Best Rhabdomyosarcoma Treatment Centers
The effectiveness of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment depends on the hospital where a patient wants to get help and the methods applied there. Bookimed cooperates with the soft tissue sarcoma centers where innovative therapies (targeted chemotherapy, immunotherapy) are developed and applied. Among them are hospitals in Spain, Germany, Israel, Italy and other European countries.
On-time starting of treatment allows to achieve a complete recovery in up to 80% of cases (it concerns the initial stages of disease). Leave a request, and Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will contact to choose the best hospital for treatment in your particular case.
The treatment of children with rhabdomyosarcoma is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of oncologists, pediatricians and focused narrow specialists.
The specialists apply organ-preservation and minimally-invasive methods using laser techniques. If a patient needs a removal of a big area of tissues, doctors make its reconstruction (a type of plastics depends on the localization of a tumor).
- No.1 hospital in Spain regarding medical technologies, research, care according to HM Hospitales data.
- DNA tests of pediatric brain tumors to choose the most adequate therapy.
- Molecular tests of tumor to apply the targeted therapy.
- The children’s cancer clinic accepts patients from the infant age to 18.
- Pediatric oncology types treated at HM: bone tumors, brain tumors, neuroblastoma, leukemia, etc.
The Pediatric Oncology Department in Solingen Clinic is certified by the World Health Organization. Here, tumors of various localizations and blood diseases are treated.
Cancer therapy in children is conducted in conjunction with the Oncology Center and the Solingen Center for Radiology.
During treatment, parents are housed in the same ward with the child.
Assuta Hospital is the largest clinic of private ownership in Israel. It develops a lot of medical directions and is highly specialized in surgery, IVF, cardiology (the use of VenaSeal, Cryo and MICRA and other innovative techniques) and oncology. The main distinguishing feature of this medical institution is a high level of attentiveness to the patient’s needs. The option of a surgical operation, an attending physician and a type of the room is not the complete list of things left up to the choice of the patient.
Best Rhabdomyosarcoma Specialists
Rhabdomyosarcoma is a type of sarcoma derived from soft tissues. Treatment of this type of tumor involves a complex approach. It is necessary to apply a surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and in some cases - bone marrow transplant. Due to this such soft tissue sarcoma specialists are involved into the treatment: pediatricians, oncologists, radiologists, hematologists and other narrow focused doctors.
Bookimed cooperates only with the best cancer centers and specialists experienced in rhabdomyosarcoma treatment. Among them are:
- Prof. Ulrich Bitz who heads the Sarcoma Center in Helios Hospital (Germany). His team applies a unique type of chemotherapy for treatment of soft tissue sarcoma, which influences only on tumor without affecting healthy tissues.
- Prof. Ofer Merimsky is an internationally recognized specialist of sarcoma treatment (including rhabdomyosarcoma) working in Ichilov Hospital (Israel);
- Dr. Jaume Mora Graupera manages the Pediatric Oncology Department at Sant Joan de Deu (Spain), who together with his team develops innovative methods for treatment of rhabdo- and other types of sarcomas.
Leave a request, and Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will help to find the best rhabdomyosarcoma specialist according to your individual case.
How much does rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9600|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $28200|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$600 - $3400|
|MRI of one area||$350 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|Breast biopsy||$1200 - $2400|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
Doctors calculate the cost of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
48 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $260. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $800.
- The average cost of rhabdomyosarcoma diagnostics is $4700. The lowest price is $3900 and the highest — $5450.
- Teknon Oncology Institute cooperates with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, one of the best in America.
- The leading position in Europe regarding the success rate of treatment, the level of equipment, the experience of doctors.
- It is equipped with the 3-mm multislice accelerator system for stereotactic radiosurgery to destroy pediatric cancer tumors. It is the only such a precise unit in Spain and South Europe.
The Department is the only one in Northern Israel which provides comprehensive cancer treatment in children. Specialists care for children with cancer from birth to 20 years old. They achieve 80% cure rate using international treatment protocols. The psychological help and medical clowns are available in the Hospital to make children’s stay and treatment more comfortable.
