On the page, you can see the best hematology oncology hospitals. International Patients pick these medical centers for hematology & oncology treatment due to the following reasons:
- Innovative treatment methods. Clinics listed below provide immunotherapy and related bone marrow transplant to treat high-risk leukemia and lymphoma. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 52 of 63 children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia have reached the remission after revolutionary CAR T-cell therapy — when patient’s own T-cells affect cancer. 80% of patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma have beaten the disease after 6 months due to this treatment.
- High survival rate. According to the Children's Oncology Group over the last 50 years, the survival rates in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia have risen to 80%. Best pediatric hematology oncology hospitals are equipped with HEPA filters to prevent infectioning after high-dose chemotherapy.
- Minimally invasive surgeries. Surgeons perform safe minimally invasive techniques using the Da Vinci Robotic System. It provides less scarring, fewer side effects, and shorter hospital stay.
Submit a request on our website to choose the best hematology oncology clinic. Learn about Bookimed services here.
- Anadolu cooperates with the John Hopkins Hospital, ranked No. 3 best hospital according to the U.S. News & World Report. Hospital physicians work with American colleagues to develop new medical options for blood cancer patients.
- The Hematology Department is the 3rd in Europe by the number of bone marrow transplants. Only in September 2018 specialists have conducted over 1,800 successful transplants.The Department includes the stem cell and HLA typing laboratory to determine the compatibility of a patient and a donor.
- The Anadolu doctors provide radiotherapy with advanced linear accelerator TrueBeam Edge — radiation directly affects cancer cells with accuracy to 0.5 mm not damaging healthy tissues.
- Medipol Hospital has accreditation from Joint Commission International, official organization evaluating American clinics quality.
- Prof. Deniz Sargin with experience of 35 years heads the Hematology Department at Medipol. Dr. Sangin uses targeted cancer therapy with radiotherapy and chemotherapy to fasten the patients’ recovery.
- Medipol is one of the leading children's hematology oncology hospital in Turkey. The Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Center treats leukemia, all lymphoma types, and hard-to-cure tumors. The effectiveness of treatment with bone marrow transplant in Medipol is 91.5%.
- Medipol Pediatric Hematology Department is one of the leading children's oncology center in Turkey. The department specialists use MIBG therapy in children with advanced neuroblastoma. This treatment is safer than traditional radiotherapy — it directs radiation precisely to a tumor saving healthy tissues and it is effective for metastatic cancer.
- Helios Berlin-Buch has received a certificate from the German Society of Oncology, largest expert institution of Oncology in Germany uniting experienced cancer researchers.
- The hospital is among top best hospitals in Germany according to Forbes. The rating is based on success rate, medical equipment, doctors’ experience, and patient’s reviews.
- Annually Helios Berlin Buch accepts over 200,000 patients.
- The Hematology and Oncology Department at the Helios Berlin-Buch is one of the largest in Europe. Its big and experienced medical team performs over 200 stem cell transplants per year in comparison to other German hospitals, which conduct on average 80 transplants each year.
Common proceduresChemotherapy Bone marrow transplantation Immunotherapy Ultrasound MRI of one area Biopsy
HM Hospitales is a prominent group of clinics in Spain which provides medical services in all fields and consists of 6 general hospitals and 3 advanced research centers specializing in oncology, cardiology, neurology and neurosurgery. During 27 years this group has provided high-quality services to its patients and has become the international golden standard. Combination of experienced professionals and state of art technologies has made HM Hospitales in Madrid a reputable leader in the area of private medical services listed among Top 5 Private Hospitals.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
How to choose a hematology oncology clinic for treatment?
To pick the most appropriate hematology oncology clinic, pay attention to the following factors:
- Hospitals’ recognition. If medical centers have numerous international certificates and accreditations that means they comply with international healthcare protocols and provide safe, high-quality healthcare to their patients.
- Experienced hematologists. Specialists with decades of experience treat patients with hematologic diseases in the hospitals listed below.
- Advanced medical equipment. Take into account whether a hospital provides advanced medical equipment for diagnostics & treatment of malignant hematologic diseases. For instance, TrueBeam linear accelerator is used to treat hard-to-reach lymphoma tumors due to highly accurate irradiation and minimum impact on healthy organs.
- Blood bank access. Most clinics may provide access to a blood bank working on its premises for urgent bone marrow transplants.
- Patients’ reviews. Check patients’ experience in the hematology oncology hospitals. Most centers provide treatment for children with hematologic malignancies.
How was the best hematology oncology hospitals’ rating composed?
Bookimed has formed the rating of the best hematology oncology hospitals according to:
- Bookimed patients’ opinions
- Bookimed expertise
- hospitals’ treatment success rate.
What are top 3 clinics for hematology oncology treatment?
