Below are represented the best retinoblastoma (eye cancer) treatment centers. The ranking is composed according to retinoblastoma treatment efficiency, doctors’ qualification, and patients’ reviews. These eye cancer treatment centers have the following advantages:
- Focus on eye preserving therapies. In up to 90% of retinoblastoma cases, the eye and visual functions are preserved.
- Application of new sparing chemotherapy that affects the tumor exclusively without involving healthy tissues.
- International recognition and experience. The retinoblastoma treatment centers represented below provide therapies according to the strict international treatment protocols. The retinoblastoma specialists intershare their experience by training in the leading European and American hospitals.
The urgent beginning of the treatment is a key to a successful retinoblastoma therapy. Bookimed International Patients’ Support Center speeds up the treatment arrangement by several times. Submit a request on Bookimed, and our Medical Doctor will help in choosing the most suitable retinoblastoma hospital for your child and arrange the treatment within 3-7 days.
Bookimed is an independent platform to search for the best treatment worldwide. We protect relationships between a patient and hospital. All payments you make right in the chosen medical center after arrival.
The Pediatric Oncology Department in Asklepios Clinic is one of the largest in Northern Germany. It treats cancerous tumors, malignant blood diseases and provides bone marrow transplantation.
Chemotherapy and immunotherapy are used in the Clinic. Each year, 4,000 patients receive this therapy here.
The team of doctors consists of an oncologist, oncohematologist, pediatric nurses and a child psychologist.
- Anadolu is a partner of Johns Hopkins Hospital, the leading one in the USA regarding cancer treatment. This cooperation allows Anadolu implementing the latest technologies and cancer therapy, intercharge the experience with American colleges.
- The center received the recognition from Organisation of European Cancer Institutes (OECI) for the high cancer efficiency treatment.
- Anadolu is certified by European Society of Medical Oncology for the qualitative diagnostics and effective treatment of patients with oncological diseases.
- Anadolu responses within 3 days after the request on Bookimed, and the retinoblastoma treatment is arranged in the shortest term.
- Sourasky doctors are among Top 5 in the world according to Forbes rating, the most truthful international medical journal.
- Sourasky Medical Center is in Top 10 list of the most popular hospitals among foreign patients according to the Newsweek magazine, the famous American edition.
- On the premises of Sourasky Medical Center, specialized Dana Dwek Children’s Hospital works. The narrow-focused center applies the techniques developed for children exclusively. It allows achieving the better result compared to treatment in the usual facilities for adults.
- The center accepts children for retinoblastoma treatment from the infant age to 18 years old.
The Pediatric Oncology Department of Medipol Medical Center (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of neuroblastoma, Ewing's sarcoma, nephroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma.
The Department is a part of the Medipol Cancer Center.
Medipol oncologists provide CT and MRI examinations to detect cancer. To determine the localization of metastases, the specialists conduct positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT).
Surgical removal of tumors is performed using Da Vinci robotic system or laparoscope. For tumors irradiation, CyberKnife and GammaKnife systems are used.
- No.1 hospital in Spain regarding the level of medical technologies, research, and medical care according to HM Hospitales data.
- Focus on organ-preserving operations.
- The pediatric department accepts patients with retinoblastoma from the infant age to 18.
Retinoblastoma Treatment Cost
The cost for treatment of retinoblastoma may vary due to the following factors:
- the country chosen for treatment
- experience of an eye cancer specialist
- the method applied for treatment.
Retinoblastoma treatment options:
- intra-arterial chemotherapy (a type of chemo which influences the tumor directly without affecting healthy tissues. BUT an applying of this method is possible only if a patient hasn’t started undergoing a general chemotherapy. In this case, an eye becomes insensitive to intra-arterial chemo);
- cryotherapy (freezing destroys malignant cells with a cold gas);
- laser coagulation (a procedure when a laser through a lens directs to a pathological area of retina and destroys a tumor).
These methods allow to save an eye and visual functions. If retinoblastoma is diagnosed late, and a patient has already lost the visual functions, in this case eye oncologist makes an enucleation — a removal of an eye. After a surgery specialists install prosthesis for aesthetic appearance.
For more detailed information, submit a request, and Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will contact you to find the best retinoblastoma hospital in your particular case.
