Why do patients look for top lymphoma hospitals overseas?
Top ranked hospitals for lymphoma cancer treatment are listed below. The rating is based on Bookimed expert opinion and patients' reviews. They picked these medical centers due to the following reasons:
- High success rates. According to the American Cancer Society statistics, the 5-year survival rates for Hodgkin’s lymphoma are about 90% for 1-2 stages and about 80% for the 3d stage if a treatment program is proper. Main methods can include chemotherapy, radioimmunotherapy, and targeted therapy for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients and bone marrow (stem cells) transplant for both lymphoma types.
- Advanced medical equipment. Best lymphoma treatment centers apply Novalis TrueBeam STx linear accelerator. The radiation targets a tumor only, not damaging healthy tissues and organs.
- Most top lymphoma clinics are involved in blood cancer trials. Scientists develop innovative lymphoma treatment options. For instance, gene therapy (CAR T-cell treatment) approved by FDA (the Food and Drug Administration, the USA). Patients are able to try new treatment if they meet trial requirements.
Submit a request on Bookimed and our medical doctor will give you a FREE consultation regarding an appropriate clinic for you. Together we will choose the best lymphoma treatment center!
Our services are completely free for patients — learn more about Bookimed on our website.
- The Hematologic Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Program was launched in 2010 at Anadolu Medical Center. Hematologic oncology is one of the most successful specialties there. Over 1,800 successful transplants have been carried out at Anadolu Medical Center.
- Professor Zafer Gülbaş is a leading hematologist-oncologist who heads the Bone Marrow Transplant Department at Anadolu. Prof. Gülbaş has over 29 years of experience in the field of hematologic diseases. The Professor worked at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, the USA) and was a visiting physician in the Molecular Hematology and Treatment Department of the MD Anderson Cancer Research Center (the USA).
- Anadolu Medical Center complies with strict international healthcare standards. The medical center is audited by Johns Hopkins Medicine International annually, within a partnership program to raise healthcare standards.
- Anadolu is among Top 5 European clinics in bone marrow transplants for lymphoma patients according to the hospital’s statistics.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get more details about Anadolu for lymphoma treatment.
- Medipol is one of the leading children's hematology oncology hospital in Turkey. The Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Center treats all lymphoma types. 91.5% is success rate of treatment with bone marrow transplant at Medipol.
- Prof. Deniz Sargin has 35 years of experience in the field of hematology oncology. Dr. Sargin heads the Hematology Department at Medipol where applies targeted therapy together with radiotherapy and chemotherapy to treat lymphoma patients.
- Medipol Pediatric Hematology Department is one of the leading children's oncology centers in Turkey. The Department specialists provide MIBG therapy, a high-dose radioactive agent treatment. Such a therapy is safer than traditional radiotherapy — it delivers radiation precisely to a tumor saving healthy tissues. It is effective even for advanced cancer according to the hospital’s data.
- Medipol Hospital has got accreditation from Joint Commission International, an authoritative organization evaluating world-class clinics around the world.
- Dr. Zelig Eshhar, the pioneer investigator of the latest CAR (chimeric antigen receptor) T-cell therapy for lymphoma treatment, works in Sourasky Hospital. During this therapy, white blood T-cells identify tumors and destruct them. CAR T-cell therapy affects refractory tumors resistant to chemo- and radiotherapies and helps patients to achieve remission faster than with traditional therapies.
- Doctors at Sourasky provide chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant for advanced lymphoma. Immunotherapy is also applied to boost the patient’s immunity to destroy malignant cells not affecting healthy ones.
- Sourasky Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Department provides a lymphoma treatment for children. The hospital’s specialists have a multidisciplinary approach to each case — they discuss it to make a correct and effective treatment plan. The medical team helps children to feel comfortable during the hospital stay.
HM Hospitales – famous network of private clinics in Madrid. It includes 6 multidisciplinary hospitals and 3 medical centers. НМ Monteprincipe and НМ Sanchinarro clinics were included in TOP 5 best private medical institutions in Spain.
