More than 90% success rate and preservation of the limb at the early stages of osteosarcoma
The treatment of osteosarcoma is handled by a whole team of doctors led by oncologist Axel Stang. In complex cases, consultations are held with specialists from different fields. Asklepios doctors conduct organ-saving operations, when it is possible.
The hospital offers diagnostics at the early stages, organ preservation surgery, possibility of out-patient treatment, psychological and spiritual support in the palliative care facility and services on the replacement of a part or whole the bone for qualitative implants made of plastic and metal.
The main method of bone tumors resection — minimally invasive operations, replacement some or all of the bone for high-quality implants. At Asclepios doctors also apply pre- and postoperative chemotherapy with the newest drugs.
Essen University Hospital is one of the leaders among high-quality medical services providers in Europe. The hospital has an international authority, successfully combines research work with the treatment of patients. And the development and implementation of innovative treatment techniques, conducting various clinical trials and actively collaborates with leading hospitals around the world as well.
Why Solingen Clinic is recommended to the patients with cancer?
Solingen University Hospital (located at International University of Cologne) uses innovative protocols of chemotherapy, reducing the risk of recurrence and improves drug tolerance. Wide usage of radiosurgery and endoscopy make patients recover more quickly and leave less cosmetic defects after surgery.
Oncology Service is headed by Dr. Peter Emshermann, the world-known oncosurgeon. There are narrow specialists (oncosurgeons and chemotherapists) for tumors of any origin and localization.
Integrated oncology diagnostics in Solingen
- High-field MRI (of 1.5 T capacity) capable of detecting a tumor of the size of 1 mm;
- PET-CT and MSCT allow oncologists to find metastases in any place of the body;
- ductography, mammography, breast ultrasound are used for rapid diagnostics of breast cancer;
- biopsy, including evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes for determination the type of tumor and treatment tactics;
- determination of tumor markers, analysis of biomedical measurement
- biochemical analysis of indicators of cellular blood composition, urine and liquor.
Main types of medical aid in Solingen Oncology
- pancreatic head resection including preservation of the spleen and the pylorus;
- resection of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands;
- liver cancer and biliary tract cancer surgeries;
- basal cell carcinoma removal, surgical treatment of squamous cell carcinoma;
- rapid diagnostics and removal of melanomas and potentially malignant naevi;
- treatment of cervical and uterine cancers;
- all types of mastectomy with simultaneous breast reconstruction;
- radiofrequency ablation of brain tumors by means of the CyberKnife system.
What is the cost of cancer treatment in German Solingen Clinic for foreign patients?
In Solingen Clinic, a foreign patient pays as much as a German citizen does. Only few medical institutions in Germany conduct the same price policy in relation to patients from other countries. The rest of the hospitals offer medical tourists the prices, that can differ even in times. Find out the exact cost of cancer treatment in the clinic of Solingen right now by ordering an individual treatment program at the International patients support center Bookimed.
- Effectiveness of osteosarcoma diagnostics in Helios
- Experience of Helios orthopedic oncologists in bone tissue tumors removal
- What protocol is chosen to treat children's osteosarcoma in the Clinic
- Cost of osteosarcoma therapy in Helios
Osteosarcoma (osteogenic sarcoma) treatment may be followed by amputation of extremity, where the tumor is localized, so it is extremely important to be sure of the diagnosis correctness.
Doctors in the Department of Oncology at Helios Medical Center while putting the osteosarcoma diagnosis and appointing treatment, practice comprehensive approach with multidisciplinary council to select therapeutic tactics.
When the diagnosis is confirmed, a patient undergoes chemotherapy to minimize the tumor size and eliminate possible metastasis. The success of the treatment depends on particular type of tumor, its location, early detection and response to presurgical chemotherapy treatment.
What is the diagnostics procedure in Helios Kliniken?
The researching program at suspicion on osteosarcoma in Helios Hospital include:
- bone tissue biopsy (the most informative investigation for this disease);
If metastasis are suspected, the following procedures will be added:
Authoritative German experts Prof. Dr. med. Robert Krempien and Dr. med. Stephan W. Tohtz, who have over 20 years of experience in practical and researching work in the treatment of patients with osteosarcoma, deal with malignant pathologies of bone tissue in the hospital.
For maximal malignant formation weakening during presurgical preparation, a patient will be appointed to undergo a course of chemotherapy with Adriblastina, Methotrexatum, and Aetoposidum. These drugs are included into the modern protocols of cancer treatment that have proven their effectiveness. In the German clinics, surgeries are attended by an expert pathologist. His aim is to see how the tumor responds to the preliminary chemotherapy. By virtue of evaluation of the pathologist, treating doctor corrects the subsequent therapy. After resection, chemotherapy follows.
- Patients after limb amputation surgery can apply to the Department of Plastic Surgery.
What protocol is chosen to treat children's osteosarcoma in Helios
German clinics adhere COSS protocols, developed by the researching group COSS (Cooperative German-Austrian-Swiss Osteosarcoma Study Group). In Germany, they were introduced in 2011 after the renewal of a number of indications in the study of pediatric osteosarcoma.
Cost of osteosarcoma therapy in Helios
Price for health care services will depend on the stage of the disease. Osteosarcoma is classified into three subtypes according to the degree of its aggressiveness. This rate also affects the method of treatment and prices. The approximate cost of examinations for osteosarcoma diagnosis in Germany varies between EUR 7,000 - 9,000.
You may get treatment options, based on your situation, as well as assistance in the rapid treatment organization abroad and detailing current price from the Doctor-Coordinator of the International Patient Support Center Bookimed.
The company has already helped 22,000 of patients to avoid payment intermediaries.