Best Rhabdomyosarcoma Treatment Centers
The effectiveness of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment depends on the hospital where a patient wants to get help and the methods applied there. Bookimed cooperates with the soft tissue sarcoma centers where innovative therapies (targeted chemotherapy, immunotherapy) are developed and applied. Among them are hospitals in Spain, Germany, Israel, Italy and other European countries.
On-time starting of treatment allows to achieve a complete recovery in up to 80% of cases (it concerns the initial stages of disease). Leave a request, and Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will contact to choose the best hospital for treatment in your particular case.
The treatment of children with rhabdomyosarcoma is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of oncologists, pediatricians and focused narrow specialists.
The specialists apply organ-preservation and minimally-invasive methods using laser techniques. If a patient needs a removal of a big area of tissues, doctors make its reconstruction (a type of plastics depends on the localization of a tumor).
The Pediatric Oncology Department of Medipol Medical Center (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the treatment of neuroblastoma, Ewing's sarcoma, nephroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma.
The Department is a part of the Medipol Cancer Center.
Medipol oncologists provide CT and MRI examinations to detect cancer. To determine the localization of metastases, the specialists conduct positron emission computed tomography (PET-CT).
Surgical removal of tumors is performed using Da Vinci robotic system or laparoscope. For tumors irradiation, CyberKnife and GammaKnife systems are used.
Klinikum Bremen-Mitte is a multidisciplinary hospital included in the network of medical centers Gesundheit Nord (Nord Klinik Allianz). Bremen-Mitte specializes in oncology, orthopedics, surgery, neurology, and neurosurgery.
In 2015-2016, Focus magazine, an authoritative German edition, included the hospital in the TOP of the leading medical institutions in Germany. The rating is based on patients’ reviews and doctors’ qualifications.
40,000 patients choose Klinikum Bremen-Mitte for treatment every year.
Treatment plan for little and young patients is conducted in the specialized Dana Dwek Children’s Hospital which belongs to Sourasky Medical Group.
- No.1 hospital in Spain regarding medical technologies, research, care according to HM Hospitales data.
- DNA tests of pediatric brain tumors to choose the most adequate therapy.
- Molecular tests of tumor to apply the targeted therapy.
- The children’s cancer clinic accepts patients from the infant age to 18.
- Pediatric oncology types treated at HM: bone tumors, brain tumors, neuroblastoma, leukemia, etc.
Best Rhabdomyosarcoma Specialists
Rhabdomyosarcoma is a type of sarcoma derived from soft tissues. Treatment of this type of tumor involves a complex approach. It is necessary to apply a surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and in some cases - bone marrow transplant. Due to this such soft tissue sarcoma specialists are involved into the treatment: pediatricians, oncologists, radiologists, hematologists and other narrow focused doctors.
Bookimed cooperates only with the best cancer centers and specialists experienced in rhabdomyosarcoma treatment. Among them are:
- Prof. Ulrich Bitz who heads the Sarcoma Center in Helios Hospital (Germany). His team applies a unique type of chemotherapy for treatment of soft tissue sarcoma, which influences only on tumor without affecting healthy tissues.
- Prof. Ofer Merimsky is an internationally recognized specialist of sarcoma treatment (including rhabdomyosarcoma) working in Ichilov Hospital (Israel);
- Dr. Jaume Mora Graupera manages the Pediatric Oncology Department at Sant Joan de Deu (Spain), who together with his team develops innovative methods for treatment of rhabdo- and other types of sarcomas.
Leave a request, and Bookimed Doctor-Coordinator will help to find the best rhabdomyosarcoma specialist according to your individual case.
How much does rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9600|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3150 - $28200|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$620 - $3400|
|MRI of one area||$350 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
|Breast biopsy||$1200 - $2400|
Doctors calculate the cost of rhabdomyosarcoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
48 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate rhabdomyosarcoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $260. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $800.
- The average cost of rhabdomyosarcoma diagnostics is $4700. The lowest price is $3900 and the highest — $5450.