- Teknon is a partner Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York) ranked top 2 cancer hospital according to the U.S. News & World Report’s rating. Together they work on innovative methods of treatment for lymphoma.
- Professor Emili Montserrat, one of the most experienced world-class hematologists, works at Teknon Medical Center. Prof. Montserrat has 40 years of research experience in hematology oncology. The doctor is also an expert on leukemias and lymphomas for the World Health Organization(WHO).
If you want to check the costs in the best hospital for lymphoma treatment, submit a request on our website.
How to choose the best hospital for lymphoma treatment?
Top medical facilities providing successful lymphoma treatment worldwide are listed on this page. To understand what facility is the most appropriate for you. Pay attention to these aspects while searching for the best cancer center for lymphoma:
- Doctor's experience. Check doctor’s CVs to find out whether they are specialized in your case. Take into account the education, internships background, number of successful operations performed, patients' reviews.
- Clinic's accreditation. Make sure a lymphoma hospital is certified by international organizations like JCI (Joint Commission International) or ISO (International Standardization Association). The best lymphoma treatment centers have multiple certificates approving the high quality of medical services.
- High-quality medical options. Be sure a hospital applies advanced lymphoma cancer treatment appropriate for your case.
- Patients’ reviews. Find the reviews from people who have already treated lymphoma at a chosen medical center.
Still have some questions? Submit a request on Bookimed website and our manager will contact you to consult you the best lymphoma treatment centers.
What therapies are used in the best lymphoma treatment centers?
See what treatment options are applied at the best lymphoma treatment centers:
Immunotherapy & targeted therapy. These both therapies are applied in the hospitals listed on this page to treat hard-to-cure lymphoma. Immunotherapy provides drugs which boost the patient’s immunity to detect cancer cells and damage them without affecting healthy ones. Targeted therapy is used to destroy malignant formations without a negative impact on healthy cells. Such a treatment is recognized as more precise than conventional chemotherapy.
Gene therapy. Such an innovative treatment was approved by FDA (the Food and Drug Administration) in 2018. Most Israeli clinics apply CAR T-cell therapy, one of the gene therapy types. That means a patient’s T-cells (immune cells) are stored and modified in the laboratory. They are grown there and then injected to a patient’s blood to destroy lymphoma cells.
Bone marrow transplant. Specialists can also apply autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants for patients with difficult cases. Autologous transplant includes the harvesting of the patient’s stem cells in remission. Then a patient undergoes chemotherapy and after that gets back stored stem cells which start affecting malignant cells. Allogeneic transplant provides transferring stem cells from a healthy donor to a patient with lymphoma.
Chemotherapy vs immunotherapy: what treatment is more effective?
To treat lymphoma, specialists may use one of these therapies, but they provoke different effect on a human’s body. Chemotherapy attacks both cancerous and healthy cells and causes severe side effects as hair loss, nausea, etc.
Immunotherapy leads to less serious side effects as rash, diarrhea. Moreover, a doctor can prescribe immunotherapy when chemo does not work. But correctly established chemotherapy provokes high success rate for lymphoma patients.
Top 3 countries to treat lymphoma
Israeli medical facilities are recognized among the greatest ones for treatment of lymphoma and other hematologic diseases. Hematologists of Israel are world-renowned specialists who have developed such therapies as immunotherapy and CAR T-cell which show a great result when traditional therapies are ineffective.
Hospitals in Germany provide accurate lymphoma treatment worldwide. The best German specialists carry out stem cell transplants and apply the latest therapies for patients with hematologic malignancies. Treatment of advanced lymphoma is provided in German medical centers.
Medical centers in Turkey provide advanced lymphoma treatment at affordable prices in comparison with German and Israeli hospitals. Turkey offers more affordable costs due to general price policy within the country and income of local citizens. However, healthcare quality complies to strict international standards. Turkish doctors have completed their internships and fellowships in world-class US medical institutions. Only advanced treatments are applied to treat hematologic malignancies. Find the best Turkish lymphoma medical centers.
Are Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas curable?
59-69% are 5- and 10-year survival rates for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and 80-85% — for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
What aspects influence success rate of lymphoma treatment?