How much does retinoblastoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9600|
|Radiotherapy||$3150 - $28200|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|High intensity focused ultrasound ablation (HIFU)||$11300 - $39500|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4100|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1900|
|CT (computer tomography)||$290 - $1400|
Doctors calculate the cost of retinoblastoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final retinoblastoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
41 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate retinoblastoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $200. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $580.
- Teknon Oncology Institute cooperates with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, one of the best in America.
- The leading position in Europe regarding the success rate of treatment, the level of equipment, the experience of doctors.
- It is equipped with the 3-mm multislice accelerator system for stereotactic radiosurgery to destroy pediatric cancer tumors. It is the only such a precise unit in Spain and South Europe.
- Bumrungrad is considered one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the world.
- Top destination for health tourism among patients from the USA, Europe, Canada, Australia due to the high treatment efficiency and affordable prices.
- Numerous international certificates for achievements in the treatment (ANCC, CSSD, GHA, etc.).
- IBM Watson artificial intelligence is applied at Bumrungrad. It is a supercomputer that collects all the cancer cases registered in the world's’ top hospitals and the plans of their treatment. IBM Watson scan medical records of a particular patient and offers the most effective treatment plans. It allows avoiding medical errors and significantly shortens the process of treatment plan developing.
- Liv children's cancer hospital is certified by TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein), European supervision for the quality of medical services. Liv equipment and doctors’ qualification comply with the strictest European standards.
- 20-30% lower prices than in top European pediatric oncology hospitals without quality loss.
- Fast response from the hospital. Liv kids cancer hospital is ready to accept a little patient within 3 days after submitting a request on Bookimed.
- Liv children’s cancer clinic provides treatment of retinoblastoma, brain tumors, sarcomas.
- Liv treats kids from the infant age to 18.
- Sant Joan is one of the leading pediatric hospitals in Spain and Europe according to hospital's data.
- The hospital is the 1st in Europe to apply the intra arterial chemotherapy for retinoblastoma treatment. It is type of chemo when drugs are administered directly in the eye artery. It allows preserving the eye and is harmless to healthy organs which is very essential for a little patient development.
- Retinoblastoma specialists at Sant Joan conduct research and clinical trials on intra arterial immunotherapy and oncolytic VCN001 virus. The last treatment option is available only at Sant Joan and is applied when other methods are ineffective.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
The Pediatric Department of Navarra specializes in the treatment of most frequently diagnosed oncological diseases in children including different types of sarcoma. Doctors have an experience in the treatment of over 1,500 cases of sarcomas in children, and achieve 75% of survival rate. Nowadays Navarra is one of the most important medical center in Spain.
- Helios Berlin-Buch is the best hospital in Germany according to the Focus magazine ranking 2018, the most authoritative journal in the country.
- The center accepts patients from the infant age to 18 years.
- The hospital responds quite slowly due to its popularity among foreigners, but with Bookimed the treatment may be arranged in 7-10 days after your request.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
Apollo Hospitals is the largest medical network in the South Asia - 64 hospitals in 9 countries. It has the best diagnostic laboratory in India and the biggest Transplantation Center after the USA. Clinics of Apollo accept over 1,000,000 patients from different countries annually. Reasonable prices, state-of-the-art equipment and well-developed infrastructure make Apollo popular worldwide.
Global Hospital (Gleneagles Global Health City) is a multidisciplinary hospital in Chennai, India.
The hospital is the best medical facility for the organ transplant in the country and the world’s leader in the number of successful liver transplants (over 1,000). Doctors are the 1st in India to perform minimally invasive lung and combined heart-kidney transplants.
Gleneagles Global Health City specializes in the organ and bone marrow transplant, cardiology, pulmonology (treatment of the lungs), and oncology.
Global Hospital Chennai is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Medical Group, which accepts 2 mln patients annually.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Istanbul which belongs to the large Memorial Healthcare Group. The Memorial Atasehir specialties are organ transplant (with 99.5% success rate for liver and 99% for kidney), in vitro fertilization (65% success rate), oncology, cardio- and neurosurgery.
The hospital has Joint Commission International (JCI) certificate for the compliance with international treatment standards, quality, and safety. JCI is a global organization that controls the quality of medical services worldwide.