- Teknon Oncology Institute cooperates with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, one of the best in America.
- The leading position in Europe regarding the success rate of treatment, the level of equipment, the experience of doctors.
- It is equipped with the 3-mm multislice accelerator system for stereotactic radiosurgery to destroy pediatric cancer tumors. It is the only such a precise unit in Spain and South Europe.
- Specialized Children’s Center works on the premises of Bumrungrad and accepts kids with oncology.
- Artificial intelligence. The IBM Watson supercomputer is used to develop the most effective cancer treatment plan. It stores the medical histories of patients with cancer who were treated in the best world hospitals. IBM Watson scans your data and chooses the most effective treatment option in your particular case avoiding the medical error.
- Bumrungrad is certified by Global Healthcare Accreditation that confirms the hospital’s compliance with the strict treatment standards for medical tourists.
- Liv children's cancer hospital is certified by TÜV (Technischer Überwachungsverein), European supervision for the quality of medical services. Liv equipment and doctors’ qualification comply with the strictest European standards.
- 20-30% lower prices than in top European pediatric oncology hospitals without quality loss.
- Fast response from the hospital. Liv kids cancer hospital is ready to accept a little patient within 3 days after submitting a request on Bookimed.
- Liv children’s cancer clinic provides treatment of retinoblastoma, brain tumors, sarcomas.
- Liv treats kids from the infant age to 18.
The Pediatric Oncology Department in Solingen Clinic is certified by the World Health Organization. Here, tumors of various localizations and blood diseases are treated.
Cancer therapy in children is conducted in conjunction with the Oncology Center and the Solingen Center for Radiology.
During treatment, parents are housed in the same ward with the child.
Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong, also known as KUIMS, is a multidisciplinary medical facility in Seoul (capital of South Korea).
KUIMS is a first and only global center that combines different medical approaches in one facility — international medicine with the traditional one.
Oncology, medical check-ups, orthopedics, and dentistry are the leading specialties at Kyung Hee University Medical Center.
The center is a medical partner of the FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan and is recognized as an outstanding facility by WHO and UNICEF.
1,500,000 patient visit KUIMS annually.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
The Pediatric Department of Navarra specializes in the treatment of most frequently diagnosed oncological diseases in children including different types of sarcoma. Doctors have an experience in the treatment of over 1,500 cases of sarcomas in children, and achieve 75% of survival rate. Nowadays Navarra is one of the most important medical center in Spain.
The treatment on the base of specialized Sarcoma Center. For the appointment of treatment pediatricians, oncologists and other narrow focuses specialists are involved.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Global Hospital (Gleneagles Global Health City) is a multidisciplinary hospital in Chennai, India.
The hospital is the best medical facility for the organ transplant in the country and the world’s leader in the number of successful liver transplants (over 1,000). Doctors are the 1st in India to perform minimally invasive lung and combined heart-kidney transplants.
Gleneagles Global Health City specializes in the organ and bone marrow transplant, cardiology, pulmonology (treatment of the lungs), and oncology.
Global Hospital Chennai is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Medical Group, which accepts 2 mln patients annually.
Samsung Medical Center is a prominent multidisciplinary hospital in South Korea that has repetitively received many awards in customer satisfaction and services quality. It has a special status of “Hospital of presidential standards”. A part of Samsung Medical Complex, Comprehensive Cancer Center provides the most thorough treatment for cancer patients using state-of-the-art equipment: Novalis, IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), Da Vinci surgical system, etc.
Assuta Hospital is the largest clinic of private ownership in Israel. It develops a lot of medical directions and is highly specialized in surgery, IVF, cardiology (the use of VenaSeal, Cryo and MICRA and other innovative techniques) and oncology. The main distinguishing feature of this medical institution is a high level of attentiveness to the patient’s needs. The option of a surgical operation, an attending physician and a type of the room is not the complete list of things left up to the choice of the patient.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.