- Stroke rehabilitation program
- Peculiarities of stroke rehabilitation
- Cost of stroke rehabilitation at Reuth Rehabilitation Center
Patients from different countries and with various types of stroke come to be treated in the leading Tel Aviv Hospital. Its specialists use the most effective recovery methods. These methods along with the earliest beginning of rehabilitation process give the patient an opportunity to return to usual life or even to work.
Stroke rehabilitation program includes the following procedures:
- Physiotherapy – classes with physiotherapist aimed at returning basic motor skills to the patient who suffered a stroke.
- Occupational therapy – classes which help the patient to renew self-serving abilities.
- Snoezelen therapy – a procedure which affects all the senses and stimulates the specific CNS zones.
- Vector Gait – a system which keeps the patient in vertical position and supports him/her during walking workouts.
- HeadMouse – an innovative method allowing to control neck movements using a computer.
- Exoskeleton – a robotized orthosis which helps to train walking skills even in the most difficult cases.
- Stabilograph – a balance exerciser for the persons with vestibular disorders.
- Re-Step – a system which improves walking, balance and coordination.
- Anti Gravity – a specialized treadmill which reduces the load on legs through anti-gravitation mechanism.
- Speech therapy – classes with the therapist for the restoration of speech.
- Botox injections may in some cases eliminate contractures (the limitation of joint movements).
- Nutritional therapy includes the elaboration of personal menu that accounts for many indicators. In case of complicated swallowing reflex, the diet is additionally adapted by the speech therapist.
- Psychotherapy helps to overcome the emotional effects of stroke.
- Music therapy positively influences the patient’s mental health which is very important for those who suffer a stroke as which affects the emotional condition.
- Pet-therapy – a therapy through the patient’s communication with animals.
- Manual therapy includes acupuncture, yoga and massage.
Peculiarities of stroke rehabilitation:
The Department of Rehabilitation is functioning under the general supervision of physiatrist. Its team consists of the best physicians and specialists. The rehabilitation nurse takes professional care of the patient.
Stroke rehabilitation process in Reuth Hospital begins from diagnosing the patient’s condition and detecting post-stroke functional limitations. It involves the whole team of physiatrists. According to the general results each physician prepares the personalized recovery protocol depending on the objectives.
Cost of rehabilitation:
- cost of rehab for inpatients – $900-1,100 per 24 hours;
- outpatient procedures – nearly $490 per 24 hours.
- Diagnostic methods for the patients after stroke
- Rehabilitation technologies for the patients who suffered a stroke
- Cost of rehabilitation in Loewenstein Hospital
- FIM – an indicator of the patient’s independence determining to which extent the patient needs outside assistance in his/her everyday life.
- NIHSS – an index detecting the degree of neurological disorders in the patient.
- LOTCA – a system of cognitive disorders diagnostics elaborated by the specialists of Loewenstein Hospital.
Rehabilitation technologies for the patients who suffered a stroke:
- Locomat – a robot-assisted machine for the training of walking skills which significantly accelerates the recovery process;
- occupational therapy (including the program of driving skills restoration) – a complex of techniques which help the patient to obtain self-serving skills;
- physiotherapy – a great number of exercises targeted to return basic motor and cognitive functions to the patient;
- hydrotherapy – classes in the therapeutic pool which allow to train hand and leg movements with the greater amplitude than on land;
- brain exerciser is equipped in the separate hall and consists of several computers with the special program developed for the training of intellectual abilities;
- HeadMouse – a gadget allowing the patient to operate a computer without using his/her hands;
- MediTouch – a computer program for the training video game which is controlled using a special glove with sensors;
- exoskeleton – a robotized orthosis which enables even the paralyzed patients to walk.
Cost of rehabilitation in Loewenstein Hospital
The inpatient stay costs from $900 to $1,500.