- Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
- What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
- Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
- Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Why is Prostate Center Europe considered to be a leader in prostate cancer treatment?
Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer is the main area of Center’s activity. The clinic rates first in the amount of performed operations on this disease in Europe with the assistance of the da Vinci robot. You can be sure of treatment and diagnostics reliability as urologists from all over the world are learning the da Vinci method on the basis of this hospital. Prostate Center Europe is also the only highly specialized hospital in Germany with the “fixed price” principle for its patients.
What doctors perform surgeries on prostate cancer removal in the Center?
All patients with prostate cancer are operated by the Director of the Clinic, Doctor of Medical Sciences and the best urological surgeon in Europe Jörn H. Witt. His work experience is 25 years. Up to now he has performed more than 4,000 surgeries on prostate cancer removal. In addition, Dr. Witt teaches hundreds of urologists annually to use the da Vinci method, publishes scientific works in surgery. He is a co-writer of the most comprehensive practical guide for urologists and surgeons Atlas of Robotic Prostatectomy.
Prostate cancer diagnostics in Prostate Center Europe
Before the beginning of treatment you’ll undergo the complete prostate diagnostics.
Diagnostic services of the clinic include:
- urological check-up, i.e. primary examination with/without MRI;
- prostate biopsy, i.e. main method of prostate cancer diagnostics;
- rehistology, i.e. review of prostate biopsies.
Treatment of prostate cancer in the Center
Prostate Center Europe specialists use the robotic system da Vinci when removing prostate cancer. Such a surgery decreases the probability of impotence development and enuresis after the operation by times and shortens the rehabilitation period just to 1 day.
Advantages of the da Vinci robot:
- minimum probability of erectile dysfunction and enuresis;
- very low pain effect after the surgery:
- minimum blood loss hence there is almost no need in blood transfusion;
- returning to daily activity within the period of 1 day;
- short hospital stay and quick rehabilitation;
- small punctures therefore the surgical scars are almost unnoticed.
The Center applies radiotherapy in case of recurrence after the surgery.
- Why do patients with prostate cancer choose Asklepios Hospital for the treatment?
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Asklepios as the alternative to preserve potency
- Technical capabilities of the German Clinic in oncology treatment
- Radiation and other methods for prostate cancer treatment in Asklepios Hospital
Why do patients with prostate cancer choose Asklepios Hospital for the treatment?
Prostate oncology is a common disease among men demanding the most careful treatment methods. The side effects make an impact on the sexual function. The network of Asklepios Medical Centers includes oncology departments with highly specialized physicians - that means that they choose one direction and improve themselves in it. But the decision on treatment strategy in Asklepios is made by the council of doctors where the oncology specialists, urologists, radiologists and pathologists take an informed decision. 92% of the patients admitted to Asklepios Oncocenters at the 1st-2nd stage of prostate cancer receive full recovery. For the patients at the later cancer stages the Clinic offers palliative medicine.
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Asklepios as the alternative to save preserve potency
Against the background of distant irradiation of the whole body which still remains the main method of prostate cancer treatment in many countries, the specialized clinics practice targeted radiotherapy and brachyherapy. This technique is a process of temporary implantation of radio particles into the patient’s body as close to carcinoma as it is possible. Besides the clinic practices radiofrequency ablation, chemotherapy and others.
Technical capabilities of the German clinic in oncology treatment
Traditional operations in 80% of prostate cancer removal cases lead to loss of sexual power, so the surgery precision is crucial. Modern medicine achieves such precision with the assistance of the da Vinci robotic surgery system. Asklepios uses the device of the 4s generation, by means of which surgeon performs surgeries with minimum risks.
Oncology center Barmbek is situated on the clinic’s 3rd floor where the patient may receive consultation of related professionals. The Department is headed by the Oncology Professor Chief Dr.Axel Stang.
Radiation and other methods for prostate cancer treatment in Asklepios Hospital
- laparoscopic prostatectomy (minimum incisions);
- traditional surgical interference;
- irradiation on IMRT technology and immunotherapy for early stages.
The complex of the offered services also includes the installation of port-catheters, ascite drainages and targeted ultrasound radiofrequency ablation of tumors.
