Advantages of cancer treatment in Italy:
- The latest cancer treatment options. Italy takes one of the leading positions in Europe regarding scientific research activity to develop new therapies for oncology. So, a patient receives access to the latest technologies.
- International and European accreditation. The best cancer centers in Italy are certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology). They are word’s top organizations that confirm hospital’s compliance with the strict medical standards.
- Affordable prices. The oncology treatment cost in Italy is about at the same level as in Germany, Spain, Korea, or Israel, but 3-4 times lower than in America. It means a patient receives world-class medical service at a lower price.
Submit a request on Bookimed to book a chosen hospital. Our Medical Doctor will contact you to answer all your questions and arrange treatment in the shortest term.
You don’t pay for Bookimed services. Learn more about us here.
- San Raffaele is one of the best cancer centers in Italy according to the hospital’s data.
- San Raffaele is the 1st cancer center in Europe to apply tomotherapy. It is a type of radiation therapy when beams are delivered slice-by-slice based on intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and performed by a linear accelerator. It affects cancer cells with high radiation dose avoiding healthy tissues damage.
- Over 9,000 cancer patients and 6,000 surgeries in case of oncology.
- 2,000 radiotherapeutic cycles annually.
- San Raffaele is a top center in Italy to treat cancer with GammaKnife according to the hospital’s statistics.
- Leading Italian scientific research center.
- San Donato Hospitals Group is a leading in Italy and one of the largest in Europe according to the facility’s data.
- San Donato consists of 18 hospitals, including 3 centers of excellence.
- Top scientific research center in Italy according to San Donato data.
Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi is a leading medical facility in orthopedics and traumatology in Italy.
5,000 orthopedic operations are carried out in Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi annually. It is the most significant number of surgeries in the country.
91% of interventions on average are successful. This index is the highest in Italy.
Galeazzi Orthopedic Institute specializes in joint replacements, maxillofacial (orthognathic) surgery, spine surgery for children and adults.
RE.GA.IN (Regenerative Galeazzi Institute) works on the premises of the Institute, where specialists provide stem cell therapy for joints and tendons.
Check complete information on Galeazzi by clicking the link.
Common proceduresBone marrow transplantation Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab) Targeted therapy MRI of one area PET/CT Mammography
- European Institute of Oncology is in the list of Top 6 best cancer centers in the world according to the Hospital Benchmarking Award.
- The hospital is in the list of the best medical facilities for medical tourism in the world according to MTJ (International Medical Travel Journal). 100,000 patients annually.
- The center is certified by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
- The institute is a leader in Europe regarding the number of performed HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound) procedures. It destroys a tumor with ultrasound without causing much side effects.
- The hospital is awarded by OECI (Organisation of the European Cancer Institutes) for development and application of innovative cancer treatment options.
Costs of oncology procedures in Italy
|Bone marrow transplantation||$179800|
|Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab)||$2850|
|Targeted therapy||$2250 - $7900|
|Lung cancer surgery||$28700|
|MRI of one area||$300 - $520|
|PET/CT||$1950 - $2600|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
The sports clinic Villa Stuart is an Italian hospital where any famous athletes and patients from all over the world undergo rehabilitation and treatment. Villa Stuart is recognized as one of the world's leading clinics specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation. FIFA's accreditation and thirty-year experience of cooperation with the world's sports stars confirm it.
La Madonnina Clinic is a multidisciplinary medical facility in the center of Milan (Italy). The hospital works on the premises of San Donato Network, the country's largest medical group.
La Madonnina Hospital specializes in medical checkup (comprehensive examination of the body), obesity treatment and plastic surgery.
La Madonnina is a premium class hospital, where medical staff pays particular attention to a comfortable patient stay.
The clinic provides treatment for the most famous people in Italy. Among them are multi-billionaire Silvio Berlusconi and players of the Milan football club.