Best centers for cancer treatment in Korea are represented below. The rating is based on the Bookimed coordinators opinions and patients' reviews.
Patients from over the world choose Korea to treat oncology due to:
- The high effectiveness of cancer treatment. Healthcare in South Korea takes the 4th position regarding the treatment efficiency in the world according to Bloomberg, the world’s leader of providing business and financial information.
- Top treatment centers. 90% of medical facilities in Korea are private. They are annually certified on the state and international levels. It guarantees the high treatment effectiveness and doctors’ professionalism.
- State-of-the-art equipment. Korean private hospitals use medical equipment produced by Samsung, LG, and Hyundai, world-renowned manufacturers of revolutionary technologies. This equipment is renovated every 3-5 years. Korean doctors apply the latest techniques to treat cancer focusing on minimally invasive surgical units such as Da Vinci robot or laparoscope. This approach speeds up recovery and shows good results.
- Affordable prices. Cancer treatment in Korea is at the same high level than in the USA, but the cost is 20-30% lower due to general price policy in Korea.
Submit a request on Bookimed to undergo cancer treatment in any Korean clinic from the list. Bookimed Medical Doctor will contact you to answer all your questions and arrange treatment at a cancer center in Korea.
You don’t pay for Bookimed services. Learn more about us here.
- 20-year survival rate of patients after thyroid cancer treatment at Severance is 90% according to the hospital data. Severance specialists perform
- 1,000 surgeries to remove malignant tumors of the thyroid gland annually.
- 90% of surgeries in case of stomach cancer are without complications, 5-year survival rate is 77.7% according to Severance statistics.
- 75% of patients with lung cancer stage 1 survive a 5-year line after the treatment at Severance.
- Severance cooperates with Anderson and Johns Hopkins Cancer Centers, the best ones in the USA. It means that American standards of treatment are implemented in Severance Hospital.
- 4 mln patients choose Severance annually.
- The Cancer Center works on the premises of Gil Hospital. It is a certified Center for Cancer Therapy by the Korean Ministry of Health.
- Gil Medical Center is equipped with IBM Watson for Oncology artificial intelligence. Only 30 hospitals in the world apply this innovative device. IBM Watson is a supercomputer to choose the most effective cancer treatment with 96% of accuracy. IBM Watson processes 25,000 patients medical histories, 15 mln scientific research, 500 medical books, and articles for several minutes to compose the treatment plan in each particular case. It excludes medical error and speeds up the therapy beginning.
- 1.4 mln patients choose Gil Hospital annually.
- Gil Hospital belongs to Top 3 scientific research medical centers of South Korea.
- KUIMS is considered the best healthcare services provider in South Korea by the Korean International Medical Association (KIMA).
- University hospital develops and implements innovative cancer treatment options.
- English-speaking staff.
Common proceduresChemotherapy Brain tumor removal Radioiodine therapy MRI of one area PET/CT Biopsy
- Kangbuk Samsung accepts international patients only with initial cancer stages. Oncological screenings are also available.
- Kangbuk Samsung is considered the best cancer treatment center in Korea for stomach, colon, and liver cancer according to the national HIRAS magazine. The average success rate for these 3 oncological types is higher than in other Korean cancer hospitals.
- No.1 hospital in Korea regarding patients’ satisfaction according to the Weekly News magazine.
- Kangbuk Samsung Cancer Center specializes in breast and gastrointestinal oncology treatment.
- Over 1 mln surgeries to remove gastrointestinal tumors. 98.8% of patients survive a 5-year line after thyroid cancer treatment according to the Kangbuk Samsung data.
- 910,000 patients choose Soon Chun Hyang annually.
- According to the hospital’s data, 98-99% of pancreas cancer surgeries are carried out without complications.
- Over 44 years of experience in treating various diseases.
Costs of oncology procedures in Republic of Korea
|Chemotherapy||$1000 - $4000|
|Brain tumor removal||$15400 - $45000|
|Radioiodine therapy||$690 - $7150|
|Hysterectomy with DaVinci robot||$18700 - $23400|
|Thyroidectomy||$8850 - $26500|
|MRI of one area||$440 - $1350|
|PET/CT||$930 - $3000|
|Biopsy||$660 - $1300|
|Colonoscopy||$180 - $500|
|Mammography||$90 - $280|
- Specialists of Samsung Cancer Center cooperate with Anderson Cancer Center, the leading one in the USA. It means that American treatment standards are implemented at Samsung.
- The world record for 1,800 stomach cancer and 1,500 colorectal cancer surgeries.
- According to the hospital data, Samsung Gynecologic Cancer Center set a world-class record for 5-year survival rates: up to 89% for patients with cervical cancer, up to 87% for endometrial cancer patients, and up to 78% for ovarian cancer patients.
- 672,000 people choose Samsung annually.
- “Diagnostics for 1 day” service is available at Samsung. It allows patients to make all diagnostic procedures for 1 day. It is very helpful in case of cancer when treatment is required immediately.
Ewha Womans University Medical Center (EUMC) is the first and best hospitals for women in Korea, which is located in the western part of Seoul is 45 km from Incheon International Airport and 10 km from Gimpo Airport.
Asan Hospital (Asan Medical Center) is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in South Korea, which can serve 2,700 patients at once.
The key specialties in the hospital are organ transplant, oncology, cardiology, and cardiac surgery. Almost half of all heart transplants in South Korea are carried out (45%) at Asan. The success of organ transplants ranges from 90%.
Every day, 11,800 outpatients and 2,550 inpatients are treated in Asan Hospital. Medical tourists from the USA, China, the UAE, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia choose Asan Hospital.
Gangnam Severance Hospital is a large multidisciplinary medical center in Seoul, South Korea. The hospital specializes in oncology, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiology, and check-up (complex diagnostics).
Gangnam Severance Hospital has received JCI accreditation, a global organization that evaluates the clinics across the globe for safety and high-quality medical services. That means the hospital complies with international healthcare standards.
The hospital is the 1st in South Korea to perform lung transplant.
Seoul National University Bundang Hospital is one of the most innovative multidisciplinary medical centers in Korea.
It is the 1st digital hospital in the country. The hospital is equipped witg BESTcare system that allows avoiding medical errors, improving treatment safety and effectiveness.
Bundang specializes in general and abdominal surgery, oncology, orthopedics and traumatology.
1,500,000 patients undergo treatment at in hospital every year.
Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH) is the leading multidisciplinary state facility in the capital of South Korea. The President of the country receives treatment here.
Since 2004, SNUH has been digitalized completely — all data about patients is stored in the electronic system.
The hospital shows the highest statistics for cancer treatment in South Korea. Other SNUH key specialties are neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, pediatrics, and organ transplant.
Seoul University Hospital serves 10,700 patients every day on average.
St. Mary’s Hospital Seoul is a large multidisciplinary medical center in South Korea. The main specialties are oncology, hematology, organ transplant, cardiovascular surgery, and check-up. The hospital was the first in South Korea for liver, small bowel and cornea transplants. St. Mary’s Hospital in Korea is ranked the 5th in the world for successful bone marrow transplants.
30,000 international patients get treatment annually here.
Miz Medi Women's hospital is a multi-specialized women's hospital of international standard in gynecology and obstetrics, children's diseases.
Bumin Hospital Seoul specialized in the joints and spine, founded in 2011 is part of a Group of Bumin Hospitals . The Hospital meets international standards, confidence reached its medical service, accurate diagnosis, latest equipments, environmentally friendly places for recreation and professional medical staff strives to create a healthy world with the best service.