Hadassah Hospital is one of the best and the most famous medical institutions in Israel. Hospital was founded in 1934 by Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization in the USA. Hadassah Hospital consists of 2 university clinics:
One of the best medical institutions in the world is The Sarah Wetsman Davidson Hospital Tower. It is a part of the Ein Kerem Hadassah Hospital.
Asklepios Nord is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Hamburg. It is included in the biggest medical network in Germany — Asklepios Kliniken.
Pediatrics, neurosurgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery are the main specialties at Asklepios Nord.
Asklepios Nord is regularly ranked among TOP hospitals in Germany for dentistry, ophthalmology, proctology.
72,000 patients receive treatment in the hospital annually.
Asklepios Klinik Altona is a university hospital of Hamburg, one of the oldest medical facilities in Northern Germany. The medical center belongs to the hospitals’ group of Asklepios Kliniken. Asklepios Altona Hamburg specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, abdominal surgery, neurology, and oncology specialties.
95,000 patients get treatment annually here.
CDT-WEST Center of Diagnostics and Therapy
CDT-WEST is a specialized diagnostic radiology and therapy center in Cologne (Germany).
Specialists conduct health check using the latest CT, MRI, and PET-CT (positron emission tomography) devices.
Radiation therapists carry out such modern techniques as IMRT (intensity-modulated radiotherapy), IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), DIBH (deep inspiration breath hold radiation therapy). These methods allow treating tumors located close to vital organs safely and effectively.
Essen University Hospital
Essen University Hospital is one of the Europe leaders which provides high-quality medical services and accurate diagnosis in many areas (oncology, hematology, transplantation and treatment of cardiovascular disease). The hospital has an international authority, successfully combines research work with the practice of the treatment of patients, as well as the development and implementation of innovative treatment techniques, conducting various clinical trials and actively collaborates with leading hospitals around the world.
The Pediatric Oncology Department of Medipol Medical Center (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of neuroblastoma, Ewing's sarcoma, nephroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma.
The Department is a part of the Medipol Cancer Center.
Medipol oncologists provide CT and MRI examinations to detect cancer. To determine the localization of metastases, the specialists conduct positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT).
Surgical removal of tumors is performed using Da Vinci robotic system or laparoscope. For tumors irradiation, CyberKnife and GammaKnife systems are used.
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is a multidisciplinary hospital included in the network of medical centers Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Bremen-Mitte specializes in oncology, orthopedics, surgery, neurology, and neurosurgery.
In 2015-2016, Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included the hospital in the TOP of the leading medical institutions in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews and doctors’ qualifications.
40,000 patients choose Klinikum Bremen-Mitte for treatment every year.
Klinikum Bremen-Ost is a multidisciplinary hospital located in Bremen. The hospital is a part of the Gesundheit Nord-Klinikverbund Bremen network of hospitals. Bremen-Ost Hospital specializes in lung surgery, neurology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry.
Bremen-Ost is among best German medical facilities in 2015-2016 according to the rating of Focus magazine. The rating includes hospitals with positive patients’ feedback and high treatment success rates.
Every year Bremen-Ost receives 19,000 patients for treatment.
- Specialized Children’s Center works on the premises of Bumrungrad and accepts kids with oncology.
- Artificial intelligence. The IBM Watson supercomputer is used to develop the most effective cancer treatment plan. It stores the medical histories of patients with cancer who were treated in the best world hospitals. IBM Watson scans your data and chooses the most effective treatment option in your particular case avoiding the medical error.
- Bumrungrad is certified by Global Healthcare Accreditation that confirms the hospital’s compliance with the strict treatment standards for medical tourists.
- Liv children's cancer hospital is certified by TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein), European supervision for the quality of medical services. Liv equipment and doctors’ qualification comply with the strictest European standards.
- 20-30% lower prices than in top European pediatric oncology hospitals without quality loss.
- Fast response from the hospital. Liv kids cancer hospital is ready to accept a little patient within 3 days after submitting a request on Bookimed.
- Liv children’s cancer clinic provides treatment of retinoblastoma, brain tumors, sarcomas.
- Liv treats kids from the infant age to 18.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.