Prostate cancer treatment is performed by TOP German doctor
Dr. Sebastian Melchior is included in the top of the best German urologists according to authoritative FOCUS magazine ranking.
Da Vinci robot is used for providing low-traumatic prostatectomy with up to 90% success rate.
|Androgen deprivation therapy|
|Radical Prostatectomy via da Vinci Robotic Surgery||18500 €|
|Radiotherapy||2000 - 8000 €|
|Chemotherapy||1500 - 3500 €|
Diagnostics usually includes PSA-analysis, prostate biopsy, MRI. It lasts from 2 to 5 days.
Professor, Chief Physician of the Department of Urology and Nephrology at Bremen-Mitte
Head of Cancer Center, Chief Physician
Gesundheit Nord Bremen includes Bremen Mitte Hospital, which is the largest Oncology Unit in Northern Germany. This cancer treatment center is accredited by the German Society of Oncology DKG Krebsgesellschaft.
Treatment plan of prostate cancer is worked out by a leading German oncologist
Dr. Justus Duyster is the list of the best oncologists in Germany according to FOCUS magazine rating.
Treatment of prostate cancer is conducted in the specialized Prostate and Cancer Centers (CCCF) of Freiburg Hospital.
Chief Urologist, Andrologist
The Department of Urology in Freiburg Clinic is in the list of TOP ones according to the version of FOCUS magazine.
The main urologist of the Clinic is a doctor with work experience over 47 years - Ulrich Vetteraurer.
The Radiology Department of the Clinic complies with German quality certificate KTQ.
Asklepios Barmbek Clinic is in TOP-10 world hospitals according to MTQA organization
Medical Transcription Quality Assurance (MTQA).
Prostatectomy is conducted on Da Vinci robot of the last generation. Doctors at Asklepios make a genotyping of cancer cells in order to choose effective chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of prostate cancer.
A set of diagnostic procedures are conducted within 2-5 days.
|Transrectal ultrasound (TRUS)|
|Consultation of an urologist|
|Transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy||1100 €|
|CT (computer tomography)||1000 - 1200 €|
|PET-CT||2000 - 3600 €|
|Scintigraphy||900 - 1500 €|
Chief physician of Asklepios Department of Urology, Onco-Surgeon
Head of Oncology Department
Asklepios Alton Cancer Center is certified by the German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
Prostate cancer treatment involves a multidisciplinary team of doctors: urologists, oncologists, radiologists, therapists. The program of diagnostics and treatment is prescribed after a consultation with specialists.
Prostate Cancer Treatment in Germany
The cost of prostate cancer treatment in Germany is quite high, but comparing with prices in hospitals of the USA and clinics of other European countries, they are quite affordable considering the high level of medical help.
Patients from all over the world go to Germany for treatment of prostate cancer due to high effectiveness, low level of relapsewhich helps to avoid additional spending for treatment procedures in future.
Prostate cancer cure in Germany due to effective implementation of chemotherapy, radiotherapy, brachytherapy with minimal side effects are used. Prostatectomy (removal of prostate) may be performed on da Vinci robotic system. Such prostate cancer surgery in Germany is low-traumatic, shows good therapy results, and helps to avoid complications: erectile function and potency are saved.
- Diagnostics of the prostate cancer
- Cost for diagnostics at Solingen Medical Center
- Treatment methods of the prostate carcinoma
- What is the rehabilitation process after cancer?
- Cost for carcinoma treatment
- Treatment efficiency in Solingen Clinic
Solingen Academic Medical Center has the status of the University Hospital by the University of Cologne. The Medical Center has several specific directions, one of which is the treatment of the oncologic diseases, particularly prostate cancer. The famous urologists and oncologic urologists in Europe apply here the efficient minimally invasive surgical methods and distance learning managed by Prof. Dr. med. Markus Heuser.
