Why do foreign patients prefer non-Hodgkin's lymphoma hospitals abroad?
According to the American Cancer Society, survival rate for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) I-II stages rises to 90% if a patient gets a proper treatment.
Bookimed presents the best non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma hospitals below. Patients choose these medical facilities due to the following reasons:
- World-class treatment methods. The leading specialists provide targeted and immunotherapy — drugs that prevent cancer cells to spread and launch patient’s immune system to attack cancer. The doctors use the latest CAR T-cell therapy for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients if required.
- Advanced diagnostics of NHL subtypes. The hospitals use highly sensitive gene tests to detect a subtype among 40 of them to make a correct treatment plan.
- Hospitals use proton therapy to eliminate hard-to-reach NHL tumors near the heart or lungs. It is proper for patients with solid lymphoma tumors because protons do not damage healthy tissues.
If you want to get more information about any best hospital for treating non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, submit a request on Bookimed website.
Our doctor-coordinator will provide you a consultation based on your case — to learn more about Bookimed services click here.
- Anadolu works with the John Hopkins Hospital which is ranked No. 3 among the best hospitals according to U.S. News & World Report. Anadolu specialists cooperate with American colleagues to provide non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients with innovative medical options.
- The Anadolu doctors provide radiosurgery with CyberKnife M6 and radiotherapy with TrueBeam Edge — radiation beams target cancer cells directly with accuracy to 0.5 mm not affecting healthy tissues.
- Prof. Zafer Gülbaş is No. 1 hematologist-oncologist in Turkey, specializes in bone marrow transplant. Prof. Gülbaş is the Head of the Bone Marrow Transplant Department at Anadolu. The doctor has completed the internship at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the best oncological medical facilities around the world.
- To learn more about other the best non Hodgkin's lymphoma hospitals, submit a request to our manager.
- Sourasky is accredited by the FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) to provide highly sensitive medical tests. It helps to identify non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients who meet immunotherapy treatment requirements.
- Doctor Odelia Goor, the leading hemato-oncologist with more than 15 years of experience, combines advanced stem cells therapy and molecular targeted therapy for successful non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment. Dr. Goor has already helped about 87% of patients to beat blood cancer.
- Medipol Mega University Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission International, an authoritative organization that evaluates American clinics quality.
- At Medipol The Pediatric Hematology Unit works. Its specialists apply international treatment protocols followed by advanced medical equipment, as TrueBeam accelerator and CyberKnife to damage non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in children.
- Deniz Sargin M.D., the Head of Hematology Department at Medipol with the experience of 35 years, performs successful bone marrow transplants for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients. Dr. Sargin also studies innovative treatment methods for all lymphoma types.
- To know more about best non Hodgkin's lymphoma hospitals, ask Bookimed manager by submitting a request on our website.
- Teknon medical team cooperates with specialists of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York ranked top 2 cancer hospital according to the U.S. News & World Report’s rating. They participate in collaborative investigations and try innovative treatment methods for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients.
- The Teknon Oncology Institute provides more than 10 immunotherapy drugs — doctors can make a proper treatment picking the most appropriate medication for each non-Hodgkin’s patient.
- Bumrungrad International Hospital specialists provide their non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients with targeted therapy. The drugs prevent malignant cells from spreading around the body and reduce cancer symptoms.
- The doctors at Bumrungrad use a combination of chemo- and radiotherapy to stop lymphoma cells spreading throughout the body — it is easier to beat cancer with drugs in case a tumor is too large to be surgically removed.
How to choose the best hospital for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment?
To pick the best non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma hospital, take into account the following points:
- Experienced doctors. On our website, you can read about top hematologists specialized in your situation. Check their CVs, certificates to be sure a doctor provides advanced treatment methods for your case.
- Medical equipment and options. A medical center must have the latest equipment including PET-CT, MRI, and common treatment procedures, as stem cell transplant, radioimmunotherapy, targeted therapy etc.
- Treatment costs. Find the country with affordable costs. For example, Turkey has the lower prices than in Europe for cancer medical care due to the country’s economic policy, but its medicine is competitive with the most developed countries.
- Reviews. Read the patients’ reviews about the hospital you pick to be sure you can trust it.
If you can't define what best non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma hospital to choose, ask our doctor-coordinator by submitting a request on our website.
How much does non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy||$300 - $9000|
|Bone marrow transplantation||$22000 - $281200|
|Immunotherapy||$1150 - $11200|
|Radiotherapy||$3100 - $30000|
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $5000|
|PET/CT||$480 - $4050|
|Ultrasound||$90 - $700|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1500|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $970|
Doctors calculate the cost of non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
58 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $210. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of non-hodgkin's lymphoma diagnostics is $4650. The lowest price is $4550 and the highest — $4750.
- Sant Joan de Déu is one of the top children's hematology and oncology hospitals in Spain and Europe. The Center has its own Laboratory for molecular medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
- At the hospital, specialists perform a molecular diagnostic of a tumor to determine if it requires intensive post-surgery treatment.
- According to the hospital’s statistics, the survival rate after bone marrow transplant rises. To 90-100% after allogeneic transplant from a related donor, and 70-80% after unrelated one.
- Dr. Isabel Badell Serra, a world-class pediatric hematologist-oncologist in Sant Joan de Déu with experience of 39 years. Dr. Badell Serra participated in the first haematopoietic stem cell transplant in Spain, has performed over 500 of them.
- To know more about other best children's hematology and oncology hospitals, submit a request on our website. Bookimed manager is ready to help you!