In additions, Asklepios doctors conduct genotyping of cancer cells in order to choose effective chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of prostate cancer. It is necessary to admit that Germany is a popular state for the treatment of this oncopathology - and patients should approve the date of their arrival at the clinic. You can do it with the help of the doctor-consultants of the International Patients Support Center Bookimed. Ask for the help right now!
- Diagnostics of the prostate cancer
- Cost for diagnostics at Solingen Medical Center
- Treatment methods of the prostate carcinoma
- What is the rehabilitation process after cancer?
- Cost for carcinoma treatment
- Treatment efficiency in Solingen Clinic
Solingen Academic Medical Center has the status of the University Hospital by the University of Cologne. The Medical Center has several specific directions, one of which is the treatment of the oncologic diseases, particularly prostate cancer. The famous urologists and oncologic urologists in Europe apply here the efficient minimally invasive surgical methods and distance learning managed by Prof. Dr. med. Markus Heuser.
- Rectal examination held to detect the induration of the organ
- Ultrasound of the prostate and bladder, as well as the transrectal ultrasound to examine the pelvic organs
- Uroflowmetry is the examination of the micturition function
- Blood tests for tumor markers search
- Prostate tissues biopsy to detect the cancer cells
The following procedures are held in order to detect the tumor foci in other organs:
- Abdominal ultrasound
Cost for diagnostics at Solingen Medical Center
The cost for diagnostic procedures may vary in broad limits depending on the certain clinical case and the stage of the disease. The expenditures for the preliminary consultancy by oncologist and the package of the main tests comes up to 2,000 EUR.
- The preferred method is the prostatectomy, i.e. the surgical removal of the tumor, applying the da Vinci Surgical System.
- German doctors apply the following methods if any contraindications for the surgery arise:
- Distance irradiation of the tumor and the lymph nodes by the Cyber Knife;
- Destruction of the carcinoma by cryoablation, affecting the tumor with the low temperatures;
- Brachytherapy, i.e. administration of the capsules with isotopes into the tumor tissue for the local irradiation;
- Destruction of the cancer cells by the ultrasound ablation;
- At the later stages:
- Hormone therapy;
What is the rehabilitation process after the cancer?
The rehabilitation at the Medical Center takes 10-15 days, including the medical activities on restoration of the functions of micturition, potency and psychological health.
The cost for prostate cancer treatment in Germany at Solingen Medical Center
The expenditures for cancer treatment depend on the number of the medical procedures, the process of disease and ability of the organism to restoration. The prices for treatment at Solingen Medical Center for the foreign patients are the same as for the citizens of Germany, which are 20-30% lower than at other German medical centers via the Department of International Affairs.
Treatment efficiency in Solingen Clinic
The survival rate at the Medical Center is 80-90%, being one of the highest in Europe.
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!
Charité Urologic Hospital is one of the largest European urologic centers under the management of world-known oncologic urologists Prof. Kurt Miller MD. The individual plan of the prostate cancer treatment is developed by doctors, including both surgical (opened and minimal invasive laparoscopic) and traditional methods. Charité patients suffering the prostate cancer of the early stages preserve the sexual function after the treatment due to unique medical developments.
The following diagnostic procedures are held at Charité under the prostate cancer:
- physical examination;
- transrectal ultrasound;
- prostate biopsy;
- hystological analysis;
- laboratory blood testing incl. the tumor markers;
- X-ray and MRI;
- urine testing for microbiological and cytological examination;
- prostate cancer genetic testing and bone scan or CT to detect the metastases.
The total cost of diagnostics starts from 4,000 USD.
The following procedures are applied at Charité Urologic Hospital to treat the prostate cancer nowadays:
- nerves preserving extensive surgery of the prostate gland (prostatectomy) by traditional opened method or minimal invasive surgery by the brand new surgical device - DaVinci Surgical system of the last generation that enables to minimize the intraoperative tissue affection;
- brachytherapy (low frequency and high frequency SEED implants);
- high-frequency ultrasound HIFU with no negative affection of the surrounding healthy tissues and ionization;
- hormonal therapy.
The 5-10 years survival rate is one of the highest in Europe and goes up to 75%.