- Age of the patient. If you are under 60 years and has 1-2 stages, it is easier to treat malignancy. In such a case, cancer is not spread to other organs and occurs more curable.
- Cancer stage. Prognosis is more positive for 0-2 stages but advanced lymphoma can be treated as well if a correct treatment plan has been established.
- General health condition. Having good health may help to fight cancer faster.
See how to arrange a travel for lymphoma treatment with Bookimed below.
How to receive lymphoma treatment with Bookimed?
- Submit a request on our website — Bookimed manager will contact you in the shortest time.
- You will get all info about the best lymphoma medical centers.
- Then your medical docs will be sent to a chosen hospital.
- Within 4-5 days you will receive a preliminary treatment plan with prices.
- Bookimed manager will help you to arrange your medical trip and will support you 24/7 till you come back home.
Get a free consultation about the best places for lymphoma treatment — submit a request now.
How much does lymphoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9600|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $29300|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $2700|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1950|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1200|
|Breast biopsy||$1200 - $2400|
Doctors calculate the cost of lymphoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final lymphoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
76 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate lymphoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $240. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of lymphoma diagnostics is $2450. The lowest price is $2300 and the highest — $2900.
- The average treatment price is $90000.
- Bumrungrad Hospital has become a top destination for medical tourists on the report of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, a journal publishing original medical research, analyzes, and reviews.
- It is the 1st hospital built in Asia according to the United States National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Bumrungrad is safe and comfortable hospital for patients.
- It is the first medical facility outside of North America using IBM Watson for oncology treatment. It’s aquestion-answering computer system helping doctors to provide effective treatments for cancer patients.
- Bumrungrad specialists provide effective targeted and immuno therapies to prevent blood cancer cells from spreading around the body.
- Experienced hematologists carry out hematopoietic stem cell and peripheral blood stem cell transplants to treat leukemia, lymphoma, aplastic anemia, and bone marrow cancers.
- Sant Joan de Déu is one of the top children's hematology and oncology hospitals in Spain and Europe. The Center has its own Laboratory for molecular medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
- At the hospital, specialists perform a molecular diagnostic of a tumor to determine if it requires intensive post-surgery treatment.
- According to the hospital’s statistics, the survival rate after bone marrow transplant rises. To 90-100% after allogeneic transplant from a related donor, and 70-80% after unrelated one.
- Dr. Isabel Badell Serra, a world-class pediatric hematologist-oncologist in Sant Joan de Déu with experience of 39 years. Dr. Badell Serra participated in the first haematopoietic stem cell transplant in Spain, has performed over 500 of them.
- To know more about other best children's hematology and oncology hospitals, submit a request on our website. Bookimed manager is ready to help you!
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
Rambam Medical Center
- The Hematology Center of Rambam has a laboratory and blood bank for lymphoma patients.
- Specialists of Rambam provide autologous (patient’s own) and allogeneic (donor) stem cell transplants for people with advanced lymphomas.
- Professor Zila Zuckerman is a hematologist and transplantology specialist at Rambam with over 20 years of experience. Prof. Zuckerman heads the Bone Marrow Transplant Department and actively participates in research of treatment for malignant hematologic diseases.
- Over 2,000 bone marrow transplants are performed at Rambam Medical Center each year.
- Oncology Center of Rambam is certified by ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology), an authoritative healthcare organization.
- Rambam specialists and their colleagues from the University of Wisconsin (the USA) were first who obtained embryonic stem cells that lead to create new blood vessels.
Rabin Medical Center
- At Sheba Medical Center, doctors apply chemotherapy followed by bone marrow transplant to treat Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas.
- Innovative CAR T-cell therapy is available in the hospital. This is a type of immunotherapy which helps the immune system to detect cancer cells and destroy them. The patient’s T-cells are collected and genetically transformed in the lab. Then they are injected to the patient’s body and start growing to attack cancer.
- The Bone Marrow Department accepts over 4,500 patients each year.
- Doctors carry out autologous (patient’s own stem cells) and allogeneic (from related/unrelated donor) bone marrow transplants for lymphoma and other hematologic malignancies.