- Rectal examination held to detect the induration of the organ
- Ultrasound of the prostate and bladder, as well as the transrectal ultrasound to examine the pelvic organs
- Uroflowmetry is the examination of the micturition function
- Blood tests for tumor markers search
- Prostate tissues biopsy to detect the cancer cells
The following procedures are held in order to detect the tumor foci in other organs:
- Abdominal ultrasound
Cost for diagnostics at Solingen Medical Center
The cost for diagnostic procedures may vary in broad limits depending on the certain clinical case and the stage of the disease. The expenditures for the preliminary consultancy by oncologist and the package of the main tests comes up to 2,000 EUR.
- The preferred method is the prostatectomy, i.e. the surgical removal of the tumor, applying the da Vinci Surgical System.
- German doctors apply the following methods if any contraindications for the surgery arise:
- Distance irradiation of the tumor and the lymph nodes by the Cyber Knife;
- Destruction of the carcinoma by cryoablation, affecting the tumor with the low temperatures;
- Brachytherapy, i.e. administration of the capsules with isotopes into the tumor tissue for the local irradiation;
- Destruction of the cancer cells by the ultrasound ablation;
- At the later stages:
- Hormone therapy;
What is the rehabilitation process after the cancer?
The rehabilitation at the Medical Center takes 10-15 days, including the medical activities on restoration of the functions of micturition, potency and psychological health.
The cost for prostate cancer treatment in Germany at Solingen Medical Center
The expenditures for cancer treatment depend on the number of the medical procedures, the process of disease and ability of the organism to restoration. The prices for treatment at Solingen Medical Center for the foreign patients are the same as for the citizens of Germany, which are 20-30% lower than at other German medical centers via the Department of International Affairs.
Treatment efficiency in Solingen Clinic
The survival rate at the Medical Center is 80-90%, being one of the highest in Europe.
Reply from Team of International Office at Clinics Solingen:
first of all, allow us to thank you for this very detailed and emotional feedback. We always take criticism very serious, since this helps our clinic to develop. We are really sorry that you had to wait for Prof. Sesterhenn despite having an appointment for a fixed time. Unfortunately, sometimes the circumstances in a hospital lead to a situation, in which the doctor has to participate in urgent unexpected surgery.
Prof. Sesterhenn has performed a comprehensive analysis and has discussed the results with the patient in detail. He has also orally answered all your questions. A written conclusion, however, is usually prepared within several working days thereafter. This is a standardized process: professor records his conclusion on tape; after that, his secretary prepares the document, which is again reviewed and signed by the professor. Only after this, a written conclusion can be handed out to patient.
We wish you good health, and all the best for the future.
Team of International Office at Clinics Solingen"
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
Charité Urologic Hospital is one of the largest European urologic centers under the management of world-known oncologic urologists Prof. Kurt Miller MD. The individual plan of the prostate cancer treatment is developed by doctors, including both surgical (opened and minimal invasive laparoscopic) and traditional methods. Charité patients suffering the prostate cancer of the early stages preserve the sexual function after the treatment due to unique medical developments.
The following diagnostic procedures are held at Charité under the prostate cancer:
- physical examination;
- transrectal ultrasound;
- prostate biopsy;
- hystological analysis;
- laboratory blood testing incl. the tumor markers;
- X-ray and MRI;
- urine testing for microbiological and cytological examination;
- prostate cancer genetic testing and bone scan or CT to detect the metastases.
The total cost of diagnostics starts from 4,000 USD.
The following procedures are applied at Charité Urologic Hospital to treat the prostate cancer nowadays:
- nerves preserving extensive surgery of the prostate gland (prostatectomy) by traditional opened method or minimal invasive surgery by the brand new surgical device - DaVinci Surgical system of the last generation that enables to minimize the intraoperative tissue affection;
- brachytherapy (low frequency and high frequency SEED implants);
- high-frequency ultrasound HIFU with no negative affection of the surrounding healthy tissues and ionization;
- hormonal therapy.
The 5-10 years survival rate is one of the highest in Europe and goes up to 75%.