Urology Department of Barmbek Asklepios Hospital gatherers a team of world famous specialists. They focus on the entire range of urological diseases and operations: from laser therapy for renal calculi to minimally invasive treatment and complex surgical methods.
For an effective treatment and high cure rate doctors conduct orchiectomy (removal of a testicle together with resection of spermatic cord and neighboring lymph nodes). If metastases are detected, retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy is conducted. Chemo- and radiotherapy are applied before and after operation.
For cancer patients with testicular cancer stage 4 palliative therapy is available.
Treatment of testicular cancer is conducted by Dr. Sebastian Melchior
Doctor is included to TOP urologists in Germany according to rating of FOCUS magazine.
Gesundheit Nord Bremen, where is the largest Oncology Department of the Northern Germany, belongs to Nord Klinik Allianz. This Center regarding cancer treatment is accredited by German Society of Oncology DKG Klebsgesellshaft.
For diagnostics of testicular cancer a complex of procedures is necessary to undergo. Among them are oncologist’s and urologist’s consultation, methods of medical visualization. Alfa-fetoprotein test (AFT) is conducted in case if doctors suspect non-seminoma tumor.
Usually diagnostics for testicular cancer takes 4-6 days depending on the stage of disease.
A treatment plan is developed according to the stage of testicular cancer. The most efficient method of treatment is a full removal of a testicle (orchiectomy). Lymphadenectomy is also used, if metastases have been spread. Radio- and chemotherapy are applied, too.
In case of testicular cancer (seminoma) stage 1-2 the cure rate is up to 95%.
Treatment of testicular cancer is conducted by oncologist Justus Duyster
Doctor is among Top oncologists of Germany according to authoritative FOCUS journal rating.
Urology Department of Freiburg Hospital is in Top ones according to Focus magazine ranking.
Chief urologist of the Hospital is Dr. Ulrich Vetterauer with 47 years of experience.
Radiology Department of Freiburg complies with German quality certificate KTQ. On the basis of department diagnostic (PET-CT, MRI) and treatment procedures (radiation therapy, brachytherapy) are conducted.
Diagnostics of testicular cancer lasts within 4-6 days. According to the stage of disease and type of tumor (seminoma, non-seminoma), such procedures can be applied:
|Consultation of an oncologist|
|Consultation of an urologist|
|CT (computer tomography)||3500 €|
|Brain MRI with contrast|
|Alfa-fetoprotein (AFP) test|
The primary treatment of testicular cancer includes an orchiectomy (a resection of testicle). Chemo- and radiation therapy is also obligatory to use. Lymphadenectomy is conducted in case of metastatic spread. If metastases have achieved the brain, an appropriate treatment is also prescribed.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
Treatment of cancer pathology is performed in seven Charite Clinics united into one integrated Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center. Center is under the direction of Professor Ulrich Keilholz is one of the most famous and respected oncologists in Europe. The Centre includes the most innovative and professional modern equipment for the treatment of cancer, such as CyberKnife, linear accelerators, etc. Accurate diagnosis, individual approach to each patient and medical case allow disclosing the early stages of oncology, making each procedure or operation unique, quality and corresponding to the highest world standards.
- Professional oncologists at Helios Medical Center
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer
- Cost for treatment of oncologic diseases in Germany
Why Helios Medical Center is considered one of the leading in oncologic diseases treatment in Germany?
- Acute leukemia
- Melanoma, i.e. skin cancer
- Lymphogranulomatosis, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tumors in the nervous and endocrine systems
- Breast cancer
- Tumors in the digestive system
About 10 thousand patients go for diagnostics and get the treatment program at Helios Center of Oncology annually, while over 3 thousand get ambulatory treatment.
How do the experts operate at Helios Medical Center?
Professor Wolf-Dieter Ludwig manages Helios Center of Oncology, being the expert in diagnostics and treatment of various kinds of cancer and other oncologic pathologies. Qualified oncologists are among the Medical Center staff, having many years of work experience and applying the modern comprehensive methods of treatment.
What do the cancer diagnostics and treatment include?
Diagnostics at the early stages is able to increase significantly the treatment efficiency; therefore, Helios Medical Centers are fitted with all the required modern equipment for qualitative and precise examinations. The patient gets the required treatment when the diagnosis is put. Helios Center of Oncology provides the interdisciplinary therapy as well. The following diagnostic and treatment procedures are among standard ones:
- Biochemical blood test + tumor markers testing
- CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Surgery by Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and robotic surgical system, i.e. the da Vinci etc.
- Chemotherapy modern methods
- Hormone therapy
- Bio and immunologic therapy
What is the cost for treatment for the foreign patients at Helios Medical Center?
The prices for cancer treatment in Germany are justified by the medicine level and the treatment efficiency. Every patient can pay for the medical services directly to the account of the Medical center with no commissions for agents by virtue of Bookimed service. You can order the treatment program including the pricing now!