- According to the Focus Magazine, an authoritative publication writing about science and technologies, Helios is among top German hospitals. It has received an ISO certificate ensuring a high quality of healthcare.
- The Hematology and Oncology Department at Helios Berlin Buch is considered to be one of the biggest in Europe. Dr.Bertram Glab, an experienced hematologist and the Head of the Department is specialized in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment. Dr. Glab participates in clinical trials to develop innovative methods treating aggressive non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- The hospital specialists provide high-dose therapies followed by stem cell transplant: autologous or allogeneic — as a way to achieve long-term success.
- Every year, the Hematology Department specialists perform over 200 successful bone marrow transplants due to professional and experienced medical team. To compare, other clinics in Germany carry out about 80-100 transplants per year.
Sheba is the one of medical centers in Israel where doctors use gene therapy for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment. According to Sheba statistics about 9 and 7 out of 10 children and adults have achieved the remission in 3 months after treatment.
The medical center has advanced techniques, as cytogenetic profiles, MRI, CT, and PET-CT for detection and analysis of lymphoma. It helps to make a right diagnosis.
The Pediatric Hemato-oncology Department at Sheba has successfully treated 12 cases with innovative CAR-T therapy.
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit doctors successfully perform 250 transplants per year.
- The high level of healthcare at Liv Hospital is approved by American Joint Commission International (JCI) quality accreditation certificate, European ISO (the International Organization of Standardization) and TÜV SÜD (leading quality inspection system) certificates.
- The hospital works with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center, one of the oldest cancer centers providing effective strategies to treat malignant diseases.
- LIV Hospital Robotic Surgery Center is considered a Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) due to its quality, safety, and care.
- The team of experienced hematologists provides treatment over 25 years. Prof. Oral Nevruz treats adults and Dr. Hilmi Apak gives treatment to children.
Düsseldorf Clinics Association
Düsseldorf Clinics Association consists of 4 multidisciplinary hospitals. Physicians at Dusseldorf specialize in oncology, neurology, cardiology, orthopedics, and surgery.
More than 60 professors work in the Association. They head the rating of the best physicians according to Focus magazine, one of the three German most widely circulating titles.
Over 200,000 patients undergo treatment in Düsseldorf Clinics Association annually.
CDT-WEST Center of Diagnostics and Therapy
CDT-WEST is a specialized diagnostic radiology and therapy center in Cologne (Germany).
Specialists conduct health check using the latest CT, MRI, and PET-CT (positron emission tomography) devices.
Radiation therapists carry out such modern techniques as IMRT (intensity-modulated radiotherapy), IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy), DIBH (deep inspiration breath hold radiation therapy). These methods allow treating tumors located close to vital organs safely and effectively.
- San Raffaele has the largest Bone Marrow Transplant Department in Italy. Doctors conduct about 90 related and unrelated donor allogeneic transplants for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients each year.
- San Raffaele Hospital participates in cancer treatment trials, as the Strategic Research Program in Immunology and Bio-Immunotherapy of Cancer, Microenvironment and Genes in Cancers of the Blood — patients with rare non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma are able to try new methods of treatment if they require the trials’ criteria. The hospital is the first in using haploidentical transplants. It's an infusion of genetically modified donor T-cells promoting fast immune reconstruction.
At Samsung Medical Center doctors address cancer of the lymph nodes in the Division of Hematologic Malignancy. Physicians take part in scientific advancement, developing of a new treatment regimen and innovative chemotherapy agents.
Each patient is prescribed personalized care and medicines that takes into account person’s peculiarities. Transplantologists in the Clinic perform bone marrow transplantation.
The Department of Oncohematology in Memorial Hospital (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the therapy of blood and lymphatic pathologies.
Patients with lymphomas, leukemias, multiple myeloma, anemia and bleeding disorders receive therapy here. They undergo chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
- The Clinic is considered one of the best non Hodgkin's lymphoma hospitals. Almost 2 million patients come to Asklepios Barmbek for quality treatment each year.
- Oncologists provide the best treatment for non Hodgkin's lymphoma at Asklepios: chemo-, targeted-, radio therapies (both as a standalone measure and in combination with other treatment options). Multidisciplinary teams treat onco-patients in the Hospitals. Multiple specialists from various units address patients.
- Asklepios specialists develops a revolutionary new method of radioimmunotherapy – a combination of radiation therapy and immunotherapy using radioactive antibodies to affect the tumor not damaging healthy cells.
The Department of Oncohematology in Nordwest Clinic (Germany) has the Center for Blood Cancer Treatment certificate. Doctors treat leukemia, lymphoma, coagulation, and hematopoiesis.
Specialists use chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and bone marrow transplantation.
Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of blood diseases: chronic and acute leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, anemia.
Diagnosis is performed by biopsy and bone marrow analysis. To detect metastases, a positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used.
For treatment, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation are prescribed.
Medicover Clinic is a multidisciplinary hospital in Warsaw. It belongs to the network of 157 medical centers in 14 countries of the world. Medicover is the largest private clinic in Eastern Europe.
Doctors of the Medicover Hospital specialize in cardiosurgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopedics, gynecology, and plastic surgery.
Over 500,000 patients undergo treatment at Medicover annually.
Medicover Hospital offers comprehensive medical services to patients. It has ISO 9001:2008 certification and Ministry of Health accreditation. Medicover has 7 specializes department and 7 diagnostic centers. The medical institution is opened 24/7 hours.