Sant Joan de Deu Hospital is located on the Mediterranean coast. Mild climate and environment are extremely beneficial for the the child’s recovery after stroke. Besides the Clinic has activated the social program targeted to alleviate the inpatient stay. The program involves clowns, animators, teachers, and psychologists.
Methods of stroke rehabilitation for children
- Botox therapy – injections of botulinum toxin for the reduction of spasticity;
- classes with speech therapist help to restore communication skills and swallowing reflex;
- occupational therapy is conducted in the specialized department with cozy home atmosphere. Here the children are taught to be maximum independent;
- exoskeleton is a mechanical orthosis with the help of which the kid learns to keep vertical position and walk;
- physiotherapy in the open air;
- classes with neuropsychologist are targeted to detect and eliminate cognitive disorders;
- hydrotherapy includes classes in the therapeutic pool with mobile bottom;
- electrical therapy for the stimulation of the weakened muscles;
- trainings in two gymnasiums, one of which is for neurorehabilitation.
Cost of stroke rehabilitation for children
- The first stage of treatment – an intensive therapy right after admission to the Clinic. The cost of 7 day inpatient stay with full board -€1,970.
- The second stage – an outpatient treatment which costs €930 per week.
Quiron Barcelona Hospital is one of the leading clinics in Spain, strong suit of which is The Baselga Institute of Oncology. It makes progressive cancer researches in cooperation with American oncological centers. The clinic involves the latest equipment and the most experienced doctors in Spain. Diagnostic and therapeutic manipulations here combine maximum accuracy and efficiency and the personnel are ready to satisfy needs even of the most demanding patients.
Quiron Madrid Hospital is one of the best clinics in Spain which is a part of the holding QuironSalud.
This network takes 1st and 3rd places respectively in the number of clinics in Spain and Europe. Quiron Madrid uses the most innovative equipment. Its personnel consist exclusively of professionals many of whom are recognized around the world. The main task for the leadership of the clinic is to ensure the maximum treatment efficiency and comfort for every patient.