consists of 19 departments, 10 certified centers. Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is a leading facility for emergency patients as the most efficient in severe cases. Annually clinics receives around 80,000 patients and actively cooperates with other European and German medical centers in the field of medical assistance and teaching programs.
St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is a multidisciplinary clinic located 20 minutes from the International Airport in the center of Düsseldorf. It is considered as the leading German hospital in the surgical treatment of obesity. Only two German clinics are accredited by the International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders and St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is one of them. The Medical Center also includes specialized divisions for diabetes (accredited by the German Diabetes Association - DDG) and minimally invasive gastric surgery. St. Martinus-Krankenhaus is entitled to Top Mediziner 2016 in obesity surgery according to Focus Magazine (one of the most prestigious medical awards in Germany). The Clinic has also an advanced training base for dietitians from the whole country.
The Center specializes in treatment of lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, sarcomas, malignant lymphomas and tumors in children and adults. The stereotaxic radiation therapy is available at the Center for targeted treatment of brain tumors. Bone marrow transplantation is also conducted.
- Over 50,000 foreign patients choose Helios Park Hospital in Leipzig annually.
- It is accredited by German Cancer Society for the high treatment efficiency, doctors’ qualification, and level of equipment.
- 99.9% is a success rate for removal of stomach malignant tumors.
- 93.6% of patients are satisfied with the treatment according to the hospital information.
- Over 50% of surgeries to remove cancer are minimally invasive and speed up postoperative period.
The Department of Oncology in Medical Park Hospitals Group (Germany) specializes in the therapy of malignant tumors. Oncologists provide complex diagnostics and treatment of the digestive tract, genitourinary system, bones and thyroid gland cancer.
Specialists use radiotherapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy programs.
The medical team of the Department consists of therapists, oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, and oncopsychologists.
Charité Oncology Center is certified by the German Cancer Society. For the treatment of cancer, doctors use the radiation therapy CyberKnife, TrueBeam. They apply drugs of immunotherapy and targeted therapy.
The Department includes the units of radiotherapy, oncology immunology, hematology, pulmonological oncology.
There are also highly specialized centers for the treatment of melanoma, prostate cancer, and breast tumors.
The Dermatologikum Clinic - the unique medical center in Europe - is located in the heart of Berlin. It includes day-clinic, laser center and educational center and provides wide therapy spectrum for dermatology treatment due to the most experienced dermatologists in Germany and by means of the advanced technologies.