- Professor Arnon Nagler, a leading hematologist-oncologist with more than 25 years of experience heads the Hematology and Bone Marrow Departments at Sheba. Prof. Nagler provides CAR T-cell therapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplants (autologous and allogeneic) for lymphoma patients.
- Over 2,000 bone marrow transplants are performed at Sheba annually.
The medical center offers lymphoma treatments from $90000. The treatment cost depends on procedures required and condition complexity. The average hospital's ranking 4 according to 4 patients reviews. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, paid clinic-airport transfer and translator. Submit a request on Bookimed website and get the lymphoma treatment cost in Israel and other countries.
The Rudolfinerhaus Private Clinic
The Rudolfinerhaus Private Clinic is the best stationary clinic in the capital of Austria. Traditions of high-quality medical service and rehabilitation of patients at this Hospital account for more than 125 years. The clinic is equipped with the latest equipment and is situated in the prestigious 19th district in Wien. There are three major aims of the Rudolfinerhaus: high competence, complete safety and values of humanity.
- The high level of healthcare at Liv Hospital is approved by American Joint Commission International (JCI) quality accreditation certificate, European ISO (the International Organization of Standardization) and TÜV SÜD (leading quality inspection system) certificates.
- The hospital works with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center, one of the oldest cancer centers providing effective strategies to treat malignant diseases.
- LIV Hospital Robotic Surgery Center is considered a Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) due to its quality, safety, and care.
- The team of experienced hematologists provides treatment over 25 years. Prof. Oral Nevruz treats adults and Dr. Hilmi Apak gives treatment to children.
- Doctor Ora Paltiel is a leading hematologist-oncologist with over 25 years of experience. Dr. Paltiel researches lymphoma causes and develops novel therapies.
- At Rambam, specialists provide chemotherapy, autologous (patient’s own stem cells) and allogeneic (donor’s cells) bone marrow transplant for patients with advanced relapsed lymphoma.
- Immunotherapy is implemented at Hadassah. These drugs push the patient’s immune system to fight lymphoma cells. Such a treatment causes less severe side effects than traditional chemo.
- The hospital provides advanced lymphoma treatment in children.
- The Hematology and Oncology Department at Helios Berlin-Buch is one of the biggest in Europe.
- The Head of Helios Hematology Department, Prof. Bertram Glass and his team of more than 25 experienced world-class doctors perform over 200 transplants annually. That exceeds the Ministry of Health maximum standard more than 8 times. For comparison, other German clinics carry out on average 80-100 transplants per year.
- At Helios, specialists provide high-dose chemotherapy followed by stem cell transplant with autologous (your own) or allogeneic (donor) stem cells to achieve a successful outcome.
- Immunotherapy is also applied to boost the patient’s immune system to fight lymphoma tumor.
- 50-90% is a success rate for advanced lymphoma treatment according to the hospital’s data. Success often depends on the patient’s state of health.
- Helios Berlin-Buch has a certificate from the German Society of the Oncology, the largest expert institution of this specialty in Germany.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get more details about lymphoma treatment.
Düsseldorf Clinics Association
- Specialists from the Hematology Oncology Department provide immuno- and targeted therapies to treat lymphoma. For immunotherapy, a doctor uses drugs that stimulate the patient’s immunity to destroy cancer cells.
- 50% of patients undergo ionizing radiation therapy alone or in combination with chemotherapy to prepare a patient for bone marrow transplant.
- Over 200,000 patients undergo treatment in Düsseldorf Clinics Association annually.
Submit a request to receive more details about lymphoma treatment in Düsseldorf Clinics Association.
Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus
Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is one of the largest medical institutions of the Rurh region in Germany. The Hospital consists of 19 departments, 10 certified centers. Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus is a leading facility for emergency patients as the most efficient in severe cases. Annually clinics receives around 80,000 patients and actively cooperates with other European and German medical centers in the field of medical assistance and teaching programs.
Essen University Hospital
Essen University Hospital is the largest center in Europe for bone marrow transplantation.