- Anadolu Hospital
The Hematology Department at Anadolu is ranked the 3rd in Europe by the number of bone marrow transplants. Only in September 2018, over 1,800 successful transplants have been performed according to the hospital’s data.
- Helios Berlin-Buch
The Hematology-Oncology Department at Helios Berlin-Buch is considered as one of the largest in Germany. Doctors conduct over 200 stem cell transplants each year. For comparison, other German clinics perform only about 80-100 procedures annually.
- Sant Joan de Déu
Sant Joan is among the best pediatric hematology oncology hospitals in Europe. According to the center statistics, about 80% of children’s lives have been saved. The hospital’s researchers are involved in permanent clinical trials to develop new options to treat malignant hematologic diseases in children.
What methods are available in the best hematology oncology clinics?
- Chemotherapy remains one of the main treatment for hematologic cancers, especially in combination with radio-, immuno- and targeted therapies.
- Bone marrow transplant is performed for metastatic and relapsed hematologic cancers. Only a doctor determines whether a patient requires such a treatment.
- Immunotherapy is applied when chemo and other options are ineffective. Drugs boost the patient’s immune system to fight cancer without damaging healthy tissues.
- Targeted therapy detects cancer cells and blocks their division. A hematologist may prescribe it only if a patient has a cancer with genetic mutations. The therapy causes milder side effects compared to chemotherapy.
- Radiotherapy is used in combination with chemo to destroy cancer cells before and after bone marrow transplant. Such a combination is applied for relapsed or resistant blood cancers to other therapies.
Who are the best hematology oncology doctors
- Professor Zafer Gülbaş heads the Hematology Oncology Department at Anadolu. Prof. Gülbaş is No.1 expert for bone marrow transplant in Turkey with experience of 29 years. The doctor applies flow cytometry — a blood examination technique to precisely diagnose the patient’s immune system state. That helps to make the most accurate diagnosis. Prof. Gülbaş specializes in the treatment of acute leukemia, Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas, anemia, etc.
- Doctor Dror Levin is a leading pediatric hematologist-oncologist with 20 years of experience, working in Sourasky Hospital (Ichilov). Dr. Levin consults on blood diseases (including problems with blood clotting) in children — newborns and premature babies. Dr. Levin is well-known for his achievements in the diagnosis & treatment of a wide range of complex and chronic blood diseases in newborns, children, and adults. In his daily practice, the doctor applies the latest treatments. Dr. Levin was awarded by the President of Israel for achievements and contributions to the development of modern medicine.
- Professor Bertram Glass is the Head of the Hematology and Oncology Department at Helios Berlin-Buch, Germany. Prof. Glass specializes in treatment of blood cancers (acute leukemia, lymphomas, myelomas, etc.) and handling bone marrow transplants. The professor uses such modern treatments as immunotherapy combined with bone marrow transplant to increase the patient’s chances to get recovered totally.
How to get treatment in the best hematology oncology hospitals?
- Submit a request on Bookimed and our manager will contact you shortly.
- Together you will check all possible medical centers and choose the most appropriate one.
- Then your medical records are sent to the chosen hospital.
- You receive an initial treatment plan and bill.
- If you agree with both of them, Bookimed manager starts arranging your medical trip.
The arrangement of a medical trip is FREE, you pay only for treatment in a hospital.
Costs of hematology oncology procedures
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9700|
|Bone marrow transplantation||$22000 - $284000|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11300|
|Radiotherapy||$3150 - $30000|
|Targeted therapy||$1200 - $9100|
|Ultrasound||$40 - $700|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
|CT (computer tomography)||$230 - $1450|
- Sant Joan de Déu is one of the top children's hematology and oncology hospitals in Spain and Europe. The Center has its own Laboratory for molecular medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
- At the hospital, specialists perform a molecular diagnostic of a tumor to determine if it requires intensive post-surgery treatment.
- According to the hospital’s statistics, the survival rate after bone marrow transplant rises. To 90-100% after allogeneic transplant from a related donor, and 70-80% after unrelated one.
- Dr. Isabel Badell Serra, a world-class pediatric hematologist-oncologist in Sant Joan de Déu with experience of 39 years. Dr. Badell Serra participated in the first haematopoietic stem cell transplant in Spain, has performed over 500 of them.
- To know more about other best children's hematology and oncology hospitals, submit a request on our website. Bookimed manager is ready to help you!
- The Hematology Oncology Department at Sourasky accepts 10,000 patients per year. Doctors of the Department treat lymphomas, leukemias, myeloma etc.
- At Sourasky, Prof. Zelig Eshhar develops the revolutionary CAR T-cell therapy, which launches engineered patients’ T-cells to destroy hematologic diseases. In 2018, the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved CAR T-cell therapy as effective treatment for blood cancer patients.
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 33 patients of 35 with multiple myeloma have reached the remission after 2 months of CAR T-cell therapy — it’s 94% of patients.
- The Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Division of Sourasky Medical Center works in Dana-Dwek Children's Hospital. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of malignant and benign hematologic diseases in children. It accepts approximately 3,500 patients every year.
- The Pediatric Hematology Oncology Department’s specialists perform autologous (self-donated) and allogeneic (donated) stem cell transplants.
Fuda Hospital is a world-renown cancer hospital located in Guangzhou, China.
Fuda Cancer Hospital treats oncology at any stage, including advanced cancer. Over 10 types of minimally invasive therapies are applied instead of chemotherapy. Among them are cryosurgery, NanoKnife, vascular interventional therapy, microwave hyperthermia treatment, etc.
Fuda doctors have achieved the most significant results in cancer treatment in the late stages.
The quality of Fuda medical services is confirmed by JCI (Joint Commission International), the global standard in healthcare.
Over 30,000 patients from over 100 countries have chosen Fuda to treat cancer.
Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of blood diseases: chronic and acute leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, anemia.
Diagnosis is performed by biopsy and bone marrow analysis. To detect metastases, a positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used.
For treatment, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation are prescribed.
- Teknon Medical Center is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), an official American organization certifying US clinics quality.
- The Hematology Oncology Department at Teknon belongs to the Institute of Oncology. It cooperates with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center (USA) to develop new blood cancer options.
- Professor Emili Montserrat, world-class hematologist, has 40 years of research experience in hematology oncology. Dr. Montserrat is also an expert on leukemias and lymphomas for the World Health Organization (WHO).
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
- Bumrungrad Hospital has become a top destination for medical tourists on the report of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, a journal publishing original medical research, analyzes, and reviews.
- It is the 1st hospital built in Asia according to the United States National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Bumrungrad is safe and comfortable hospital for patients.
- It is the first medical facility outside of North America using IBM Watson for oncology treatment. It’s aquestion-answering computer system helping doctors to provide effective treatments for cancer patients.
- Bumrungrad specialists provide effective targeted and immuno therapies to prevent blood cancer cells from spreading around the body.
- Experienced hematologists carry out hematopoietic stem cell and peripheral blood stem cell transplants to treat leukemia, lymphoma, aplastic anemia, and bone marrow cancers.
- The high level of healthcare at Liv Hospital is approved by American Joint Commission International (JCI) quality accreditation certificate, European ISO (the International Organization of Standardization) and TÜV SÜD (leading quality inspection system) certificates.
- The hospital works with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center, one of the oldest cancer centers providing effective strategies to treat malignant diseases.
- LIV Hospital Robotic Surgery Center is considered a Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) due to its quality, safety, and care.
- The team of experienced hematologists provides treatment over 25 years. Prof. Oral Nevruz treats adults and Dr. Hilmi Apak gives treatment to children.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
Samsung Medical Center is a prominent multidisciplinary hospital in South Korea that has repetitively received many awards in customer satisfaction and services quality. It has a special status of “Hospital of presidential standards”. A part of Samsung Medical Complex, Comprehensive Cancer Center provides the most thorough treatment for cancer patients using state-of-the-art equipment: Novalis, IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), Da Vinci surgical system, etc.
The Oncohematology Department in Solingen Clinic (Germany) is certified by the German Cancer Society.
It specializes in the treatment of blood and lymph diseases.
Doctors use new targeted therapy drugs and 360 ° radiotherapy system to target cancer cells, while keeping healthy tissues intact.
The Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, multiple myeloma and anemia.
Doctors in the Clinic use innovative methods: treatment with monoclonal antibodies and targeted drugs. They affect cancer cells without damaging the healthy ones.
The Oncohematology Department in Asklepios Medical Group (Hamburg) is the largest in Northern Germany. Doctors of the Department treat acute and chronic leukemia, lymphomas. The Center of the Bone Marrow Transplantation operates on the basis of the Department.
Annually, 4 000 patients successfully undergo chemo- and immunotherapy treatment.
At the Department innovative method of cancer treatment is available: targeted therapy. It only affects cancer cells and has no side effects.
The team of doctors consists of oncologists, oncohematologists and psycho-oncologists.
The Department of Oncohematology in Nordwest Clinic (Germany) has the Center for Blood Cancer Treatment certificate. Doctors treat leukemia, lymphoma, coagulation, and hematopoiesis.
Specialists use chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and bone marrow transplantation.
Soon Chun Hyang University Hospital Seoul is multidisciplinary hospital for examination and treatment of various diseases, founded in 1974 and located in Seoul. There are four hospitals in Soon Chun Hyang Universety Hospital, which located throughout South Korea.